Sign in to follow this  
freddievanhalen3

The Comeback

Who should they cast, OP?

That's kind of my feeling on the idea. I like it in theory, but I feel like anybody interesting that's been in the UFC in the past is either signed somewhere, or retired.

• Like 1

Matt serra at heavyweight.

I thought that was a kind of underrated series of tuf really. The coaching setup was a bit odd though.

Paul Daley springs to mind.

• Like 1

That's kind of my feeling on the idea. I like it in theory, but I feel like anybody interesting that's been in the UFC in the past is either signed somewhere, or retired.

I didnt reall think that far ahead.. lol give me a sec 

• Like 1

Maybe a heavyweight season

I'm sure if there were 16 quality unsigned heavyweights out there, they'd gladly do another one, but as is, I don't know if they could even find eight to do heavyweights along with another weight class.

• Like 1

Always wanted to see another Comeback season but the problem is they can't give the winners another title shot but they probably won't be able to lure back enough ex-UFC fighters without offering a shot. 

• Like 1

Always wanted to see another Comeback season but the problem is they can't give the winners another title shot but they probably won't be able to lure back enough ex-UFC fighters without offering a shot. 

probably true

I feel like this topic has been talked about before and not just on the these forums but with Dana too. I think everything you guys said is true but if they did this, I think it would be with current roster guys who have been with the company a semi long time but are on maybe a one or two fight losing streak with guys who have spotty UFC records, i.e. win one / lose one / repeat. 

The biggest division is welterweight so I think that may make the most sense.. guys like...

John Howard

Josh Burkman

Erick Silva

KJ Noons

Lorenz Larkin

Brandon Thatch

Court McGee again?

Dan Hardy would be interesting too

THEN maybe even throw in CM Punk in there for ****s and giggles if it was lesser competition than the guys above.

• Like 4

I feel like this topic has been talked about before and not just on the these forums but with Dana too. I think everything you guys said is true but if they did this, I think it would be with current roster guys who have been with the company a semi long time but are on maybe a one or two fight losing streak with guys who have spotty UFC records, i.e. win one / lose one / repeat. 

The biggest division is welterweight so I think that may make the most sense.. guys like...

John Howard

Josh Burkman

Erick Silva

KJ Noons

Lorenz Larkin

Brandon Thatch

Court McGee again?

Dan Hardy would be interesting too

THEN maybe even throw in CM Punk in there for ****s and giggles if it was lesser competition than the guys above.

huh thats a really cool idea.. I think they would have to give a title shot to the winner IMO though 

huh thats a really cool idea.. I think they would have to give a title shot to the winner IMO though 

oh absolutely.. to run through that gauntlet.. I would think so.

• Like 1

I also think they could do it at lightweight 

oh yeah. for sure.. its the second biggest division. I would imagine both Welterweight and Lightweight. 8 and 8. give the winners title shots. I'd watch.. yep.

• Like 1

oh yeah. for sure.. its the second biggest division. I would imagine both Welterweight and Lightweight. 8 and 8. give the winners title shots. I'd watch.. yep.

That would be so awesome 

I know flyweight gets alot of hate but a season which the winner gets a title shot would be cool too

Omg that season would be boring. They'd have to have another weight class in there.

• Like 1

Get TJ Grant out of the Potash mine.  Add in there Joe Stevenson, BJ, Sean Sherk, George Sotiropolous and Gabe Ruediger and you can do it at LW.

Yeah, that line up probably helps explain why this is a bad idea I'm afraid.

• Like 3

I do like the idea of some kind of ULTIMATE Ultimate Fighter where past TUF winners fight each other to see who the best ultimate fighter is and the winner gets a title shot. 

Diego

Nate Diaz

Danzig

Tony Ferguson

Chiesa

Colton Smith

Jonathan Brookins

Ross Pearson

Escudero

Joe Stevenson 

And the winner of this seasons TUF 

I do like the idea of some kind of ULTIMATE Ultimate Fighter where past TUF winners fight each other to see who the best ultimate fighter is and the winner gets a title shot. 

Diego

Nate Diaz

Danzig

Tony Ferguson

Chiesa

Colton Smith

Jonathan Brookins

Ross Pearson

Escudero

Joe Stevenson 

The problem with that is that I'd have to see Colton Smith fight again, and he's the biggest can to ever come out of TUF, so I'd rather not do that.

• Like 3

The problem with that is that I'd have to see Colton Smith fight again, and he's the biggest can to ever come out of TUF, so I'd rather not do that.

i concur 

• Like 1

I forgot about all the international winners as well. 

Throw in 

Leonardo Santos

Norman Parke

Glaico Franca

The winner of TUF 22

and the winner of TUF Latin America 2 

and would be pretty entertaining imo 

you've opened the door for Evolve to make claims that Colton is the greatest fighter alive.

Diego

Nate Diaz

Danzig

Tony Ferguson

Chiesa

Colton Smith

Jonathan Brookins

Ross Pearson

Escudero

Joe Stevenson 

El Cucuy would run through that field now.

• Like 1

you've opened the door for Evolve to make claims that Colton is the greatest fighter alive.

If someone who watched TUF China calls him the biggest can in TUF history, that really should mean something.

If someone who watched TUF China calls him the biggest can in TUF history, that really should mean something.

It would mean that they clearly forgot about Jason "Strange Brew" Thacker of TUF 1 notoriety.

• Like 1

It would mean that they clearly forgot about Jason "Strange Brew" Thacker of TUF 1 notoriety.

No, I remember him. I stand by my statement.

Who do you think would challenge him?

Danny Abbadi has to be up there - the guy who lost to Ed Herman in his first fight.  

Finished 4-6, including defeats to Jorge Gurgel (at MW!!!), Kalib the original running man Starnes and his final defeat was to an aging Shonie Carter.

Let's also not forget Ross Pointon with his 6-17 record.

• Like 1

Danny Abbadi has to be up there - the guy who lost to Ed Herman in his first fight.  

Finished 4-6, including defeats to Jorge Gurgel (at MW!!!), Kalib the original running man Starnes and his final defeat was to an aging Shonie Carter.

Let's also not forget Ross Pointon with his 6-17 record.

there was a programme on tv with mma fighters in Stoke and Ross Pointon ran the gym.  He was calling himself a heavyweight world  champion which baffled me.  Possibly the worst MMA fighter ive set eyes on..

• Like 2

there was a programme on tv with mma fighters in Stoke and Ross Pointon ran the gym.  He was calling himself a heavyweight world  champion which baffled me.  Possibly the worst MMA fighter ive set eyes on..

lol hes horrible.. thats pretty rich 

I think a season where they get half the fighters from Legacy and half from RFA and have a season like that would be cool

take a decent fighter from Shooto (pretty rare) one from One championship throw them in the mix.. Unified or MFC.  One from cage warriors or BAMMA and one from Fight nights in Russia.   :D

• Like 1

take a decent fighter from Shooto (pretty rare) one from One championship throw them in the mix.. Unified or MFC.  One from cage warriors or BAMMA and one from Fight nights in Russia.   :D

That would be awesome 

I'm sure if there were 16 quality unsigned heavyweights out there, they'd gladly do another one, but as is, I don't know if they could even find eight to do heavyweights along with another weight class.

there is but they're all in Russia and UFC is doesn't want to recruit ten Russians that will lockdown the division

there is but they're all in Russia and UFC is doesn't want to recruit ten Russians that will lockdown the division

That would make for a pretty cool season of TUF all Russians