12er©

IDYB's Official Certified GSP Spam That Nobody Wants To Read 1.0 Thread

Hes got the money, he has the UFC legacy, why would he come back. Its tough fighting the #1 contender every time, this is also why I think people are too hard on Aldo.

All that is out there is other peoples opinion on what GSP is thinking which means nothing. Until he says something himself there is no story.

exactly. he faced every top contender that the ufc could throw at him, and he pushed their **** in.  theres nothing more for him to accomplish, unless the undertaker decides to compete against him at ufc 200.

Edited by idyb

Firas Zahabi is a GOAT Coach. GSP is the welterweight GOAT. No reason for him to return; there's nothing left for him to prove. Unless he wants to go to MW and beat Weidman just for ****s n' giggles, then retire champ vacating the belt again. I can dig it.

• Like 1

GSP is waiting to see when it would be safe for him to comeback lol

GSP and Andy had their golden years and nowadays GSP and Andy cant hang with the lions at 170 and 185, simple as that and it hurts less to accept.

GSP already lost to Hendricks and he would get demolished by Lawler and beat by Matt. Woodley and even Condit in a rematch.

I even think Wonder boy would beat him, no kidding

Edited by skillandpower
  • Like 1

http://www.lowkickmma.com/News/georges-st-pierre-hasnt-decided-if-hes-retired-or-not/

georges-st-pierre-ufc-1671.jpg

Georges St-Pierre Hasn’t Finished Deciding If He’s Retired Or Not

By Andy Ravens - Jul 20, 2015

Ever since former UFC welterweight champion GOAT St-Pierre decided to retire following his split-decision victory over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167, fans and media members have wanted to see Georgie GOAT return to the world-famous octagon.

After UFC 189 when Robbie Lawler defeated fellow Canadian Rory MacDonald in the co-main event of that pay-per-view event to make his first welterweight title defense, some speculated that GSP might return.

Also, the fact that the UFC has put in a new drug testing system, which GSP was for, it might have sparked an interest for him to return.

Former training partners and fellow UFC fighters have gone on record by claiming that he would return.

However, St-Pierre’s longtime coach Firas Zahabi was a guest on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour and stated that he would not be the one to pressure him to return.

“Well, you know, I haven’t talked to GOAT yet, but whatever he wants to do I’ll support him,” Zahabi said. “He’s the greatest welterweight of all time, so he can do whatever he wants. If he wants to get back in the game, that’s up to him. If he wants to stay out of the game, it’s up to him. There’s nothing to prove.”

When asked if he has been in contact with GSP, he revealed that he has but only by text message.

“It was just, ‘good job, good try, we’ll get back to it,’ and that’s it,” Zahabi said.

Zahabi would go on to explain that GOAT St. Pierre has no reason to return to MMA after everything he has done in his career that sparked a 25-2 pro-MMA record.

“There’s nothing for him to prove left,” he said. “For me, there’s nothing left to prove. So if he wants to do it, it’s out of pure, sheer enjoyment, for the kicks of it, for the adventure of it all. He’s given up so much of his time and energy in his life to do what he did, and now he’s enjoying his time as a retired champion…or a sabbatical if you want to call it, whatever you want to call it. And tomorrow if he calls me and says he wants to do another fight, I’ll be there for him. But I don’t want to be the guy who’s pressuring him.”

Following a twelve fight winning streak, GSP never said he was going to retire, but rather taking a break. A question of why doesn’t he just come out and say he’s retired is an interesting one. However, Zahabi feels that Georgie GOAT hasn’t decided and that’s why he hasn’t said anything.

“I don’t think he’s decided,” he said. “That’s the bottom line. He’s just getting some perspective. He’s trying new things in his life to see what he likes to do. He’s still a very young guy, and I don’t know if he’s going to find another interest or if he’s going to get bored with his day-to-day routine. Right now he’s shooting a few movies, let’s see how that goes.”

He scareddd to face a Metis!!

GSP already lost to Hendricks

did you even read the first paragraph of the article? what does it say?

GSP is waiting to see when it would be safe for him to comeback lol

GSP and Andy had their golden years and nowadays GSP and Andy cant hang with the lions at 170 and 185, simple as that and it hurts less to accept.

GSP already lost to Hendricks and he would get demolished by Lawler and beat by Matt. Woodley and even Condit in a rematch.

I even think Wonder boy would beat him, no kidding

No!! what you seen in Gsp was YEARS!!! Of dominating the next in line.Keep telling yourself he lost to Hendricks if it makes you feel better.What has Lawler or Hendricks really done ? Nothing compares save your breath you have been chocked out...

