Sign in to follow this  
Nyte

**The Official Guitar Thread**

I'm a total cat nerd/freak. 

Where are the pics? The forum can be a cold and harsh reality! :P

Buried deep in the Speak your Mind thread.

Well, there is a dog thread, I will start a cat thread to compliment it.  I have cats, you have cats, 12er has cats....frankly with a core like that, what could possibly go wrong??

• Like 1

Seems like this thread really has some...Cat Scratch Fever...*ba dum tss*

Nyte out

• Like 1

Buried deep in the Speak your Mind thread.

Well, there is a dog thread, I will start a cat thread to compliment it.  I have cats, you have cats, 12er has cats....frankly with a core like that, what could possibly go wrong??

Well, I went as far back as pics of WW and 12er spawn, then I through in the towel. Cute spawn though. :P

Will try to upload one of mine in a bit.

Not in this thread doe...in fact, I think it's time we take this cat talk somewhere else guys. It's getting in the way of important guitar talk

Not in this thread doe...in fact, I think it's time we take this cat talk somewhere else guys. It's getting in the way of important guitar talk

Stop talking about cats all the time Nyte. There's a thread for that.

More guitar pics would be great though!

I meant I'd try to upload one of my guitars in a bit. I tried earlier but the pic didn't work out. 

Can't for the life of me get this picture to upload proper despite being saved in three different programs looking normal. Plus I can't let yas think I was wanting to upload cat photos here so I'm posting it anyway.

Anyway, it's a lesser known name brand but for the price of it, I love it. It sounded as good as a few guitars three times the price in the music store I got it from. Simon and Patrick is the brand. Think they produce out of Montreal but have products all over at this point.

http://www.simonandpatrick.com/guitars.htm

post-366656-0-97431700-1466027710.jpg

post-366656-0-97431700-1466027710_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

If you guys keep bumping this thread, I might be forced to put up another video of me playing lol.

You won't do it, you won't...

...you should do it.

I'm just happy this thread got revived. This calls for celebration. Everybody bust out your nearest instrument and get jammin for 10 minutes...or as long as you want, doesn't matter. Just do it. Idc if it's a triangle or just tapping on your table, you will make music.

• Like 1

I used to own two Carvin guitars a few years ago. I have their V modek.and then just a basic model. Had their amps too.

Loved the sound I got from them, all custom made and a fraction of the cost of a Gibson.

I miss playing.

• Like 3

vaiheart.jpg

Steve Vai ftw!!

I like him.

Man, I tried playing this song and I can't remember half of it.  Sucks. 

Good stuff man!!

• Like 1

I played guitar in high school but i stopped because i sucked and I didn't have the drive to practice. I've been thinking recently about trying to pick up a cheap one at guitar center or something and start playing again.

Some of my favorite artists: Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Volbeat, Sevendust, All that Remains, Shadows Fall, Five Finger Death Punch, August Burns Red, We Came as Romans, 36 Crazyfists, Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, Parkway Drive, Soilwork, Breaking Benjamin. There are tons and tons of others but those are my tops.

• Like 4

My best friend just landed a gig with one of the biggest death metal bands out there.

I was just going to say this in the speak your mind thread, but it's guitar related, and I don't want evols for not saying it here. :P

• Like 2

Righteous bump, Chons. Your post is appreciated.

What's your buddy's band? Do they travel around and play gigs and all that good stuff?

• Like 1

I've been learning this acoustic piece by Zeppelin. Have all the parts of the song down, but just need to put it together in order. This guy plays it the best. He also has a lesson video of the song, which I used to learn the parts

Great song and it's in a real nice tuning, too

• Like 1

Righteous bump, Chons. Your post is appreciated.

What's your buddy's band? Do they travel around and play gigs and all that good stuff?

I can't say until they make it official, people have mentioned the band here so, I can't take the chance of a leak.

My friend used to play in a band called Incantation which was his most popular band so far. 

The band he's joining travels all around, and they are popular enough not to need second jobs, which is rare in the death metal scene. 

As for myself, I've been playing more garage type rock now more than anything. I'm getting really sick and tired of really heavy stuff for the most part. 

• Like 2

I've been playing vigorously for the past few weeks.  I've been strictly concentrating on speed at the moment.  Hope to put up a song in a few months. 

• Like 3

I've been playing vigorously for the past few weeks.  I've been strictly concentrating on speed at the moment.  Hope to put up a song in a few months. 

That's cool man, keep working at it. Speed isn't everything;  I prefer more of the melodic pieces, even if that means it takes a cut in speed, pretty similar to the vid you posted of a cover (in this page).

The vids you're going to put up, are they covers or pieces you've been writing?

• Like 2

That's cool man, keep working at it. Speed isn't everything;  I prefer more of the melodic pieces, even if that means it takes a cut in speed, pretty similar to the vid you posted of a cover (in this page).

The vids you're going to put up, are they covers or pieces you've been writing?

LOL NO.  This is the piece I'm working on. 

• Like 1

This guy has some very imaginative guitar playing (originated by Denis D'Amour R.I.P.), I think it's worth a watch even if you aren't into heavier music. 

• Like 1

I thought this was kinda cool. Don't know what the hell Djent is..probably a sub genre of a sub genre of a genre nobody likes :P

This is The Official Guitar Thread and anything guitar-related which consists of, but not limited to, guitars, acoustic guitars, amps, guitarists, bass,bands, and anything else you can think of that pertains to these.

To all the forum members who are musically inclined, mainly the guitarist I'm referring to, this thread is for YOU!

You play the guitar or previously played the guitar? Perfect, this thread is for you!

You don't play the guitar, but you like the guitar? Maybe even wanna learn someday? This thread is also for you!

Don't like rock, metal, blues, or even know what a guitar is? This thread is especially for you! Please come in and educate yourself and in the future YOU can purchase a guitar!

Need recommendations on equipment? Guitarists? Bands? We have highly talented forum members who are well-versed in this area such as Chons, TigerChamp, SteelerNation, NyteRyder, CorporalClegg, Bezerker101, LennyTheBat, Sir_Wesley_of_Wells, Bubba_Sparks. (Anybody I missed feel free to post in this thread and you can find yourself on the OP)

Feel free to post pics of your equipment, vids of anything guitar related. Discuss your favorite guitarists.

I like the guitar. You should like it too. I love lamp. -Jimmy Page

Jimmy Page is my all time fave....good on ya bro.

• Like 1

Been finishing learning the rest of this song on my acoustic. I knew how to play the intro part, but didn't know how to play the pre-chorus part that starts at :43. It's a really cool progression that gets overshadowed by the electric part on the record. **** Jimmy Page has to overdub all his cool acoustic licks with an electric guitar.

Damn, it's time for bed and now I have Ramble On going through my head.....

• Like 1

Damn, it's time for bed and now I have Ramble On going through my head.....

Ah. Good song. I finished learning that song btw! still love playing it on my Martin

• Like 1