Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

1 minute ago, TUF said:

Wish there was more genuine holes to read like this instead of just rustled ramblings from other Stans but even then, I thought most of this was pretty explainable. Tyrion turned on Dany and Cersei making him a friend of their enemies and he was right in there eyes about Bran. And the alternative was letting Jon die so. 

Bronn's heel turn was the only trigger for me. 

I've already said though that I think I'm too into the books to be objective about the show lol..

One thing that did genuinely bug me was that everyone was cool with the north being free, but the iron islands and Dorne were cool with not being independent. But then I genuinely can't remember if Dorne and the Iron Islands wanting independence is as prominent in the show as in the books as it's a huge part of it. Do you remember lol? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

I've already said though that I think I'm too into the books to be objective about the show lol..

One thing that did genuinely bug me was that everyone was cool with the north being free, but the iron islands and Dorne were cool with not being independent. But then I genuinely can't remember if Dorne and the Iron Islands wanting independence is as prominent in the show as in the books as it's a huge part of it. Do you remember lol? 

Never read the books tbh and maybe that's a source of most of the rustle. Not the biggest Harry Potter fan but was surprised to find out the one I enjoyed the most was the least favorite to most fans because it wasn't as faithful to the Goblet of Fire book. Conversely my least favorite is the consensus #1 to most HP Stans. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TUF said:

Never read the books tbh and maybe that's a source of most of the rustle. Not the biggest Harry Potter fan but was surprised to find out the one I enjoyed the most was the least favorite to most fans because it wasn't as faithful to the Goblet of Fire book. Conversely my least favorite is the consensus #1 to most HP Stans. 

The Harry potter books were dreadful lol. I also like Goblet of Fire the most. 

What's the number one for Stans? 

6 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

The Harry potter books were dreadful lol. I also like Goblet of Fire the most. 

What's the number one for Stans? 

*fart noise

Image result for prisoner of azkaban

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

good watch - 7.2ish

518hww-QjyL.jpg

GOAT tier 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

It definitely wasn't as prominent in the show but it was still part of it. I agree that other people just saying ok let's follow Bran while his own sister says no was dumb. 

I think the creators got into too big of a hurry to end the show with a reasonably good ending for the characters and made mistakes. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

It definitely wasn't as prominent in the show but it was still part of it. I agree that other people just saying ok let's follow Bran while his own sister says no was dumb. 

I think the creators got into too big of a hurry to end the show with a reasonably good ending for the characters and made mistakes. 

Also we aren't even sure everyone there knew who Bran was or what his powers were lol. So quite a few of them were electing a cripple as king because a dwarf they hate told them too lol. 

• Like 1

Forgot to say highly recommend Toy Story 4. 

After the way the last one finished thought this would be when you noticed a dip in quality but I was definitely wrong, bags of fun for the kids or if you grew up with the originals.

9 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

After the way the last one finished thought this would be when you noticed a dip in quality but I was definitely wrong, bags of fun for the kids or if you grew up with the originals.

-for the kids right ? ..coz I'm a Jason Statham guy & I don't do Toy Story -

2 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

-for the kids right ? ..coz I'm a Jason Statham guy & I don't do Toy Story -

The original was one my favorite childhood movies so I've always liked the franchise. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Image result for toy story head shake gif

On 6/24/2019 at 8:01 PM, TUF said:

Bronn's heel turn was the only trigger for me. 

34de3m.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, crangs said:

34de3m.jpg

True. He essentially foreshadowed his own arc

Image result for bronn there's no cure gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TUF said:

True. He essentially foreshadowed his own arc

Image result for bronn there's no cure gif

lol. even Jordan didn't get called out of retirement this much, m8.  He was just making sure he got paid 😂

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

lol when Bella from Twilight races in a horse race and jumps off to throw a tracking device at a moving vehicle and it's not even the stupidest thing in the trailer.

Imagine if Patrick Stewart died tomorrow and this became his "swan song"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TUF said:

lol when Bella from Twilight races in a horse race and jumps off to throw a tracking device at a moving vehicle and it's not even the stupidest thing in the trailer.

... that Brit is hott -

220px-Ella_Balinska.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bezerker101 said:

... that Brit is hott -

220px-Ella_Balinska.jpg

Jasmine moved the needle a bit 

5 minutes ago, TUF said:

Before I even played the trailer I said to myself "They're definitely gonna woke up Bosley" 😂

5 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

the one in green is the Aladdin princess

She seemed a decent actress in that doubt this will be a movie that shows off much range though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

... that Brit is hott -

220px-Ella_Balinska.jpg

Slightly off topic but do any of you have a really bad movie that you enjoy simply do to having someone nice to look at lol? 

Im ashamed to admit I have watched Gods of Egypt more than once simply because I enjoyed staring at Courtney Eaton 

Related image

Image result for mask heart gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

She seemed a decent actress in that doubt this will be a movie that shows off much range though.

seems like a nice girl,  the kind you wanna bring home to mother ...

... but then again, I'd be dealing w/ that "even a blind squirrel  finds an acorn" routine - I hate that .

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Slightly off topic but do any of you have a really bad movie that you enjoy simply do to having someone nice to look at lol? 

Im ashamed to admit I have watched Gods of Egypt more than once simply because I enjoyed staring at Courtney Eaton 

Related image

Image result for mask heart gif

Was gonna say Varsity Blues because of prime Ali Larter but then I slapped my dam self cos that film is a fookin gold mine, lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Image result for keanu reeves movie

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Related image

nobody used the pause feature more than your's truly - when I was much younger, .. if Lynda Carter, Cheryl Ladd, or Adrienne Barbeau

were in a movie, .. I'd watch it .

2 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Image result for clean tongue gif

lol.....Hollywood is really reeeaaaaally out of original ideas....

Suprised/dissapointed Patrick Stewart sold out here....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

.. that's Alan Ladd's baby girl -

"Please be 18" - Richard Bobby 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TUF said:

"Please be 18" - Richard Bobby 

that's the blonde from the original "Charlie's Angels" TV series - she's 67, so your safe -

9999f98f72c22091fd20439d84f676d6--season

just finished, ..I'm deaf from all the screaming -

* the real Lorraine Warren died 2019,  this movie is dedicated to her