• Please log in to reply
5689 replies to this topic

#5651 Omoplataypus

Omoplataypus

Still Kelvins #1 fan, he'll be back

• Free
  • 16,623 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:56 AM

the world needs another Dr Doolittle movie like I need to work longer days for less money

The Gene Wilder one was goat. The giant snail is p5p
  • Eclipse76 likes this

#5652 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,174 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:03 AM

Anybody seen A Quiet Place yet?

First horror I can honestly say has interested me since IT.

• Omoplataypus and Denizen like this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#5653 Omoplataypus

Omoplataypus

• Free
  • 16,623 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:08 AM

Yeah I think it looks interesting tew
  • Jolldan likes this

#5654 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,074 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:14 AM

Seeing it this weekend. The fact that this nerdgin

giphy.gif

wrote, directed, and starred in the best reviewed horror movie in like a decade is amazin' and sad at the same time. 

• Jolldan likes this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#5655 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,174 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:20 AM

Seeing it this weekend. The fact that this nerdgin

giphy.gif

wrote, directed, and starred in the best reviewed horror movie in like a decade is amazin' and sad at the same time. 

You should have a look at my Marvel/DC thread just found out some interesting stuff about him as well lol

• TUF likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#5656 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,074 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:24 PM

3 episodes in and it makes me realize Frank Castle never should have been attempted in a movie. Definitely a character that deserves more screen time. Have heard it falls apart after 2 episodes but it's just getting good. Never understood the Hulk, Superman fanboys. Castle is a much more interesting character.

Up to episode 10 and the show went from 0 to 100 real quick. Its getting tents.
  • juice64011, Eclipse76 and TigerChamp like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#5657 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,074 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:21 AM

Up to episode 10 and the show went from 0 to 100 real quick. Its getting tents.

Anybody watched Daredevil/Defenders on Netflix? Have never been a fan of either but am told to watch it just for the Punisher crossover? Any good? 

• Eclipse76 likes this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#5658 Eclipse76

Eclipse76

HEECLIPSE RETURNS !!!

• Free
  • 5,644 posts
  • LocationSylvan Lake

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:28 AM

Anybody watched Daredevil/Defenders on Netflix? Have never been a fan of either but am told to watch it just for the Punisher crossover? Any good?

Watch both daredevils!! Skip defenders but the 2 seasons on daredevil were good.. especially the punisher crossover
  • TUF likes this

Mirko(The Croatian Sensation) Cro-Cop (Favorite HW) Win or Lose !!

Rampage on the way back to the Title!!

Bas Rutten.. Greatest!! Nuff said. Fedor = G.O.A.T.

http://forums.ufcfig...-i-was-eclipse/

conair.gif?w=780

#5659 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 26,479 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

I liked Daredevil. Punisher took over that show which is how he got his own. I havent watched Defenders
  • Eclipse76 likes this
MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 ChampionOfficial JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 23 Champion

#5660 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,074 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:57 AM

I liked Daredevil. Punisher took over that show which is how he got his own. I havent watched Defenders

Punisher has been so good that I don't want to finish it. Mrs. TUF just started getting into it now that's it dialing up a bit but not sure she could make it through 2 seasons of Daredevil. If I started watching it at season 2, would I be too far out of any story lines?

• Eclipse76 likes this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#5661 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 26,479 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

I don't think so. If I remember right there is a recap that does a good job of catching you up on the story.
  • Eclipse76 and TUF like this
MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 ChampionOfficial JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 23 Champion

#5662 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,074 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:17 AM

I don't think so. If I remember right there is a recap that does a good job of catching you up on the story.

Just finished the Punisher. Was pretty decent. I knew it would go off the rails at some point and go full "Warzone" but wasnt expecting it to go Red Viper/The Mountain at the end. Last couple episodes were pretty br00tal. I know Billy is sort of a mainstay in the comics but was hoping this season would cap off his story and start fresh for season 2. Instead, it seemed to serve as just an origin story with that foreshadowing at the end. Seemed like the season was maybe a couple episodes too long in the middle, yet Lewis and his PTSD serial killer run side story seemed kind of shoe horned in. Wife ended up liking it more than i did in the end so should be watching DD soon.
  • Eclipse76 likes this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#5663 Eclipse76

Eclipse76

HEECLIPSE RETURNS !!!

