**SPOILERS** Official Walking Dead Thread

• Please log in to reply
898 replies to this topic

#101 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:11 PM

Then why you in a thread about it trying to see what's happening?

Why do you care that he's here? :P

• TigerChamp likes this

#102 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:17 PM

Why do you care that he's here? :P

I don't, but I feel a duty to help our fellow man in their time of need.
Tiger champ is obviously hurting inside due to the empty void from not watching.
His post was a cry for help and an intervention is entirely necessary.

I suggest he catch up on previous episodes with Netflix and the current season via amc.com.
Don't continue to sit in the shadows and wonder what your missing.

😎

Edited by 93er, 28 October 2015 - 07:20 PM.

#103 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,347 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:28 PM

Arent you guys tired of repeating the same story endlessly?. I got two eps into season five, realized its just going in circles and havent watched it since. Not a single **** given

I don't think its the same story at all.. haven't seen any repeats as far as character development - in the end there's about ten character arcs we're following, just like any other show, they put them amongst each other in challenging circumstances and see what happens. I'm the first to cut down a show / film if its garbage trust me - I think this is easily one of the most intense dramas ever made. Yeah it has some serious downpoints where they waste time (farm season for example) but other than that I rate it very highly.

Given Im a huge fan of the comics as well might be a bit of a blinder for the reality of this show but its better than 3/4 of the rubbish thats on tv

• TigerChamp likes this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#104 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 12,530 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:29 PM

Then why you in a thread about it trying to see what's happening?

Because im a moderator
  • Ozpride, sobercuban, WarWest® and 3 others like this
nicolas_cage_breeze.0.gif

#105 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:41 PM

I don't think its the same story at all.. haven't seen any repeats as far as character development - in the end there's about ten character arcs we're following, just like any other show, they put them amongst each other in challenging circumstances and see what happens. I'm the first to cut down a show / film if its garbage trust me - I think this is easily one of the most intense dramas ever made. Yeah it has some serious downpoints where they waste time (farm season for example) but other than that I rate it very highly.

Given Im a huge fan of the comics as well might be a bit of a blinder for the reality of this show but its better than 3/4 of the rubbish thats on tv

What are you talking about?

The group finding a fully functioning self sufficient community of pacifists and saving them from a horde of walkers leaving them open for a tack by a gang of psychos who write letters on their head in blood is exactly the same as the little girl walking out of the barn on the farm. Exactly!
Both of which were exactly the same as taking up residence in an abandoned prison and having a Minnie war with a town ran by a psycho with an eye patch who keeps zombie heads in a jar.
And don't even get me started on terminus and how everyone they met has tried to eat them, especially the cops who had carol and the little girl Daryl was going to go all pedo for.

#106 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:43 PM

Because im a moderator

You keep telling yourself that is why.
This is called the denial stage folks.

:-)

#107 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 52,962 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:46 PM

Arent you guys tired of repeating the same story endlessly?. I got two eps into season five, realized its just going in circles and havent watched it since. Not a single **** given

Season 6 has been phenomenal so far. My b hole has been puckered and my jimmies damn near shattered and we're only 3 episodes in.

• Ozpride, GURU|Cole and chons like this

post-406774-0-33798100-1483399020.jpg

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#108 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 52,962 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Season 6 has been phenomenal so far. My b hole has been puckered and my jimmies damn near shattered and we're only 3 episodes in.

• chons likes this

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#109 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,347 posts
  • LocationOztralia

What are you talking about?

The group finding a fully functioning self sufficient community of pacifists and saving them from a horde of walkers leaving them open for a tack by a gang of psychos who write letters on their head in blood is exactly the same as the little girl walking out of the barn on the farm. Exactly!
Both of which were exactly the same as taking up residence in an abandoned prison and having a Minnie war with a town ran by a psycho with an eye patch who keeps zombie heads in a jar.
And don't even get me started on terminus and how everyone they met has tried to eat them, especially the cops who had carol and the little girl Daryl was going to go all pedo for.

goldberg.jpg

VIRTUALLY IDENTICAL.