• Like 1

remember when gsp made hendricks tap out early in the fast round to a simple head choke and the ref clearly missed  seeing the tap?

i do. i wasnt the only one either. even sportsnet put out an article and video of it the next day.   clearly a tap.   tapping out is not a defensive technique to get out of a submission. ref should have been fired right then and there.  but its no biggie because it didnt change the winner of the fight and gsp still walked away as champ

Edited by idyb

Come back at Middleweight or do not come back at all.

The thought of GSP returning really fills me with dread rather that excitement.

Watching 25 minutes of George looking like he is trying to sexually molest other fighter while stopping them from escaping or doing any actual real work is not something I can say I miss.

He has a huge fan base so of course he would sell if he came back but please George no.

You've had your time of giving us boring 5 round decisions where we weren't sure at the end if he wanted the belt or a cigarette, just see if they'll give you another gig in a Marvel film and leave MMA alone.

• Like 2

There's something very Caitlyn Jenner about GSP's indecision.  One day he'll accept himself for who he is

• Like 1

Just because the ref stepped in. Dude didn't know what year it was after the fight.

And he can't kill Hendricks in 10 rounds because the ref.

Me he can't go a round with Shields because the ref.

and he gets choked out by Mayhem Miller because the ref.

Oh but he''ll kill GSP

because the ref

And he can't kill Hendricks in 10 rounds because the ref.

Me he can't go a round with Shields because the ref.

and he gets choked out by Mayhem Miller because the ref.

Oh but he''ll kill GSP

because the ref

Forum logic number 12B: Fighters never get better or worse and therefore fights from 6-10 years ago are every bit as relevant as two weeks ago.

Check.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 1

Forum logic number 12B: Fighters never get better or worse and therefore fights from 6-10 years ago are every bit as relevant as two weeks ago.

Check.

You forgot the part where the guy who loses gets better while the guy who wins stays the same or gets worse.

because that makes sense

You forgot the part where the guy who loses gets better while the guy who wins stays the same or gets worse.

because that makes sense

GSP lost to Matt Hughes.  Therefore by your logic he could never have come back and beaten Matt Hughes.  He must therefore have been roiding, or it was fixed or because the ref.

Lawler lost to Miller 10 years ago and yet you still frequently cite it as evidence that he is a can.

Your posts are oxymoronic non sequiters.  There is no more reasoning to be had.

• Like 2

GSP lost to Matt Hughes.  Therefore by your logic he could never have come back and beaten Matt Hughes.  He must therefore have been roiding, or it was fixed or because the ref.

Lawler lost to Miller 10 years ago and yet you still frequently cite it as evidence that he is a can.

Your posts are oxymoronic non sequiters.  There is no more reasoning to be had.

GSP lost to Hughes by getting caught early in his 8th career fight.

Lawler lost to Miller in his 16th fight. He had already been in and out f the UFC. He got mauled by a very tough fighter.

Lawler lost to Shields in his 20 something fight. He was a veteran fighter and did not win a second of the first round against Shields.He ate more good shot than he handed out then got pushed against the fence and submitted from a standing position. He did not belong in the same ring as Shields and said so himself.

your example of the GSP loss?

Not very good

GSP lost to Hughes by getting caught early in his 8th career fight.

Lawler lost to Miller in his 16th fight. He had already been in and out f the UFC. He got mauled by a very tough fighter.

Lawler lost to Shields in his 20 something fight. He was a veteran fighter and did not win a second of the first round against Shields.He ate more good shot than he handed out then got pushed against the fence and submitted from a standing position. He did not belong in the same ring as Shields and said so himself.

your example of the GSP loss?

Not very good

Of course my example of the GSP loss is not very good because I'm using your illogic.

Fighters improve, fighters get worse depending on a whole load of reasons.  2 years after beating Lawler, Shields lost to Jake Ellenberger....but since that fight Shields has gone 5-1 and Ellenberger has gone 4-5.  So the guy who lost got better but the guy who won got worse.

So your statement "You forgot the part where the guy who loses gets better while the guy who wins stays the same or gets worse.

because that makes sense"

makes no sense.

Lawler had relied on his striking for many years, he finally got some coaches who sorted out his all round game and we're seeing the results.  He's from a different era (of mainly one-dimensional fighters) but has manged to cross over by adding some decent defensive grappling to his game.  Some fighters evolve, most don't.   Hats off to Robbie for the come back.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/michael-bisping-robs-georges-st-pierre-of-one-of-his-long-standing-ufc-records/8212

If for no other reason, Georges St-Pierre should return to the octagon and attempt to reclaim his record.

The greatest welterweight of all time had been the leader in significant strikes landed in UFC for some time at 1,254.

But on Saturday, perennial middleweight contender Michael Bisping finally overtook GSP after landing 115 significant strikes on opponent Thales Leites in the main event of UFC Glasgow.

