181 replies to this topic

#51 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 44,304 posts
  • LocationThe Tenderloin SF

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

The banter is pretty fun but I watch this thing without commercials. It might be too boring to watch live

I figured as much 

2015 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Most Laid Back Forum Poster

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

2016 Happiest Forum Poster

#52 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:33 AM

Conor's behaviour towards his fighter disgusted me in this (the 3rd) episode. From the second half of round 2 Conor resorted to insulting his fighter. Does he even know this is a "sport"?

Conor was mad rustled.

On a side note, i'm pretty sure the reason that Conor doesn't turn up for morning practice is because he's being tutored on how to coach the ground game, which he is failing at miserably. 

Telling his fighter to pass to full mount and then crying when his opponent tries and loses position, talking about how his fighter didn't display patience? Conor is a joke.

• TheRearNaked and Andy_Anderson like this

Fight Club Prediction Championship: Grand Prix Winner and Final Champion (10-3)

UFC Prediction Grand Prix: Winner

UFC Survivor Series Tournament: Series Seven Winner

#53 amunera

amunera

***** please...

• Free
  • 4,496 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:37 AM

Conor's behaviour towards his fighter disgusted me in this (the 3rd) episode. From the second half of round 2 Conor resorted to insulting his fighter. Does he even know this is a "sport"?

Conor was mad rustled.

On a side note, i'm pretty sure the reason that Conor doesn't turn up for morning practice is because he's being tutored on how to coach the ground game, which he is failing at miserably. 

Telling his fighter to pass to full mount and then crying when his opponent tries and loses position, talking about how his fighter didn't display patience? Conor is a joke.

It was a mix of both the fighter being completely stupid and connor overreacting to that, even my gf which does not watch MMA was like why the fudge is this guy willingly pulling guard (going down according to her) when he is getting his **** kicked.

• Denizen likes this

Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
Fav:
HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez
conair.gif?w=780

#54 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:56 AM

It was a mix of both the fighter being completely stupid and connor overreacting to that, even my gf which does not watch MMA was like why the fudge is this guy willingly pulling guard (going down according to her) when he is getting his **** kicked.

Well yeah, the fighter went entirely off his game in the second round, it was pitiful to watch.

It doesn't excuse Conor though. He wasn't thinking about his fighter, he was simply lost in his own need for a team win and his soup of armpit sweat. We saw the real Conor there, when he forgets he supposed to be cool, when he forgets his carefully prepared script that he no doubt practices endlessly infront of the mirror. The guy is a pretentious ****head but I have to hand it to him, as much as I dislike him, here I am talking about him.

I had to cringe at how he tried to deflect Uriah post fight, he even managed to somehow regain his smugness.

Earlier in the show I think Uriah was genuinely upset by Conors suggestions and comments about TJ, I felt for him and it was a bit low of Conor.

Conor can justify it by saying he was just speaking the truth but damn, sometimes the truth doesn't need to be said.

• DoomPatrol likes this

#55 rackydj

rackydj
  • Free
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:07 AM

Well yeah, the fighter went entirely off his game in the second round, it was pitiful to watch.

It doesn't excuse Conor though. He wasn't thinking about his fighter, he was simply lost in his own need for a team win and his soup of armpit sweat. We saw the real Conor there, when he forgets he supposed to be cool, when he forgets his carefully prepared script that he no doubt practices endlessly infront of the mirror. The guy is a pretentious ****head but I have to hand it to him, as much as I dislike him, here I am talking about him.

i have to disagree.. the difference is very simple.. mentality.. which is going to be impossible for mcgregor to shift throughout this serious and if people dont understand his mentality i fully see him coming across in a bad light to sporting people.. 

theres simply being a sporting man.. an athlete and theres simply being a fighting man.. an animal..

look at mcgregors record he is a fighting man.. hates the matt.. submissions dont count.. fighting for points is unacceptable..

fight finish is the only finish if that makes sense..

you have to understand when he sees that sascha dude go all sports mode in trying to see out 3 rounds fighting the way he did hes going to blow.. i guarantee you had sascha fought the fighting mans game and been knocked spark out in that 3rd he would have been seen much more respectful than to hold out and loose the way he did which was 110% go out in the style of a sporting puss..

to the fighting man it was much more of a shameful ending for the guy than having a good go.. being chinned and counting zzzZZzzZZZzs..

Edited by rackydj, 25 September 2015 - 11:13 AM.

