BarbaricBob

Question about Weidman vs Belfort

Head kick, TRT, mullethawk Vitor was poised to smash Weidman, but the powers at be decided to put their thumbs on the scale and ban TRT just in time for his title fight against the golden boy, Weidman. As a result we all expect a slow, frail, and flabby Vitor to get mauled like a child in a tiger cage. The only wild card here is if somehow Vitor finds a way around the system and comes in as head kick, TRT, mullethawk, Vitor. If I were Vitor I would roid out, kick Weidman's head into the third row, and then take my post fight failure like a boss into retirement.

• Like 3

Sad but true. It's basically Velasquez vs Lesnar II

1 problem with that, Brock laid on his back crying and screaming to the ref to save his life like he was getting raped lol

I don;t much like Vnotrtor's chances - especially against a well rounded TD spammer like Big Frankie.

That said there is every possibility that he could lay Big Frankie out with one shot.

vitor has a chance there is no doubt about it, all depends what vitor shows up.

What vitor has is great power in his hands, fast and explosive with very good timing. Weidman is skilled everywhere but his standup is a little slow and flat footed. He likes to pressure and come forward and he may end up walking right into 1 of vitors punches. Weidman is most likely going to try to keep vitor on the mat, However vitor is harder to keep on the mat than anderson and whilst vitor doesnt have a very good gas tank, neither does weidman

Very good point tho.

Everybody is talking about Vitor but forgetting Weidmans gas tank didnt look impressive against Machida.

Very good point tho.

Everybody is talking about Vitor but forgetting Weidmans gas tank didnt look impressive against Machida.

In the 1st Silva fight Weidman didn't check leg kicks. His team addressed it and he checked almost every leg kick in their 2nd fight. So if his cardio wasn't up to par in the Machida fight, I'm sure it will be something they will improve on before his next fight.

Nobody knows IF he'll perform without TRT.

A cheaters gonna cheat.

Its axiomatic.. 

LMAO!! 

Fighters were winning EVEN being on TRT??? Thats news to me. 

Vitor was the ONLY one winning out of a whole roster of fighters. 

So I've been a fan of Vitor Belfort for a long time. That said, my question is this: why are so many people saying that he's not just going to win, but that Weidman barely has a chance? I mean, realistically I think this fight is gonna look a lot like Jones vs Belfort minus the early submission attempt from Vitor. Belfort clearly struggles with wrestlers (Ortiz, Couture, Jones, even Rumble was smashing him until he gassed) and Weidman has good BJJ as well. I feel like Weidman has many ways to finish this fight over the course of 5 rounds, whereas Belfort basically has to catch him with a flurry in the first 2 rounds. We've seen that he loses his explosiveness after the early rounds of the fight. Add in the fact that nobody knows how he'll perform without TRT. I'm hoping this is just the hate from seeing him smash Anderson and everyone just wants to see him lose rather than actually think it'll happen. As a Belfort fan I don't even want to see it. That's how bad I think Weidman beats him.

People are underestimating Vitor. As well as keep thinking of the 19yr old Vitor. 

Especially over wrestling. Vitor is light on his feet & is good at stuffing TD's. 

IMO, it seems that Weidman is already looking past Vitor:::: A.Johnson, Bisping, Rockhold, & Hendo. 

• Like 1

People are underestimating Vitor. As well as keep thinking of the 19yr old Vitor. 

Especially over wrestling. Vitor is light on his feet & is good at stuffing TD's. 

IMO, it seems that Weidman is already looking past Vitor:::: A.Johnson, Bisping, Rockhold, & Hendo. 

lol%2Blololol%2Bmeme%2Bgif.gif

• Like 3

In the 1st Silva fight Weidman didn't check leg kicks. His team addressed it and he checked almost every leg kick in their 2nd fight. So if his cardio wasn't up to par in the Machida fight, I'm sure it will be something they will improve on before his next fight.

