The only problem is that upping the jet size is a constant temptation. 🤣😂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

a sneaky 50 shot wouldn't go astray 😉😆

^this

just run a hole in the intake and spray a dry shot

• Like 1

Mike added a Ford to the garage

It's a 2012 with like 2000 miles on it, it doesn't have 663 hp like the 2013/2014 GT500s but still has a respectable 540.  I think 5.4 liter vs 5.8 in the 13/14s

I'm telling you, I win $20 million or something, I'm getting a Hurican and dropping it off at Underground racing and get it up to 1200 on pump -1500awhp on E85.  Then I could just be good.  An 8 second car that is capable of mid 200's.  Could probably get it done for under $700,000 including the cost of the Hurican with nice specs

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sobercuban said:

I'm telling you, I win $20 million or something, I'm getting a Hurican and dropping it off at Underground racing and get it up to 1200 on pump -1500awhp on E85.  Then I could just be good.  An 8 second car that is capable of mid 200's.  Could probably get it done for under $700,000 including the cost of the Hurican with nice specs

Man it would be nice to own a machine like that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

so... quick update. 

Sunday just gone I got a high flow high volume oil pump, replaced the valley plate, and using thick oil... 

it holds pressure and temperature! Barely. It's definitely hurt because it's consistently a fair bit hotter in all situations then it used to be and it's making a bunch of subtle yet nonetheless present  metal on metal ticking noises. I'm driving it daily but it feels down on power. Could be a symptom of a spun cam bearing causing friction in the rotating assembly. The tricky thing about cam bearings is one can start burning up but not make any noise because the other bearings keep the cam positioned correctly unlike a rod bearing which will let you know!  

Ended up driving it 2 hrs down the highway to pick up a 2nd hand ls3 & tr6060 combo for a reasonable price (by our aussie market's standards). I'm hoping to sell the 6 speed to make back a fair bit of that money. All the wiring, sensors, accessories etc are basically swap over so I'm pretty confident I could have a nice healthy ls3 in the car by the end of the weekend! After I get the car back up and running I'll probably completely strip down the 6.0 and see what damage I've done. If it's salvageable I'll put a set of forgies in it, put it some chitbox and spray it to the moon! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

so... quick update. 

Sunday just gone I got a high flow high volume oil pump, replaced the valley plate, and using thick oil... 

it holds pressure and temperature! Barely. It's definitely hurt because it's consistently a fair bit hotter in all situations then it used to be and it's making a bunch of subtle yet nonetheless present  metal on metal ticking noises. I'm driving it daily but it feels down on power. Could be a symptom of a spun cam bearing causing friction in the rotating assembly. The tricky thing about cam bearings is one can start burning up but not make any noise because the other bearings keep the cam positioned correctly unlike a rod bearing which will let you know!  

Ended up driving it 2 hrs down the highway to pick up a 2nd hand ls3 & tr6060 combo for a reasonable price (by our aussie market's standards). I'm hoping to sell the 6 speed to make back a fair bit of that money. All the wiring, sensors, accessories etc are basically swap over so I'm pretty confident I could have a nice healthy ls3 in the car by the end of the weekend! After I get the car back up and running I'll probably completely strip down the 6.0 and see what damage I've done. If it's salvageable I'll put a set of forgies in it, put it some chitbox and spray it to the moon! 

Beast mode!

What's the temp like in July there? degrees Celsius is fine, I can mult by 9/5 and add 32 myself

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Beast mode!

What's the temp like in July there? degrees Celsius is fine, I can mult by 9/5 and add 32 myself

It fluctuates from just under 10 deg celsius to just over 20. I've noticed over the years even though the winter months are supposed to be june - july - august, it's actually august & september that are the coldest months here. It can get below 0 celsius at night in those months.

Regardless, even in the coldest winter day if there's no breeze when the sun's out it usually radiates a pleasant warmth and is great weather for outdoor activities!

Downside is in summer we can literally die of heat stroke.   

• Thanks 1

Quick update boiz!

Waiting on the pilot bearing for the tranny spigot (no not that kind of tranny sobes 😉) that's literally all I need to swap the engine in. I'll leave the ls3 completely standard for now just to see how it runs before I go modifying it.

I already have a big AF cam sitting there waiting to go in & with the nitrous on top of that it's going to be a powerhouse! I have another project car I'm working on. Once that's on the road I'll put the cam in the ls3.

Plan is to ping pong between the two builds. One's racing while the other's being worked on. Can't wait to actually start making progress! It's been way too long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love how hire companies work.... have ended up with 15 days to kill in America so hired a car. Was quoted  ~ $1600 by 3 companies for an intermediate sedan. 

Avis would do it for $1000 as they had an offer on. Went to pick the car up, was offered a Kia something or a Hyundai Alcantra... enquired about a mustang... usual price would be $3500, they gave me an upgrade for $25 a day. So for $225 less than everyone else would charge for a Kia, I get a mustang for a fortnight. Happy days!

It's not a v8 though 😣

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I love how hire companies work.... have ended up with 15 days to kill in America so hired a car. Was quoted  ~ $1600 by 3 companies for an intermediate sedan. 

Avis would do it for $1000 as they had an offer on. Went to pick the car up, was offered a Kia something or a Hyundai Alcantra... enquired about a mustang... usual price would be $3500, they gave me an upgrade for $25 a day. So for $225 less than everyone else would charge for a Kia, I get a mustang for a fortnight. Happy days!

It's not a v8 though 😣

Yeah it should be the 4-cylinder turbocharged Ecoboost motor.  I've driven a 2018

ran up on a 2002 SS Camaro on the skreets...was super pumped b/c i've been wanting to run one and his license plate was "HaulinSS"...ran up on side of him, down shifted and looked over at him...was an OOOOOOLD dude who could barely see and was doing like 30 in a 40mph...so lame...gave him an exhaust note and he didn't even budge...probably couldnt hear either

• Haha 1

Also just got my insurance renewal sure these folks must be having a laugh they've only dropped it from £700 to £632

Just checked on that compare the market and got offered a quote for £290

• Sad 1