• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#1 trez1336

trez1336
  • Free
  • 2,559 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:30 AM

Anyone watching? I always watch TUF (american versions) even with how bad it's gotten. I am excited to see how Conor does as a coach and what will happen between him and Faber/team alpha male

My question is does anyone know anything about the fighters on this season? Any good prospects? Or is this another season of sub par fighters who will be gone from the UFC inside 2 years

#2 BarryMcleod

BarryMcleod
  • Ultimate
  • 116 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:19 PM

According to several sources, Conor doesn't really be a coach as we've seen over the years.  He picks the fights, talks trash and then lets his team do all the training.

#3 Montg00ber

Montg00ber
  • Free
  • 608 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:54 PM

None of the " fighters " are really coaches, they are the face for the public to tune in. Usually they add drama to build up to a fight at the end of the season between the coaches but this season has no fight.

cok84.jpg

Weidman is GOAT

Stevie Ray Official Bandwagon supporter! 

Occasional Conor Fan when he fights not talks. 

Bisping deserves a title shot before he dies soon! 

#4 tonyruiz

tonyruiz
  • Ultimate
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

How do you purchase the season pass? In the past I was able to get a season pass on UFC.TV and watch the season similar to watching a tv series on Hulu Plus.   

#5 Hamiltoe

Hamiltoe
  • Ultimate
  • 129 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:11 PM

I am going to watch it I enjoy them although that one just there wasn't up to much. 

#6 CorporalClegg209

CorporalClegg209
  • Free
  • 14,592 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:29 PM

Conor's take is that he can't change these guys in 6 weeks when they are constantly cutting weight, battling injuries and fighting as it is.  That they should be ready to go and already put the hard rounds in.  He's not even there for a lot of the training sessions.  He picks the fights, shows up to the fights and probably talks a lot of **** to Urijah and TJ.

Edited by CorporalClegg209, 09 September 2015 - 05:29 PM.

qUDIQwQ.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before

#7 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 21,915 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:30 PM

Lol at that guy saying England fighters are just as good if not better than every other country.

MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion
Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion

#8 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 25,615 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:24 PM

How do you purchase the season pass? In the past I was able to get a season pass on UFC.TV and watch the season similar to watching a tv series on Hulu Plus.

They may still do that tomorrow once the first episode has aired, though I don't know for sure if they still do that now with Fight Pass being a thing (even though it takes awhile to get added to Fight Pass).

In the past, they've also made season passes available on other services like iTunes, and Xbox Video as well.

#9 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 25,615 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:26 PM

Am I the only one that gets bored by these preliminary fight episodes? It's a whole bunch of fights between guys I know nothing about, most of which are either edited significantly, or just shown in highlights.
  • MauroPedrosa likes this

#10 trez1336

trez1336
  • Free
  • 2,559 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:48 PM

Am I the only one that gets bored by these preliminary fight episodes? It's a whole bunch of fights between guys I know nothing about, most of which are either edited significantly, or just shown in highlights.

I actually like the fights to get in, well the ones we get to see. It gives you a small sample of the guys skills and a little backround on them
  • DoomPatrol and Andy_Anderson like this

#11 H.N.I.C.

H.N.I.C.
  • Free
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:14 AM

i forgot about this

somebody was telling me that the fights were good AF

This^

#12 H.N.I.C.

H.N.I.C.
  • Free
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:08 AM

just finished the episode, couple of really good fights

that Le dude can throw hands and feet, noice

• juice64011, Andy_Anderson, MauroPedrosa and 1 other like this

This^

#13 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 21,915 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:03 AM

I actually like the fights to get in, well the ones we get to see. It gives you a small sample of the guys skills and a little backround on them

I used to think like this

But now I feel more like this. I got bored about 45 minutes in last night.

#14 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 21,915 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:29 AM

just finished the episode, couple of really good fights

that Le dude can throw hands and feet, noice

Yeah Le was quick as hell too. If McGregor gets control he will match him with a wrestler for sure.

• H.N.I.C. likes this

#15 tonyruiz

tonyruiz
  • Ultimate
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:42 PM

How do I watch this season if I don't have FS1? 

#16 Suq_Madiq

Suq_Madiq
  • Free
  • 286 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:09 PM

How do I watch this season if I don't have FS1? 

peep through your neighbours curtains ;)

• freddievanhalen3 likes this

#17 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 38,828 posts
  • LocationThe Tenderloin SF

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:13 PM

Didnt even care to watch 

2015 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Most Laid Back Forum Poster

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

2016 Happiest Forum Poster

#18 PWenneck

PWenneck
  • Premium
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:54 PM

Not sure about this season.  Even Faber said at the end of episode 1 his team was the Bad News Bears - with toothless Tom Gallicchio and Thanh Le who can't grapple.

