Sign in to follow this  
TranLee

Global warming, serious issue or total crock of bull...

Evolution would take longer than 6,000 years to happen and the Earth is only 6,000 years old you ignoramus.

When I was grade school they claimed it was 10,000 years old and by middle school it suddenly was only 7,000 years old, in high school it got even younger at 6,000 years old.

That's crazy man.

I think, from a common sense standpoint alone, that AGW is a real thing. As for being overplayed, it's quite possible, but if it is, I don't think it is as insidious as the deniers would have people believe. If it's outright lies, I'd say that those doing so represent an incredibly small fraction. To me it's more about imperfect methodologies, which means it could be better or worse.

Try telling that to BJBJJ.

He'll point out that none of the global warming "experts" dire predictions have ever come true, they do nothing but exaggerate.

personally I think it started out with good intentions, someone noticed a very short time period of "warming" (fractions of degrees C) and noted the fact that we are putting more and more CO2 into the atmosphere.  But that correlation has never been shown to be causation.  Hence all the "photoshopped" graphs of "adjusted" temperature if you will, because the actual measured temperature data shows slight cooling if anything.

At least that's what BJBJJ says. ;)

didnt read!its to hard to prove anything these days,for every study or piece of so called evidence there is another study or piece of evidence saying the opposite.who do you believe?here is some "proof" the earths axis causes climate change.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2095571/Natural-tilts-earths-axis-alter-temperature-cause-ice-ages-says-Harvard-scientist.html

So you didnt read, then quoted a non peer reviewed article....

I dont have the time or inclination to discuss such a serious issue with someone who doesnt actually want a discussion.

• Like 3

I dont have the time or inclination to discuss such a serious issue with someone who doesnt actually want a discussion.

Actually CO2 levels aren't at historically high levels geolocically speaking.

In fact they are "low"... around 0.035% or something.  

This is why they pump CO2 into greenhouses in order to get the plants to grow better.

But it is true we are dumping CO2 into the atmosphere with all our industrial activity and automobiles.

cheer up.we are in a discussion however the only thing serious I see about this issue is that corrupt people/governments are trying to pillage money from us as a way of fixing this so called serious issue!whats money going to do to fix this issue?

97% consensus is doctored stat

http://www.friendsofscience.org/assets/documents/97_Consensus_Myth.pdf

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/05/30/global-warming-alarmists-caught-doctoring-97-percent-consensus-claims/

As I have always said environmentalists are coo coo. The climate has been responsible for I believe every mass extinction. There is zero you can do about it. Its the ****ing universe for crying out loud. And it ain't gonna happen for awhile. But hey, everyone needs a team, no matter how wacky and illogical they are. 

cheer up.we are in a discussion however the only thing serious I see about this issue is that corrupt people/governments are trying to pillage money from us as a way of fixing this so called serious issue!whats money going to do to fix this issue?

Perhaps you misunderstand my position. I get that you dont believe in climate change, thats fine if you are open minded to the alternative. I am not a scientist, but I take the time to read and comprehend as much as possible before making and stating my opinion. Most importantly I take the time to look if what Im reading is from a reliable source. The piece you posted was an article about a single study, while interesting was not peer reviewed. Looking further into the theory its based on had some interesting points, but had many problems and conceded mankind could overwhelm these cycles.

"Since orbital variations are predictable,[20] if one has a model that relates orbital variations to climate, it is possible to run such a model forward to "predict" future climate. Two caveats are necessary: that anthropogenic effects may modify or even overwhelm orbital effects; and that the mechanism by which orbital forcing influences climate is not well understood. In the most prominent anthropogenic example, orbital forcing from the Milankovitch cycles has been in a cooling phase for millennia, but that cooling trend was reversed in the 20th and 21st centuries due to warming caused by increased anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions.[21]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles

You asked me how we could be responsible, so i responded with some things you can very easily cross check. I asked for you to do the same in kind.

All im asking is if you are going to make big statements, at least show something that can back up what you are saying, because i will read it and offer a genuine response. I dont need to go around in circles with someone whos opinion is set, and who wont take the time to actually look and think about alternatives.

• Like 4

Actually CO2 levels aren't at historically high levels geolocically speaking.

In fact they are "low"... around 0.035% or something.  

This is why they pump CO2 into greenhouses in order to get the plants to grow better.

But it is true we are dumping CO2 into the atmosphere with all our industrial activity and automobiles.

