Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

On 1/9/2020 at 6:56 PM, TUF said:

Now the top 5 movies I've probably rewatched the most. For reasons unknown. 

Image result for collateral

Image result for 5th element

Collateral was one of those movies I felt was always under rated. 

Must have watched fifth element at least 20 times, hell they were predicting the future 😂

Image result for meat popsicle fifth element gif

26 minutes ago, TUF said:

He comes off a little abrasive on his podcast. Reminds of the dynamic Schuab and Callen have on their podcast. He has to dictate everything or be a contrarian for the sake of it. Love his movies but it doesn't surprise me to hear he's butted heads with a lot of celebrities. 

I think its just cause he is usually one of the nicest guys in Hollywood and Smith tends to like everything so Marc provides more of a critical look at whatever they are reviewing.

40 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Collateral was one of those movies I felt was always under rated. 

Must have watched fifth element at least 20 times, hell they were predicting the future 😂

Image result for meat popsicle fifth element gif

I think its just cause he is usually one of the nicest guys in Hollywood and Smith tends to like everything so Marc provides more of a critical look at whatever they are reviewing.

No Marc is great. 

Kevin = Schuab

Marc = Callen 

• Haha 1

Just now, TUF said:

No Marc is great. 

Kevin = Schuab

Marc = Callen 

Image result for shocked gif

Bro that's a serious piece of slander to throw Kevin's way I mean just look at their first projects each, go compare Clerks to You'd Be Surprised and I will sit here and await your inevitable apology.

I like them both, I actually stopped listening to Kevin's solo movie review's that he occasionally puts up on his own channel because one it ended up being him recapping the entire movie and two he almost never criticizes anything about a movie. I like when he does it with Marc because they both at least have someone to bounce off of. 

On 1/9/2020 at 10:51 AM, TUF said:

Bit of movie hangover after probably the biggest year for movies with Endgame, Star Wars, and some others but watched a couple trailers recently that changed my top 5 I guess.

Was no hype for A Quiet Place 2 after they killed Jim Halpert in the 1st but the trailer convinced me. Ghostbusters was in my top 5 till just watching the trailer. 

Suppose

No Time to Die

A Quiet Place 2

Black Widow

Wonder Woman 1984

Maybe Dune?

List might need updated 😫👈

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Finally finished watching Dunkirk after 2 years. What a boring piece of baloney

It was ok but after all the hype I remember me and Mrs TUF both had the same reaction when it was over

Image result for shrug and leave gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MauroPedrosa said:

I wasn't a fan either. I'm worried about 1917 because it's getting the same amount of hype. 

• Like 1

Was just reading Tarantino's top 10 films of the decade and he had Dunkirk at #2 and that confirms my recent thoughts on QT as a filmmaker as well

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

I wasn't a fan either. I'm worried about 1917 because it's getting the same amount of hype. 

Watched it yesterday on stram. It was awesome even in lower quality. Cant wait to rewatch once an hd one comes out.

The back and forth play between the 2 main guys was really good. Some surprises I didn't see coming and some tear jerker moments. It's a very different type of war movie. Not a lot of shootout/warfare type of scenes like Saving P Ryan, but still so intense. They did a great job creating atmosphere with the music.

Edited by OmoGOAT
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, TUF said:

Was just reading Tarantino's top 10 films of the decade and he had Dunkirk at #2 and that confirms my recent thoughts on QT as a filmmaker as well

Dunkirk is one of the most boring movies ever. Has absolutely nothing on 1917

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, OmoGOAT said:

Dunkirk is one of the most boring movies ever. Has absolutely nothing on 1917

That's why Oscars and Hollywood basically have 0 credibility

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2019 at 9:37 PM, gadgets19 said:

I like the director's prior films, so can't wait to see this one.

Really good film.  No even close to what I thought it was going to be about.

I was expected something like The Host or Snowpiercer (the directors other films).

Took my brain awhile to forget about those and just focus on this movie.

1 hour ago, gadgets19 said:

Terminator: Dark Fate

I have a soft spot for Terminator movies, I don't hate any of them.

This movie pushed the boundaries on that declaration.

I can't bring myself to watch it. In my mind the series ended with Terminator Salvation.

• Like 1

One of my friends sent me this after the Cowboy/Conor fight and reminded me P5P Demon Knight was

40 minutes ago, TUF said:

1917 > Dunkirk

Elaborate. I mean thats not saying much... and I'd like to hear someone else's take on the movie as I absolutely loved it.

4 minutes ago, OmoGOAT said:

Elaborate. I mean thats not saying much... and I'd like to hear someone else's take on the movie as I absolutely loved it.

