storm22

My official car thread

1 hour ago, Enigma_Machine said:

That’s a holden gemini

ahh cool, for some reason I thought it was a Toyota Corona Mark 2, my pops used to have one

420px-CORONA_MARK2_1ST.jpg

Sobes My sister learned to drive in a corona! She took me rally driving in it when we were early teenagers. 😂 How’s your mustang going mate?

BTW that el camino is going to be a serious piece of machinery. I can see them having a lot of teething problems. Even if both engines work flawlessly, it’s going to take a lot for him to control both on his way to a deep 7/6/5 or whatever! 😮🤩🤪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

Sobes My sister learned to drive in a corona! She took me rally driving in it when we were early teenagers. 😂 How’s your mustang going mate?

BTW that el camino is going to be a serious piece of machinery. I can see them having a lot of teething problems. Even if both engines work flawlessly, it’s going to take a lot for him to control both on his way to a deep 7/6/5 or whatever! 😮🤩🤪

That thing was a beast! My dad sold it when we moved back from Puerto Rico because he didn't want to pay for shipping again and actually got far more than he would have stateside.  You WANT a old beater there, new cars get stolen, drivers get carjacked, traffic is always ****ed and you have to regularly drive on the shoulder.  

Mustang is static right now.  I was having to daily it for a few weeks until we could get my wife's car sorted, now it's just sitting, it's 40 miles overdue for an oil change so I'll probably take it this weekend.  Still running the same setup.  If we hadn't paid nearly $4000 for a transmission rebuild and some other repairs for my wifes car, and $1100-ish at the body shop to get MY normal vehicle repaired from my wife crashing it while her car was in the shop.  Repairs were $5400, insurance sent a check for $4350.  I would have purchases a wheels and tires package, done control arms, shocks and springs, maybe drop it a couple of inches.  Would have probably bought a top end kit but I wouldn't have had enough money to install it yet, not until late summer.  But whatever, we won't have those expenses next year so I can spend.  Would like to get 280-320 rwhp naturally aspirated on stock bottom end and stock AOD.  If the AOD ****s the bed I'm going to put a C4 or a 4r70w transmission in, with a stall and all that jazz.  Then once I'm done with school in a couple of years and get a job again, then I'm considering doing a 331-stroker w/ a single turbo.  Would like to get mid 10s as an early goal.  

Cleetus is for sure going to go 200+ pretty quickly, maybe even in the first 5-10 passes, then yeah, low 6, high 5.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sobercuban said:

That thing was a beast! My dad sold it when we moved back from Puerto Rico because he didn't want to pay for shipping again and actually got far more than he would have stateside.  You WANT a old beater there, new cars get stolen, drivers get carjacked, traffic is always ****ed and you have to regularly drive on the shoulder.  

Mustang is static right now.  I was having to daily it for a few weeks until we could get my wife's car sorted, now it's just sitting, it's 40 miles overdue for an oil change so I'll probably take it this weekend.  Still running the same setup.  If we hadn't paid nearly $4000 for a transmission rebuild and some other repairs for my wifes car, and $1100-ish at the body shop to get MY normal vehicle repaired from my wife crashing it while her car was in the shop.  Repairs were $5400, insurance sent a check for $4350.  I would have purchases a wheels and tires package, done control arms, shocks and springs, maybe drop it a couple of inches.  Would have probably bought a top end kit but I wouldn't have had enough money to install it yet, not until late summer.  But whatever, we won't have those expenses next year so I can spend.  Would like to get 280-320 rwhp naturally aspirated on stock bottom end and stock AOD.  If the AOD ****s the bed I'm going to put a C4 or a 4r70w transmission in, with a stall and all that jazz.  Then once I'm done with school in a couple of years and get a job again, then I'm considering doing a 331-stroker w/ a single turbo.  Would like to get mid 10s as an early goal.  

Cleetus is for sure going to go 200+ pretty quickly, maybe even in the first 5-10 passes, then yeah, low 6, high 5.

😮😎siiiiiick!!