You-Are-Here-Dec2013-V2.png

http://scienceblogs.com/significantfigures/index.php/2013/12/04/you-are-here-perspective-on-400-ppm-co2-in-the-atmosphere/

The current readings are 403.7 ppm from the time this was published, so it seems pretty evident that even if you were to exclude man as a possibility they are not low geologically speaking.

http://co2now.org/

• Like 3

didnt read!its to hard to prove anything these days,for every study or piece of so called evidence there is another study or piece of evidence saying the opposite.who do you believe?here is some "proof" the earths axis causes climate change.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2095571/Natural-tilts-earths-axis-alter-temperature-cause-ice-ages-says-Harvard-scientist.html

you posted a link to the daily mail, you are a troll

• Like 1

lol at that fake CGI ****

Sorry bro, I tried to get you with the propaganda. 

The truely funny thing about the denialism, is that the paradigm doesn't logically fit the tin foil narrative. The richest people control the oil, and they supposedly control us. Why would our controllers push the AGW agenda when the AGW agenda wants to get us off the oil teet? They are going to be the ones that lose money.

When you look at it, only Republican doofuses who still buy that American dream garbage support this denialism view. Oh, I forgot about those Libertarian idiots, who don't know WTF is going on with anything. *Waves at Boobynoob.

The truely funny thing about the denialism, is that the paradigm doesn't logically fit the tin foil narrative. The richest people control the oil, and they supposedly control us. Why would our controllers push the AGW agenda when the AGW agenda wants to get us off the oil teet? They are going to be the ones that lose money.

When you look at it, only Republican doofuses who still buy that American dream garbage support this denialism view. Oh, I forgot about those Libertarian idiots, who don't know WTF is going on with anything. *Waves at Boobynoob.

you do realise that the oil companies have HUGE investments in green energy, they are coining it in regardless :P

you do realise that the oil companies have HUGE investments in green energy, they are coining it in regardless :P

No ****, if there is money to be made, those scum need a slice. That doesn't mean that want us off the **** though, and find me some oil barons that agree with AGW. Look at the price of oil now... Heat rising, oil prices drop...

• Like 1

Maybe its happening, maybe its even related to mans activity, but until we know for sure and truly understand the whole problem, its silly to start taking radical action. 

1 - not all scientists are sold on the manner or extent of climate change

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303480304579578462813553136

2 - there is still much disputed data

http://web.mit.edu/effects/www/zjinman/GWFalse.htm

3 - too much of the debate has been driven by politics and not science

4 - predictions made many years ago have not happened

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/04/02/the-big-list-of-failed-climate-predictions/

inb4bigoilscience

• Like 1

lol  sometimes you strike me as a fun dude who is just here to shoot the bull like the rest of us, and then you remind me what kind of idiot you really are. Fortunately for me, I am secure enough to ignore your petty nonsense and still give you a fair share during other discussions. Its cool, I can accept we all have one or two things about us that make us come off as bat**** crazy to the rest ;)

lol  sometimes you strike me as a fun dude who is just here to shoot the bull like the rest of us, and then you remind me what kind of idiot you really are. Fortunately for me, I am secure enough to ignore your petty nonsense and still give you a fair share during other discussions. Its cool, I can accept we all have one or two things about us that make us come off as bat**** crazy to the rest ;)

LOL @ the oil man.

Maybe its happening, maybe its even related to mans activity, but until we know for sure and truly understand the whole problem, its silly to start taking radical action. 

1 - not all scientists are sold on the manner or extent of climate change

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303480304579578462813553136

2 - there is still much disputed data

http://web.mit.edu/effects/www/zjinman/GWFalse.htm

3 - too much of the debate has been driven by politics and not science

4 - predictions made many years ago have not happened

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/04/02/the-big-list-of-failed-climate-predictions/

inb4bigoilscience

^^^ Oil man.

lol     so predictable, too easy 

• Like 1

No ****, if there is money to be made, those scum need a slice. That doesn't mean that want us off the **** though, and find me some oil barons that agree with AGW. Look at the price of oil now... Heat rising, oil prices drop...

and thats how these mother ****ers control as 

You have no cred here Mr. Pretender. :P

Pretending? Dude, I am straight up honest about everything I say...why would I need to pretend among this crowd?

Anyhow, I realize its easier for a simple mind to dismiss logic and reasoning when their arguments are lacking. Its a common trait among progressives ;)

• Like 1

Pretending? Dude, I am straight up honest about everything I say...why would I need to pretend among this crowd?

Anyhow, I realize its easier for a simple mind to dismiss logic and reasoning when their arguments are lacking. Its a common trait among progressives ;)

Pretending as in OfWolfandMan is "new", here. It's ****ing silly dude, just come out of the closet already.

There is a reason most people here don't take you seriously, at all. 

Pretending as in OfWolfandMan is "new", here. It's **** silly dude, just come out of the closet already.

There is a reason most people here don't take you seriously, at all. 

Nigerian please, come up with something more original

And for someone claiming a lack of seriousness, you sure do get mad at almost anything I say quite easily

Go play in traffic, kid

Nigerian please, come up with something more original

And for someone claiming a lack of seriousness, you sure do get mad at almost anything I say quite easily

Go play in traffic, kid

lol, please point me to an example of this madness you speak of. 