I just dont know if cardio is something you can simply "fix" just like that tho. 

I just dont know if cardio is something you can simply "fix" just like that tho.

I never said they would "fix" it. I said it's something they will improve on. More focus on strength and conditioning.

I'm sorry but if an out of shape Rumble can take him down, Weidman can take him down.

Head kick, TRT, mullethawk Vitor was poised to smash Weidman, but the powers at be decided to put their thumbs on the scale and ban TRT just in time for his title fight against the golden boy, Weidman. As a result we all expect a slow, frail, and flabby Vitor to get mauled like a child in a tiger cage. The only wild card here is if somehow Vitor finds a way around the system and comes in as head kick, TRT, mullethawk, Vitor. If I were Vitor I would roid out, kick Weidman's head into the third row, and then take my post fight failure like a boss into retirement.

Vitor is still using PED's, he did for his entire career, he isn't going to stop just because that small loophole he used for 10% of his career is closed.

PED's didn't save Androsterone from getting straight REKT by WeidGOAT, it won't save Vitor either.

• Like 3

lol%2Blololol%2Bmeme%2Bgif.gif

You and I may disagree on 9/10 issues, but Spitsbing being a can is something we can all rally behind.

• Like 3

You and I may disagree on 9/10 issues, but Spitsbing being a can is something we can all rally behind.

I don't think it's funny to pick on the handicapped.

Bisping has one eye, you inconsiderate fools.

• Like 4

I don't think it's funny to pick on the handicapped.

Bisping has one eye, you inconsiderate fools.

Wonder if they'd let him fight with an eye patch? I mean Bendo gets to fight with a toothpick.

Agreed!

• Like 1

Yes, Vitor has often used PEDs, but he has fought some without them. There's a clear difference in mullethawk, head kick Vitor and the pre-mullethawk, head kick Vitor. You think it doesn't make a difference because Weidman will win either way. I submit to you, nay, the world that if Vitor can find a way to come into this fight in the same physical condition as his last several fights he can win in round one. I suspect he will not be able to come into this fight as full mullethawk, head kick Vitor, however, due to the new PED witch hunt targeting the UFC. A year or so ago Vitor would have decapitated Weidman with his shin. 

To sum all this up: Weidman don't want none of a 100% mullethawk, head kick Vitor. 

Yes, Vitor has often used PEDs, but he has fought some without them. There's a clear difference in mullethawk, head kick Vitor and the pre-mullethawk, head kick Vitor. You think it doesn't make a difference because Weidman will win either way. I submit to you, nay, the world that if Vitor can find a way to come into this fight in the same physical condition as his last several fights he can win in round one. I suspect he will not be able to come into this fight as full mullethawk, head kick Vitor, however, due to the new PED witch hunt targeting the UFC. A year or so ago Vitor would have decapitated Weidman with his shin.

To sum all this up: Weidman don't want none of a 100% mullethawk, head kick Vitor.

lol what an idiot you are.

• Like 1

Yes, Vitor has often used PEDs, but he has fought some without them. There's a clear difference in mullethawk, head kick Vitor and the pre-mullethawk, head kick Vitor. You think it doesn't make a difference because Weidman will win either way. I submit to you, nay, the world that if Vitor can find a way to come into this fight in the same physical condition as his last several fights he can win in round one. I suspect he will not be able to come into this fight as full mullethawk, head kick Vitor, however, due to the new PED witch hunt targeting the UFC. A year or so ago Vitor would have decapitated Weidman with his shin. 

lol1-657x245.jpg

• Like 3

Screen_shot_2012-02-10_at_11.25.26_PM.pn

• Like 3

You boys are in denial. Weidman doesn't win this fight if Nevada doesn't make that ruling. It's saved his ****.

Androsterone Silva couldn't roid enough to beat Weidman, neither could Vitor.

He's a washed up can.