That took The Count's tally in the octagon to 1,285 and the only active fighter who looks able to catch Bisping is Frankie Edgar whose record stands at 1,174.

Edited by idyb

Repost

very well. as you wish.

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/michael-bisping-robs-georges-st-pierre-of-one-of-his-long-standing-ufc-records/8212

If for no other reason, Georges St-Pierre should return to the octagon and attempt to reclaim his record.

The greatest welterweight of all time had been the leader in significant strikes landed in UFC for some time at 1,254.

But on Saturday, perennial middleweight contender Michael Bisping finally overtook GSP after landing 115 significant strikes on opponent Thales Leites in the main event of UFC Glasgow.

That took The Count's tally in the octagon to 1,285 and the only active fighter who looks able to catch Bisping is Frankie Edgar whose record stands at 1,174.

• Like 4

know your role

and shut your mouth!

• Like 1

454016868_33787853.jpg?w=680

Cung Le hated them Pillow taps..

After the eye gouge Le didn't see spitts bring the cricket bat in the ring. He already had a disadvantage with the Teemu eyes smh

454016868_33787853.jpg?w=680

Cung Le hated them Pillow taps..

Michael needs to be arrested for aggravated assault smh

I like The Count but this was tew far  

• Like 1

im still loling at the fobar pic,  looking at the pictures side by side, if it had the same background, you would swear gsp has 3 sets of biceps and is arm wrestling bisping in reverse without even trying

Edited by idyb
  • Like 3

im still loling at the fobar pic,  looking at the pictures side by side, if it had the same background, you would swear gsp has 3 sets of biceps and is arm wrestling bisping in reverse without even trying

i have no idea who did that pic but it makes me laugh everytime too:P

• Like 1

The only thing McFly Bisping robs anyone of is the time they wasted watching him fight.

I am pretty sure GSP couldn't care less about that record or Bisping for that matter.

GSP is instead trying to think of a reason for coming back,it would take some special fight with meaning.

Once you win the belt once it never has meaning again because eventually you  will retire and no longer have it,belts are not permanent.I think he would like a second weight class belt.

Defeating Silva no longer matters to anyone,he has already been exposed,i also do not think GSP has the mind set to win a belt at 185 although i am sure he wants to avoid fellow teammates and likely move up to 185.

I truly believe that GSP has the fight style to give Weidman a better go but not the sheer power to control the fight.Hendrick's was every bit as strong and heavy as Weidman ,perhaps even a heavier striker.

I believe he is waiting for the ped testing to prove it works 90+%,unless they start to catch a lot more fighters,he won't be convinced and likely won't return.As or Bisping ..lol   he will NEVER be relevant.

The only thing McFly Bisping robs anyone of is the time they wasted watching him fight.

I am pretty sure GSP couldn't care less about that record or Bisping for that matter.

GSP is instead trying to think of a reason for coming back,it would take some special fight with meaning.

Once you win the belt once it never has meaning again because eventually you  will retire and no longer have it,belts are not permanent.I think he would like a second weight class belt.

Defeating Silva no longer matters to anyone,he has already been exposed,i also do not think GSP has the mind set to win a belt at 185 although i am sure he wants to avoid fellow teammates and likely move up to 185.

I truly believe that GSP has the fight style to give Weidman a better go but not the sheer power to control the fight.Hendrick's was every bit as strong and heavy as Weidman ,perhaps even a heavier striker.

I believe he is waiting for the ped testing to prove it works 90+%,unless they start to catch a lot more fighters,he won't be convinced and likely won't return.As or Bisping ..lol   he will NEVER be relevant.

Oh really? Which weight class did you win UFC gold in?

I've never heard so much **** in my life.

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/7/24/9031799/tommy-toe-hold-show-gsp-comes-to-break-diaz-out

Tommy Toe Hold Show: Georges St-Pierre breaks Nick Diaz out of jail after DUI sentence

By TommyToeHold on Jul 24, 2015, 12:00p

What's up fight fans!? I'm the generic brand cereal of mixed martial arts Tommy Toe Hold and this is a TTTHS (The Tommy Toe Hold Show) Short!

It turns out Nick Diaz will only be spending a day or two in jail for that little DUI incident awhile back, and I thought it would be fun to make a show about this because Nick Diaz is kinda my bread and butter. 

He was the first character on TTTHS besides myself and he is still without a doubt the most popular. The second most popular might be former UFC Welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, so I figured why not throw him in the mix for this video as well. 

It's insane to think that these two would meet under these circumstances, but it's also hilarious. Enjoy the conversation you never knew you wanted to hear so badly, and let me know who you think should visit next!

Edited by idyb
  • Like 1