storm22

My official car thread

Fark me the old Ruskis could def learn a thing or two about styling....

ARE YOU MAD????

This beauty has the same sweeping body as Lada Riva hahaha I think they should stick to guns.

• Like 1

ARE YOU MAD????

This beauty has the same sweeping body as Lada Riva hahaha I think they should stick to guns.

Lol I actually have a soft spot for the Lada Niva, a neighbour of mine when I was a kid owned one and was indestructible lol

• Like 1

yo sobes that burnout contest in ss717's video... that's uhhh, something else... very entertaining for all the wrong reasons

Those first two cars were so cringe.  

I kept expecting the real Leroy to get in there and show the other cats how it was done, not those two Leroy knockoffs.  Also, how lame is it that they are just sitting and burning out and not chucking skids like Aussies.

He's got a pretty quality burnout with project grandpa when he first got the line lock installed (the previous video I think?).  He lost like 50% of his brand new tires to it.  The asphalt was boiling.  

• Like 1

Thinking about a new Toyota Sequoia. I know Toyota makes reliable cars but how are their SUVs?

I figured since my Commander is like 7 years old I should upgrade. Been holding out for the right SUV.

I want something bigger like my Expedition (before the Jeep).

I find it very interesting that SS717 managed to gain an actual 150rw out of a NX plate 150 shot on a 6.0L considering my setup is pretty much identical. Although he's using 101 octane barrel fuel and I'm using the equivalent to U.S. 93 octane pump fuel with a bit of booster splashed in. 

Damn I want to switch to a standalone fuel system and run some good stuff! It's in the works. 

• Like 1

I find it very interesting that SS717 managed to gain an actual 150rw out of a NX plate 150 shot on a 6.0L considering my setup is pretty much identical. Although he's using 101 octane barrel fuel and I'm using the equivalent to U.S. 93 octane pump fuel with a bit of booster splashed in. 

Damn I want to switch to a standalone fuel system and run some good stuff! It's in the works. 

do eeet

• Like 1

FFS they just announced that for insurance reasons the track days I usually go on have been capped to 140kph or 87mph. That's 2nd gear. 

Complete BS. 

Oh well, that just means I'll be doing more roll racing and drag racing rather then the random cruise sessions. 

• Like 1

So at the powercruise off street drags near me, a GTR won the whole thing. Surprise surprise. 

here's a vid of what it can do at the drag strip:

By the time I get to that level of performance these guys will be so much further ahead SMH. 

Side note, it's not as fast as the red gtr at roll racing, nor is it as fast as the silver gtr that hasn't been seen for about a year now.

• Like 3

Told my mom today that I want to buy this SUV we picked up from the beach from her.  

2006 Cadillac SRX, 35,000 miles, garage kept, old people driven (was my grandma's).  

• Like 2

Told my mom today that I want to buy this SUV we picked up from the beach from her.

2006 Cadillac SRX, 35,000 miles, garage kept, old people driven (was my grandma's).

That’s phenomenal mileage! I thought I barely drive mine and mine’s got twice the distance. BTW stay safe over there man.

• Like 2

That’s phenomenal mileage! I thought I barely drive mine and mine’s got twice the distance. BTW stay safe over there man.

it's crazy, 15,000 of those miles came in the last two years.  

It's in great shape, my only gripe is the stereo which doesn't have an aux input or anything but I can always get something else in there.  

We should be mostly okay at this point, all of the models have it tracking further south.  We'll definitely still get wind and rain and will (probably) lose power.  Luckily we aren't in a flood zone and there aren't really any trees in the yard that we need to be concerned with.  My grandma's beach house on the other hand .... keeping our fingers crossed.  

• Like 2

Car was playing up today.

Diff needs a service, it was spinning one wheel for a second or two and just wasn't hooking up off the line. Probably just needs fresh oil so the LSD centre will actually put power to both wheels.

Gas has intermittent problems. It was fine at the start of the day but as the day goes on the heat just gets too much for it. I tried some things to fix it but they didn't work. I've got a few ideas though and I think I'll be good for next time. 

That was literally the only decent run of the day. Sucks it was so short though. 

• Like 1

so cleetus has that iron block in leroy and that tube k frame upgrade keeps it at the same weight it was before... That thing's going to hammer! I have been watching youtube videos at 1.5x speed lately and slowing down for the action. Totally forgot and when he made a pass in leroy I was like HOLY DAMN

• Like 1

so for this season of drag racing I placed 16th overall, and tied 9th place with like 7 other people. 

My only redeeming thoughts are that I won a trophy and have wins over the guys who placed no.3 & 4 overall. 

• Like 1

Lewis Hamilton can join a very exclusive list of just two other drivers with 5 or more Formula One World Driver Championships if he wins on October 21st in Texas.

The list currently only features Juan Manuel Fangio on 5 and Michael Schumacher on 7.

5 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Lewis Hamilton can join a very exclusive list of just two other drivers with 5 or more Formula One World Driver Championships if he wins on October 21st in Texas.

The list currently only features Juan Manuel Fangio on 5 and Michael Schumacher on 7.

I've enjoyed Hamilton totally outclassing Vettel in the last 5 races.

Kind of a shame that Hamilton and Schumacher weren't peers.  Could have been a Prost/Senna-esque rivalry.

2 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I've enjoyed Hamilton totally outclassing Vettel in the last 5 races.

Kind of a shame that Hamilton and Schumacher weren't peers.  Could have been a Prost/Senna-esque rivalry.

I honestly don't know that much about F-1 just knew it was impressive he was getting close to Schumacher's record. You think there is any chance he matches or passes it?

42 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

I honestly don't know that much about F-1 just knew it was impressive he was getting close to Schumacher's record. You think there is any chance he matches or passes it?

