• Please log in to reply
898 replies to this topic

#51 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:15 PM

igzachery!

Ha, it took a while for that to sink in.
  • OzPLATINUMpride likes this

#52 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 53,357 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:56 AM

If you look at this GIF, with the zoom it looks more like his head got ripped clean off than he was moving toward the dumpster.

http://i.imgur.com/Ea9Yzps.gifv

post-406774-0-33798100-1483399020.jpg

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#53 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:30 AM

If you look at this GIF, with the zoom it looks more like his head got ripped clean off than he was moving toward the dumpster.

http://i.imgur.com/Ea9Yzps.gifv

Or was that Glenn skillfully taking a zombies head with him as he scurried under the dumpster like a boss.

#54 TwennyFo

TwennyFo
  • Free
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:33 AM

If they had started stabbing zombies they would have presumably stacked them until the point he zombies actually could have reached them. 

But Rick was heading out to create a distraction, they could have waited for that. But then again, it would have never happened but they didn't know that.

Nicholas was a puss, but I can't say I fault him for shooting himself. That girl with the hurt leg should have shot herself instead of wasting her ammo buying literally an extra 2 seconds of time.  

I can't believe that they even considered offing Annie.  :huh:

I was looking forward to ogling her rack for at least a couple of seasons. What a bummer.

Tew far. They went tew far.  :(

conair.gif?w=780

#55 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:40 AM

I can't believe that they even considered offing Annie.  :huh:

I was looking forward to ogling her rack for at least a couple of seasons. What a bummer.

Tew far. They went tew far.  :(

That's why Glenn got killed. To busy worrying about that **** bouncing against him and didn't keep his head in the game.

I noticed he kept running straight for her and left Michone and the others to lug the guys around.
Of corse he is a small Asian man so it is only fair that he helps the tiny girl.

#56 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 42,356 posts
  • LocationThe Tenderloin SF

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:28 AM

Didnt even know this show was on anymore 

2015 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Most Laid Back Forum Poster

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

2016 Happiest Forum Poster

#57 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:36 AM

Didnt even know this show was on anymore

Confirmed Amish.
You are going to get shunned if you get caught on a computer. Lol
  • IrishSemtex likes this

#58 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 42,356 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:37 AM

Confirmed Amish.
You are going to get shunned if you get caught on a computer. Lol

damn it your right

• 93er likes this

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#59 LennyTheBat

LennyTheBat
  • Free
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:43 PM

Good but overrated.
  • juice64011 and freddievanhalen3 like this

#60 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 42,356 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

Good but overrated.

my thoughts exactly 

• LennyTheBat likes this

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#61 OzPLATINUMpride

OzPLATINUMpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,729 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:53 PM

Van Halen are Good but overrated.

my thoughts exactly 

Even good is a reach

• freddievanhalen3 and chons like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#62 OzPLATINUMpride

OzPLATINUMpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,729 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:54 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Ea9Yzps.webm

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#63 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 42,356 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:57 PM

Even good is a reach

Vanhalen is pretty weak 

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

#64 GoToGuy

GoToGuy
  • Free
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:04 PM

If he makes it out of there alive it's really, really, really bad writing.

This is the weird part for me. I was shocked to see him "die" and I like his character but like you say if he manages to get out of that pack of walkers untouched it's going to look really dumb to me.

#65 LennyTheBat

LennyTheBat
  • Free
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

Around the time season one began I remember the word was that WD was going to be merciless when it came to killing of major characters.

Given this, I don't think the producers would allow Glenn to survive. I think it would actually damage the show if they did.

This Glenn thing is a litmus test.

#66 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 53,357 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:24 PM

Around the time season one began I remember the word was that WD was going to be merciless when it came to killing of major characters.

Given this, I don't think the producers would allow Glenn to survive. I think it would actually damage the show if they did.

The only people who were in Atlanta that are still alive are Darryl, Carol, Rick and Carl. Possibly Glenn too.

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#67 LennyTheBat

LennyTheBat
  • Free
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:29 PM

The only people who were in Atlanta that are still alive are Darryl, Carol, Rick and Carl. Possibly Glenn too.

That doesn't change the extreme level of hokiness that would be required to keep Glenn alive. My point stands.

#68 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 53,357 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:30 PM

That doesn't change the extreme level of hokiness that would be required to keep Glenn alive. My point stands.

Your point? I've been saying that since Sunday night. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#69 LennyTheBat

LennyTheBat
  • Free
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

Your point? I've been saying that since Sunday night.

OK. "Our point".

I thought you were defending Glenn surviving with your previous post. My bad.

#70 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 53,357 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

OK. "Our point".

I thought you were defending Glenn surviving with your previous post. My bad.

Nope, just pointing out they've thinned the group quite a bit. A lot of people **** on them for not killing off enough important characters, but when you get down to it, only 4 survivors from Atlanta left and Maggie is the only person from the farm still alive. 

