McGregor vs Faber TUF Starts Tonight

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#151 rackydj

rackydj
  • Ultimate
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

my pal (can man) :) .. his mate jay furness done artem on points..

sumot 4 me to tell me little lad frankie-jack about as he loves the red n blue men when mcgregor hands that featherweight belt over to artem and moves up to the lightweight division..

Edited by rackydj, 15 November 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#152 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,008 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:04 AM

lol at artem being a ufc champ. He will be lucky to get a couple of fights before being cut.

• Bubba_Sparks, H.N.I.C., Denizen and 1 other like this

MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion
Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion

#153 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:27 AM

lol at artem being a ufc champ. He will be lucky to get a couple of fights before being cut.

They will be fun fights though.
I guess we find out this week which fighter gets cut for being boring. Should be the long-haired guy who beat the German....
  • juice64011 and H.N.I.C. like this

Winning coach of 2016 Camps League - Team FRANKLIN

Chief of the Rich "Ace" Franklin fan-club

rich-franklin.jpg

#154 rackydj

rackydj
  • Ultimate
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:08 AM

artem be featherweight champ on mcgregors say so after he does aldo.. if he moves up..

and thats nailed on now after rouseys ringpiece collapsed mate..........

Edited by rackydj, 16 November 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#155 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,008 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:55 PM

Well they have pretty much ran out of coaching challenges
  • H.N.I.C. and Denizen like this

#156 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,008 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:13 PM

Lol at the mcgregor Uriah argument. Also mcgregor is wrong that Frankie is a weaker version of Chad. Two different fighters.

Kicking out a winning fighter is still weak imo.
  • H.N.I.C., Denizen and UFC_Noob like this

#157 H.N.I.C.

H.N.I.C.
  • Free
  • 11,974 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:35 PM

Lol at the mcgregor Uriah argument. Also mcgregor is wrong that Frankie is a weaker version of Chad. Two different fighters.

i agree 100%

can't imagine a fighter training for frankie the same way you would train for mendes

• Denizen likes this

This^

#158 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,837 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:33 AM

artem be featherweight champ on mcgregors say so after he does aldo.. if he moves up..

and thats nailed on now after rouseys ringpiece collapsed mate..........

I don't see Artem making it past the Swedish guy he faces is the next round tbh, nevermind talk of championships. It's not that I have no respect for Artems game, it's just that we saw what the Swede does to strikers in his fight Vs. Le. Artem is more exciting to watch but that aint gonna help him in the next fight methinks.

Yeah, the guy (Chris?) was clearly gutted. I couldn't help but feel bad for him, there were hints at another fighter not being able to compete so maybe he'll get another chance.

• juice64011 likes this

Fight Club Prediction Championship: Grand Prix Winner and Final Champion (10-3)

UFC Prediction Grand Prix: Winner

UFC Survivor Series Tournament: Series Seven Winner

#159 H.N.I.C.

H.N.I.C.
  • Free
  • 11,974 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:49 AM

Which episode is this 2nd clip from?

Edited by H.N.I.C., 19 November 2015 - 08:51 AM.

This^

#160 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,008 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:03 AM

Which episode is this 2nd clip from?

Last night

• H.N.I.C. likes this

#161 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

Last time Urijah was a coach, him and Cruz were running around the desert firing guns, rocket launchers, climbing ropes, swinging axes and blowing things up.

Now they're flying the coaches up in a helicopter to drop watermelons.....

Smh.

• H.N.I.C. likes this

rich-franklin.jpg

#162 H.N.I.C.

H.N.I.C.
  • Free
  • 11,974 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:32 PM

Last time Urijah was a coach, him and Cruz were running around the desert firing guns, rocket launchers, climbing ropes, swinging axes and blowing things up.

Now they're flying the coaches up in a helicopter to drop watermelons.....

Smh.

#TheTimeIsNow... #GOBIG... #WeRanOutOfIdeas

• Bubba_Sparks and Denizen like this

This^

#163 UFC_Noob

UFC_Noob
  • Free
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:04 AM

If they were canning one fighter for being boring, why wasn't the spanish dude from last night up for debate? He was shooting for takedowns as soon as he felt the hands. Hendroids got a lot of **** for being a head-in-crotch expert, so how did this guy get away with it?

