Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

14 hours ago, TUF said:

Jurassic Park might have somehow still been in theaters in '94 but it came out in the summer of '93. 

'99 FTW

yeah, 99 is the gold standard

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Gonna need some data to back this claim up. What were the film highlights?

off the top of my head we have-

matrix

fight club

America pie

south park

green mile

American beauty 

Just watched Over The Top in a food truck, aka Chef.  Faverau using his MCU hook ups to his advantage.  Not terrible, made me hungry watching it though 😂

• Like 1

Debating seeing Knives Out this week but it's not in line with my anti Rian Johnson stance. I can atleast take solace in the irony that the new Star Wars movie comes out a couple weeks later and will counter his movies box office gains.

• Like 1

Tried watching the Irishman last night and dozed off halfway in. Was missing something for me. After the novelty of seeing Pesci and Deniro on screen together again, I couldn't help but think if you're going to make a movie that doesn't follow history, could atleast take some liberties to make it more entertaining. It just played out like a greatest hits album of Scorsese's work for him to work in his safe space. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 2:31 PM, TUF said:

Debating seeing Knives Out this week but it's not in line with my anti Rian Johnson stance. I can atleast take solace in the irony that the new Star Wars movie comes out a couple weeks later and will counter his movies box office gains.

I will watch whatever new film he has as long as they keep him the **** away from season 2 of The Mandalorian lol. 

32 minutes ago, TUF said:

Tried watching the Irishman last night and dozed off halfway in. Was missing something for me. After the novelty of seeing Pesci and Deniro on screen together again, I couldn't help but think if you're going to make a movie that doesn't follow history, could atleast take some liberties to make it more entertaining. It just played out like a greatest hits album of Scorsese's work for him to work in his safe space. 

Have heard this from a few folk, haven't tried it myself yet but I did think it was a slightly hilarious observation on how much are attention spans have decreased when multiple sites were sharing some version of this.

How To Watch The Irishman As A Miniseries

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/tv-and-film-how-to-watch-the-irishman-as-a-miniseries-20191129

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

I will watch whatever new film he has as long as they keep him the **** away from season 2 of The Mandalorian lol. 

Have heard this from a few folk, haven't tried it myself yet but I did think it was a slightly hilarious observation on how much are attention spans have decreased when multiple sites were sharing some version of this.

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/tv-and-film-how-to-watch-the-irishman-as-a-miniseries-20191129

I came to this ^ sad realization about an hour in. I may even space out my viewings a week at a time until 2Irish2Man comes out so I don't miss it too much until the next one comes out. 

At 3 and a half hours, it's nearly as long as season 1 of Mandalorian FFS

14 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

I'm not good with movies over 1:30 and knowing the outcome in advance, it was respect for DeNiro, Pesci, Keitel, and Pacino (I don't like any of them as people,

but they are today's old-school and I enjoy seeing them work) . I knew going in it was not a shootem'-up, it's not accurate, and it's produced by DeNiro, .... so I was

totally prepared to watch a biased biographical Hollywood smucko production . Being an Italian from Long Island does help get through 3.5 hrs also .

I considered watching it in 3 parts, but I'm not good at that type of commitment . 

The priest at the end is Fr. Jonathan Morris - a FOX news pundit

*  I probably wouldn't have watched it if I knew going in that it was an accurate account, I was curious how Scorsese & DeNiro were gonna spin it lol

2 hours ago, TUF said:

Looks awesome, oddly I literally just came across this as well. How different things could have been

Ello governor, the names Bond, James Bond😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Looks awesome, oddly I literally just came across this as well. How different things could have been

I like that it's giving him a proper send off and fixing the shortcomings of Spectre a bit in the process. Christoph Waltz deserved better. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TUF said:

I like that it's giving him a proper send off and fixing the shortcomings of Spectre a bit in the process. Christoph Waltz deserved better. 

Yeah only thing was a bit iffy on was the new 00 chick, nobody speaks that way to Bond. Connery would have slapped the chit out of that bit*h. 

48 minutes ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

Anyone else think Once Apon Leotardo Overacting in Hollywood was trash?  I was so pumped to see it too.  Never trusting QT again 

Movie never happened. He stopped making movies after Django. Hateful 8 never happened either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went and seen this last night

Image result for 21 bridges

Was actually a lot of fun and a decent movie up until the ending where I thought it went a little too unbelievable. 

