Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

Home alone. 9/10

My question is when did the phone lines switch back on? It was pretty much life or death for Kevin when he picked the phone up to call the cops when they were right behind him..

Just watched the Equalizer. 7/10 Could have been far better than it was. If Denzel's character was a bit less ****y.

They had some interesting things to work with like that severe case of OCD. I feel they should have stuck with an idiot savant like rainman. A slightly authistic guy suffering from OCD. So instead of being good with numbers the guy is freakishly precise and effective in combat.

That way his character would have been more interesting and less Steven Seagal.

Agreed.. my gripe was that it was basically a 2.30 hour advertisement for bulk hardware stores

Scrooged with Bill Murray.

Bill Murray is funny especially as the Boss From Hell.

The movie falls apart at the end when he goes on national television and gives a meaningless and ridiculous rant about the meaning of Christmas which, predictably, includes eberything except Jebus. 

Bill is good doe

• Like 2

22718-edge-1402914531-892-640x480.jpg

3/5

Solid ****ing scifi movie. 

I had no interest in seeing this when i saw the trailer (seemed like another action cash cow) but it really is so much more than that. 

One of the better scifi/action movies ive seen in a really long time, maybe since District 9 (not including guardians.)  Recommend much. 

Training Day and Remember the Titans are his only good movies. true story. maybe American Gangster too but i haven't seen that one.

Probably one of the most overrated actors out there.

Man on Fire

The book of eli

He got game

All great movie films.

• Like 3

Man on Fire

The book of eli

He got game

All great movie films.

X is also brilliant and he was absolutely robbed of the Oscar... Pigs why u hate black people

• Like 2

I'm watching 'The Anomale' and Michael ****ing Spittsping is in it playing some European Villian badly! LMAO!!!!

Just saw Training Day:  7/10.  Pointless love story with football drafting involved.  Semi-horrible acting involved.

You meant Draft Day foo

Training day is Denzel as a thug cop

• Like 3

Don't you guys use something like last.fm but for films?

Over here, we use Filmweb.

http://www.filmweb.pl/user/najma/films

lol do not speak of Streaming to the 'Mericans bro they're touchy..

anyways back on topic, finally caught Dawn of the planet of the apes and OP is correct, Caesar is a god damn BAWSE

• Like 2

Watched Devil's Advocate at 1am this morning. Was trying to sleep but couldn't.

9/10 for good special effects, lots of bewbs, interesting plot, great cast, and a satisfying ending.

The demon faces were really creepy as well.

• Like 3

Watched Devil's Advocate at 1am this morning. Was trying to sleep but couldn't.

9/10 for good special effects, lots of bewbs, interesting plot, great cast, and a satisfying ending.

The demon faces were really creepy as well.

Great film! Keanu as a lawyer lol ... Pacino as an epic over the top devil and Charlize Theron as Crazy Bewbs can't argue with that!

• Like 1

Foxcatcher_First_Teaser_Poster.jpg

3/5

Superb acting by by Carell and Ruffalo. Tatum did well too but was pretty 1 note.  

In all it was a really well made movie. Keeps you interested to see where it is going.

My main problem is the historical inaccuracies it seems to have. Looked up the story after i watched it and see how the director twisted some things that maybe shouldn't have been twisted. Mainly how Mark Schultz was portrayed. I could see why that made him so upset over the movie. 

The mission impossible where they go to Dubai and save the world from a nuclear war.

Great special effects and production values but a ridiculous script and casting Tom Cruise as an action was bad enough when he was in his 30s, now that he's over 50 it is beyond stupid.

Would rate 2/10 based on some good boobs.

12 years a slave. I'd give it a 9/10. Great movie with historical ties.

Old lady dragged me to Into the woods, promised me that it was a twist on Disney movies and red riding hood was some psycho girl. What it was is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life, ****o films have better acting. Did I mention its some lame **** musical as well. 1/10.

Watched Maze runner with my son. Its cheesy but was OK. 7/10.

Same I have a box that streams so watching it right now after you reminded me about it, really is a GOAT film one of the best I've seen from last year easy!

Hardy gives a memorable performance and it was good to see Ganfolfini as a ****head one last time lol

• Like 1

Hardy gives a memorable performance and it was good to see Ganfolfini as a ****head one last time lol

I'm a Hardy fan he's been in some good films, him and Gandolfini both play a great part in this and it still has half an hour left, then I'll leave my rating.

This was a worthy last film for a really great actor imo.

• Like 1

I'm a Hardy fan he's been in some good films, him and Gandolfini both play a great part in this and it still has half an hour left, then I'll leave my rating.

This was a worthy last film for a really great actor imo.

Theirs even some pretty great humor, " they're Chechens"

Edited by TheHNIC
  • Like 1

Theirs even some pretty great humor, " they're Chechens"

Haha yeah that was funny. The scene in the bar was GOAT, I knew there was something about Hardy's character he gave off an ice cold vibe all the way through.

Easy 88/88 m8 possibly my favourite film of last year.

• Like 1

If you have to get dragged into watching a movie with a wimmen, you can do a lot worse than Malevicent.

7/10 Jolie was hot and some pretty good battle scenes. Plus the main guy from District 9 was in it and he played an entertaining bad guy.

• Like 1

Haha yeah that was funny. The scene in the bar was GOAT, I knew there was something about Hardy's character he gave off an ice cold vibe all the way through.

Easy 88/88 m8 possibly my favourite film of last year.

werd, nebody who doesn't like that flick should die in a car fire

• Like 1

If you have to get dragged into watching a movie with a wimmen, you can do a lot worse than Malevicent.

7/10 Jolie was hot and some pretty good battle scenes. Plus the main guy from District 9 was in it and he played an entertaining bad guy.

I watched it on a plane, so not quite the cinematic surround sound experience, but....thought it was a piece of slow-moving unimaginative twaddle with a farcically weak dragon in it (two blokes with chains calmed it down).  Jolie's past it too.

• Like 1

Ray. With that black guy playing Ray Charles.

It was not too bad, but it didn't get into the music enough. All about his childhood traumas and his drug addictions and his infidelities, which is all fine, and all belongs there in his life story. But his life story is mainly about music, and there wasn't enough of it in the movie.

4.5/10

Ray. With that black guy playing Ray Charles.

It was not too bad, but it didn't get into the music enough. All about his childhood traumas and his drug addictions and his infidelities, which is all fine, and all belongs there in his life story. But his life story is mainly about music, and there wasn't enough of it in the movie.

4.5/10

Jamie Foxx

• Like 1

I watched it on a plane, so not quite the cinematic surround sound experience, but....thought it was a piece of slow-moving unimaginative twaddle with a farcically weak dragon in it (two blokes with chains calmed it down). Jolie's past it too.

I'll have to agree to disagree (except with the dragon part).

Moving on... has anyone seen 21 grams? That was a good one. Naomi Watts pops her nips out in full glory.