Sucks though that so much "unnecessary" money has to be spent on car repairs/maintenance hey! As much fun as I'm having with the manual transmission, I was perfectly fine with the auto and I could have built the engine to run near 500hp NA with that transmission swap money..

• Like 1

Took the car to the drags and it was so damn busy + a random shower of rain + someone’s rear window came off and shattered all over the track at 200+kph so I only got two runs in! 

Both were super conservative. First run was a 12.8 @ 126, only using nitrous in 3rd and 4th.

Second run was a very poor attempt at a full pass 😂 Ran 11.9 @ 125... It lost all power for some reason on the 3-4 shift. But it was 11mph faster in the eighth! If that 11mph difference translates to the 1/4 that’s 137mph!

• Like 2

Just signed the paper work for this beauty. My first truck. All that's left to do is sticker it up in matching Cubs decals to piss off all my Cardinals/Twins fan friends and family. 

f24b4de510c2fc1a04a3242b66411a17x.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, TUF said:

Just signed the paper work for this beauty. My first truck. All that's left to do is sticker it up in matching Cubs decals to piss off all my Cardinals/Twins fan friends and family. 

A Ford, good man!

Everytime Ford emails me with some contest to win an F-150 or an F-250 I jump all over that ****.  I've been living in the country for so long I want a truck.  I thought about buying my buddy's old Ford Ranger back last year before I ended up getting the Caddy.  Same buddy has a 2014 F-250 with the 6.7 liter in it, he's just done some minor modifications and that ****er will MOVE (as well as an 8000 lb truck can).  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

A Ford, good man!

Everytime Ford emails me with some contest to win an F-150 or an F-250 I jump all over that ****.  I've been living in the country for so long I want a truck.  I thought about buying my buddy's old Ford Ranger back last year before I ended up getting the Caddy.  Same buddy has a 2014 F-250 with the 6.7 liter in it, he's just done some minor modifications and that ****er will MOVE (as well as an 8000 lb truck can).  

Yea been selling Ford's for a couple years now. Was never too impartial to any makes/models until then and now my last 4 vehicles have been Fords. @Bubba_Sparks just liked my comment so I'm sure he'll have some data to back up the correlation between my weight gain and growing loyalty to Fords. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, TUF said:

Yea been selling Ford's for a couple years now. Was never too impartial to any makes/models until then and now my last 4 vehicles have been Fords. @Bubba_Sparks just liked my comment so I'm sure he'll have some data to back up the correlation between my weight gain and growing loyalty to Fords. 

I feel like the biggest redneck anyway with my Foxbody sitting in the driveway, definitely not afraid to go further down that hole.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TUF said:

And maybe a matching Chelsea sticker to piss off my lowly Liverpool fans. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TUF said:

I wish I could like and dislike a post. Want to like for buying a pickup, and dislike for trying to piss off twins fans. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

After owning GM all of my life I switched to a '16 Ram last year. I was unsure about owning a pickup but it's so convenient. 

I was trying to find a Blue color like you have but my friend went and bought one first. I think I posted a '14 on here that I thought I was going to buy but ended up with this one.

Xt9XNUO.png

Which engine did you get?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

After owning GM all of my life I switched to a '16 Ram last year. I was unsure about owning a pickup but it's so convenient. 

I was trying to find a Blue color like you have but my friend went and bought one first. I think I posted a '14 on here that I thought I was going to buy but ended up with this one.

Xt9XNUO.png

Which engine did you get?

Thats slick. Was going to be black but will be moving to gravel soon. Its a 5.4 L V8. Those have a hemi in them yea? If i didnt work for Ford, i would have bought a RAM.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TUF said:

Thats slick. Was going to be black but will be moving to gravel soon. Its a 5.4 L V8. Those have a hemi in them yea? If i didnt work for Ford, i would have bought a RAM.

Yeah, It has the hemi. That 5.4 is nice too. All pickups these days are pretty reliable so it's more about what you want. I was shopping for both Ford and GM too, I just happened to find a good price on that Ram before the others and it was only 3 blocks from my place. 

• Like 1