Pride Bushido Type of Event for UFC's

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fightfanfightfan80

fightfanfightfan80
  • Free
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:22 PM

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I wanted to ask if Zuffa has ever thought about trying to have special events that have a "Bushido" type of concept that emphsizes Non Stop Action and yellow cards for stalling etc. 

I honestly think MMA Fans would genuinely enjoy events like this. Maybe instead of one 10 minute round and one  5 minute round they could have two  3 minute rounds where the fighters just go Balls to Wall the whole time. Also, if the fighters lost they wouldn't be cut as long as they made the fights entertaining.

Any Thoughts ?

Edited by fightfanfightfan80, 22 December 2014 - 10:23 PM.

#2 Jab_Lowkick

Jab_Lowkick
  • Free
  • 3 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:37 AM

Would be awesome to see.. Although the way things are going, every fighter would get injured for 9 months after their fight

tumblr_mqun2cSwIC1spub07o1_250.gif

#3 fightfanfightfan80

fightfanfightfan80
  • Free
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:07 AM

Would be awesome to see.. Although the way things are going, every fighter would get injured for 9 months after their fight

True, At the same time I think they could really start creating names for fighters that not everyone knows about. It would give fighters a chance to really stand out and would really mix things up in the UFC. 

Maybe it could be a special event type of thing that happens once or twice a year in a ring. 

#4 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 27,240 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:34 AM

The biggest problem I see with this kind of idea is the fact that they'd be very limited as to where they could hold such an event. It would have to be somewhere that doesn't have a commission, because in commission states/countries, the UFC doesn't have control over the rules.

So, immediately you're going to limit the appeal to their biggest audience (North America), because it would have to be an international event, and thus would be on at some oddball time, probably exclusively on Fight Pass.

#5 fightfanfightfan80

fightfanfightfan80
  • Free
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:50 AM

The biggest problem I see with this kind of idea is the fact that they'd be very limited as to where they could hold such an event. It would have to be somewhere that doesn't have a commission, because in commission states/countries, the UFC doesn't have control over the rules.

So, immediately you're going to limit the appeal to their biggest audience (North America), because it would have to be an international event, and thus would be on at some oddball time, probably exclusively on Fight Pass.

Good points, I didn't really consider that.  I guess I'm just trying to think of ways to mix things up a bit in the UFC.