Glenn should be dead, and when they show him escape I'm going to be maximum rustled.

I was rustled when he died, and I'm going to be rustled if he survives. 

• IrishSemtex and chons like this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#71 LennyTheBat

LennyTheBat
  • Free
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:01 PM

Nope, just pointing out they've thinned the group quite a bit. A lot of people **** on them for not killing off enough important characters, but when you get down to it, only 4 survivors from Atlanta left and Maggie is the only person from the farm still alive. 

Glenn should be dead, and when they show him escape I'm going to be maximum rustled.

I was rustled when he died, and I'm going to be rustled if he survives.

∆∆∆∆ And this is exactly how we feel. Lol
  • 12er™ and chons like this

#72 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,931 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:11 PM

After rewatching it Glenn is dead imo. If he is alive I'm done watching. He wasn't on the talking dead because he will do some flashback stuff but I bet he is on there in the next week or two.
  • IrishSemtex, 12er™ and LennyTheBat like this

MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion
Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion

#73 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 53,357 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:12 PM

After rewatching it Glenn is dead imo. If he is alive I'm done watching. He wasn't on the talking dead because he will do some flashback stuff but I bet he is on there in the next week or two.

Next week is a Morgan backstory episode. They're trolling us.

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#74 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 53,357 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:13 PM

I'll still watch it, but I'll be rustled.

I've been watching it with  the wife since day 1. We order a pizza and watch if every sunday, it's family time around here.

• TwennyFo, chons and LennyTheBat like this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#75 OzPLATINUMpride

OzPLATINUMpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,729 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:38 PM

perhaps he deserves a 'better' death

v4MjFdj.png

#76 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,931 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:41 PM

Then don't put him in an inescapable situation.
  • 12er™, chons and LennyTheBat like this

#77 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 53,357 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:57 PM

This. 

Just because you want it to follow the comics doesn't justify that level of plot armor.

• chons and LennyTheBat like this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#78 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:02 PM

Right. Zombies though... totally legit. Wackydoo! :P

• OzPLATINUMpride, 12er™ and LennyTheBat like this

#79 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 53,357 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:07 PM

Right. Zombies though... totally legit. Wackydoo! :P

Must. Resist....Obvious. Troll.....b8....m8.

photo-thumb-436520.jpg?_r=1445042843

Edited by 12er, 27 October 2015 - 06:08 PM.

• chons likes this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#80 OzPLATINUMpride

OzPLATINUMpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,729 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:32 PM

why is it inescapable? Glen has proven to be the best escape artist of them all the amount of times he's snuck past death. When he was tied to a chair with the governer? The guts ep? The OTHER dumpster time? Who's to say what's inescapable when you're only given certain angles to guess from?

There's tonnes of times they've escaped where they should have died. How about the thousands of zombies stabbed in their fleshy heads or through their chin that somehow nobody has managed to get cut by their teeth on the way through and been infected?

Rick cut his hand on the last ep - was that on the tiny knife? Or the zombie face?

point being - we're watching a **** zombie apocalypse here there's bound to be a bit of poetic licence used to keep the leads active.

v4MjFdj.png

#81 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 53,357 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:50 PM

why is it inescapable? Glen has proven to be the best escape artist of them all the amount of times he's snuck past death. When he was tied to a chair with the governer? The guts ep? The OTHER dumpster time? Who's to say what's inescapable when you're only given certain angles to guess from?

There's tonnes of times they've escaped where they should have died. How about the thousands of zombies stabbed in their fleshy heads or through their chin that somehow nobody has managed to get cut by their teeth on the way through and been infected?

Rick cut his hand on the last ep - was that on the tiny knife? Or the zombie face?

point being - we're watching a **** zombie apocalypse here there's bound to be a bit of poetic licence used to keep the leads active.

No. None of those is as ridiculous as a guy escaping after he fell 6 feet with a 170-200 lbs guy landing on top of him on concrete and then dozens of zombies piling on top of them. 

The show has gotten away with a lot without complaint, but this would be too far.

If they don't intend to kill him then this was a really badly written scene.

Edited by 12er, 27 October 2015 - 06:50 PM.

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#82 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,931 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

No. None of those is as ridiculous as a guy escaping after he fell 6 feet with a 170-200 lbs guy landing on top of him on concrete and then dozens of zombies piling on top of them.

The show has gotten away with a lot without complaint, but this would be too far.

If they don't intend to kill him then this was a really badly written scene.

Exactly, people let a lot slide but re-watch the scene and tell me there is a way out. Even if Nick is on top of him his legs, head, and arms are still exposed which would be bitten. I understand it's a show about zombies but that doesn't give them license to make up completely impossible scenarios.

#83 LennyTheBat

LennyTheBat
  • Free
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:17 PM

Es-capable or inescapable is up to the writers.  That is not the issue.  What's at issue is to what degree the show  has committed to integrity regarding what is being portrayed to the audience.  They're supposedly keeping it real.  If Glen survives they've crossed that line and now we have a different show -- kinda like superman never dying.  OK he died once in 77 years but came right the **** back and snapped out of it.