• 93er, 12er™ and chons like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#110 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:47 PM

Why is 93er rustled about others opinion? Tiger champ is right about this show going in circles for multiple seasons. This season has been great though, much better than the last few.
  • Ozpride, TigerChamp, 12er™ and 2 others like this

MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion
Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion

#111 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,347 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:47 PM

... a post so nice?

• 12er™ and chons like this

v4MjFdj.png

#112 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:51 PM

You keep telling yourself that is why.
This is called the denial stage folks.

:-)

what-the-f-tom-delonge.gif

• WarWest®, 93er and TigerChamp like this

#113 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:52 PM

Why is 93er rustled about others opinion? Tiger champ is right about this show going in circles for multiple seasons. This season has been great though, much better than the last few.

Not rustled at all. I have adamantium jimmies. If I ever come across as rustled I am probably joking or being sarcastic which I am not good at conveying on the inter webs.
With that said I hope tiger champ gets help for his walking dead issues and it does not adversely affect his ability to moderate.

Edited by 93er, 28 October 2015 - 07:53 PM.

• chons likes this

#114 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:53 PM

Same here. It feels great to get so riled up by TV, I'm glad I stuck with it. I was honestly thinking of passing because of the spin off. 

• GURU|Cole, 12er™ and H.N.I.C. like this

#115 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 52,962 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:03 PM

... a post so nice?

... a post so nice?

That's a big ten fo buddy.

• Ozpride likes this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#116 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 12,530 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:19 PM

this actually sums up some of the problems i have with TWD. I just got tired of people making the same dumb mistakes over, and over, and over.

If you like it, all good, was just wondering if anyone was over the same plot devices constantly being reused.

http://www.cracked.c...stop-repeating/

• juice64011 and H.N.I.C. like this

#117 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 12,530 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:23 PM

They dont make jimmies like they used to
  • Ozpride, juice64011, 12er™ and 2 others like this

#118 NetshadeX

NetshadeX
  • Free
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:32 PM

I see two options, a Glenn under the dumpster escape, or Maggie having to kill zombie Glenn. Either way there wasn't enough of a build up to Glenn's death. No way they're leaving it at this. Also if Glenn didn't either escape or show up as a zombie, none of the others would ever know what happened to him. Maggie would never stop looking for him, which would be pointless if he died.

• H.N.I.C. likes this

nqez5.jpg

#119 H.N.I.C.

H.N.I.C.
  • Free
  • 11,981 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:43 PM

TC > TWD
  • TigerChamp likes this

This^

#120 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 12,530 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:00 AM

TC > TWD

QFT
  • H.N.I.C. likes this

#121 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:06 AM

I see two options, a Glenn under the dumpster escape, or Maggie having to kill zombie Glenn. Either way there wasn't enough of a build up to Glenn's death. No way they're leaving it at this. Also if Glenn didn't either escape or show up as a zombie, none of the others would ever know what happened to him. Maggie would never stop looking for him, which would be pointless if he died.

Her sister disappeared and she didn't look or even really care after about 30 seconds.

• TigerChamp and 12er™ like this

MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion
Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion

#122 GURU|Cole

GURU|Cole

2016's Award Winner Winner

• Free
  • 20,014 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:39 AM

I think we need an official walking dead thread...

93er, change the name of this thread to the official walking dead thread.

8mZZei2.png?1

#123 GURU|Cole

GURU|Cole

• Free
  • 20,014 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:41 AM

Season 6 so far is excellent.

Season 5 was real good.

Season 4 was ok.

Season 3 was meh.

Season 2 was meh.

Season 1 was excellent.

• JChristian522 likes this

8mZZei2.png?1

#124 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 52,962 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:24 AM

That's realistic though. In this world people would disappear all the time and there would be no closure.

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#125 NetshadeX

NetshadeX
  • Free
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:38 AM

That's realistic though. In this world people would disappear all the time and there would be no closure.