• skippyandu likes this

#56 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

i have to disagree.. the difference is very simple.. mentality.. which is going to be impossible for mcgregor to shift throughout this serious and if people dont understand his mentality i fully see him coming across in a bad light to sporting people.. 

theres simply being a sporting man.. an athlete and theres simply being a fighting man.. an animal..

look at mcgregors record he is a fighting man.. hates the matt.. submissions dont count.. fighting for points is unacceptable..

you have to understand when he sees that sascha dude go all sports mode in trying to see out 3 rounds fighting the way he did hes going to blow.. i guarantee you had sascha fought the fighting mans game and been knocked spark out in that 3rd he would have been seen much more respectful than to hold out and loose the way he did which was 110% go out in the style of a sporting puss..

to the fighting man it was much more of a shameful ending for the guy than having a good go.. being chinned and counting zzzZZzzZZZzs..

Yeah yeah, maybe i'd consider your arguements credible if Conor didn;t tap.

• juice64011 likes this

#57 rackydj

rackydj
  • Free
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:19 PM

Yeah yeah, maybe i'd consider your arguements credible if Conor didn;t tap.

like i said submissions dont count.. there something you just get caught in.. can have all your wits and senses about you.. dont mean youve given best.. 

just like winning on points.. loosing on points.. seeing out all them rounds.. 

thats the exact sports aspect of the game im talking about.. like with sascha.. just get through all the rounds and its all that matters.. thats exactly what the guy did and it was shameful.. he was freightend to death of the real fighting aspect of the game and his lights being shut out.. 

the real fighting part of the game which makes my comments worthy are the ammount of kos/tkos mcgregor finished his fights with.. 

killer instinct is a key word and if your a fighter like mcgregor with that blood.. cuts.. buzzs.. flashes.. hurt.. pain.. finishing that fight is all that matters.. shutting that man down physically and fully.. the only real fight ending..

all im saying is there would have been more respect in sascha having his chin found and the 3rd round ended properly than the way in which he saw down the clock.. to any fighting man it was shameful.. 

Edited by rackydj, 25 September 2015 - 12:21 PM.

#58 Decko

Decko
  • Ultimate
  • 919 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

Can't blame Conor for going loco.
He gets Conor as coach then does everything he tells him not to.
It's the hurt game, and if that hurt his feelings............
He f...ed up and needs to know, no sugar coating that BS

#59 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:15 PM

like i said submissions dont count..

Does your mind work? Have you been tested?

If I walk into a soccer game and claim that it's ok to use my elbows to score a goal because elbows don't count as handball does that make it true? Should fans of ME accept it as fact, simply because they love me more than the sport?

Do you realize that your love of Conor doesn't make it ok for you to redefine the rules of the sport?

Ok, i've entertained you longer than I should have.

This is MMA, why is that so hard to understand?

**** off.

Edited by Denizen, 25 September 2015 - 06:25 PM.

• DoomPatrol and juice64011 like this

#60 rackydj

rackydj
  • Free
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 01:47 AM

If I walk into a soccer game and claim that it's ok to use my elbows to score a goal because elbows don't count as handball does that make it true? Should fans of ME accept it as fact, simply because they love me more than the sport?

think ive entertained you 2 long mate..

up to shoulder is a handball..

#61 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:20 AM

think ive entertained you 2 long mate..

up to shoulder is a handball..

Exactly.

#62 rackydj

rackydj
  • Free
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:37 AM

Exactly.

shatterd you like glass pal.. 

#63 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:34 AM

shatterd you like glass pal.. 

No.

I don't think your mind does work after all.

You completely misunderstood my post. 

Re-read it, or don't.

#64 rackydj

rackydj
  • Free
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:51 AM

or don't.

ill go with that 1..

youre a bum mate.. not worth a shilling.. i wouldnt wipe my **** with you seriously.. 

Edited by rackydj, 26 September 2015 - 10:52 AM.

#65 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:04 AM

submissions dont count..

Actually, no  it doesn't. But that's cool bro. Rock on ;)

#66 rackydj

rackydj
  • Free
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:11 AM

Do you realize that your love of Conor doesn't make it ok for you to redefine the rules of the sport?

Ok, i've entertained you longer than I should have.

This is MMA, why is that so hard to understand?

**** off.

you absoloute fully blown ****house..

you went back and corrected your post..........

#67 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:16 AM

you absoloute fully blown ****house..

you went back and corrected your post..........