I feel like Chris has been hard done by, if it's just because Conor wanted his bezzie mate to have a second chance - I think I missed the episode where Artem came back in (Sky+ in the UK doesn't always pick up the tv schedule for this show), so I'm not exactly sure why two people got a second chance

#164 rackydj

rackydj
  • Ultimate
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:53 AM

he aint ever splatting that real mcgregor canteloupe is he lets be honest so winning chucking the ****s out of a helicopter was the best he'll ever get bless him lol..

feeling faber again me man fair play to him for sacking the school act.. 

just wish chad would grow a set of balls now.. fight at his own ped free weight.. and stop ducking that **** dilla****e!..........

Edited by rackydj, 20 November 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#165 stadironin

stadironin
  • Free
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:49 AM

According to several sources, Conor doesn't really be a coach as we've seen over the years.  He picks the fights, talks trash and then lets his team do all the training.

Yeah and europeans kick US fighters a**es as we europeans knew beforehand. Oh sweet sweet truth.

#166 stadironin

stadironin
  • Free
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:51 AM

If they were canning one fighter for being boring, why wasn't the spanish dude from last night up for debate? He was shooting for takedowns as soon as he felt the hands. Hendroids got a lot of **** for being a head-in-crotch expert, so how did this guy get away with it?

I feel like Chris has been hard done by, if it's just because Conor wanted his bezzie mate to have a second chance - I think I missed the episode where Artem came back in (Sky+ in the UK doesn't always pick up the tv schedule for this show), so I'm not exactly sure why two people got a second chance

Pros seem to know what they do. Chris got his chance to sleep on the octagon.

#167 stadironin

stadironin
  • Free
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:55 AM

I dont like -artems style but...... within ten years or so europeans and russians dominate

UFC just like boxing and all other fighting forms. WWE and and other clown sports are dominated

by US people.

• Decko likes this

#168 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,008 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:19 PM

I dont like -artems style but...... within ten years or so europeans and russians dominate
UFC just like boxing and all other fighting forms. WWE and and other clown sports are dominated
by US people.

Congrats on needing a whole continent to take over sports that we quit caring about. We have dominated mma for over 20 years already. It would be nice if you would catch up eventually.
  • H.N.I.C. likes this

#169 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,008 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:35 PM

Julian vs Artem is interesting. Neither are UFC caliber but it should be entertaining. Saul is going to run through marcin.

I'm guessing the UFC brought Aldo to hype their fight.

#170 adrianmv2

adrianmv2
  • Elite
  • 1,589 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

Julian vs Artem is a fight where I wish they both would lose... I agree, Saul should win the whole thing.
  • amunera and Rastajambo like this

#171 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 25,641 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:41 AM

I'll be happy when this season is over, not because it's been a bad season, but because TSN here in Canada keeps ****ing with the air times. Last night's episode didn't air until midnight.

#172 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,008 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:10 PM

It's been an OK season. There just isn't a lot of talent. 2 fights per episode is the way to go. Less time for pointless bs.

#173 Rastajambo

Rastajambo

Team Bombo Klatt

• Free
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:38 AM

i see artem vs saul rogers in the final.. this weeks fights were ****

abd-75.gif

UFC Fight Night 72

UFC Fight Night 76

UFC Fight Night 84

#174 rackydj

rackydj
  • Ultimate
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:05 PM

personally ive seen some very game wide open chins on the line in this tuf and ive luved that..

wether you think these boys are the best of the best or not.. some of these boys would kill you stone dead in the street.. simple..

the europeans fight style for me personally has bin top draw.. ufc caliber i doubt but trust me there is some bang on boys involved euro wise.. street wise boys.. look at the state of that marcin but that kid can have a do simple man..........

best thing mcgregor cold do would be to send artem round the sites fighting for brass buttonsout his own pocket for that kid forget mma cos he can have a do aside from mma.. hes a real fighting man artem imo he just not got the mma fully in him 2 push that fully..

that ufc thing in artem no points.. without shadow of doubt.. that man artem could have a do on the road nailed on man simple away from there..

he returned and got piss took but his looked the best thing for the eye since period..........

if hes chined stone dead from now.. hes the man remembered from the series imo 110% honest to god.. hes as game as a pebble bless that man.. useless in peoples opinions or not.. that man artem not scared of being chined stone dead ever and i love that in a fighter.. massive draw for me..

europeans ran this for me.. better.. gamer stock 110%.. not scared of that chin putting them night night and looking like a **** imo the dif over the american point scoring wrestlers or wotever..

best thing to come out of tuf 22 for me.. faber making a connection and improving wrestling and ground for mcgregor lol xxxxxxxxx.. :) ..

nailed on now faber on the mcgregor pay role :) .. and i dont blame mcgregor.. wise move man.. away from the dilla****e and ped mendes ****e faber knows wot day it is trust me.......... wise old man faber like it or not simple............