#19 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 38,828 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:06 PM

peep through your neighbours curtains ;)

good idea 

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#20 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,837 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:38 PM

Lol at that guy saying England fighters are just as good if not better than every other country.

If I recall correctly we did ok on tuf UK vs USA :)

Fight Club Prediction Championship: Grand Prix Winner and Final Champion (10-3)

UFC Prediction Grand Prix: Winner

UFC Survivor Series Tournament: Series Seven Winner

#21 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 21,915 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:05 AM

If I recall correctly we did ok on tuf UK vs USA :)

TUF producers choose their fighters for their personalities more than skill. It's been that way for a long time now. There are some good fighters in the UK but overall they are a long way off from some other countries.

#22 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,837 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:41 AM

TUF producers choose their fighters for their personalities more than skill. It's been that way for a long time now. There are some good fighters in the UK but overall they are a long way off from some other countries.

Yes I agree that the UK are behind. MMA is still more or less an underground sport here. If I mention "Mixed Martial Arts" to an average guy at work for example, I'm met with a blank look. If I say UFC then the usual response would be something like "Oh, that cage fighting?"

It's not as bad as it used to be, Conor and Ronda are definitely raising the profile. I'm hoping it will become more mainstream, more alphas will train it and eventually we will hold our own. Only time will tell.

It doesn't help that the majority of events begin at midnight in the UK.

Edited by Denizen, 11 September 2015 - 10:46 AM.

• juice64011 likes this

#23 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 25,615 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:19 AM

Yeah, that's the big one. I can't see it ever being too mainstream as long as that's the case.

#24 rackydj

rackydj
  • Ultimate
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:28 AM

Yes I agree that the UK are behind. MMA is still more or less an underground sport here. If I mention "Mixed Martial Arts" to an average guy at work for example, I'm met with a blank look. If I say UFC then the usual response would be something like "Oh, that cage fighting?"

It's not as bad as it used to be, Conor and Ronda are definitely raising the profile. I'm hoping it will become more mainstream, more alphas will train it and eventually we will hold our own. Only time will tell.

it doesnt help that when are fighters reach a certain level they venture to pastures new for training progression which is understandable but in doing so and setting up sticks elsewhere it sethers links/ties majorly with themselves and over here..

they simply are no longer in there home country pushing there own progression in any format.. and become plastics in there new adopted country..

Edited by rackydj, 11 September 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#25 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 38,828 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:37 AM

was conor being annoying the whole time 

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#26 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 25,615 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:44 AM

Not overly.

#27 rackydj

rackydj
  • Ultimate
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:45 AM

no man..

he point blank offerd to prize fight faber aside from all things ufc for a wage and ment every word of it.. you should have seen the size of my corey at this moment in time mate.. i was sat with my pants round my ankles toilet roll at the ready.. 

this is exactly the key ingredient these fighters in the ufc just cant get mentality wise about mcgregor.. until they understand prize fight there going to struggle against this man.. his mentality and his way of thinking..

faber  on the spot....................

#28 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,837 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:55 PM

I just watched the 1st episode.

There is some real talent this season. I was genuinely impressed by some of the fighters from both teams and I expect some great fights.

I'm guessing Conors team mate Artem (strange mix of Russian/Irish accent,lol) will get to replace the 1st guy out to injury but I think there were more talented losers that are more deserving of a place in the house.

Obviously I'm cheering for the Europeans but as a fight fan I just want some great fights. I'm looking forward to seeing Le from team USA display some more Kung Fu, flashy as ****.

As far as coaches are concerned, Uriah is knowledgeable, humble and he seems to be a gentleman, a genuinely nice guy. Conor is a **** prick. From the way he reviews fights he seems to have only a laymans knowledge of grappling and part of me thinks this is why we won't get to see him coach his fighters...he would be exposed as a n00b.

Whatever though, it has all the ingredients for a great season.

• DoomPatrol likes this

#29 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 21,915 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:45 PM

no man..

he point blank offerd to prize fight faber aside from all things ufc for a wage and ment every word of it.. you should have seen the size of my corey at this moment in time mate.. i was sat with my pants round my ankles toilet roll at the ready..

this is exactly the key ingredient these fighters in the ufc just cant get mentality wise about mcgregor.. until they understand prize fight there going to struggle against this man.. his mentality and his way of thinking..

faber on the spot....................