Mercedes keep ahead on the mechanical/technical side of things then I can see him winning at least the next two

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Yo the race in the finals is SICK!!!!!!

That is his best fkn race yet!!!  15:36 his eyes squint when he locks in on the tree, that exact moment is when the nerves both peak and disappear at the same time.. the feeling is so addictive... I was zoned in watching him get zoned in LOL. Holy damn that was entertaining!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

That is his best fkn race yet!!!  15:36 his eyes squint when he locks in on the tree, that exact moment is when the nerves both peak and disappear at the same time.. the feeling is so addictive... I was zoned in watching him get zoned in LOL. Holy damn that was entertaining!

I was on the edge of my seat!

• Like 1

Seen that crash video yesterday. How TF did he climb out of that mangled mess?!? Sober did you see1320’s new street racing vid? In it there’s a 1000+hp foxbody that takes down a turbo hayabusa. It’s insane! I wonder how stable the fox feels at that speed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

Seen that crash video yesterday. How TF did he climb out of that mangled mess?!? Sober did you see1320’s new street racing vid? In it there’s a 1000+hp foxbody that takes down a turbo hayabusa. It’s insane! I wonder how stable the fox feels at that speed.

My guess is not very.  I had my old supercharged one up around 150 and it was absolutely terrifying, floating all over the road.  I had suspension **** done too, lots of it.  

What you guys think to the new Mitsuoka Rockstar

Based on an MX5 platform kinda like the fiat.

Look familiar?

Mitsuoka-Rock-Star-FPic-630x338.jpg

Mitsuoka-Rock-Star-5-630x313.jpg

• Like 1

This is the sleeper from the YouTube callout.  So sick the level of work that went in to keeping the factory appearance.  Guy sent out the stock wheels and had them widened to 10.5 inches. This car makes me want to fap so hard.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sobercuban said:

This is the sleeper from the YouTube callout.  So sick the level of work that went in to keeping the factory appearance.  Guy sent out the stock wheels and had them widened to 10.5 inches. This car makes me want to fap so hard.  

That's pretty much exactly how I want to build my car! Very cool. Will be interesting to see how much power he can make on 35psi god damn! 

I had the exact same idea with widening stock rims, over here it's illegal to double weld wheels so the widest I could go was 9.5 inches which allows me to use a 285 tyre which is still pretty decent. 

• Like 1

Hey sobro, finally took the car down the 1/4 on the spray. 

The car was a bit heavier, and my baseline was 12.68 @ 113.93... turned on the bottle and went 11.51 @ 128.14... That's a gain of nearly 1.2 seconds and 14MPH!!! Considering my PB with a bit less weight is 12.12 @ 116 if I make the same jump I should be in the high tens @ 130mph. All my 60 ft times were woeful 1.9 seconds NA, and 1.86+ on juice, so it's kicking in right before the 60ft mark. 

Also, as the night got cooler it was getting faster, but as the bottle ran low I ran a 11.56 @ 124mph... but it was 2mph faster to the 1/8th then the 11.51 pass. It was on it's way to a 130mph pass I know it!! but the bottle ran low 😔

(ok had to double check something... I got around 3.4 seconds 0-100kmh (62mph) with a stock converter!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

Hey sobro, finally took the car down the 1/4 on the spray. 

The car was a bit heavier, and my baseline was 12.68 @ 113.93... turned on the bottle and went 11.51 @ 128.14... That's a gain of nearly 1.2 seconds and 14MPH!!! Considering my PB with a bit less weight is 12.12 @ 116 if I make the same jump I should be in the high tens @ 130mph. All my 60 ft times were woeful 1.9 seconds NA, and 1.86+ on juice, so it's kicking in right before the 60ft mark. 

Also, as the night got cooler it was getting faster, but as the bottle ran low I ran a 11.56 @ 124mph... but it was 2mph faster to the 1/8th then the 11.51 pass. It was on it's way to a 130mph pass I know it!! but the bottle ran low 😔

(ok had to double check something... I got around 3.4 seconds 0-100kmh (62mph) with a stock converter!)

wow goddamn!  That is definitely impressive on a stock converter!  How big of a shot are you spraying? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sobercuban said:

wow goddamn!  That is definitely impressive on a stock converter!  How big of a shot are you spraying? 

Ty ty! It’s supposed to be a 150 shot but the gains are huge! I think the air bottle you sent over for me kicks it up a bit in the top end! AFR is good and no knock retard so I just send it NP! 😂

• Like 1

Went and snagged a rental car because my wife and I are driving to a concert tomorrow.

Bright red 2018 Mustang.  

I realized on the way home that it had the 10-speed automatic.  THEN once I got home I realized it's a goddamn Ecoboost because they didn't make a V6 in 2018.  That thing RIPS pretty good, you can't hear the turbo at all which kinda sucks.

I touched 130 in it on the way home

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Went and snagged a rental car because my wife and I are driving to a concert tomorrow.

Bright red 2018 Mustang.  

I realized on the way home that it had the 10-speed automatic.  THEN once I got home I realized it's a goddamn Ecoboost because they didn't make a V6 in 2018.  That thing RIPS pretty good, you can't hear the turbo at all which kinda sucks.

I touched 130 in it on the way home

Honestly as a gm guy I'd still love to own a new mustang, they are nice looking cars! But I'd need it to have one of those beast v8 coyote motors.

Is there much of a difference in power between the 4cyl and 6cyl?

• Like 1

btw my stock 4 speed auto is slipping really bad under power... drives perfect at 1/2 throttle, anything more and it feels like neutral, just revs freely to redline. It was bound to happen. 

Currently sourcing all parts to convert it to manual transmission. There's a roll racing event on dec 1 I want to go to and want to get it done by then. Probably going to dial it up to a 200 shot as well. 

• Like 1