I didnt hate Dunkirk like some but thought 1917 was much more deserving of all the hype Dunkirk got. Was trying to think back and even remember any cuts and seems like the whole movie was one big tracking shot. After recently watching Michael Bays 10 cuts a second style, it was a nice change.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TUF said:

I didnt hate Dunkirk like some but thought 1917 was much more deserving of all the hype Dunkirk got. Was trying to think back and even remember any cuts and seems like the whole movie was one big tracking shot. After recently watching Michael Bays 10 cuts a second style, it was a nice change.

Yeah I LOVE the way they shot 1917. It takes the movie to such a higher level.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 3:39 PM, MauroPedrosa said:

Recommend 1917 it was the better war film for me. Dunkirk was cool but it did feel a slog to get through at times. 

On 1/20/2020 at 10:28 PM, OmoGOAT said:

I think the way each tells their story is the difference. Dunkirk for me tried to basically have you caring about too many characters so you never got that much time to really connect with any while 1917's story was just focused on two blokes you can get a lot more out of them.

On 1/15/2020 at 6:59 AM, Bezerker101 said:

image.png.39cce41a497598d0b0a7b48c0eeb788f.png

I cannot recommend Bad Boys For Life enough to everyone. When ever a franchise gets revived after so long I always go in ready for it to be terrible, hard to say for sure after just one watch but I would say its as close as can be or on par with the first two. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gadgets19 said:

Jojo Rabbit

What a strange movie.  I liked it but you need to be able to just sit and go with a movie.

Part parody, part comedy, part drama.

Seen an interview with Taika where he said he wanted a big Hollywood name To play Hitler. He only ended up doing it himself because everyone he asked was like “I ain’t touching that chit with a ten foot poll” 😂

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

Uncut Gems is my personal movie of the year 

*laughs in Lance Corporal Schofield*

Finished watching The Kid last night. Would give it 8 out of 10 Fake Chris Pratt beards

21 hours ago, TUF said:

*laughs in Lance Corporal Schofield*

1917 was cool but once you look past the one take aspect the story falls flat for me

14 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Did anyone else watch this gem as a kid lol?

https://movieweb.com/beast-wars-movie-writer-james-vanderbilt-transformers/

Beast Wars Is Reportedly One of the Two Transformers Spinoffs in the Works

Image result for beast wars

No ****ing way TAKE MY MONEY NOW

That was one of my favorite shows as a kid. The animation was really good for its time. So many good bots too. The guerrilla kicked azz. Had a few of the toys. Hype level 9000 please dont ruin it with a Shia Laboef type lead.

• Like 1

@cashfl0w they just dropped the trailer for the spin off to Big Lebowski, The Jesus Rolls but honestly I don't even want to share it as I reckon it will depress you all, quality of the trailer looks like something a high school film student would put together.

2 hours ago, Jolldan said:

@cashfl0w they just dropped the trailer for the spin off to Big Lebowski, The Jesus Rolls but honestly I don't even want to share it as I reckon it will depress you all, quality of the trailer looks like something a high school film student would put together.

I'm just here for the Big Lebowski Cinematic Universe 

watched That Good Night late week with Mrs Crangs, John Hurt's last film I believe.  Him being a dying old man playing a dying old man was sad. Him playing an Ahole was good though 

Trailer starts out. 

Alright, they're taking it back to a more grounded movie..... Vin Diesel, Tarzan swings his car to catch up with a stealth fighter that just caught a car mid air. Alright, I'm out. 

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I have no idea how those movies make money. They have been really bad for years. 

Ive enjoyed them for reasons unknown but this might be the first hard pass. 

image.jpeg.26f18a51fa7254032c17ab66839605b8.jpeg

Under no circumstances should you bother watching this.

Who knew a movie about sex robots could be so boring and have the absolute minimum of sex robot sex.

Didn't finish.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 10:05 PM, TUF said:

Trailer starts out. 

Alright, they're taking it back to a more grounded movie..... Vin Diesel, Tarzan swings his car to catch up with a stealth fighter that just caught a car mid air. Alright, I'm out. 

Honestly thing we are only one or two more of these away from seeing them race aliens in space🤣

3 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

image.png.bb01917b450ab041f78c2b6eefe0586d.png

I choose to believe the Super Bowl ad is canon and Ned Ryerson is still the premiere insurance salesman of Punxsutawney 

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching Roma on Netflix last night.

I had a pang of emotion throughout the final third (as much as I could since the events were pretty much foreshadowed on the side of a freight train), but tbh I was more connected/intrigued by the over the top cinematography and wide tracking shots than anything going on in the thread bare plot. There wasn't enough substance for me to become immersed as what the critics and cheerleaders of the film have reported.

Technical rating of 8/10. Enjoyment rating of about 5/10.

• Like 1