storm22

My official car thread

£1MILLION supercar wipe-out: Terrifying moment 'boy racer' wrecks luxury vehicles including one woman's McLaren, Porsche AND Bentley after losing control outside multi-million pound homes in Chelsea

Image result for hang him gif

Edited by Jolldan

5 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

What the hell happened to streetspeed717’s modded 720s? 

last I heard he had an oil leak at a half mile event or something

no clue...never subd to his channel...couldn't stand him

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 4:27 AM, Enigma_Machine said:

What the hell happened to streetspeed717’s modded 720s? 

last I heard he had an oil leak at a half mile event or something

SOLD, unfortunately ..... which is so stupid considering he just made it a 900 hp monster... There might have been more damage than he let on.  

Pretty sure that's why he bought the ZR1 and the GT500.  The Grandpa corvette is a MONSTER 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, sobercuban said:

SOLD, unfortunately ..... which is so stupid considering he just made it a 900 hp monster... There might have been more damage than he let on.  

Pretty sure that's why he bought the ZR1 and the GT500.  The Grandpa corvette is a MONSTER 

I had a feeling he’d done more then simply popped an oil hose or whatever was claimed. I noticed that grandpa made like 1200hp! Is it auto?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

I had a feeling he’d done more then simply popped an oil hose or whatever was claimed. I noticed that grandpa made like 1200hp! Is it auto?

Yeah man, it ran 8.1 or something nutty during the first couple of passes.  It's a 7 second car AFAIK

• Thanks 1

Debating another trip to Italy and the Ferrari, Lamborghini and Pagani museum's are all close to the area im going. 

Thought it might be cool to potentially rent a supercar, to have just 30 mins in a Lamborghini Huracan Spyder is 370 euros. 

Image result for faint from price gif

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Debating another trip to Italy and the Ferrari, Lamborghini and Pagani museum's are all close to the area im going. 

Thought it might be cool to potentially rent a supercar, to have just 30 mins in a Lamborghini Huracan Spyder is 370 euros. 

Image result for faint from price gif

Nice! Honestly if I really liked lambos I'd do it one time for a formal occasion or something... but renting exotics on the gold coast is so unrealistically expensive. It's something like $4500 + $7000 security deposit to rent an audi r8 for the weekend and last time I checked a maximum of 80kms allowed before extra fees per km apply! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Yeah man, it ran 8.1 or something nutty during the first couple of passes.  It's a 7 second car AFAIK

Jeezus christ! That kind of talk makes me wonder how leroy would go with an auto

2 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

Nice! Honestly if I really liked lambos I'd do it one time for a formal occasion or something... but renting exotics on the gold coast is so unrealistically expensive. It's something like $4500 + $7000 security deposit to rent an audi r8 for the weekend and last time I checked a maximum of 80kms allowed before extra fees per km apply! 

That is fooking insane lol you would be as well just buying an old Impreza or Evo that has been that has been modded to the high heavens and run that thing in to the ground, would probably still be cheaper than that😂

3 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

.... u only live once !

cesare-attolini-storia2-1.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

I was going to rent a GTR for the day once, but it was $8000 security deposit plus I would have to call my car insurance and temporarily up my rates or something

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

um................

W

H

A

T

I know ... we're looking at buying a house within the next 2 months.  My wife would never ask me to sell it but I just think I'd rather be able to buy new furniture to go in the new house and have a safety buffer to invest, than have a car that's going to cost me AT LEAST $5000 to get kinda where I want, no power adder or anything for that $5000.  I don't NEED to sell it to get a house, or NEED to sell it at all, so I'm going to be pretty firm on my price and am not going to sell it to anyone who is going to trash it or tub the rear and turn it into a drag car

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

I know ... we're looking at buying a house within the next 2 months.  My wife would never ask me to sell it but I just think I'd rather be able to buy new furniture to go in the new house and have a safety buffer to invest, than have a car that's going to cost me AT LEAST $5000 to get kinda where I want, no power adder or anything for that $5000.  I don't NEED to sell it to get a house, or NEED to sell it at all, so I'm going to be pretty firm on my price and am not going to sell it to anyone who is going to trash it or tub the rear and turn it into a drag car

i'd sell it then...sounds like the right decision...cars are always available...and once bitcoin moons, you'll be looking into lambos anyway haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sobercuban said:

How dare you be so mature and rational!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

i'd sell it then...sounds like the right decision...cars are always available...and once bitcoin moons, you'll be looking into lambos anyway haha

Wife has promised that I can buy another hotrod before I knock her up.  I'll just have to do without for about 2 years.  I haven't driven the car but like twice since late June, the longer I leave it outside the quicker it's going to die. Probably best to cut loose, going to see if I can get the A/C fixed for a reasonable amount, 90% of the system is brand new, lines, compressor, etc, just whatever piece is behind the dash is what I haven't replaced.  I don't even think that's the problem, just need to get the leak checked.  

I'm sure working A/C would make the difference between $7000 or $8000+, just need to make sure it's worth it.  Will definitely sell before it starts to cool off outside so the A/C seems like such a bonus.  

23 minutes ago, Enigma_Machine said:

How dare you be so mature and rational!

I know ..... it was actually liberating.  It came to me while I was high as a kite over at my buddy's.  We've been looking at a house in his neighborhood, so he's all excited.  We were talking and it just came to me "I should sell the Mustang, shouldn't I?"  He frowned but agreed, he knows how much I love the car and he's a lifelong Ford fan that's had several foxbodys in the past. 

It's good because I can be picky with what deal I accept and who I sell it to. I want to put it in a home where I might be able to buy it back some day.  If I hold out until I get a job I'm going to buy a 2015+ Coyote or possible a 2013-2014.   That way for the amount I was going to have to put in to the Mustang I'd be able to get like 800rwhp with a Twin Turbo kit on it.  I just want to be able to run high 9's.  