LMFAO. The time of editing is ten minutes after the original post. Your reply to it is 7 HOURS after the original post. Are you really stupid enough to think I invented a time machine to travel back in time to a point before you replied so that I could make you look dumb.

No kid, you did it all by yourself. Keep on rollin' you're tew funny.

#68 rackydj

rackydj
  • Free
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

LMFAO. The time of editing is ten minutes after the original post. Your reply to it is 7 HOURS after the original post. Are you really stupid enough to think I invented a time machine to travel back in time to a point before you replied so that I could make you look dumb.

No kid, you did it all by yourself. Keep on rollin' you're tew funny.

u bottled it and had the other posts removed u got shattered on..

#69 rackydj

rackydj
  • Free
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:20 AM

****house straight tapped to social media..

what a clown..

• Hughes17 likes this

#70 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:41 AM

****house straight tapped to social media..

what a clown..

Hmm. Yeah I reported your posts for homophobia and obscenity. If you think that stuffs cool, then that's your thing bro.

If you think that words on a page, deposited by some immature, childlike homophobe are enough to make a grown man "tap" then you need to lay off the juice, kid.

#71 DoomPatrol

DoomPatrol
  • Free
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:45 AM

The fighter fought stupidly, period. It doesn't matter if he fought to win by points or a finish.

It doesn't matter if the fighter fought stupidly, Conor's behavior was unacceptable.

• juice64011, Andy_Anderson and Denizen like this

#72 Decko

Decko
  • Ultimate
  • 919 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:20 PM

The fighter fought stupidly, period. It doesn't matter if he fought to win by points or a finish.

It doesn't matter if the fighter fought stupidly, Conor's behavior was unacceptable.

What was unacceptable about it?
Did the straight talking hurt him more than getting the s..t beat out him by not following instructions?

Edited by Decko, 26 September 2015 - 03:21 PM.

#73 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:55 PM

Did the straight talking hurt him more than getting the s..t beat out him by not following instructions?

Oh, are you under the impression that he was trying to inspire him?

I wonder, where is it that you work where insulting coworkers with expletives is considered professional or acceptable behaviour?

• DoomPatrol likes this

#74 Decko

Decko
  • Ultimate
  • 919 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 26 September 2015 - 08:26 PM

Oh, are you under the impression that he was trying to inspire him?

I wonder, where is it that you work where insulting coworkers with expletives is considered professional or acceptable behaviour?

Do you work in PC World?
Have you ever played competitive sports?
You made a football analogy earlier.
I'll give you a football reference in return.
Have you heard of Alex Ferguson, perhaps the best manager Britain has ever produced?
If you have, then you will know of the Ferguson "hair dryer".
Man the **** up

Edited by Decko, 27 September 2015 - 02:54 AM.

#75 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:07 AM

Do you work in PC World?
Have you ever played competitive sports?
You made a football analogy earlier.
I'll give you a football reference in return.
Have you heard of Alex Ferguson, perhaps the best manager Britain has ever produced?
If you have, then you will know of the Ferguson "hair dryer".
Man the **** up

Oh look. Another McGregor fanboy blindly defending everything he does.

LoL@"Man the **** up"

Its possible to be a man without being a moronic chest-beating Neanderthal, son.
  • DoomPatrol likes this

#76 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:03 AM

Can't blame Conor for going loco.
He gets Conor as coach then does everything he tells him not to.
It's the hurt game, and if that hurt his feelings............
He f...ed up and needs to know, no sugar coating that BS

I'd be fine with it, by the way, if Conor had spoken with him about it post fight. Calling him a **** and a **** whilst he is mid-fight has absolutely nothing to do with the fighter needing to know and everything to do with Conor venting his frustration. It was entirely selfish and entirely unprofessional. 

• DoomPatrol and juice64011 like this

#77 Decko

Decko
  • Ultimate
  • 919 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:20 AM

Oh look. Another McGregor fanboy blindly defending everything he does.
LoL@"Man the **** up"
Its possible to be a man without being a moronic chest-beating Neanderthal, son.

Oh look, the guy who was giving football analogies completely ignores the one put back to him.

#78 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:26 AM

Oh look, the guy who was giving football analogies completely ignores the one put back to him.

Comparing Conor to Alex Ferguson? Its really not worth commenting on.

