storm22

My official car thread

On 11/1/2018 at 5:45 AM, Enigma_Machine said:

Honestly as a gm guy I'd still love to own a new mustang, they are nice looking cars! But I'd need it to have one of those beast v8 coyote motors.

Is there much of a difference in power between the 4cyl and 6cyl?

Nah the V6 and the Ecoboost make around the same horsepower.  The Ecoboost makes more torque, 350 ft-lbs or so.

• Like 1

Okay I put nearly 600 miles on the thing.  Was overall a good experience.  

Power dies off hard after about 120, lol.  Felt extremely stable at that speed though.

I don't know if it's because the car was a rental and people rag on it constantly, but the 10-speed gave me some weird bucking issues at low speed if I got off and on the gas (like sitting in traffic).  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

Yo sobes did you see cleetus new vid putting neighbour on the dyno? James’ 3hp shot of nitrous is probably one of the funniest moments of the channel so far! 

Hahaha no haven't seen it yet! Going to watch now 

Lmao, while watching that long *** video, I stumbled across a Facebook post from 1320 Video with embarrassing pictures of various 1320 staff when they were younger, captioned with a name.  

They dropped this one last, with no caption!  I lost it for like 2 minutes 

IMG_4972.PNG

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Enigma_Machine said:

hahaha i had to go look it up to see the comments, one of them was “he’s probably only 7ft tall in this picture”

lmao I saw that one

On 11/16/2018 at 11:15 PM, Enigma_Machine said:

Yo sobes did you see cleetus new vid putting neighbour on the dyno? James’ 3hp shot of nitrous is probably one of the funniest moments of the channel so far! 

lol that 3 hp shot resulted in the thing throwing a rod

• Haha 1

Hey Enigma, did you see this crash?  Miracle nobody was killed.  Throttle must have been stuck or something, I can't see that being all driver error, she was coming in hot

Apparently she was going 170+

• Like 2

I did see that crash, it's insane! In a scary way. Everyone's lucky it came in at only that angle. It looks like there's a balcony full of people directly above it and it looked like it had enough pace to reach them if it hit something that shot it upwards just the wrong way. Very lucky. 

Also, I saw cleetus new vid, it came up in my recommendations and i just chuckled when I saw the title & thumbnail smh!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Hey Enigma, did you see this crash?  Miracle nobody was killed.  Throttle must have been stuck or something, I can't see that being all driver error, she was coming in hot

she hit 2 cars to get airborne right? the down force on them cars is borderline stopping them becoming planes it seems 😂

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, crangs said:

she hit 2 cars to get airborne right? the down force on them cars is borderline stopping them becoming planes it seems 😂

it looks like she's going backwards coming into the corner! I wonder if that played a part in it getting airborne at all. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Enigma_Machine said:

it looks like she's going backwards coming into the corner! I wonder if that played a part in it getting airborne at all. 

wouldn't be surprised.  Wonder if any of the photographers she hit actually got good footage of the shunt that caused it

• Like 1

She's one lucky lady to be alive. 

Reminded me of that Merc that did a backwards somersault at Le Mans a few years back. 

Also...lol @cars in 2018!! For the first time in 24 years I don't own one 😣

• Like 2

On 11/25/2018 at 7:56 AM, sobercuban said:

Horrible .... she was just in that video on Cleetus' channel when he went to go look at the jet engines

https://autoweek.com/article/other-motorsports/jet-car-racer-kat-moller-loved-going-fast-dies-crash-24

Just saw this post earlier and had to look it up again, apparently there are two girls working there named 'kat' and the one in the video isn't the one  who died.. still pretty devastating though. 

• Like 1

Took my mazda 3 into the shop today due to check engine light and AT light flashing.....................hadnt noticed any transmission issues.

My stupid POS mechanic never told me the tranny fluid needed changing.....I check it today and its brown as fook......

I think my life is ruined now.

Another detail: I told Mazda dealership shop to change the fluid....they recommended me not to because that will "loosen" everything up and really fook up the transmission.

9 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

Just saw this post earlier and had to look it up again, apparently there are two girls working there named 'kat' and the one in the video isn't the one  who died.. still pretty devastating though. 

