MarkyLaird

UFC CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE !! Imagine this .......

IMAGINE THIS

Ufc makes a cruiser weight division 225-230lbs limit

Ufc Make an 8 man tournament for title

Ufc Signs up 4 large LHW's & 4 small HW's

Ufc LHW's could be -CORMIER / GUS / RUMBLE / GLOVER - maybe even JONES if he's allowed back??

Ufc HW's could be JDS / CAIN / MIOCIC / WERDUM or IMAGINE they signed FEDOR ????

WOW what a way to open up a new devision GET THIS IDEA TO DANA WHITE PLEASE

Mark laird carluke scotland

SCOTLANDS no1 ufc fan ????

• Like 4

1) I'm not sure what this has to do with this fight announcement

2) You're basically killing both the Heavyweight, and Light Heavyweight divisions by doing this, because you've taken almost everybody from both of those divisions that matters.

This ^^^ I was the biggest advocate for a cruiserweight division a few years ago when both divisions were healthy but the UFC can barely fill the heavyweight division let alone a CW division now. Saw some crazy graphic the other day comparing ages of the divisions and the HW division was like 10 years older than most other divisions. Not sure another TUF HW season could even save the division at this point.

• Like 2

Hey all fighters can go back to whatever division they desire :)

Only 1 man would become champ

Don't you think the heavyweight div is almost unfair in terms of size diff at times ?

Jus an idea guys

Edited by MarkyLaird

Hey man I'm new here just wanna chat mma n ufc guys I coulda made it but unfortunately I got shot back in 2012

Undefeated amateur at 8-0 all ko's b4 the tragedy

• Like 1

Don't you think the heavyweight div is almost unfair in terms of size diff at times ?

Jus an idea guys

If all guys went back to their division who would the champ fight? As far as the 'size advatage' look at Velasquez vs Lesnar, Velasquez vs Bigfoot, JDS vs Carwin, Miocic vs Nelson. Of the last 5 champs at HW you have Couture (205er), Lesnar, Cain (235-240), JDS (235-240), and Werdum (236 for the Cain fight). So the smaller guys seem to be the better fighters based on those stats.

• Like 1

MarkyLaird has iron Jimmies i'm imprezzed

Lol it's all good guys ---answer to your question is a lot of fighters would have more options , more chance of super fights and the fighters can always go back up or down in weight class and another champion would be welcome in my books, I know size don't always count for nuttin but I stand by opinion I think an 8 man CW championship tourney would be awesome and a severe money maker and interest builder say the LWH champ HW Champ and maybe fedor in the mix ???.

Good idea so it is ✌️

Edited by MarkyLaird

Jus an idea guys

Yes, I do think that the size gap in the heavyweight division is, I don't know if unfair is the word, because as mentioned above, it's not usually the guys at the top end of the weight class that do the best, but I do think it's theoretically an issue.

That said, taking two shallow weight classes, and turning them into three REALLY shallow weight classes doesn't seem like much of a solution to me.

• Like 2

I don't think they need a new division, but I would like to see the HW limit reduced to 240 lbs.  Too many big fat lazy unathletic HWs floundering around and getting the odd win through just being enormous.

Welcome btw Marky Laird, but Jolldan is currently Scotland's no.1 UFC fan. He ain't going to relinquish his belt readily.

• Like 2

Jus an idea guys

I got a better idea how bout a drugs division where fighters can use as many PEDs as they want.  :D

• Like 3

I don't know about a cruiserweight, but I'd support a superheavyweight or even better, a limitless weight heavyweight division. Sure giant people aren't usually as good of MMA fighters on average, but we'll never know if there are any great ones as is. Giant people shouldn't be discriminated against. If someone doesn't like the slower nature of large people they can just watch women's strawweight and then turn off the tv. Everyone wins. 

• Like 1

I think they should split 170 and maybe add a 195 division. So 125,135,145,155,165,175,185,195,205,265. Would help to spread some of the talent from 155/170/185 around.

• Like 1

Dana White said theres not enough Super heavyweights to fill a division & the HW division isn't exactly stacked.

Edited by agtx
  • Like 1

Not enough talent?

Yeah ok guys waiting for ages for title suits n never get em ...

I'm sure the fighters would be up for it ...

N yeah a div every 10lbs will be the future LayDownDead

Dana White said theres not enough Super heavyweights to fill a division & the HW division isn't exactly stacked.

There aren't any super heavyweights because there isn't a super heavyweight division in the major leagues of MMA, the UFC. Not the other way around. If you build it, they will come. Furthermore, allowing unlimited weight at plain old heavyweight would alleviate both issues. On one hand, the big guys get to fight in the big leagues and on the other the shallow HW division is opened up to some new contenders.

• Like 1

23 of the top 50 HWs out there aren't signed by the UFC. A lot of them younger too. Even if the UFC weren't s****ing the bed with that division they still probably wouldn't be able to fill both divisions at this point. 

• Like 2

On 8/14/2015 at 12:16 AM, TUF said:

23 of the top 50 HWs out there aren't signed by the UFC. A lot of them younger too. Even if the UFC weren't s****ing the bed with that division they still probably wouldn't be able to fill both divisions at this point. 

Well said Cameron po 

4 minutes ago, Dark_Horse said:

Hey, we don't dlck shame here, brah.

Sound man . Stop being cheeky or I’ll tell more of your secrets lol 😂 

• Like 1