Roided Silva and full mullethawk roided Vitor are not even close to the same thing. Vitor was a freaking wrecking ball in there his last several fights until the ruling. That Vitor would've beaten Anderson, too.

Roided Silva and full mullethawk roided Vitor are not even close to the same thing. Vitor was a freaking wrecking ball in there his last several fights until the ruling. That Vitor would've beaten Anderson, too.

lol now whose in denial?

Vitor is a can, and he quits anytime he gets pressured even slightly. He never had a prayer of winning this fight.

• Like 1

I'm not a Vitor super fan. I'm just telling the truth. As awesome as Weidman is I believe mullethawk Vitor could've took that strap.

You are absolutely a Vitor super fan, or just terribly uneducated on Chris Weidman.

Edited by Druncle_Polo
  • Like 1

I'm not a Vitor super fan. I'm just telling the truth. As awesome as Weidman is I believe mullethawk Vitor could've took that strap.

lol you're indignantly arguing how unfair it is that the commission isn't ignoring Vitors blatant history of roiding throughout his career as if it's something unfair that is costing him the title.

You are absolutely a super fan.

And by the way, you're wrong. He can shoot bull testosterone into his nut sack and he's still getting rekt!

• Like 1

He didn't quit while being pressured in his last several highlight KO wins. Hendo pressured him and got knocked out. Same with Rockhold and so on.

Once Weidman puts him on his back he'll wilt.

No, I'm arguing that the timing was unfair not only to Vitor, but to me and all the other good fight loving fans. We were robbed of a potentially awesome fight. Weidman, as fantastic as he is, benefitted from it greatly.  

lol you're indignantly arguing how unfair it is that the commission isn't ignoring Vitors blatant history of roiding throughout his career as if it's something unfair that is costing him the title.

You are absolutely a super fan.

And by the way, you're wrong. He can shoot bull testosterone into his nut sack and he's still getting rekt!

Agreed. Just based on their most recent performances, Weidman < Belfort with any haircut. Weidman beat Silva twice (while he may have been juiced, we don't know) and Machida fairly convincingly (yes Machida rallied back late, but Weidman still clearly won the fight). Belfort's only good wins in the last couple years are Rockhold and an out of shape Rumble who gassed 2 minutes into the fight. Other then that, you've got Bisping (lol) and a well past his prime Hendo. Being a Belfort fan myself, I don't get why others are trolling so hard. Edited by BarbaricBob
  • Like 1

Agreed. Just based on their most recent performances, Weidman < Belfort with any haircut. Weidman beat Silva twice (while he may have been juiced, we don't know) and Machida fairly convincingly (yes Machida rallied back late, but Weidman still clearly won the fight). Belfort's only good wins in the last couple years are Rockhold and an out of shape Rumble who gassed 2 minutes into the fight. Other then that, you've got Bisping (lol) and a well past his prime Hendo. Being a Belfort fan myself, I don't get why others are trolling so hard.

They've been drinking haterade since Weidman made them look stupid 3 times in a row picking against him/ he rekt their favorite fighter.

They're rooting for anyone against him.

He probably will wilt now. He's not going to be the same person. Weidman will be beating a shell of Vitor just for the namesake. However, let the history books put an asterisk beside that victory that notes he did NOT beat the same Vitor who KO'd his way to the title fight. It's a fact. It's like beating Larry Holmes but in 2011. Not the same.

He didn't quit while being pressured in his last several highlight KO wins. Hendo pressured him and got knocked out. Same with Rockhold and so on.

Come on man. Hendo had his back to the cage when he got KO'd. That isn't pressuring.

No he didn't. Hendo came forward and ate the uppercut. Then he ate the head kick and it's over.

Just rewatched it. And you're right. He only had his back to the cage when he ate the kick, which was after he got dropped with the initial punch that rocked him. Hendo was pressuring Belfort. But he also had his head down winging punches, which isn't something any pro fighter should be doing.

• Like 1