Damn, you're right.  I just remembered "pretty girl" and figured it'd have to be the same

2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Took my mazda 3 into the shop today due to check engine light and AT light flashing.....................hadnt noticed any transmission issues.

My stupid POS mechanic never told me the tranny fluid needed changing.....I check it today and its brown as fook......

I think my life is ruined now.

Another detail: I told Mazda dealership shop to change the fluid....they recommended me not to because that will "loosen" everything up and really fook up the transmission.

I had a mazda 6 that was the same way, the bold is what they told me too.  

20 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

I had a mazda 6 that was the same way, the bold is what they told me too.  

Did you beleive them or was it B.S?

Thinking of just disabling check engine light and selling it off.

1 minute ago, VertFTW said:

Yeah it made sense to me

What year is it?  I'd say ditch it ASAP.  I blew the motor in mine maybe 15k miles later.  

Just now, sobercuban said:

Yeah it made sense to me

What year is it?  I'd say ditch it ASAP.  I blew the motor in mine maybe 15k miles later.  

Im gonna ditch it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

He's probably right not to change it at this point and honestly most people never change their transmission fluid and the vehicle runs fine. There has to be a reason for the blinking light though, what did they recommend?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

He's probably right not to change it at this point and honestly most people never change their transmission fluid and the vehicle runs fine. There has to be a reason for the blinking light though, what did they recommend?

They said TCM module needs replacing....700 bucks approx

Man you can get a TCM for like $200 and do it yourself.  You might have to pay a core charge or something and return the old one to the company that sends you the new or remanufactured one 

Double check the TCM location but if it's anything like the 2006-2009 location it shouldn't be hard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Man you can get a TCM for like $200 and do it yourself.  You might have to pay a core charge or something and return the old one to the company that sends you the new or remanufactured one 

Double check the TCM location but if it's anything like the 2006-2009 location it shouldn't be hard

good post, yeah no chance I was going to leave my car with those scammers at the dealership. lol

Felt scammed enough having to pay 50 bucks for diagnostics.

4 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

This

Even if you don't have any mechanical knowledge it's most likely something you can fix yourself if you can find instructions or a YouTube video

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Watched the vid....seems easy but that explanation was terrible lol he didnt even show how he unplugged/plugged the modules....

Also he bought the wrong one lol who knows if it will work right.

4 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Watched the vid....seems easy but that explanation was terrible lol he didnt even show how he unplugged/plugged the modules....

Also he bought the wrong one lol who knows if it will work right.

Unplugging **** isn't exactly rocket science 

47 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Unplugging **** isn't exactly rocket science 

For me the unscrewing and plugging unplugging is prob the most critical part of changing the TCM module and he skips over all of it LOL.....stupid retarded idiot that guy is.

Ill need to take out the module before I try to buy it online...no way im going to risk buying the wrong one lol

• Like 1

I find if people skip over chit in a how to video it's because when you're there doing it these things are super obvious and impossible to frick up. Unfortunately for us normies trying to learn off some dude rambling to his gopro it's hard to get an idea of everything involved and it can seem daunting. Just give it a go and you'll probably roll your eyes at how simple it is. 

On another note, driving around with the new trans / clutch setup. It's super clunky rattly, and sometimes really hard/rough to shift. Unfortunately I have no idea if it's my amateur clutch install or the 2nd hand gearbox... but I followed the clutch install instructions to the goddamn letter. What I do know is to test the clutch for disengagement is to keep the clutch pressed to the floor, in gear, and rev it up. If it moves forwards there's problems. It doesn't do this at all. However... it doesn't stall in gear at idle. It just rolls forwards slightly. I don't know if it's the sweet sweet v8 torque forcing it forwards or if it's minor clutch grab allowing it to keep revs... gah. I really don't want to have to pull this transmission out again.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 8:26 PM, VertFTW said:

For me the unscrewing and plugging unplugging is prob the most critical part of changing the TCM module and he skips over all of it LOL.....stupid retarded idiot that guy is.