#79 Decko

Decko
  • Ultimate
  • 919 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:30 AM

I'd be fine with it, by the way, if Conor had spoken with him about it post fight. Calling him a **** and a **** whilst he is mid-fight has absolutely nothing to do with the fighter needing to know and everything to do with Conor venting his frustration. It was entirely selfish and entirely unprofessional.

Conor is a winner and wants his fighters to win.
He cares, and that breeds frustration, especially when his fighter has a single digit fight IQ. That's not being selfish, it's quite the opposite.

He could of sat on hands, said very little and let the guy do what he did.
Then had a post fight review.
That's a worse offence, because it's too late to do anything then, his big opportunity has past him by.

#80 Decko

Decko
  • Ultimate
  • 919 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:32 AM

Comparing Conor to Alex Ferguson? Its really not worth commenting on.

You did it again.
Ferguson, greatest British manager. Shouts and bawls at his players when they f..k up in a game were they kick a ball between 2 posts.
Is he being selfish and unprofessional?

#81 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:41 AM

Conor is a winner and wants his fighters to win.
He cares, and that breeds frustration, especially when his fighter has a single digit fight IQ. That's not being selfish, it's quite the opposite.

He could of sat on hands, said very little and let the guy do what he did.
Then had a post fight review.
That's a worse offence, because it's too late to do anything then, his big opportunity has past him by.

Conor doesn't care if his fighters win. He has said repeatedly in interviews that he's only there for his team mate, Artem. He has repeatedly said that he's not there to hold anyones hand, that he's not there to train anyone. He could care less if his fighters win, he doesn't care about them at all if were to believe what he says. So I don;t understand where

He cares only for how the fighters losses reflect on him.

How about when Conor was screaming at his fighter to pass the guard, his fighter attempted to do just that but lost position. Conor then immediately starts saying its because his fighter didn't exhibit patience, even though the fighter was following the instructions of Conor. I mean, wtf is that all about.

He cares nothing for his fighters, he's lost in ego.

I've seen every season of tuf and all of the coaches are fighters that want their fighters to win. None of them have resorted to abusing their fighter mid-fight out of frustration.

There's no excuse for it and just saying he's a fighter that wants his fighters to win doesn't make it ok.

• Andy_Anderson likes this

#82 Decko

Decko
  • Ultimate
  • 919 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:05 AM

Conor doesn't care if his fighters win. He has said repeatedly in interviews that he's only there for his team mate, Artem. He has repeatedly said that he's not there to hold anyones hand, that he's not there to train anyone. He could care less if his fighters win, he doesn't care about them at all if were to believe what he says. So I don;t understand where

He cares only for how the fighters losses reflect on him.

How about when Conor was screaming at his fighter to pass the guard, his fighter attempted to do just that but lost position. Conor then immediately starts saying its because his fighter didn't exhibit patience, even though the fighter was following the instructions of Conor. I mean, wtf is that all about.

He cares nothing for his fighters, he's lost in ego.

I've seen every season of tuf and all of the coaches are fighters that want their fighters to win. None of them have resorted to abusing their fighter mid-fight out of frustration.

There's no excuse for it and just saying he's a fighter that wants his fighters to win doesn't make it ok.

You're first paragraph is a complete distortion of what he said.
You suffer from cognitive dissonance.
What he said was that he wasn't there to show them how to train them basic technique, his role was more in the mental side of the game.
He showed that when he told the team aspect was BS, its an individual game and this was their opportunity. Do it for themselves.
I've watched every season, and he was the first to state the obvious.
Every other coach has went on about the "Team", their team, because that reflected on them.
If Conor was all about "Team McGregor" I.e him, he wouldn't be making that "f... The team" speech!

If he didn't care if his fighters won or lost then he wouldn't be getting frustrated, and I reiterate he wants themto win for them.

#83 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:25 AM

You're first paragraph is a complete distortion of what he said.
You suffer from cognitive dissonance.
What he said was that he wasn't there to show them how to train them basic technique, his role was more in the mental side of the game.
He showed that when he told the team aspect was BS, its an individual game and this was their opportunity. Do it for themselves.
I've watched every season, and he was the first to state the obvious.
Every other coach has went on about the "Team", their team, because that reflected on them.
If Conor was all about "Team McGregor" I.e him, he wouldn't be making that "f... The team" speech!

If he didn't care if his fighters won or lost then he wouldn't be getting frustrated, and I reiterate he wants themto win for them.