• Free
  • 5,644 posts
  • LocationSylvan Lake

Posted 08 April 2018 - 11:34 AM

Just finished the Punisher. Was pretty decent. I knew it would go off the rails at some point and go full "Warzone" but wasnt expecting it to go Red Viper/The Mountain at the end. Last couple episodes were pretty br00tal. I know Billy is sort of a mainstay in the comics but was hoping this season would cap off his story and start fresh for season 2. Instead, it seemed to serve as just an origin story with that foreshadowing at the end. Seemed like the season was maybe a couple episodes too long in the middle, yet Lewis and his PTSD serial killer run side story seemed kind of shoe horned in. Wife ended up liking it more than i did in the end so should be watching DD soon.

I actually preferred the DD version better.
  • crangs likes this

conair.gif?w=780

#5664 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,074 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:00 PM

I actually preferred the DD version better.

Yea im half way into season 2 of DD and having more fun with it than Punisher. My butthole still hasnt unpuckered from that stairwell/hallway fight
  • crangs and Eclipse76 like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#5665 TheBigD

TheBigD
  • Free
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 11:48 PM

Daredevil only seemed good because the movie was so terrible. It's pretty average tbh, especially compared to Punisher. Anyways "Ready Player One" was surprisingly good for a nerdy video game movie.

#5666 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,074 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:39 AM

Daredevil only seemed good because the movie was so terrible. It's pretty average tbh, especially compared to Punisher. Anyways "Ready Player One" was surprisingly good for a nerdy video game movie.

Slap your damn self. It's been one of the better adaptions I've seen, even taking some of the best source material - word for word - straight from the comics. The Punisher was the areolas as well. 

6O3tJ8v.jpg

• Eclipse76 and TigerChamp like this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#5667 Eclipse76

Eclipse76

HEECLIPSE RETURNS !!!

• Free
  • 5,644 posts
  • LocationSylvan Lake

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:53 AM

Slap your damn self. It's been one of the better adaptions I've seen, even taking some of the best source material - word for word - straight from the comics. The Punisher was the areolas as well.

6O3tJ8v.jpg

I agree

And i still state the DD season 2 punisher was better than the series only because they did a killer job with him.. and his family recap was amazeballs...
  • TUF likes this

conair.gif?w=780

#5668 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,074 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:02 AM

I agree

And i still state the DD season 2 punisher was better than the series only because they did a killer job with him.. and his family recap was amazeballs...

Only half way through S2 and as good as the Punisher series was, after watching DD, it's pretty obvious they stretched his source material a bit by the time he got to his own show. 13 hours is pretty long after giving us a bit of an origin story for him already in DD. I really hope they don't cross over Jessica Jones into Punisher season 2 like rumored. Not sure I have the time or interest to watch JJ season 1 to catch up on her story. Bernthal is the GOAT Punisher tho. 

• Eclipse76 likes this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#5669 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,174 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:21 AM

Anybody seen the trailer for The Meg lol? Looks so bad

• the_enigma likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#5670 stehilton94

stehilton94
  • Free
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:49 AM

The Punisher is brilliant, Daredevil is just as good, Luke cage was fun too, Jessica Jones is watchable and Iron fist if **** awful but you must watch them all to understand the connections and story. I don't know why people are saying the defenders ain't good, I loved it, but Punisher and Daredevil are the best by far

• TUF and Jolldan like this

#5671 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,174 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:03 AM

The Punisher is brilliant, Daredevil is just as good, Luke cage was fun too, Jessica Jones is watchable and Iron fist if **** awful but you must watch them all to understand the connections and story. I don't know why people are saying the defenders ain't good, I loved it, but Punisher and Daredevil are the best by far

Agree on the first two, have to say Jessica Jones was my next favourite thought Killgrave has been one of the best villains of all the shows.