It is, but it would sort of break "tv show rules" the audience always get's rewarded one way or the other. The rest of the cast left wondering what happened to Glenn wouldn't fit those rules, it would frustrate the audience, There has to be a witness to his death. the only way they could make it work is with zombie Glenn or a miracle escape.

nqez5.jpg

#126 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 52,962 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:44 AM

It is, but it would sort of break "tv show rules" the audience always get's rewarded one way or the other. The rest of the cast left wondering what happened to Glenn wouldn't fit those rules, it would frustrate the audience, There has to be a witness to his death. the only way they could make it work is with zombie Glenn or a miracle escape.

I agree with you about the existence of that rule, not with the rule itself.

**** the audience. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#127 LennyTheBat

LennyTheBat
  • Free
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:42 AM

The audience would not be frustrated because it knows glen's fate.

#128 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:17 AM

I think we need an official walking dead thread...

93er, change the name of this thread to the official walking dead thread.

Only if tiger champ agrees to pin it.

Edited by 93er, 30 October 2015 - 09:19 AM.

#129 12er™

12er™

Lead Detective

• Free
  • 52,962 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:26 AM

Not his jurisdiction mate, he was modded to keep the Australians and Indian spammers in line. Nerdgin affairs go through McMod

• GURU|Cole, 93er and TigerChamp like this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#130 GURU|Cole

GURU|Cole

• Free
  • 20,014 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:10 AM

idk if TWD deserves a pin....

But there is clearly interest for the show over here, I feel it deserves it's own thread. Might as well make it this one.

8mZZei2.png?1

#131 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 25,976 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:25 AM

I changed the title, but I don't think there's enough here to warrant pinning. I like to keep as few threads pinned as possible. I'd even argue that we probably don't need any of the pinned threads in this section to be pinned.

• GURU|Cole likes this

#132 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 25,976 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:27 AM

Season 6 so far is excellent.

Season 5 was real good.

Season 4 was ok.

Season 3 was meh.

Season 2 was meh.

Season 1 was excellent.

Season two was trash. Otherwise I agree.

• GURU|Cole likes this

#133 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:08 PM

I changed the title, but I don't think there's enough here to warrant pinning. I like to keep as few threads pinned as possible. I'd even argue that we probably don't need any of the pinned threads in this section to be pinned.

Awwwww mcmod, I just wanted the satisfaction of tiger champ pinning a walking dead thread after he said he was not interested in the show.

#134 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,347 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:12 PM

You plebs there's already a walking dead thred smh where u at McMerge?

v4MjFdj.png

#135 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 25,976 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:15 PM

You plebs there's already a walking dead thred smh where u at McMerge?

1) I'm pretty sure that was titled Walking Dead Season Five thread if I remember correctly

2) I haven't seen that thread in months, and I'm way too lazy to dig it up, so this is the new Walking Dead thread.

• Ozpride and GURU|Cole like this

#136 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 12,530 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:13 PM

Awwwww mcmod, I just wanted the satisfaction of tiger champ pinning a walking dead thread after he said he was not interested in the show.

LoL 0 to rustled in 3 posts or less

• Mcmax3000 likes this

#137 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,347 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:40 PM

1) I'm pretty sure that was titled Walking Dead Season Five thread if I remember correctly

2) I haven't seen that thread in months, and I'm way too lazy to dig it up, so this is the new Walking Dead thread.

1) I'm pretty sure we've been discussing TWD longer than tew seasons

2) thanks anyway doe :)

v4MjFdj.png

#138 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:08 PM

LoL 0 to rustled in 3 posts or less

Mods teaming up on forum members? This is an abuse of power, if Leoni were still here she wouldn't stand for this **** lol.

Rustled? You keep using that word.
I do not think it means what you think it means.

Like Russell Crow or Kurt Russell?
Rustlemania?

Edited by 93er, 30 October 2015 - 09:11 PM.

#139 IrishSemtex

IrishSemtex
  • Free
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:46 AM

After rewatching it Glenn is dead imo. If he is alive I'm done watching. He wasn't on the talking dead because he will do some flashback stuff but I bet he is on there in the next week or two.