He doesn't believe 90% of the **** he says. It's easy to say we can go prize fight when he knows there is no way it will ever happen. Most is just hype like Sonnen.

#30 rackydj

rackydj
  • Ultimate
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:44 PM

He doesn't believe 90% of the **** he says. It's easy to say we can go prize fight when he knows there is no way it will ever happen. Most is just hype like Sonnen.

i guarantee if faber had rang that man the next morning it would be arranged..

mcgregors characteristics are very similar to them of a romany gypsy imo.. mentality wise and way of fight thinking is on the exact same wavelength.. them americans arnt familar with this and its why they get lost with certain aspects of the guy when hes on 1..

As far as coaches are concerned, Uriah is knowledgeable, humble and he seems to be a gentleman, a genuinely nice guy. Conor is a **** prick. From the way he reviews fights he seems to have only a laymans knowledge of grappling and part of me thinks this is why we won't get to see him coach his fighters...he would be exposed as a n00b.

i gurantee you mate somewhere amidst all of this tuf season faber has become mentor and been training with mcgregor aspects of the sport he knows he lacks in.. i swear i would bet allsorts on this.. both very much love the fight game and faber is getting to that stage in his career where he would pass on to mcgregor because for all involved around that weight its better mcgregor has that belt than aldo.. especially for that alpha male camp..

he was into mcgregor deep faber prior and i think he pos saw a project in him.. i dont know people may disagree but i deffinately think dana was involved in this part of the puzzle in getting mcgregor some high quality assistance in that area hes lacking.. fabers a company man and a progressor within the knowledgeable side of the game.. i think it seriously makes sense.. 

somethings happend between mcgregor and faber im telling you because a line of respect has now been built between them 2 guys and that i reckon has come from touching each other properly behind the scenes.. 

Edited by rackydj, 11 September 2015 - 10:48 PM.

#31 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 38,828 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:18 PM

no man..

faber  on the spot....................

well thats good to hear 

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#32 CorporalClegg209

CorporalClegg209
  • Free
  • 14,592 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:49 PM

Did McGregor rest his balls on Faber's chin yet?

qUDIQwQ.gif

#33 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 38,828 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:03 PM

Did McGregor rest his balls on Faber's chin yet?

his butt chin 

• CorporalClegg209 likes this

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#34 CorporalClegg209

CorporalClegg209
  • Free
  • 14,592 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:32 PM

his butt chin 

lol after Faber asks where the ring card girls are Conor tells him he should get a card and shake that chin.  That one got me good.  It's nice to see them take the trash talk in stride instead of getting all butt chin hurt about it.

qUDIQwQ.gif

#35 rackydj

rackydj
  • Ultimate
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:52 AM

lol after Faber asks where the ring card girls are Conor tells him he should get a card and shake that chin.  That one got me good.  It's nice to see them take the trash talk in stride instead of getting all butt chin hurt about it.

3.22 onwards.. call me a sad man but i could seriously watch that all day..

poor faber dint know what had hit him haha..

#36 skippyandu

skippyandu
  • Ultimate
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:18 AM

i gurantee you mate somewhere amidst all of this tuf season faber has become mentor and been training with mcgregor aspects of the sport he knows he lacks in.. i swear i would bet allsorts on this.. both very much love the fight game and faber is getting to that stage in his career where he would pass on to mcgregor because for all involved around that weight its better mcgregor has that belt than aldo.. especially for that alpha male camp..

he was into mcgregor deep faber prior and i think he pos saw a project in him.. i dont know people may disagree but i deffinately think dana was involved in this part of the puzzle in getting mcgregor some high quality assistance in that area hes lacking.. fabers a company man and a progressor within the knowledgeable side of the game.. i think it seriously makes sense.. 

somethings happend between mcgregor and faber im telling you because a line of respect has now been built between them 2 guys and that i reckon has come from touching each other properly behind the scenes.. 

You can't be serious here, thinking that Faber is mentoring McGregor??

McGregor gets an awful rap for not respecting people but as soon as a fight is done he does nothing but respect his opponent, bar Siver who he doesn't like for the whole steroid issue. He's just a master of the mental game which is something that doesn't get a look in in UFC as much as we've seen in boxing.