5 hours ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

Good!  When I thought I watched H8full I thought it was a piece of chit too

Hateful 8 was honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen lmao. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

Ruffallo sounds WAY too dumb to play a lawyer.  Terrible actor imo

+1...-Fookin' idiot liberal hangs out with Shia Labeouf,

27unk8x8wjw21.jpg

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Can't be worse than the 2016 abomination. 

Was just about to post ^

Also, you underestimate Sony's ability to make worse movies.

Remove Paul Rudd and that looks like cabbage tbh honest. I actually think 2016s Ghostbusters gets too much hate cause of lol wimmins. 

2 hours ago, DoomPatrol said:

..and how was it?

22 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

Stephen King must be involved with some serious hallucinogenic pharmaceuticals to come up with "In The Tall Grass",

-bizarre Patrick Wilson movie !

very strange movie about a big rock and tall evil grass, weird, ... Doctor Sleep was better - if you like King,  you'll like this - for me > 6

9 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Can't be worse than the 2016 abomination. 

I'm going to pretend that this didn't happen, the same as I did the 2016 version. 

They really need to come up with some original ideas instead of rebooting old classics and ruining them. 

• Like 1

Image result for knives out

Went and seen this last night was actually pretty good, haven't seen a mystery film in a while was a lot better than expected. Only downside was Craig's southern accent to begin with which at times felt really shaky. 

On 12/14/2019 at 1:49 AM, Bezerker101 said:

image.png.661b9bca9857c34ccc3b140ab83c12c3.png

6 Underground might be the most Michael Bayest movie that ever Michael Bayed

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

is it worth a look ?

I honestly dont know what i just watched. It was Deadpool getting Michael Bayed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jolldan said:

If they ever decide to make a movie about the life of Christopher Plummer they better cast Michael Fassbender lol 

Image result for christopher plummer

The Legend - just turned 90 yrs old

On 12/15/2019 at 7:26 PM, TUF said:

6 Underground might be the most Michael Bayest movie that ever Michael Bayed

I really enjoyed it lol, yes it was nothing more than a action/popcorn movie and a fun way to kill 2 hours but I was surprised how enjoyable it was.

Decent soundtrack as well, if you are looking for new gym music you'll find some jams here.

Only thing that was actually really annoying to me was the opening mission mainly because I have very recently returned from visiting Florence and the editing in that scene was awful lol.

I mean he drives in to the Uffizi gallery and comes out at Pitti Palace (which one is on the other side of the river). He also seems to go from driving inside the Uffizi to that gag about Michelangelo's David having a small **** which they cut to but problem is that statue is actually in Galleria dell'Accademia about 10-15 minutes from the Uffizi this is probably just a silly nit pick but as I got a little bit of sense for the city it totally took me out of the movie because my brain was just like "wait this doesn't make any sense"

Edited by Jolldan

7 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

I really enjoyed it lol, yes it was nothing more than a action/popcorn movie and a fun way to kill 2 hours but I was surprised how enjoyable it was.

Decent soundtrack as well, if you are looking for new gym music you'll find some jams here.

Only thing that was actually really annoying to me was the opening mission mainly because I have very recently returned from visiting Florence and the editing in that scene was awful lol.

I mean he drives in to the Uffizi gallery and comes out at Pitti Palace (which one is on the other side of the river). He also seems to go from driving inside the Uffizi to that gag about Michelangelo's David having a small **** which they cut to but problem is that statue is actually in Galleria dell'Accademia about 10-15 minutes from the Uffizi this is probably just a silly nit pick but as I got a little bit of sense for the city it totally took me out of the movie because my brain was just like "wait this doesn't make any sense"

I must be getting older cause it just triggered me how much time, coordinating, and danger people were putting into such an absolute s**t show of a movie. I couldn't help but feel bad for all the people that put so much work into coordinating these things and it being completely lost because of how bad the writing was. I wish Bay picked better projects because he obviously puts in a ton of work on cinematography and has a token lighting style like JJ Abrams does lens flares. But it's all in vein cause of how bad it is.  

• Like 2