Maybe we'll get Maggie talking to Glen on an unplugged phone.
I'm with most of you, it would be pretty weak for Glen to survive this. But I'm also annoyed after everything he's gone through and survived, to die in such a lame way is at least as weak. In either case the writers did a **** job in this instance.

And **** Morgan
Jenna didn't tap.

Mauro will not divide us.

#140 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,347 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:29 PM

"and THEN we'll do a 90 minute ep about Morgan!"

the-walking-dead-word-association-game-w

let the rustle flow

• Mcmax3000, Ozpride, WarWest® and 1 other like this

v4MjFdj.png

#141 H.N.I.C.

H.N.I.C.
  • Free
  • 11,981 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:16 PM

TC > TWD

lol did you edit this TC?

This^

#142 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:51 PM

Hold up walking dead, im'a let you finish but I gotta stop you right there... Did someone just say he learned an arm bar escape from the bottom in aikido? Do they even do that in aikido?
Also when he swept Morgan he didn't keep the leg trapped with his foot when he passed. Would have totally got caught in half guard.
And do they use Bo staff in aikido?

I thought they just run at each other and do flips when they are touched.
From what I have seen of aikido zombies are about the only thing it might work on.

Edited by 93er, 01 November 2015 - 10:52 PM.

• IrishSemtex likes this

#143 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 20,347 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:22 PM

Hold up walking dead, im'a let you finish but I gotta stop you right there... Did someone just say he learned an arm bar escape from the bottom in aikido? Do they even do that in aikido?
Also when he swept Morgan he didn't keep the leg trapped with his foot when he passed. Would have totally got caught in half guard.

From what I have seen of aikido zombies are about the only thing it might work on.

you know nothing, literally nothing about Aikido.
  • TwennyFo likes this

v4MjFdj.png

#144 H.N.I.C.

H.N.I.C.
  • Free
  • 11,981 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:29 PM

2709130.jpg

• Mcmax3000, IrishSemtex, GURU|Cole and 4 others like this

This^

#145 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:54 AM

you know nothing, literally nothing about Aikido.

Pleas elaborate and educate us.

I was expecting this response from evolvway.

I will concede the point about weapons since most of the movements are based on weapons movements even though I never see any aikido guys using them with the exception of defending against basic attacks similar to their striking.

I will admit I am wrong on the groundwork if you can show me one book or video about Aikido that discusses the type of grappling he was describing and was written or filmed prior to 1992.

Edited by 93er, 02 November 2015 - 07:37 AM.

• IrishSemtex likes this

#146 NetshadeX

NetshadeX
  • Free
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:10 AM

FSEVb.gif

• IrishSemtex, 93er, TwennyFo and 1 other like this

nqez5.jpg

#147 GURU|Cole

GURU|Cole

• Free
  • 20,014 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:13 AM

That Morgan ep was cool, but dam why did they have to leave the Glen thing in the air.

• GoToGuy, TwennyFo and NetshadeX like this

8mZZei2.png?1

#148 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 25,976 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:44 AM

Last night's episode was fine, but it did not need to be 90 minutes. I was getting pretty bored by the 60 minute mark.

• H.N.I.C. likes this

#149 GURU|Cole

GURU|Cole

• Free
  • 20,014 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:56 AM

Last night's episode was fine, but it did not need to be 90 minutes. I was getting pretty bored by the 60 minute mark.

I didn't get bored, I thought it was pretty fascinating seeing how Morgan got that way. It doesn't have to be all blood and death mcmod!

• TwennyFo likes this

8mZZei2.png?1

#150 93er

93er
  • Free
  • 580 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:32 AM

I didn't get bored, I thought it was pretty fascinating seeing how Morgan got that way. It doesn't have to be all blood and death mcmod!

I was just butt hurt that the guy that taught Morgan to be a bad **** had a receding hair line and a beer gut, was going on about Aikido, and did not know how to properly pass gaurd.
  • IrishSemtex likes this