Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

I thought it was still a good movie overall.  It had one nice twist, but the ending was a little dissatisfying.  

you're right. it is. does a lot of things down right great. but that ending leaves way too much of a bitter taste in my mouth it ruins everything it did well. 

• Like 1

you're right. it is. does a lot of things down right great. but that ending leaves way too much of a bitter taste in my mouth it ruins everything it did well. 

It's a movie that I'm happy I watched, but I don't think I'd watch it again.

• Like 2

Just watched the Equalizer. 7/10 Could have been far better than it was. If Denzel's character was a bit less ****y.

They had some interesting things to work with like that severe case of OCD. I feel they should have stuck with an idiot savant like rainman. A slightly authistic guy suffering from OCD. So instead of being good with numbers the guy is freakishly precise and effective in combat.

That way his character would have been more interesting and less Steven Seagal.

Edited by NetshadeX
  • Like 2

Indiana Jones and the last crusade 10/10

Pretty much a perfect movie

Love that film!!

Watched it about a month ago 'cos we'd just got back from Petra (amazing place)

• Like 3

Just watched the Equalizer. 7/10 Could have been far better than it was. If Denzel's character was a bit less ****y.

They had some interesting things to work with like that severe case of OCD. I feel they should have stuck with an idiot savant like rainman. A slightly authistic guy suffering from OCD. So instead of being good with numbers the guy is freakishly precise and effective in combat.

Chloe Mortez in hooker gear was worth the price of admission.

• Like 3

couldnt disagree more..I think he was on the money

Great movie overall, I think the only thing I found mildly concerning was how they sorta punked out Teddy, his adversary. 

Denzels character really had well-veiled sense of command, all the while his handling of situations was very telling of his intellect and prowess. He wins the fight before He even strikes.

• Like 1

Saw the Hobbit: Battle of the 5 armies.

It's probably 8/10, very good movie.  Could have been shorter and didn't like some of the acting in some parts.

• Like 2

Cant bring myself to watch the hobbit movies; just look like too much of a lame attempt to extend the 'Rings

It somewhat was.

• Like 1

I've seen the 1st and 2nd Hobbits. Thought they were good but I think it comes down to the cast in the first set of movies just being much stronger.

Although I thought Smaug was really well done.

• Like 3

I use to use rottentomatoes.com as my gold standard for what to see/not to see and watched Anchorman 2 and Night at the Museum 3 this week and thought Anchorman 2 was complete dog **** and Night at the Museum 3 was p5p and Anchorman had nearly twice the score. F*** a rottentomatoes 

• Like 4

I use to use rottentomatoes.com as my gold standard for what to see/not to see and watched Anchorman 2 and Night at the Museum 3 this week and thought Anchorman 2 was complete dog **** and Night at the Museum 3 was p5p and Anchorman had nearly twice the score. F*** a rottentomatoes 

I get a lot of beef from my pals for saying this, but the first anchorman is one of the most overrated films of all time.

Haven't seen the second one though. 

• Like 3

Imdb.com is your friend....

• Like 1

I get a lot of beef from my pals for saying this, but the first anchorman is one of the most overrated films of all time.

Mate,you will never get out from my shadow posting nonsense like this.

Anchorman is p4p. I'm Ron burgundy?

• Like 4

amazing spiderman 2

6/10 not bad but def not amazing.

And im just putting it out there, saying you dont like anchorman puts a serious strain on our relationship.

• Like 5

amazing spiderman 2

And im just putting it out there, saying you dont like anchorman puts a serious strain on our relationship.

Tbh honest,i think you need to wield that banhammer of yours tc.

• Like 3

I thought amazing spiderman 2 was also around 6/10 - so basically, it was horse **** compared to the first amazing spiderman.

• Like 2

amazing spiderman 2

Anchorman 1 was GOAT so maybe my expectations were too high but #2 was #2 

• Like 4

We went and seen anchor man 2 in theaters, probably the worst decision I've ever made.

• Like 3

Anchor man 2 was a bit of a let down not a bad film just compared to the 1st dissapointing, the fight scene wasn't anywhere near as funny as the 1st one imo.

I watched Rob the Mob the other day with Andy Garcia and the guy out of Boardwalk Empire in, decent enough I guess the ending wasn't great tho needed a lot more brutality in it for me.

Overall i'd give it a 6 or 6.5

Edited by wanderleisilva101

Just watched that Denzel movie the Equilizer. 8/10 would bang.

My dad actually just watched this today and recommended it to me. I always think you can't go wrong with a Denzel Washington movie, can't think of a bad one I've seen off the top of my head and Training Day is P5P one of my favourite films.

• Like 1

My dad actually just watched this today and recommended it to me. I always think you can't go wrong with a Denzel Washington movie, can't think of a bad one I've seen off the top of my head and Training Day is P5P one of my favourite films.

Training Day and Remember the Titans are his only good movies. true story. maybe American Gangster too but i haven't seen that one. 

Probably one of the most overrated actors out there.

Training Day and Remember the Titans are his only good movies. true story. maybe American Gangster too but i haven't seen that one. 

Nah, but Remember the Titans was indeed an amazing movie.

• Like 4

amazing spiderman 2

5/10 for me and thats only for the Gwen and Parker storyling part (the only thing they did good in the film.) Without that its closer to a 2/10.

5/10 for me and thats only for the Gwen and Parker storyling part (the only thing they did good in the film.) Without that its closer to a 2/10.

and for the record id give the first amazing spiderman a 7/10. Really enjoyed it. Thought Garfield was miles better than Maguire. 

• Like 1

...while all you film buffs (plus NC) are in this thread, what is the definitive Christmas film?

For me, contenders would be "It's a wonderful life" (7/10), "Home Alone" (8/10), but the best of all is "THe Great Escape" (10/10)

• Like 1

...while all you film buffs (plus NC) are in this thread, what is the definitive Christmas film?

For me, contenders would be "It's a wonderful life" (7/10), "Home Alone" (8/10), but the best of all is "THe Great Escape" (10/10)

Easily Its A Wonderful Life. 

runner up is A Christmas Story. 

There's so many good ones though. The sad thing is i don't think we'll ever get these magnificent christmas films anymore. Seems like a thing of the past. 

Jingle all the Way, Gremlins and The Great Escape.

• Like 2

greatest xmas movies of all time

scrooged

bad santa

reindeer games

and the ultimate xmas movie...

die hard

You forgot Debbie Does Christmas

• Like 6

American Gangster was good but I also enjoyed the bone collector, Safe House, the Hurricane, Man on Fire, He got Game, The book of Eli and 2 Guns so I guess we have different tastes when it comes to his films, they aren't on Training Days level but not what I'd call bad movies.

American Gangster was good but I also enjoyed the bone collector, Safe House, the Hurricane, Man on Fire, He got Game, The book of Eli and 2 Guns so I guess we have different tastes when it comes to his films, they aren't on Training Days level but not what I'd call bad movies.

im not saying those are bad movies but i feel they're not worth mentioning if we're bringing up good films. They're all very run of the mill dime a dozen type films to me.  Thats why i feel he's overrated. 

greatest xmas movies of all time

scrooged

bad santa

reindeer games

and the ultimate xmas movie...

die hard

Home alone 1 and 2

Die Hard 1 and 2

• Like 1

it pains me to say but die hard 2 is a bit meh...

I can dig that but nothing says festive greetings like a bunch of terrorists getting shot to **** lol :lol:

• Like 1