Conor isn't even a coach and your trying to argue that some of the stuff he is doing is ground breaking, the reason we've not seen Conors methods before is because he's a visionary or because he's amateur? Maybe if your AV wasn't of Conor and your location didn't show Ireland and your forum join date wasn't literally two weeks after Conor beat Siver and "earned" his title shot then I'd be able to take you seriously in your defence of Conor. As it is, although you raise some interesting points your utter bias is quite blatant and makes it difficult to take your arguments seriously.

#84 Decko

Decko
  • Ultimate
  • 919 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:29 AM

Conor isn't even a coach and your trying to argue that some of the stuff he is doing is ground breaking, the reason we've not seen Conors methods before is because he's a visionary or because he's amateur? Maybe if your AV wasn't of Conor and your location didn't show Ireland and your forum join date wasn't literally two weeks after Conor beat Siver and "earned" his title shot then I'd be able to take you seriously in your defence of Conor. As it is, although you raise some interesting points your utter bias is quite blatant and makes it difficult to take your arguments seriously.

Until you have the balls to address the Ferguson managing methods then I'm done.
Have the decency to do that, and then I'll address the character assassination above.

#85 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

I don't know enough about Ferguson to make informed comparisons. I don't follow soccer.

Also, if you think that's character assassination then you need to "man the **** up!"

How about addressing a question I put to you earlier:

"How about when Conor was screaming at his fighter to pass the guard, his fighter attempted to do just that but lost position. Conor then immediately starts saying its because his fighter didn't exhibit patience, even though the fighter was following the instructions of Conor. I mean, wtf is that all about."?

#86 Decko

Decko
  • Ultimate
  • 919 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:51 AM

I don't know enough about Ferguson to make informed comparisons. I don't follow soccer.

Also, if you think that's character assassination then you need to "man the **** up!"

How about addressing a question I put to you earlier:

"How about when Conor was screaming at his fighter to pass the guard, his fighter attempted to do just that but lost position. Conor then immediately starts saying its because his fighter didn't exhibit patience, even though the fighter was following the instructions of Conor. I mean, wtf is that all about."?

You make soccer ball analogies, then claim you don't know anything about Fergusons man management methods, which are not in any way uncommon.
GTF outta here, because you know if you address the Ferguson analogy it destroys your whole argument on McGregors man management.

As for me, I joined this forum on that particular date as that's when I joined Fight club to buy event tickets.
I've been following MMA since Tito held LHW title, and my first live event of many was Rampage Jackson v Henderson in London many years ago. So, you're evaluation on that was **** too!

Edited by Decko, 27 September 2015 - 11:53 AM.

#87 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:19 PM

You make soccer ball analogies, then claim you don't know anything about Fergusons man management methods, which are not in any way uncommon.
GTF outta here, because you know if you address the Ferguson analogy it destroys your whole argument on McGregors man management.

As for me, I joined this forum on that particular date as that's when I joined Fight club to buy event tickets.
I've been following MMA since Tito held LHW title, and my first live event of many was Rampage Jackson v Henderson in London many years ago. So, you're evaluation on that was **** too!

I made the point about the handball rule in soccer because it's a rule everyone is familiar with, regardless of them following football or not.

From what little I understand about fergusons "man management methods" I would only like to hope that his tirades are done to encourage the players to improve on their game, otherwise it's simply abusing his position and bullying.

I am of absolutely no doubt that when Conor started using single word expletives to abuse the fighter, it was not done to encourage the fighter in any way. It was entirely derogatory.

#88 Decko

Decko
  • Ultimate
  • 919 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 27 September 2015 - 01:25 PM

I made the point about the handball rule in soccer because it's a rule everyone is familiar with, regardless of them following football or not.

From what little I understand about fergusons "man management methods" I would only like to hope that his tirades are done to encourage the players to improve on their game, otherwise it's simply abusing his position and bullying.

I am of absolutely no doubt that when Conor started using single word
expletives to abuse the fighter, it was not done to encourage the fighter in any way. It was entirely derogatory.

RackyDJ was right.
Have a nice life
  • Denizen likes this

#89 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 23,170 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:02 AM

Hmm, interesting.

People have been complaining that they don't get to see the real Conor...and then when they do, they don't like what they see.

I don't have a problem with Conor losing his rag and getting emotional - I'm kinda glad he is emotionally invested in his fighters.  The only bit i thought was out of order was calling him a ****.  TUF coaches tend to show a lot more sympathy and support for fighters who do what they're told (win or lose).  It will be interesting to see post-TUF what everyone says about Conor's coaching; so far everyone's raving about it, but that could well be a bit of neat editing.