Edited by rackydj, 04 December 2015 - 03:25 PM.

#175 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,008 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:10 AM

lol at two finalists that lost during the show. I'm guessing Artem takes this but who knows. Saul was going to wreck him though. I guarantee that. Good episode for Mcgregor, he showed his real side and what I think he is really like away from the cameras.

Aldo vs Mcgregor should be interesting. I was leaning towards McGregor due to his size but he cuts a lot and I'm guessing used IVs before. The IV ban could have a big impact.

#176 Rastajambo

Rastajambo

Team Bombo Klatt

• Free
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:44 AM

lol at two finalists that lost during the show. I'm guessing Artem takes this but who knows. Saul was going to wreck him though. I guarantee that. Good episode for Mcgregor, he showed his real side and what I think he is really like away from the cameras.

Aldo vs Mcgregor should be interesting. I was leaning towards McGregor due to his size but he cuts a lot and I'm guessing used IVs before. The IV ban could have a big impact.

i think Artem will win the fight.  Ryan Hall didn't show that he could do much apart from BJJ.  Artem will have been practising his leg lock escapes and is probably relieved not to be fighting Saul Rogers again. 

Conor would have won at 189 but I think Aldo will beat him on Saturday.

abd-75.gif

UFC Fight Night 72

UFC Fight Night 76

UFC Fight Night 84

#177 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,008 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:23 PM

i think Artem will win the fight.  Ryan Hall didn't show that he could do much apart from BJJ.  Artem will have been practising his leg lock escapes and is probably relieved not to be fighting Saul Rogers again. 

Conor would have won at 189 but I think Aldo will beat him on Saturday.

I bet Ryan Hall regrets this.

“When I got the call to fight Artem I was very surprised that Saul dropped out, but very excited to fight for the title of the show,” said Ryan Hall. “Just a week before I got the call, I was in Ireland training with Artem and helping him prepare. I really respect him as both a fighter and person. I’ve trained very hard for this fight; I’ve had to overcome a number of difficulties in this camp health wise, but I’m ready to put on a show on Friday.”

#178 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 38,962 posts
  • LocationThe Tenderloin SF

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:46 PM

I didnt watch a whole episode this season

2015 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Most Laid Back Forum Poster

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

2016 Happiest Forum Poster

#179 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,008 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:25 PM

I didnt watch a whole episode this season

Me either. I would fast forward, watch the weigh ins and fights.

#180 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:07 AM

Lol, just caught up with this....

So Team Europe go 3-1 in the QFs, and 2-0 in the SF, but somehow a guy from Team America wins it??

Enjoyed the season as much for the banter between coaches as anything else, thought both Faber and Conor came across as good guys.

Not sure how well Hall will do in the UFC; Artem will be in a few fun scraps and Saul could have some big potential assuming they can sort out the visa thing.

rich-franklin.jpg

#181 Rastajambo

Rastajambo

Team Bombo Klatt

• Free
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:55 AM

Lol, just caught up with this....

So Team Europe go 3-1 in the QFs, and 2-0 in the SF, but somehow a guy from Team America wins it??

Enjoyed the season as much for the banter between coaches as anything else, thought both Faber and Conor came across as good guys.

Not sure how well Hall will do in the UFC; Artem will be in a few fun scraps and Saul could have some big potential assuming they can sort out the visa thing.

Well Saul Rogers might not even be in the UFC... you'd have thought they would have arranged to have him on the London card... Already 11 fights announced and he isn't one of them.  The two swedes are fighting each other tho.

• Bubba_Sparks likes this

abd-75.gif

UFC Fight Night 72

UFC Fight Night 76

UFC Fight Night 84

#182 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 38,962 posts
  • LocationThe Tenderloin SF

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:49 PM

Me either. I would fast forward, watch the weigh ins and fights.

lol good idea

2015 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Most Laid Back Forum Poster

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

2016 Happiest Forum Poster