#84 OzPLATINUMpride

OzPLATINUMpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,729 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:38 PM

Es-capable or inescapable is up to the writers. That is not the issue. What's at issue is to what degree the show has committed to integrity regarding what is being portrayed to the audience. They're supposedly keeping it real. If Glen survives they've crossed that line and now we have a different show -- kinda like superman never dying. OK he died once in 77 years but came right the **** back and snapped out of it.

I dunno I guess we've only seen maybe 15% of that scene. At the moment they're in a frenzy and going for the guts. They're all in each other's way and bumping each other out so it's likely maybe only 6 or 7 actually have their teeth in. There's no brain capacity there to distinguish between the two for the zombies it's just like the thirst for blood or guts or whatever. Guts seem the most likely. Once Nicholas is done they may very well not realise Glenn's there, especially if there's a huge distraction right after.

Either that, or he is dead.

v4MjFdj.png

#85 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:53 PM

Must. Resist....Obvious. Troll.....b8....m8.

photo-thumb-436520.jpg?_r=1445042843

I'm the same wavelength you guys are, I think if he survives it's absurd but I don't mind. He's one of my favorites on the show, but if they do the dignified thing and kill him, I won't mind that either. 

You guys would have been proud at the real life rustle that went down during that scene. Epic butthurt. :P

I don't know if you've witnessed the hellish plot holes in the spin off? Every main character should have been killed for being so **** stupid. 

• OzPLATINUMpride and 12er™ like this

#86 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,931 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:03 PM

Lol, yeah I watched the spin-off and it is bad.

#87 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, it's pretty poor, but still better than a lot TV slop. Still though, it makes you wonder if people are just lazy with ideas or whatever. Somebody has to speak up during the process and say something doesn't work. 

• juice64011 likes this

#88 OzPLATINUMpride

OzPLATINUMpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,729 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:08 AM

Yeah, it's pretty poor, but still better than a lot TV slop. Still though, it makes you wonder if people are just lazy with ideas or whatever. Somebody has to speak up during the process and say something doesn't work.

as soon as I realised the lead was a 50 year old version of Ted from HIMYM And his wife, (I don't know where she's from but I've seen her before and I'm not a fan) I was ready to switch off.

v4MjFdj.png

#89 H.N.I.C.

H.N.I.C.
  • Free
  • 12,010 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:30 AM

can't help but wonder if that spin off was geared toward targeting a wider audience

the cast was made up of mostly minorities and special interest groups

• juice64011 likes this

This^

#90 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,931 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:11 AM

as soon as I realised the lead was a 50 year old version of Ted from HIMYM And his wife, (I don't know where she's from but I've seen her before and I'm not a fan) I was ready to switch off.

She ran CaraCara on Sons of Anarchy if you watch that show. She is also on House of Cards. 

#91 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 53,357 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:13 AM

She was on deadwood.

• juice64011 likes this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#92 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:35 AM

She was on deadwood.

Never forget RIP Deadwood
  • juice64011 and 12er™ like this

#93 sobercuban

sobercuban

Da Bess

• Moderators
  • 50,165 posts
  • LocationOver, Under, Through

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:38 AM

Lol @ Fear the Walking Dead sucks.

The title sucks but the show is cool. Darker feel.
  • WarWest® likes this

post-406774-0-12678100-1439418105.gif

post-406774-0-05914100-1428435713.jpg

#94 OzPLATINUMpride

OzPLATINUMpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,729 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

She was on deadwood.

that's where I knew her from! She always irked me

v4MjFdj.png

#95 OzPLATINUMpride

OzPLATINUMpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,729 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:12 PM

Lol @ Fear the Walking Dead sucks.

The title sucks but the show is cool. Darker feel.

if the protagonist wasn't a young Matt Brown in his prime I'd agree, but no.

v4MjFdj.png

#96 OzPLATINUMpride

OzPLATINUMpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,729 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:21 PM

81kW807.jpg

v4MjFdj.png

#97 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:27 PM

81kW807.jpg

I guess that settles it. Rick is saving Glenn from under that dumpster.

#98 SavageTC

SavageTC

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 12,696 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:44 PM

Arent you guys tired of repeating the same story endlessly?. I got two eps into season five, realized its just going in circles and havent watched it since. Not a single **** given
nicolas_cage_breeze.0.gif

#99 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:08 PM

Arent you guys tired of repeating the same story endlessly?. I got two eps into season five, realized its just going in circles and havent watched it since. Not a single **** given

Then why you in a thread about it trying to see what's happening?

#100 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:10 PM

I was getting sick of it, but that last episode reeled me in. I thought it was one of the best of the whole show, letting Glenn live would actually demean the episode a bit. :P