Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

1 minute ago, Bezerker101 said:

action or history

Cool will just chuck a few names out for each of the ones I think that aren't usually as popular. 

Action

Taking of Pelham 123 (2013), The Rock, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Three Kings, The Rundown, Dredd (2012), Escape Plan, Lawless

History 

Defiance, The Patriot, There Will Be Blood, The Last King of Scotland, Enemy At The Gates, Bridge of Spies, Rush, Munich

Random suggestion: The Escapist

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Cool will just chuck a few names out for each of the ones I think that aren't usually as popular. 

Action

Taking of Pelham 123 (2013), The Rock, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Three Kings, The Rundown, Dredd (2012), Escape Plan, Lawless

History 

Defiance, The Patriot, There Will Be Blood, The Last King of Scotland, Enemy At The Gates, Bridge of Spies, Rush, Munich

Random suggestion: The Escapist

.... have selected DDL/ There Will be Blood .... for Fri. night

There_Will_Be_Blood_Poster.jpg

Creed 2. Thought it was going to be a money grab but was a fun watch.

Edited by TUF

1 hour ago, Bezerker101 said:

slightly predictable ?

I mean the alternative was Drogo Jr killing a Creed again soooo...?

Escape Room - 7/10

Combines the concept behind the Cube and Saw movies, but without much gore. Watchable if not ground breaking. Could have done without the last 5 mins or so completely exposing the organisation behind the "games" and their processes.

Wonder if it's just Endgame hangover but seems like we're getting ever closer to a Disney overlord monopoly when any non-Disney movie is bombing lately. $33 million for Dark Phoenix last weekend and $28 million for Men In Black this weekend. 

Finished watching Soprano's. Didn't like the final season that much nor the ending but GOAT show none the less. Minus the crime & murder me & Tony have some things in common. 

Was gonna get around to watching Boardwalk Empire but i'm a little mafia'ed out so i'm probably gonna start watching Chernobyl.

MIB - went into this reluctantly, .. it was actually ok .. they could never sell it w/o the big names,

Emma Thompson & Ariana Grande make appearances - better than Aladdin w/ Will Smith by 10 miles ................... 7ish

MIB-International-poster-2.png?ssl=1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bezerker101 said:

MIB - went into this reluctantly, .. it was actually ok .. they could never sell it w/o the big names,

Emma Thompson & Ariana Grande make appearances - better than Aladdin w/ Will Smith by 10 miles ................... 7ish

MIB-International-poster-2.png?ssl=1

If they were planning on a rebooted franchise, it looks like it's DOA. Did worse than Dark Phoenix opening weekend. 

23 minutes ago, TUF said:

If they were planning on a rebooted franchise, it looks like it's DOA. Did worse than Dark Phoenix opening weekend. 

Hemsworth was not made to play a 21yr old looking clean-cut skinny dude wearing a suit ..... Teresa Thompson is bosomless,

not a gray hair on 68yr old Neesom's head - Hollywood meh -

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Like 1