NWKnucklehead

The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzillians

Who's ready for this. Haven't been able to watch the others but will definitely be watching this one...any input on this one? Watched some of the tate and rousey. Big difference from what it uses to ve.

• Like 1

Interesting format.

Seems they're relying much more heavily on the managerial skills of the coaches. 

Each team having eight fighters that can be picked to fight any number of rounds at the coaches discretion. 

There are 3 rounds.

First four fights are worth 25 points to the winning team.

Next four fight are worth 50 points.

The following four are worth 100 points for a win.

The team with the most points after these 12 fights wins $200k.

The coaches can pick any of their team to fight in the finale as long as said fighter has fought at least twice in the regular season.

Finale winner earns $300k

Edited by Denizen

This season of tuf seems **** badass so far

Boca Raton might sweep the season tbh. ATT is a bunch of whiteboys

I almost liked your post until I noticed you had already obliged.

• Like 1

Have watched all of the TUF thus far, love love it!! This season seems very interesting and no doubt it will be good watching. But, I loved the fact there was always a possibility of anyone fighting anyone further down the line and then to be an actual finale. Now if either team gets a bunch of wins very early on then the show could be over before it ends. And there is no big coach fight at the end! I'll miss that. Anyway, I will watch and I'm sure it'll be good but I hope they go back to the old format next season!

I'm lost... was the "one big mistake" that "cost a team... everything" basically Uros Jurisic not listening to his coaches during the fight? If so, that's not very compelling.

These first two episodes haven't been very good. Nor have the fights.

• Like 1

Yeah it has been a let down. The house and training stuff is boring, the coaches drama is boring, and the fights have been boring. Hopefully the fights pick up and I can just fast forward though the house stuff.

• Like 1

Yeah it has been a let down. The house and training stuff is boring, the coaches drama is boring, and the fights have been boring. Hopefully the fights pick up and I can just fast forward though the house stuff.

i generally fast forward to to the fights every time

and this season i've fast fast forwarded through those as well

Edited by H.N.I.C.
  • Like 4

ATT is making bad decisions but so did the UFC with this setup. Steve was a last minute switch since their initial fighter wasn't ready. Then the only sauna was in the blackzilians side of the house. So he basically tried to cut weight without a sauna on short notice which would be a terrible experience.

The UFC should have had two separate places set up for them to cut weight and they also should have had an agreement in place for the fighters to use the facilities they were in just in case someone missed by a little bit. The drama about not letting him use the Blackzilians' sauna to finish his cut is a joke.

• Like 1

Agreed. Also ATT's tactics suck. I mean why the hell wouldn't you front load all your top guys to fight first so then they have a break... Then fight during the last 4 fights for the 100 points. You have to fight twice anyway. Putting your "wildcards" up front was stupid.

Yea I don't think this is working out the way it was planned. 

And just like on TufTalk.  Cruz was laying into Carl on how they can not be ready to make weight knowing you can fight at anytime. And I have to say he is right. 

And yes. ATT played this the wrong way. Having all of their maybe's go first was dumb. 

And yes. CARL sucks anyway. 

Worst season in TUF history where are they getting the lay n prayers at anyway? Can GYM's recruit from other than WRESTLING backgrounds for a change or what? Wrestling as a sport has no following for a reason lets just make it a main stay in MMA genius. Then you got the point fighter revolution thanks to winklecrackhouse MMA that's ruining MMA currently as well like boxing wasn't dead before the GAYWEATHER fight everyone regrets. ZUFFA better hire some non worthless college indoctrination stock fast before UFC turns into the next FEMALE roller derby league of the united states. https://youtu.be/42mKxWyehSM

Edited by PakaL
  • Like 1

That was a much better episode and much better fight. The show still needs more though. It kind of sucks that the head coaches are people I really don't care about. Even if I learn more about them, there's no climax to the story. AKA.. no fight.

They should have said 1 point for winning and 24 for finishing the figth. These fights have sucked major balls.

• Like 1

Thought the season would be good turns out different. It's so sucky i have it set to record and don't watch it live. That was weeks ago i am now to the point i will be un RECORDING it. 

Maybe focusing on GYMS is a bad idea or maybe not maybe it's just the 2 corny gyms that ruined it maybe not. 1 things for sure the show sucks.

• Like 1

I had high hopes for the Brazilian nutjob with the thousand yards stare to go fully mental and start tearing limbs off.

Disappointed once again.

Worst season of the ultimate fighter yet.

They need to discontinue this show cos it's gonna do more damage than good to UFC.

• Like 2

I had high hopes for the Brazilian nutjob with the thousand yards stare to go fully mental and start tearing limbs off.

Disappointed once again.

Worst season of the ultimate fighter yet.

They need to discontinue this show cos it's gonna do more damage than good to UFC.

Naw main they need to go back to the ROOTS of it all. LIVE along with unscripted ALPHA MALES doing their thing, no corn ball indoctrination additives needed. 

Pretty good episode last night. No wonder Coy is 36 and hasn't amounted to anything. He's not very good.

So its ATT - 50 and Blackzilions - 200... There are 5 fights left with one being worth 50 and the other 4 being worth 100. That means the only way ATT can win or tie is if they win at least 3 of the 100 point fights.

I wonder if they're gonna do the coaches challenge.

hopefully this gets cancelled

I'm kind of hoping it does, as well.

I don't think the UFC should be promoting euthanasia, which is what it is doing to its viewers who try to watch the fights and are bored to death.

Edited by NFL_FTW
  • Like 2

Pretty good episode last night. No wonder Coy is 36 and hasn't amounted to anything. He's not very good.

So its ATT - 50 and Blackzilions - 200... There are 5 fights left with one being worth 50 and the other 4 being worth 100. That means the only way ATT can win or tie is if they win at least 3 of the 100 point fights.

I wonder if they're gonna do the coaches challenge.

lol at Dan saying that Coy is the best wrestler there. If that's true then they have some **** wrestlers because his technique sucked.

• Like 3

That ref is horrible. Missed an obvious nut shot and then let graves take a beating for nearly 2 minutes.

Lol at Glenn crying doe

Yeah i've seen some bad reffing in my life and this was definately up there with the worst.

I honestly thought Graves had given up and was waiting for the ref to step in, I still think he had at one point given up. Credit to him in that he found an opportunity to turn it around.

Glenn....I think he's more  invested in his fighters than he should be and honestly question his motives for founding a gym. I don't doubt that he's a fan of MMA but I suspect he may also be a fan of young guys with strong physiques if you take my meaning.

I hope ATT take the final match.

Edited by Denizen
  • Like 2

Glenn....I think he's more  invested in his fighters than he should be and honestly question his motives for founding a gym. I don't doubt that he's a fan of MMA but I suspect he may also be a fan of young guys with strong physiques if you take my meaning.

I hope ATT take the final match.

Have you seen the film Foxcatcher?

He reminds me of the Head Coach way too much!

• Like 1

Have you seen the film Foxcatcher?

He reminds me of the Head Coach way too much!

Perfect comparison.

Good decision by two of the judges imo. Hayder is a beast to fight and cut weight 3 times in 16 days

Agree, Hayder is a beast and definately deserves a spot on the big show.

He took that 3rd round without a doubt in my eyes. I don't see how landing two takedowns can be considered enough to outscore the endless stream of jabs landed by Hassan.

All credit to Vincente though, he kept coming, showed great heart.

Excellent final fight, the best man of the season won.

• Like 1