Going to go automatic if I do that though, I just want to go fast as quickly as possible, I love a manual car but I want a car to drag race.  

• Like 2

The best/worst thing about cars is the sentimental attachment that goes along with them as more and more memories are made. The thing is i guess that if it's no longer of any use besides that sentimental feeling then really it's ok to let it move on to someone who will appreciate it, because that sentimental feeling doesn't go with the car, it stays with you. It's easier to let go if there's a different memory maker in the horizon  be it wife/kids, growing a career or business... or a different car etc. 

Reading this back makes me seem like I'm talking about losing a best friend or something lmfao

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Enigma_Machine said:

Reading this back makes me seem like I'm talking about losing a best friend or something lmfao

My best friend for 20yrs was a 1968 Roadrunner w/ a v-gate and a bonzai rear, .. I felt deplorable after I sold it, .. like I committed treason .

4 engines, 3 trannys, 3 rears, 3 CD players, .. 4261 Royal Pine air fresheners - my eyes are watering now .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

The best/worst thing about cars is the sentimental attachment that goes along with them as more and more memories are made. The thing is i guess that if it's no longer of any use besides that sentimental feeling then really it's ok to let it move on to someone who will appreciate it, because that sentimental feeling doesn't go with the car, it stays with you. It's easier to let go if there's a different memory maker in the horizon  be it wife/kids, growing a career or business... or a different car etc. 

No lie I got misty-eyed reading this.  It's definitely the car guy curse.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, sobercuban said:

No lie I got misty-eyed reading this.  It's definitely the car guy curse.  

Funnily enough I just realised I've never sold a car. Not like I was unaware of that fact, but never really noted it or made a big deal of it. 

Also been driving the LS3 around the past four days. It's oh so silky smooth! & I'm really loving the extra low down torque! It makes the super lightweight flywheel just that little bit easier to manage. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2019 at 7:55 PM, Enigma_Machine said:

i kinda miss my old hatchback. i could load alot of dead hookers in the back with ease. the first car i learned how to drink and drive in. and i hotboxed that motherf*cker every lunch hour in high school. i paid more for all my aftermarket stereo components than i did to buy the car.

ahh i have alot of good memories in that one. i was sad to see old betsy go.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/9/2019 at 11:00 AM, sobercuban said:

furniture is gay, dude. 

cool car > furniture

Edited by Teemu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2017 at 1:13 PM, Teemu said:
On 6/16/2017 at 12:42 PM, sobercuban said:

What kind of Hyundai? Carmax cars are always in such good condition.

after all of the dealerships I went to during my search I didn't feel 1% as comfortable at any of them like I did at Carmax. Absolutely zero sales pressure from them and they just let me walk around the lot and test drive anything I wanted, and like you said all of their cars are in tip top shape! I paid 10.5k for this 2014 Hyundai Accent with 41k miles. Probably could have got it cheaper some place else I'm sure but I got a good APR percentage on my loan considering how small my credit history is, my apr from Carmax was only 8% where as other dealerships were trying to hape me with 15 fookin %!!!!! I put down $7000 so I'll have this paid off pretty soon though.

UPDATE: I totaled my hyundai accent about a year or so after I bought it lmao. luckily I nearly paid it off and my insurance gave me about 9k for the damages. I used the 9k for a down payment on a 2016 VW Jetta TSI. holy **** cars with turbo are VERY fun. Never thought I'd ever be into cars but after getting this new one I want something even faster.

Edited by Teemu
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Teemu said:

furniture is gay, dude. 

cool car > furniture

to hell with buying furniture. just take your subwoofers and box out of the car and use it as a coffee table like i do

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Teemu said:

UPDATE: I totaled my hyundai accent about a year or so after I bought it lmao. luckily I nearly paid it off and my insurance gave me about 9k for the damages. I used the 9k for a down payment on a 2016 VW Jetta TSI. holy **** cars with turbo are VERY fun. Never thought I'd ever be into cars but after getting this new one I want something even faster.

Welcome to the dark side, my friend!

• Like 1

Was looking at a red '66 before I bought my Hawkeye Mustang but this just rolled out on my dealership's lot and I might do something really stupid. It's a '68 and I wanted a hard top but it drives really smooth. 

V9TDJ5m.png

• Like 1

so I'm running an errand the other day and a chevy camaro 3rd gen (aka turd gen) comes up fast behind me (two lane road)...we his a stop light and his car is clearly Open Header with a massive Cam...sounds like a old truck, just very loud...long story short, he won't line up next to me and does a flyby as i'm stopped bc of the car in front of me....he'd have probably beat me tho b/c that thing sounded nasty.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

so I'm running an errand the other day and a chevy camaro 3rd gen (aka turd gen) comes up fast behind me (two lane road)...we his a stop light and his car is clearly Open Header with a massive Cam...sounds like a old truck, just very loud...long story short, he won't line up next to me and does a flyby as i'm stopped bc of the car in front of me....he'd have probably beat me tho b/c that thing sounded nasty.

There was a minty fresh red IROC Z on the main road buy our house yesterday.

• Like 1

Just now, sobercuban said:

There was a minty fresh red IROC Z on the main road buy our house yesterday.

this was like a 3rd gen straight out of the redneck trailer park...rusted up, brown/maroon color, faded black 10" cowl hood...i'm not sure how he sees when he drives...I didn't get a good look at the two guys in the turd gen...but they had mullets for sure.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

200k "Likes" = James Grows a Mullet

We already came through on getting Cleetus to commit longterm to a mullet grow.  

I'll do my part on this too.  

• Like 2