#37 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 38,828 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:29 AM

Thats true.. it takes away from the show when they get all butt hurt 

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#38 rackydj

rackydj
  • Ultimate
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:18 PM

110%..

im saying while there filming this whole tuf they will getting in sessions together.. 

#39 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 38,828 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:28 PM

McGregor gets an awful rap for not respecting people but as soon as a fight is done he does nothing but respect his opponent, bar Siver who he doesn't like for the whole steroid issue. He's just a master of the mental game which is something that doesn't get a look in in UFC as much as we've seen in boxing.

Herp Derp 

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#40 skippyandu

skippyandu
  • Ultimate
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:58 PM

110%..

im saying while there filming this whole tuf they will getting in sessions together.. 

I highly doubt it considering Faber said he barely saw McGregor during the filming of it all. Also McGregor seems to enjoy going to gyms & getting ideas from others but never heard him doing it with another UFC competitor outside of his own circle

Herp Derp 

Werp Zerp?

#41 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 21,915 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:22 PM

Kicking a guy out that won his fight is kind of weak. I see what they are trying to do but not every fight can be exciting.
  • Denizen likes this

#42 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 21,915 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:41 PM

Hall has a slick submission game.
  • JChristian522 likes this

#43 JChristian522

JChristian522

-_-

• Ultimate
  • 4,498 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, UT, USA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:03 PM

Just got done watching it. Hall's demeanor reminds me of McMax. lol

• juice64011 likes this

#44 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,837 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:37 AM

What does your question have to do with your response?

If you think Faber has nothing of value to teach McGinger then explain why. MMA isn't a purely mental game, you do realize that, right?

#45 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,837 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:45 AM

Kicking a guy out that won his fight is kind of weak. I see what they are trying to do but not every fight can be exciting.

I'm guessing Conors team mate Artem (strange mix of Russian/Irish accent,lol) will get to replace the 1st guy out to injury but I think there were more talented losers that are more deserving of a place in the house.

It's BS mate. They wouldn't have done that if Conors mate had won in his preliminary fight.

Did you notice the smugness Conor had when he stated how sure he was that Artem would be lacing up his gloves one more time in the 1st episode? Conor has stated in interviews that he was only there for his team mate.

I am certain that Artem being in the house was some kind of stipulation from Conor. Obviously they can't control the judges decions in the prelims but they've shown they can disregard them.

It's fkn BS and i'm rustled to the Nth degree.

#46 JChristian522

JChristian522

-_-

• Ultimate
  • 4,498 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, UT, USA

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:25 PM

It's BS mate. They wouldn't have done that if Conors mate had won in his preliminary fight.

Did you notice the smugness Conor had when he stated how sure he was that Artem would be lacing up his gloves one more time in the 1st episode? Conor has stated in interviews that he was only there for his team mate.

I am certain that Artem being in the house was some kind of stipulation from Conor. Obviously they can't control the judges decions in the prelims but they've shown they can disregard them.

It's fkn BS and i'm rustled to the Nth degree.

interesting angle. I wouldn't put it past Dana at all. It only makes things slightly more interesting. whatever.

• juice64011 and Denizen like this

#47 skippyandu

skippyandu
  • Ultimate
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:59 PM

What does your question have to do with your response?

If you think Faber has nothing of value to teach McGinger then explain why. MMA isn't a purely mental game, you do realize that, right?

Absolutely understand that, I do however think it is the most overlooked part. 

I suppose I never made a point about it here (I did in a later response to dj), but I just don't think that is happening at all considering how McGregor keeps quite a closed circle and can't see him going into another UFC teams gym to share ideas. If Faber had nothing to do with UFC I would as he does that a lot, but not in the circumstance where there are direct competitors. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have shared business ideas though as Faber would be a great person to learn from in that regard as well and think McGregor would happy to go back and forth there.

Edited by skippyandu, 21 September 2015 - 02:00 PM.

#48 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 38,828 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:37 AM

Still havent watched... is this season any good?

• MauroPedrosa likes this

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#49 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:12 AM

Still havent watched... is this season any good?

The banter is pretty fun but I watch this thing without commercials. It might be too boring to watch live

3vzbFMh.jpg

#50 PWenneck

PWenneck
  • Premium
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:42 PM

Boring 3 episodes so far, fights are average at best.  The banter between Conor & Urijah is mildly entertaining, knowing they will never fight makes it mostly meaningless.  Its funny seeing Cody Garbrandt as a coach, knowing that VanZant knocked him cold in sparring...

• juice64011 likes this