• Like 1

lol, please point me to an example of this madness you speak of. 

lol  theres the Chons I know and love...welcome back my man 

• Like 1

lol  theres the Chons I know and love...welcome back my man 

So, we can agree that nothing you've ever said has made me mad, very good, we are having progress.

To be clear, you don't think AGW is a reality at all? 

So, we can agree that nothing you've ever said has made me mad, very good, we are having progress.

To be clear, you don't think AGW is a reality at all? 

Dude I have made you mad so many times I lost count

To be clear - I am saying what we know is far from conclusive and the approach activists take is far from helpful. I am all about objective science, I reject agenda-driven science. 

Dude I have made you mad so many times I lost count

To be clear - I am saying what we know is far from conclusive and the approach activists take is far from helpful. I am all about objective science, I reject agenda-driven science. 

Lol, that wasn't clear at all.

Do you think humans have an effect on the global climate? Yes or no.

what about maybe?

what about maybe?

Maybe is a clearer answer than the one given. :P

Seriously though, with common sense, a good amount of logic, and high school level science, there really shouldn't be a question of yes or no, just how much do humans actually contribute. 

• Like 1

I already answered, dont fault me for your inability to grasp basic English or because you dont like the response 

Are you telling me that every single scientist that in some way agrees in climate change agrees with all the data and all conclusions? Because if thats the case, then what your really saying is there is no question or difference in findings throughout the entire scientific community, and we both know thats not the case. So, one can only logically conclude that when there are differences, there are questions remaining. 

I already answered, dont fault me for your inability to grasp basic English or because you dont like the response 

Are you telling me that every single scientist that in some way agrees in climate change agrees with all the data and all conclusions? Because if thats the case, then what your really saying is there is no question or difference in findings throughout the entire scientific community, and we both know thats not the case. So, one can only logically conclude that when there are differences, there are questions remaining. 

Quote where you answered yes or no.

I'm the one that made my case clear, so you're question is pointless.

Quote where you answered yes or no.

I'm the one that made my case clear, so you're question is pointless.

your life is pointless  :)

• Like 1

Yet I'm not so cowardly as to refuse to answer a simple yes or no question. :P

lol  On the rare occasions I jumped into politics on here, you've always dodged direct yes or no questions with your nuanced dancing bull****  

Peddle that **** elsewhere, son 

lol  On the rare occasions I jumped into politics on here, you've always dodged direct yes or no questions with your nuanced dancing ****  

Peddle that **** elsewhere, son 

Lies. :P

You still didn't answer yes or no. lol

Lies. :P

You still didn't answer yes or no. lol

Bourbon

Thats the only answer that matters in life

And yes, I believe in climate change....aka, "weather"

• Like 1

Bourbon

Thats the only answer that matters in life

And yes, I believe in climate change....aka, "weather"

That wasn't the question. You are still dodging. :D

the earths axis is the main reason for cooling/warming cycles a tiny shift delivers big changes.humanity can't change the climate.if you think we can tell us how we would go about it.even if we could it would mean we would all have to stop our massive consumption addictions-new Phs,computers,cars,travel,cheap goods etc all fuelled by fossil fuels no one is prepared to go back in time not even the Hippocrates that are the greens.

"The chief virtue that language can have is clearness, and nothing detracts from it so much as the use of unfamiliar words."

-- Hippocrates

lol this discussion again?

for anyone thinking men have no influence think if there is any other species that burns oil/Carbon/gas/wood to produce energy and generate CO2.

And think how long it takes for nature to regenerate said compounds.

• Like 2

lol this discussion again?

for anyone thinking men have no influence think if there is any other species that burns oil/Carbon/gas/wood to produce energy and generate CO2.

And think how long it takes for nature to regenerate said compounds.

Few would honestly argue theres no possibility of mans activity having some affect. Its the type and degree - and the assumed results - that are in question. 

Few would honestly argue theres no possibility of mans activity having some affect. Its the type and degree - and the assumed results - that are in question. 

which type? there is no type of effects, the levels of CO2 raise more than usual or they do not. And anyone seeing the plots (I am at home now so I do not have the papers with me to post the pics) will know the degree is unquestionable. 

I am reading this thread for the first time, and I can't believe nobody called out the people who said the Earth is only 6,000 to 10,000 years old. That's the religious version, but the science version puts it a 4 million+ years old.

I am reading this thread for the first time, and I can't believe nobody called out the people who said the Earth is only 6,000 to 10,000 years old. That's the religious version, but the science version puts it a 4 million+ years old.

everybody knew it was blatant trolling ;)

• Like 5

SHENANIGANS

• Like 1

There's just no arguing with religious zealots like 12er.

• Like 3