Luke Cage & Iron Fist felt like the weakest two for me. Iron Fist had too many problems to mention but Luke Cage (and as I white dude it may just be me getting the wrong idea lol) felt like it just played on black stereotypes.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#5672 stehilton94

stehilton94
  • Free
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:12 AM

Agree on the first two, have to say Jessica Jones was my next favourite thought Killgrave has been one of the best villains of all the shows.

Luke Cage & Iron Fist felt like the weakest two for me. Iron Fist had too many problems to mention but Luke Cage (and as I white dude it may just be me getting the wrong idea lol) felt like it just played on black stereotypes.

Jessica Jones was one of my favorites but alot of people I know said they did not like it, so that's why I put watchable, but yeah Luke cage and then Iron fist, Iron fist was not watchable, I struggled trying to watch it just so I could watch the defenders, the feg from Game of Thrones is a **** awful actor

#5673 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 21,063 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:30 AM

Iron fist stopped me watching Luke Cage and defenders.  I'll get back around to defenders after Punisher though

• Eclipse76, TUF and stehilton94 like this

#5674 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,174 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:04 AM

Jessica Jones was one of my favorites but alot of people I know said they did not like it, so that's why I put watchable, but yeah Luke cage and then Iron fist, Iron fist was not watchable, I struggled trying to watch it just so I could watch the defenders, the feg from Game of Thrones is a **** awful actor

Spoiler

I don't put as much on his actual acting than I do script writers & the fight choreographer. Whoever thought it was a good idea from him to say " I am the immortal Iron Fist, Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the hand" half a dozen times an episode should be beaten with a **** stick.

And some of the fight scenes were so bad in a series that's fighting scenes should have really been some of there stand out pieces of the season, that I think they have to change whoever is in charge of putting together the fights.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#5675 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 25,748 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:00 AM

this is a fooking movie discussion thread get your beta comic chit the fook ouuuuta here!
  • crangs, Eclipse76 and TUF like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#5676 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 21,063 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:22 AM

this is a fooking movie discussion thread get your beta comic chit the fook ouuuuta here!

when Steeler Nation tells us to get out of his thread we will...

Edited by crangs, 12 April 2018 - 03:24 AM.

• Eclipse76 and TUF like this

#5677 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,074 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:58 AM

lol i'm extraditing ALL my TV talk in your thread to this one now

giphy.gif

• crangs likes this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#5678 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,174 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:55 AM

first look at Hardy as Al Capone

139f96325ace34705f17e25f284e529d.png

• Eclipse76 and Denizen like this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#5679 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 25,748 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:30 PM

when Steeler Nation tells us to get out of his thread we will...

lol fair call m8
  • crangs and Eclipse76 like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#5680 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 5,004 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:30 PM

It's top notch.

I'm about as far from a fan of horror as anyone (that saw far too many horror movies as a kid and as a result became desensitized to them) can be.

My daughter wanted to see it (Yeah she's an adult) so I got tickets for the advanced preview.

I'm the type who usually gets restless in the cinema, for the most part I'd rather sit in my own chair with my headphones on and watch a movie on my tablet.

This is a horror flick that really does keep you in suspense. It made me flinch. There's scenes where you know what's coming, there's big neon signs basically screaming at you what is coming but still, when it happens it is a shock.

9/10 from someone who usually scoffs at horror movies

Edited by Denizen, 12 April 2018 - 01:31 PM.

Fight Club Prediction Championship: Grand Prix Winner and Final Champion (10-3)

UFC Prediction Grand Prix: Winner

UFC Survivor Series Tournament: Series Seven Winner

#5681 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 5,004 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:46 PM

I was reading some reviews on what critics had to say about the new Tomb Raider and became interested in the lead actress, Alicia Vikander. Critics seemed to agree that her talents were wasted as Lara Croft, that she's so much better than the role will allow her to demonstrate. And so I decided to take a look at a few if her earlier roles.

She is indeed a truly fantastic actress.

While people might be familiar with her role as Ava in the sci-fi flick Ex Machina, this (imo) is far from her best work.

Go back further and check out a couple of movies she has done with the writer and director Lisa Langseth.

Two fantastic Swedish movies that are definitely worth the time it takes to find them and settle into the subtitles.

Langseth has made a few movies and all of them star Vikander, they're a good partnership.

