storm22

My official car thread

Some of you may remember i was either going to buy an Evora or an R8.

Well i went with an Evora, mainly due to running and maintenance costs as well as looks.

yt5Bxmq.jpg

• Like 3

Got it for $5,800 last night. 

pjivyMa.jpg

54,000 miles. 2001 Mustang. Not a GT but definitely a sleeper. Previous owner put on aftermarket dual exhaust and some other mods. Not a scratch on it. Just needs shocks and the brake is a bit squishy but overall, really happy with it. 

• Like 3

Saw what should have been a 3-second pass tonight.  Corvette let off at about the 450-500 foot mark and still banged a 4.23 @ 134.  By comparison, that GTO I posted a few weeks back ran 4.1 @ 174, 40 mph faster and only a tenth faster than a Corvette that let off early.  That Corvette couldn't get a full pass all night, every pass he had to shut down early.  I bet that thing could run a 3.8x

• Like 2

Talked to the ol lady and I'm gonna by a 1977 dodge challenger when I turn 40. A piece of chit one though, I'm talking one I have to have brought in via tow truck. Then spend the next however many years fixing it up. Seems like a good project for when I turn 40.

• Like 2

AMC AMX any good? I like the look of them, but rarely hear about em compared to other muscle cars.

Edited by PunchBag

Where u at SVT?  We need to get some actual car discussion back in this thread.  

I want to hear more about his timing map improvements, preferably a before after yt vid!

That last vid I made, that day because the n20 wouldn't come on for the drags I was playing around with timing and just fed it in the entire spark map and the thing friggin hammered off the line! The red 4x4 that dusted me was actually the first drag race of the day and the slowest my car was all day. 

Sober, those coyote engines, what are the upper limits of SBE aspirated power? I'm shooting for 500rw with a gen iv LS

• Like 2

Sober, those coyote engines, what are the upper limits of SBE aspirated power? I'm shooting for 500rw with a gen iv LS

Dude I'm massively high, I must have gone retarded because I'm not sure what you mean? 

• Like 4

Dude I'm massively high, I must have gone retarded because I'm not sure what you mean?

yeah the way I asked the question was retarded. I’m trying to get a comparison for how much better the new coyote motors are compared to mine.

I’m looking for 500+rwhp with heads/cam + full bolt ons. I’m just wondering what power a ford motor will make with the same modifications... leaving the stock pistons/rods/crank untouched

• Like 1

yeah the way I asked the question was retarded. I’m trying to get a comparison for how much better the new coyote motors are compared to mine.

I’m looking for 500+rwhp with heads/cam + full bolt ons. I’m just wondering what power a ford motor will make with the same modifications... leaving the stock pistons/rods/crank untouched

From what I understand that white Mustang I was posting videos of is stock motor, w/ fuel system, some tranny work and driveshaft (plus the twin turbos) at it dyno'd nearly 1000 rwhp the other day.

The Mustang at the new shop I found had a giant Whipple on a stock motor (aside from a crank or something) that dyno'd 1030 wheel.  

800 hp might be the upper limit of reliability.  The Hellion twin turbo kit will get you up to around 800 wheel on the stock coyote.  

• Like 1

From what I understand that white Mustang I was posting videos of is stock motor, w/ fuel system, some tranny work and driveshaft (plus the twin turbos) at it dyno'd nearly 1000 rwhp the other day.

The Mustang at the new shop I found had a giant Whipple on a stock motor (aside from a crank or something) that dyno'd 1030 wheel.  

800 hp might be the upper limit of reliability.  The Hellion twin turbo kit will get you up to around 800 wheel on the stock coyote.  

I mean leaving it naturally aspirated but damn anywhere near 1000rwhp with stock long block is impressive! 

• Like 1

I mean leaving it naturally aspirated but damn anywhere near 1000rwhp with stock long block is impressive! 

N/A my guess would be in the 500-550 range, I think?  Full bolt-on Coyotes aren't super fast

I;m probably wayyy late to the party but I found a good app for doing 0-60, 1/8th mile, 1/4 mile, 60-100, etc.  In iOS you can find the app just by searching TRC app.  Was made for That Racing Channel.  

Going to go make a couple of pulls later for fun.  Does a bunch of other cool **** too.  

• Like 2