Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

flash gordon 10/10

Sam J Jones, queen and death to Ming!

Hes the saviour of the universe!

is this the early 80's one? that film is ****ing boss! 

• Like 3

RED 2 Not as good as the first one but still entertaining. Malkovich is pretty funny and Helen Mirren's character makes me think banging her wouldn't leave me in shame, lol. 7/10

• Like 4

Whiplash was **** awesome. i recommend. 

Birdman i really have mixed feelings about. I keep flip flopping on if it was good or not. Both Norton and Keaton were fantastic in it though.

I can't figure out in the preview if he actually has the powers of Birdman and he's trying to live a normal life how they show him hovering in the room and all or he's just some scrub that was typecast and wants to get into bro adway... I think it's the latter and I'm gonna be dissapointed

gotta love oscars time.. all the screeners are out. About to watch whiplash, has Shillinger from Oz as a mean teacher and looks awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_L3HBPkrJo

Whiplash was a great movie, saw it a couple days ago. I'm not a jazz fan but this movie almost made me wish I was. I rate this film 9/10 and if I were a Jazz fan would likely have given it a perfect ten.

I'm also taking advantage of screener season and plan to watch American Sniper and The Battle of the Five Armies this afternoon.

• Like 3

I'm not going to rate these movies as they are both two movies I consider to be my favorites but you guys should definitely check them out. They're not on Netflix or Hulu so you'll have to rent them off of amazon or something. 

The Thing (1982 version)

The Thing (2011 version)

If you watch them.. watch the original first. The second one is awesome once you've realized what they've done.. its kind of a remake but not. It's awesome, I promise.

Hobbit 3. 

Battle of the Five Armies was ok. Visually stunning and plenty of action, then more action and finally more action. There's so many combat sequences that I was spoiled and stopped being impressed. This coupled with the by now repetative storyline left me watching the time tick by until the film finished.

6.5/10

I watched 47 Ronin on Friday night and honestly can't put into words how terrible it was. 2/10. 

I saw parts of it and didn't want to finish.  Seemed bad from the beginning.

• Like 2

Watched "The Help" last night.  Bit more highbrow than my usual fare but an interesting insight into the Deep South back in the day.

I rate it 5.5 out of 8

Saw this also and I would rate it around 9/10.  Solid movie.

• Like 2

Also, I recommend Identity to watch "The Help"

I think theHNIC should watch the help...

• Like 1

The equalizer good movie, just tired of the usual black guy kills a lot of whites theme now a days. They could've found 1 black russian like mickey rourk YO.

• Like 1

The equalizer good movie, just tired of the usual black guy kills a lot of whites theme now a days. They could've found 1 black russian like mickey rourk YO.

lol

THISGONBGUD.gif

• Like 2

lol

THISGONBGUD.gif

Don't tell me dejango un chained gave you wet dreams NO? Well tune into thelma starring oprah the oppressed, the continual evil whitey propaganda is like the ENERGIZER bunny.

Becuase in America it's to much to ask for a white karate kid or a white orphan annie. When we should've got jaden playing the KUNG FOO kid and we should've got foreign exchange student shanikwa.

Next thing you know shaq will be starring in CONAN 3 revenge of  african norseman CROM.

Edited by PakaL
  • Like 2

Becuase in America it's to much to ask for a white karate kid or a white orphan annie. When we should've got jaden playing the KUNG FOO kid and we should've got foreign exchange student shanikwa.

Next thing you know shaq will be starring in CONAN 3 revenge of  african norseman CROM.

lol

There was already 3 Karate Kids and they were actually good and interesting.  The Jaden Smith one was ok since it pretty much had the same thing as the first Karate Kid but in China instead of the United States.

• Like 2

Forgot to mention a Black Nick Fury.  Clearly racist...

:lol:

• Like 2

lol

There was already 3 Karate Kids and they were actually good and interesting.  The Jaden Smith one was ok since it pretty much had the same thing as the first Karate Kid but in China instead of the United States.

They should've bant anyone who grew up watching the original from watching the remake to save some jimmersons.  Absolute dog****e movie

• Like 1

lol

Hell nawz the O . G Karate kid was str8 the way it was... The style biting is whats wack in this whole situation karate kid in china studying kung fu  now that's ORIGINAL in itself...  It shows hollywoods racism as they did not believe a black kid could be successful like a white italian one was in the 80's. So instead of being original like the 1st karate kid and naming it the Kung Fu kid they style emulated and rode off of the ITALIAN kids name that's lame and VERY VERY RACIST.

Edited by PakaL

I watched, would bang after a 6er of Stella

I went into it expecting not much and was actually hooked right off the bat....

Gonna rewatch The Usual Suspects for like the 100th time..

10/10 for that one

• Like 2

Rise of the planet of the apes 7/10

Dawn of the planet of the apes 6/10

Guardians of the galaxy 6.5/10

the movies I watched during the weekend

They should've bant anyone who grew up watching the original from watching the remake to save some jimmersons.  Absolute dog****e movie

I don't think it was horrible with Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan, but it was definitely not inventive/creative at all.  It was an homage to the original, which is lame.  I'd of preferred a whole new interesting storyline for the Karate Kid movie.

• Like 1

Rise of the planet of the apes 7/10

Dawn of the planet of the apes 6/10

Guardians of the galaxy 6.5/10

the movies I watched during the weekend

lol

GTFO

• Like 4

Hell nawz the O . G Karate kid was str8 the way it was... The style biting is whats wack in this whole situation karate kid in china studying kung fu  now that's ORIGINAL in itself...  It shows hollywoods racism as they did not believe a black kid could be successful like a white italian one was in the 80's. So instead of being original like the 1st karate kid and naming it the Kung Fu kid they style emulated and rode off of the ITALIAN kids name that's lame and VERY VERY RACIST.

gb7fs.jpg

• Like 4