I recommend both Hotell and Pure strongly.

I try to not get completely bogged down on new releases from Hollywood.

Anyone interested in a bit more cultural diversity and foreign language movies would do well to check out these couple of hidden gems.

Edited by Denizen, 12 April 2018 - 01:48 PM.

#5682 DoomPatrol

DoomPatrol
  • Free
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:11 PM

Saw Pacific Rim: Uprising recently and I liked it a lot. Won't win any oscars, but does exactly what it should: giant robot vs monster mayhem. Good old fashioned fun. And for once the robots and monsters move like something so big should. They feel heavy.

Also saw Black Panther. It was good too. Different enough from the other superhero flicks.

#5683 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,074 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:32 AM

Saw Pacific Rim: Uprising recently and I liked it a lot. Won't win any oscars, but does exactly what it should: giant robot vs monster mayhem. Good old fashioned fun. And for once the robots and monsters move like something so big should. They feel heavy.

Also saw Black Panther. It was good too. Different enough from the other superhero flicks.

I actually heard that "Rampage" was what Pacific Rim should have been and was recieved a lot better as a giant monster movie. Heading to see A Quiet Place today and thought it was interesting they originally wrote it to have ties with Cloverfield.
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#5684 DoomPatrol

DoomPatrol
  • Free
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:57 AM

I actually heard that "Rampage" was what Pacific Rim should have been and was recieved a lot better as a giant monster movie. Heading to see A Quiet Place today and thought it was interesting they originally wrote it to have ties with Cloverfield.

Does it have a giant robot doing the showtime kick off of a skyscraper?

I cheered aloud when that happened B)

#5685 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,074 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:37 PM

Cancel that. Rampage was hawt garbage. I like to think the giant wolf was a representation of the amount of wolf tickets.
  • Eclipse76 likes this
conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#5686 Omoplataypus

Omoplataypus

• Free
  • 16,623 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:25 PM

I didnt think A Quiet Place was THAT good. It was definitely a fresh interesting movie but I think its way overhyped.

They showed the monster in the first 10 mins which imo a good horror movie never does. You have to keep people guessing about what is terrorizing them.

The monsters were pretty cool though. Again I liked the movie just think its getting way too much praise as being like one of the best horror movies ever or something.

Ready Player One was badass. Maybe I'm biased as a video game enthusiast because I'm sure nongamers wouldn't relate to it as much as those that play do. It was entertaining from beginning to end and I loved all the references. I'm kinda the target demo for it though.

The haptic suits were really cool. Cant wait for games to get on that level. Also Mecha fookin Godzilla
  • Eclipse76 likes this

#5687 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 5,004 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:19 PM

I didnt think A Quiet Place was THAT good. It was definitely a fresh interesting movie but I think its way overhyped.
They showed the monster in the first 10 mins which imo a good horror movie never does. You have to keep people guessing about what is terrorizing them.
The monsters were pretty cool though. Again I liked the movie just think its getting way too much praise as being like one of the best horror movies ever or something.
Ready Player One was badass. Maybe I'm biased as a video game enthusiast because I'm sure nongamers wouldn't relate to it as much as those that play do. It was entertaining from beginning to end and I loved all the references. I'm kinda the target demo for it though.
The haptic suits were really cool. Cant wait for games to get on that level. Also Mecha fookin Godzilla

Didn't expect to enjoy Ready Player One.

Loved it.

Loved all the 80's references.

Loved that it was about an egg hunt and released for Easter.

Good fun and really easy to just let the effects wash over you without boring you through repetition.

#5688 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,174 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:17 AM

Im still waiting for Hollywood to come to its senses and just make a movie version of War of the mOnsters, could be a goat monster movie.

61NqDQlYe1L.jpg

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#5689 Omoplataypus

Omoplataypus

• Free
  • 16,623 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:57 AM

Im still waiting for Hollywood to come to its senses and just make a movie version of War of the mOnsters, could be a goat monster movie.
61NqDQlYe1L.jpg

Its called Pacific Rim
  • TUF, Jolldan and VertFTW like this

#5690 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,174 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:44 AM

Its called Pacific Rim

first was good haven't seen second

This could be better lol