Reminded me a bit of BJ/Andy Wang, except BJ didn't say it to his face. Don't remember him copping any heat for this.

Either way, love or hate him, TUF 22 is much more interesting than TUF has been for a while.

Props also to Urijah; he's coming across as an amiable little chap these days.  Not quite sure what's left for him fighting wise though if he won't make a run at 135.

Winning coach of 2016 Camps League - Team FRANKLIN

Chief of the Rich "Ace" Franklin fan-club

Founder of the welcoming/rehabillitation team

rich-franklin.jpg

#90 DoomPatrol

DoomPatrol
  • Free
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:49 AM

Mostly the name-calling and general shouting because it was more about Conor himself than the fighter. Calling your fighter a ***** doesn't help at all, but embarrasess him in front of a large group of people. If angry shouting would help, the better time to do it is later. During the fight the coach should issue clear orders what and how to do.

Conor's instructions were sometimes contradictory or simple "get up!", confusing the fighter or not offering the means to achieve the desired action.

#91 DoomPatrol

DoomPatrol
  • Free
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:52 AM

Hmm, interesting.

People have been complaining that they don't get to see the real Conor...and then when they do, they don't like what they see.

I don't have a problem with Conor losing his rag and getting emotional - I'm kinda glad he is emotionally invested in his fighters.  The only bit i thought was out of order was calling him a ****.  TUF coaches tend to show a lot more sympathy and support for fighters who do what they're told (win or lose).  It will be interesting to see post-TUF what everyone says about Conor's coaching; so far everyone's raving about it, but that could well be a bit of neat editing.

Reminded me a bit of BJ/Andy Wang, except BJ didn't say it to his face. Don't remember him copping any heat for this.

Either way, love or hate him, TUF 22 is much more interesting than TUF has been for a while.

Props also to Urijah; he's coming across as an amiable little chap these days.  Not quite sure what's left for him fighting wise though if he won't make a run at 135.

BJ liked to ***** about people behind their backs to an audience. Didn't like it then, don't like it now. He was always an ***-****.

#92 DoomPatrol

DoomPatrol
  • Free
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:57 AM

About coaching in general, I don't think being succesful gives you the right to abuse people. How can it be right if you're winning but wrong if you're losing? I think coaches who "bark" can be succesful despite the shouting, not because of it.

• juice64011, Andy_Anderson and Denizen like this

#93 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 44,304 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:52 AM

just watched an episode... lol this is just horrible 

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#94 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:15 PM

It was good to see McGinger admitting the mistakes he'd made. Hopefully he'll treat his fighters with more respect even if they don't live up to his standards.

Not a bad fight in episode 4, I'm looking to see how the English fighter gets on in the next episode.
  • Andy_Anderson and JChristian522 like this

#95 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 23,245 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:13 PM

Wow, that was a boring fight. Saul has potential and is probably one of the better fighters in the house.

MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion
Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion

#96 JChristian522

JChristian522

-_-

• Ultimate
  • 4,498 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, UT, USA

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:20 PM

I don't think it was necessarily boring. I definitely thought this guy is completely out matched though.

• juice64011 and Denizen like this

#97 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:52 AM

It was a mismatch, Saul was too strong and Billy, as was said by Uriah repeatedly, had no technique. A good Jits player would have been all over Saul I reckon.

Still though, always good to see an Englishman getting on.

#98 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 23,170 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:37 AM

Decent fight, bit of old-fashioned ground and pound.  The first few fights tend to be one-sided as the weakest get picked off.  Suspect we'll have some close fights soon.

Next week looks fun; seems Conor calls TJ out about being a snake while he's sat right there.

• Decko likes this

Winning coach of 2016 Camps League - Team FRANKLIN

Chief of the Rich "Ace" Franklin fan-club

Founder of the welcoming/rehabillitation team

rich-franklin.jpg

#99 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 44,304 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:21 PM

Next week looks fun; seems Conor calls TJ out about being a snake while he's sat right there.

wait Conor talking ****... what a surprise

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#100 rackydj

rackydj
  • Free
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:55 AM

anybody else starting to believe the mcgregor/faber training theory yet?..

trust me theres more to them 2 than people think in my eyes :) ..

faber working on that mcgregor wrestling/ground for me nailed on man.. 

Edited by rackydj, 09 October 2015 - 02:55 AM.

• Bubba_Sparks and Decko like this