storm22

My official car thread

pretty cool eh? 

man it's awesome! thanks for mentioning it. I definitely know there will be reception at the 1/8th mile drags (they don't have a timing system there, just a recreational style street meet)

https://www.wral.com/trooper-car-hit-197-mph-during-north-carolina-street-race/17776038/

RALEIGH, N.C. — A North Carolina man is accused of pushing his Dodge Challenger to 197 mph (317 kph) during a street race last month.

News outlets report that the North Carolina State Highway Patrol arrested 22-year-old William Oliver Jefferson on Aug. 7, after a complaint pointed them toward a Facebook video that captured the speedometer.

Trooper Z.S. Clay wrote in a search warrant application that part of the video is filmed inside the car, which was in a 70 mph zone on U.S. Highway 1, near Interstate 540, during the speed competition.

Jefferson is charged with being in a prearranged speed competition, speeding and reckless driving. It's unclear whether he has a lawyer.

Smh. 

Why the **** did they make it a point to tell us how fast 197 is in kph?  

• Like 3

Maybe it’s to help out all us dumnies that live outside the 2.8 countries that don’t use the imperial system.

Also, there isn’t enough reception out here at the 1/4 mile to use that app :(... Err I mean 0.402 kilometre.

But... I do have half a bottle in the car and a highway with reception on the way home...

• Like 1

Maybe it’s to help out all us dumnies that live outside the 2.8 countries that don’t use the imperial system.

Also, there isn’t enough reception out here at the 1/4 mile to use that app :(... Err I mean 0.402 kilometre.

But... I do have half a bottle in the car and a highway with reception on the way home...

Damn I forgot about the app.  Definitely going to do some pulls later then once it cools down some.  It's is awful right now.  

an aerodynamic masterpiece, ... look at those lines

they put it in to a wind tunnel, just to illustrate how bad the aerodynamics are on it

It was pretty crazy

• Like 2

Yo sobes do you think going to 1/2 inch head studs will hold Leroy together?

It seems like the obvious next step, but a part of me is thinking that the current head lifting problem is like a safety buffer that's keeping it alive and holding the heads down will just increase the cylinder pressure to dangerous levels. With that aluminium block I wonder if he will just strip the head stud threads in the block  :blink:

I think maybe he should either dial it back and keep it running 8.2's, or switch out to 6 bolt block. 

• Like 1

Yo sobes do you think going to 1/2 inch head studs will hold Leroy together?

It seems like the obvious next step, but a part of me is thinking that the current head lifting problem is like a safety buffer that's keeping it alive and holding the heads down will just increase the cylinder pressure to dangerous levels. With that aluminium block I wonder if he will just strip the head stud threads in the block  :blink:

I think maybe he should either dial it back and keep it running 8.2's, or switch out to 6 bolt block. 

Yeah the head studs would definitely help, but I think it's inevitable that he's going to have a major blowout at some point.  

Kalashnikov's CV-1 electric car touted as Russia's answer to Tesla

2gh9ho.jpg

Russian manufacturing firm Kalashnikov has wheeled out a retro-looking electric car it says will give Elon Musk's Tesla a run for its money.

The firm behind the famous AK-47 assault rifle presented the eggshell-blue prototype vehicle, the CV-1, at an event near the capital, Moscow.

It said the CV-1, inspired by a Soviet hatchback created in the 1970s, was a revolutionary cutting-edge "supercar".

Kalashnikov was earlier ridiculed over its new combat robot "little Igor".

The company said in a statement on Thursday that the CV-1 car featured a number of "complex systems" with technology that would "let us stand in the ranks of global electric car producers such as Tesla".

It added that, when fully developed, the car would have a top speed several times higher than current electric vehicles produced by its firm and would be able to travel 220 miles (350 km) on a single charge.

Edited by Jolldan

Kalashnikov's CV-1 electric car touted as Russia's answer to Tesla

2gh9ho.jpg

Russian manufacturing firm Kalashnikov has wheeled out a retro-looking electric car it says will give Elon Musk's Tesla a run for its money.

The firm behind the famous AK-47 assault rifle presented the eggshell-blue prototype vehicle, the CV-1, at an event near the capital, Moscow.

It said the CV-1, inspired by a Soviet hatchback created in the 1970s, was a revolutionary cutting-edge "supercar".

Kalashnikov was earlier ridiculed over its new combat robot "little Igor".

The company said in a statement on Thursday that the CV-1 car featured a number of "complex systems" with technology that would "let us stand in the ranks of global electric car producers such as Tesla".

It added that, when fully developed, the car would have a top speed several times higher than current electric vehicles produced by its firm and would be able to travel 220 miles (350 km) on a single charge.

Fark me the old Ruskis could def learn a thing or two about styling....

• Like 1