Ill need to take out the module before I try to buy it online...no way im going to risk buying the wrong one lol

UPDATE

Got my car fixed yesterday after I took it to a computer specialty car shop. Didnt have to replace the TCM module after all...they were able to "refurbish" it for 140 bucks.

Im probably not gonna change the tanny fluid and use it for about another year then unload to someone else and get a Honda.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

UPDATE

Got my car fixed yesterday after I took it to a computer specialty car shop. Didnt have to replace the TCM module after all...they were able to "refurbish" it for 140 bucks.

Im probably not gonna change the tanny fluid and use it for about another year then unload to someone else and get a Honda.

Yeah unload it as soon as possible.

My tranny in my old Mazda 6 was fuked, but I limped it 2 more years, before I had major valve train failures at which point it was no longer worth fixing.  

So be AS concerned about the engine as the tranny 

Dark times. Wife just got hit and run by an 18 year old with no insurance last week. My Mustang just got backed into by a lady with no insurance.

Her and her family got out of the car and started cussing at me calling a fooking idiot and that i was speeding through the parking lot. Somebody ran up and said they witnessed it and told the officer what happened and they changed their tune pretty quick saying her husband had stage 4 cancer.

My heart is too big and told the officer not to write them the $800 ticket if they would just help me out with some of the cost. Some body damage, popped my tire, and brake is squeeking now. Pray4me.

Edited by TUF
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TUF said:

Dark times. Wife just got hit and run by an 18 year old with no insurance last week. My Mustang just got backed into by a lady with no insurance.

Her and her family got out of the car and started cussing at me calling a fooking idiot and that i was speeding through the parking lot. Somebody ran up and said they witnessed it and told the officer what happened and they changed their tune pretty quick saying her husband had stage 4 cancer.

My heart is too big and told the officer not to write them the $800 ticket if they would just help me out with some of the cost. Some body damage, popped my tire, and brake is squeeking now. Pray4me.

I got the front end of our Fusion smashed into and bumper ripped off by some bitсh with no insurance.  I was STATIONARY in the Wendy's drive thru and this idiot tried to turn around in the most retarded way possible and I see her coming, lay on the horn, she sees me, but keeps coming, she screams BUT STILL DOESN"T HIT THE BRAKES. SMASH.  

сunt worked at that Wendy's too, and stopped showing up after I got hit.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/21/2018 at 3:10 PM, sobercuban said:

What wanker did they put in this Cobra Jet??

(Should start at correct time)

that might be the farthest distance ive ever seen a ford travel without falling to pieces.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 9:48 PM, sobercuban said:

I got the front end of our Fusion smashed into and bumper ripped off by some bitсh with no insurance.  I was STATIONARY in the Wendy's drive thru and this idiot tried to turn around in the most retarded way possible and I see her coming, lay on the horn, she sees me, but keeps coming, she screams BUT STILL DOESN"T HIT THE BRAKES. SMASH.  

сunt worked at that Wendy's too, and stopped showing up after I got hit.  

my condolences to your ford. not even moving and it falls into pieces.

On 11/20/2018 at 3:33 PM, sobercuban said:

god damn. that car crashed harder than james toney's MMA career.  lol wimmen drivers. if only her driving skills were as good as her sandwich preperation.

how the hell did she even survive that?  and now shes gonna continue racing after that too. what the hell was she even doing out of the kitchen?   if that happened to me and i somehow survived, the only thing i would want to do is unbuckle my seatbelt and have a couple more beers.

Edited by -idyb-

On 12/21/2018 at 5:45 PM, sobercuban said:

Yeah unload it as soon as possible.

My tranny in my old Mazda 6 was fuked, but I limped it 2 more years, before I had major valve train failures at which point it was no longer worth fixing.  

So be AS concerned about the engine as the tranny 

Update

After a couple of days check engine light is back along with flashing AT light. Lol🤦‍♂️🤣🤨😫😖🤪😡😰🤔💸💸💸💸💸

Worse part is mechanics will be on break over christmas lol

• Like 1

49658176_10157097172612112_8588270292172

1320video posted the meme on facebook and the top comment was "I get it now, because he lost control, jumped over the fence and into a crowd of people?" 

LMFAO

• Like 1