Sign in to follow this  
Nyte

**The Official Guitar Thread**

Holy balls, my inactivity over the past year+ has led me to missing key posts 

Posts that include both Sober and Mauro strapping on the guitars now! Good stuff guys, how is your playing coming along?

@sobercuban @MauroPedrosa Interested to see your progress, what songs did you learn to help improve? Are there any songs or techniques you're working on right now?

Sounds lame , but stairway was the first song I learned when I picked up the guitar (again) in 2011. Havent stopped since. It's actually kinda surreal to think I've almost been playing for 10 years. Time flies man

I'm currently working on sweep picking. Very frustrating , but I'm gonna keep going

I learned the No More Tears solo - which influenced me to finally learn sweep picking just for that one final lick in the song which he sweeps. 

• Thanks 1

This is what I have up in my room right now. Left to right:

Martin X Series (purchased 2015)

Fender Standard Telecaster (purchased 2014)

Gibson Les Paul Tribute 2019 (purchased March this year)

15751312509476512306695397542025.jpg

• Like 2

On the other side. If you know me, you'll know Jimmy Page is my biggest influence. Gotta throw up Hendricks too, I've had these posters for about 4 or 5 years now. 

This new place I moved into I turned the 3rd room into essentially a guitar room as you can see. Perfect spot for me to zone in and just jam

15751314590605109167701459611672.jpg

• Like 1

Last pic , I went to Guitar Center and played this exact combo here - Gibson paired with Fender Hot Rod Deluxe IV and instantly fell in love 

I bought the guitar, but not the amp. I had the Deluxe III and when I got back and plugged it in, I immediately saw the difference 

Went back in next day, sold my Deluxe III ( I think they gave me $250 for it but whatever) and got the Deluxe IV.

Man I love it. Has the perfect sound for what I like to play - 

1575131682082618924043333735273.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nyte said:

Holy balls, my inactivity over the past year+ has led me to missing key posts 

Posts that include both Sober and Mauro strapping on the guitars now! Good stuff guys, how is your playing coming along?

@sobercuban @MauroPedrosa Interested to see your progress, what songs did you learn to help improve? Are there any songs or techniques you're working on right now?

Sounds lame , but stairway was the first song I learned when I picked up the guitar (again) in 2011. Havent stopped since. It's actually kinda surreal to think I've almost been playing for 10 years. Time flies man

I'm currently working on sweep picking. Very frustrating , but I'm gonna keep going

I learned the No More Tears solo - which influenced me to finally learn sweep picking just for that one final lick in the song which he sweeps. 

Sober is hardcore on the guitar.

I’ve learnt a few Portuguese and Brazilian songs because we have some bangers, but a lot in English as well, like:

Behind Blue Eyes (Limp Bizkit version)

Waiting on an Angel - Ben Harper

Secret - Maroon 5

Say You Won’t Let Go - James Arthur

Drive - Incubus

Home - Michael Buble

Bubbly - Colbie Caillat

Wicked Game - Chris Isaak

and maybe a few more that I’m forgetting.

I really want to learn Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana and Let It Go by James Bay but those are in alternative tuning so that’s a pain in the azz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bezerker101 said:

Name the guitarist ? Legend -

image.png.331a65b36fc1e90242feac0c1f7af452.png

Robin Trower. Fooking 74 and still playing like a beast.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Robin Trower. Fooking 74 and still playing like a beast.

if you got that one, .. you're gonna be pretty tough to stump -

former procal harem/ solo guitarist

16 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

if you got that one, .. you're gonna be pretty tough to stump -

former procal harem/ solo guitarist

Nah, just knew from seeing him play many moons ago.  Have no idea who the other two lads are, so there ya go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Nah, just knew from seeing him play many moons ago.  Have no idea who the other two lads are, so there ya go.

Steve Marriott/ Humble Pie

Mick Ronson/ David Bowie

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

Steve Marriott/ Humble Pie

Mick Ronson/ David Bowie

Doh, didn't associate Mariott with guitar playing, more with his vocals. Always loved Performance (Rockin' The Filmore) killer album.

Ronson was no joke, but wasn't into Bowie way back then.  Liked Carlos Alomar better, just my .02

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 3:24 PM, Bezerker101 said:

Edited by pjbear05
Wrong info
  • Like 1