Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

Just now, Bubba_Sparks said:

More interested in Kindergarten Cop 2 tbh.  There were no loose ends in Last Action Hero.

i've got some bad news for you

• Haha 1

Lol.  You can't have a sequel without Arnie.

Just looked and it got the princely score of 4.4 on IMDB.

Guess I'll have to focus my efforts on Twins II, aka Triplets.  When is that coming out?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TUF said:

The newest Star Wars, Terminator, and Predator movies all managed to not only ruin these sequels but miraculously somehow managed to ruin previous successful entries into the series in the process. T1 and T2 are fecking pointless now. 

yeah this is HILARIOUS because James Cameron specifically said that we should all "pretend all the terminator movies after T2 never existed" and he does this movie that does waaaaaaay more damage to the originals.

24 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol.  You can't have a sequel without Arnie.

Just looked and it got the princely score of 4.4 on IMDB.

Guess I'll have to focus my efforts on Twins II, aka Triplets.  When is that coming out?

Arnie's comedic timing gets overshadowed by his action movies. Watching him in recent interviews and his charm is GOAT tier. If we only get 5-10 more years of action/comedy Arnie give me

Twins 2

Last Action Hero 2

Predator 4 with an Arnie, Glover, Adrien Brody crossover

Rundown 2 

On 11/5/2019 at 9:03 AM, TUF said:

The newest Star Wars, Terminator, and Predator movies all managed to not only ruin these sequels but miraculously somehow managed to ruin previous successful entries into the series in the process. T1 and T2 are fecking pointless now. 

it's truly end of days

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

Available now -

midway_international-poster_1920x1080_02

Why did I think John Cena was in this and literally every actor BUT John Cena is in this

On 11/10/2019 at 9:06 PM, Bezerker101 said:

Available now -

midway_international-poster_1920x1080_02

How would you rate it? Im in to see it tonight

20 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

Thursday - Friday

ford-v-ferrari-poster-social.jpg

Will be doing this one next week. Could have literally been a movie about the 1966 backgammon championships and I probably still would have been sold with Bale & Damon names alone.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

How would you rate it? Im in to see it tonight

Will be doing this one next week. Could have literally been a movie about the 1966 backgammon championships and I probably still would have been sold with Bale & Damon names alone.

I haven't seen either .... been doing docs for 2 weeks now -

* I believe Midway is a re-make of an excellent classic ?

image.png.b8b8ffe938e4c8f8552bab655782bcd9.png

My favorite conspiracy now is that they didn't spend millions of dollars to redo Sonic after the outrage and that this ^ was always the design and they just put out a fake Sonic trailer at the start to get free publicity and then more free publicity and good will from "fixing it". 

20 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

I haven't seen either .... been doing docs for 2 weeks now -

* I believe Midway is a re-make of an excellent classic ?

image.png.b8b8ffe938e4c8f8552bab655782bcd9.png

Went in to see it last night, the film itself felt like your pretty average war movie but the thing that kept me intrigued was more learning about the history to the build up and the battle of Midway as I've never really learned much about Asia-Pacific front of WW2. 

Its a really big cast so not many get a chance to shine Ed Skrien is the main character but his American accent sort of came and went throughout the film and at times seemed to change accent I thought. Patrick Wilson stood out. 

Decent popcorn movie if nothing else.

• Like 1

Finally got round to seeing Joker.  Very good film, props to old Joaquin for a top notch performance.  I score it 8.3 out of 8.8; lost half a mark for not inserting the "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight" quote in somehow.

What I don't really understand (and I'm sure one of you nerds who talks about character arcs can help me with this) is where this fits?  Is it a prequel? an origin story? Will we see Joaquin hob-nobbing with wonder woman and Aquaman at some point in the future??? They would seem like uneasy screen-fellows.

Whilst I'm here, the only other downside is that Swedes are really weird at cinemas.  They talk a surprising amount, and clap from time to time.  It's as if they've seen a film about people watching films and are trying to fit in. Plus I'm pretty sure the guy next to me had Tourettes.  Kept going "PUH" when things got violent.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

In recent months, things seem to have fallen into place for "Rounders 2" to finally be made.

According to reports, the Weinstein Company has entered an alliance with Colony Capital and Quatar Holding to continue to develop some of the intellectual holdings in the Miramax library.

This includes, according to reports, a "Rounders 2" sequel.

According to reports, Matt Damon and Edward Norton would both be reprising their roles in the movie. In addition, Robert DeNiro is reportedly being eyed for the role of the "supervillian", which was played by John Malkovich ("Teddy KGB") in the first movie. These reports state that the movie would take place in Paris and Las Vegas.

• Like 2

I don't know what to think about this. The first movie is amazing and I like the ending. I don't think we need closure. On the other hand I could see some interesting stories with an aging Worm. 

8 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

In recent months, things seem to have fallen into place for "Rounders 2" to finally be made.

According to reports, the Weinstein Company has entered an alliance with Colony Capital and Quatar Holding to continue to develop some of the intellectual holdings in the Miramax library.

This includes, according to reports, a "Rounders 2" sequel.

According to reports, Matt Damon and Edward Norton would both be reprising their roles in the movie. In addition, Robert DeNiro is reportedly being eyed for the role of the "supervillian", which was played by John Malkovich ("Teddy KGB") in the first movie. These reports state that the movie would take place in Paris and Las Vegas.

7 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I don't know what to think about this. The first movie is amazing and I like the ending. I don't think we need closure. On the other hand I could see some interesting stories with an aging Worm. 

Was one of the movies I never wanted to see a sequel for when I played cards professionally in the early 2000s. Just thought it was a perfect standalone and if anything they should have done it at the height of poker 10 years ago and maybe the height of their ^ careers but can't see it being a bad movie with that cast either. Fook it, should just be glad they're not all being replaced by wimmins. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Heard Elizabeth Banks blaming American culture and men refusing to watch women as action heroes, the movie bombed (9 mil opening),

.... I personally think a lot of women also had a reluctance to watch Charlie's Angels -

* Banks produced and directed the bomb,

reminds me of wmma, men are not going to this movie for the acting -

12 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

Heard Elizabeth Banks blaming American culture and men refusing to watch women as action heroes, the movie bombed (9 mil opening),

.... I personally think a lot of women also had a reluctance to watch Charlie's Angels -

Was just reading that. Makes me even happier it bombed. Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman did better than most of the male movies in their series. There are a lot of successful female lead action movies, they're just good movies who aren't pushing woke culture. I must have saw 3 headlines talking about Kristen Stewart and her SJW character/life comparisons. Not sure when Hollywood will ever stop trying to make her a star but hopefully this plays a part. 

• Like 2

[IMG]

12 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

Image result for ford v ferrari cast

If you have any interest in motor sport you'll likely love this, Damon is great as always but Bale steals the show. 

Shoutout to Josh Lucas he plays a great smimey little prick in this so well their were several times during the movie I wanted to hit him lol sign of a good bad guy.

9/10

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TUF said:

Was one of the movies I never wanted to see a sequel for when I played cards professionally in the early 2000s. Just thought it was a perfect standalone and if anything they should have done it at the height of poker 10 years ago and maybe the height of their ^ careers but can't see it being a bad movie with that cast either. Fook it, should just be glad they're not all being replaced by wimmins. 

that last line, lol

• Like 1

RoboCop Returns Finds New Director

After years of sharing his excitement over the project, director Neill Blomkamp revealed earlier this year that he was parting ways with RoboCop Returns, yet the project has found a new director in Little Monsters filmmaker Abe Forsythe, as confirmed by The Hollywood Reporter. The new film is set to be a direct sequel to the original 1987 RoboCop, ignoring the events of the film's two sequels. While the character has become a seminal figure in the realm of '80s action films, the big-screen adventures of the character have failed to live up to the success of the original, which also includes in 2014 reboot of the concept.

Image result for praying gif

Please be better than the 2014 abomination. 

• Like 2

* Just watched "Last Action Hero" for the 1st time - nobody told me Taylor Negron and Bobbie Brown was in this ?

and the Ball n' Chain wanted to re-watch "Angel has Fallen" in 4K, ... other than those two, it's all documemtaries lately -

On 11/23/2019 at 11:28 AM, Bezerker101 said:

* Just watched "Last Action Hero" for the 1st time - nobody told me Taylor Negron and Bobbie Brown was in this ?

You owe the fora a more in depth review for a reveal like this mate

1 hour ago, TUF said:

You owe the fora a more in depth review for a reveal like this mate  . ..........  6B9EAE11413BA81D19EB54BEB0006A2D3995FA8A

Bobbie-Brown-sexy.jpg  giphy.gif

LAH was nostalgic - Anthony Quinn( Legend) - Art Carney - The Duff -  Jim Belushi .... good times !

4 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

Bobbie-Brown-sexy.jpg  giphy.gif

LAH was nostalgic - Anthony Quinn( Legend) - Art Carney - The Duff -  Jim Belushi .... good times !

idk if were having the same conversation but neat!

11 minutes ago, TUF said:

idk if were having the same conversation but neat!

That's Bobbie Brown & Taylor Negron, ^ virtually every actor in LAH - (no matter how small the part) - Is a Hollywood has-been w/ very few exceptions >

F. Murray Abraham, Robert Patrick, Colleen Camp, Mercedes Ruehl, Angie Everhart, John Finnegan, Mike Gazzo, Timothy Dalton, Noah Emmerich, Michael Chieffo, etc -etc - etc .

* the movie was meant to be a spoof

On 11/17/2019 at 9:33 PM, Bubba_Sparks said:

Finally got round to seeing Joker.  Very good film, props to old Joaquin for a top notch performance.  I score it 8.3 out of 8.8; lost half a mark for not inserting the "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight" quote in somehow.

What I don't really understand (and I'm sure one of you nerds who talks about character arcs can help me with this) is where this fits?  Is it a prequel? an origin story? Will we see Joaquin hob-nobbing with wonder woman and Aquaman at some point in the future??? They would seem like uneasy screen-fellows.

Whilst I'm here, the only other downside is that Swedes are really weird at cinemas.  They talk a surprising amount, and clap from time to time.  It's as if they've seen a film about people watching films and are trying to fit in. Plus I'm pretty sure the guy next to me had Tourettes.  Kept going "PUH" when things got violent.

Those jävla swedes...

9 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Man I struggle to think of a better year for movies 

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Jurassic Park might have somehow still been in theaters in '94 but it came out in the summer of '93. 

'99 FTW

Edited by TUF
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

3 and a half hours though......

I was inevitably interrupted a million times.

certainly not a movie for everybody but a lot better than once upon a time in Hollywood, in my opinion