Sign in to follow this  
OzStraya

Oz's obligatory annual heatwave thread.

Juice's annual reply to oz's heat wave thread.

It's cold here, they are talking about temps dropping below 0*F this weekend. The next two months are normally miserable here.

• Like 8

Juice's annual reply to oz's heat wave thread.

It's cold here, they are talking about temps dropping below 0*F this weekend. The next two months are normally miserable here.

lol!!

dude I searched for like 10 mins trying to find one of my older ones - by the power of mod's please merge them!! 

that's cold as ****

is it snowboarding weather? or kill your townsfolk weather?

or both? we can have both!

• Like 5

Tigermod how's it up your way mate? We've had 6 days straight over 40.. normally never happens til feb. no fires this week yet though so things could be worse! 

• Like 1

Tigermod how's it up your way mate? We've had 6 days straight over 40.. normally never happens til feb. no fires this week yet though so things could be worse!

Mid thirties and beautiful today, expecting close to 40 over the next couple. Whats ****ed up is two days ago we had 200kmh tornados ripping **** to pieces just round the corner from me. When the **** did we start getting tornados? SES will be workin their arses off right now
  • Like 4

lol!!

dude I searched for like 10 mins trying to find one of my older ones - by the power of mod's please merge them!!

that's cold as ****

is it snowboarding weather? or kill your townsfolk weather?

or both? we can have both!

I will try to find it tomorrow. It's snowboarding weather now. Hopefully it stays a little warmer than last year.
  • Like 4

Mid thirties and beautiful today, expecting close to 40 over the next couple. Whats **** up is two days ago we had 200kmh tornados ripping **** to pieces just round the corner from me. When the **** did we start getting tornados? SES will be workin their arses off right now

JAYSUS! 

Tornados?! 200km is srs buisiness.

We get little mini whirlies around the place but nothing like that. I thought that was only in full on tropics like Cairns and the other dengue fever ****holes where you can't swin at the beaches?  I just volunteered for SES down here til the end of jan.. god knows why..  its mainly clean up for car smashes but one of the blokes from my CFS said to come with them. apparently its not pretty. I might reneg on that now that I think of it

• Like 4

JAYSUS! 

Tornados?! 200km is srs buisiness.

We get little mini whirlies around the place but nothing like that. I thought that was only in full on tropics like Cairns and the other dengue fever **** where you can't swin at the beaches?  I just volunteered for SES down here til the end of jan.. god knows why..  its mainly clean up for car smashes but one of the blokes from my CFS said to come with them. apparently its not pretty. I might reneg on that now that I think of it

I saw the warning in the morning and thought it was just rubbish, way too far south but no it really happened. It wasnt like in the states or anything but it still trashed the suburbs of bondi maroubra and kurnell near botany bay.

• Like 3

And good on you for volunteering, need more, but i agree its difficult and sometimes horrible work

cheers mang.. I do CFS here and its mainly hanging around and talking **** and using a free gym for boxing and a bit of jits, but the bushfire callouts are intense and work doesn't like it haha.. that's pretty messed up if they get those winds in a developed area it could be pretty brutal! Hasn't hit the news here yet - its only ever about the cricket ball sized hail haha 

see much of that?

• Like 1

cheers mang.. I do CFS here and its mainly hanging around and talking **** and using a free gym for boxing and a bit of jits, but the bushfire callouts are intense and work doesn't like it haha.. that's pretty messed up if they get those winds in a developed area it could be pretty brutal! Hasn't hit the news here yet - its only ever about the cricket ball sized hail haha 

see much of that?

Yes there was ****loads of posts of cricket ball size hail here from the other day. The roof of bondi westfields partially caved in and it tore a load of roofs and balconies clear off their houses. Some poor bloke sold his house at auction just a couple of hours before the tornados ripped it down...

The mild winter here is still in full flow. Still walking around in shorts and tshirt and they reckon it'll be around 18c on xmas day. If it wasn't for the rain it would be brilliant

• Like 1

Yes there was ****loads of posts of cricket ball size hail here from the other day. The roof of bondi westfields partially caved in and it tore a load of roofs and balconies clear off their houses. Some poor bloke sold his house at auction just a couple of hours before the tornados ripped it down...

jesus.. gotta get some of them on here. The yanks would love that ish. They keep saying their hurricanes are dangerous lol..

(ok they're pretty bad)

• Like 1

Mainlanders......

Move to Tassie. We've got bi polar weather and ice addicts

lol
  • Like 4

jesus.. gotta get some of them on here. The yanks would love that ish. They keep saying their hurricanes are dangerous lol..

(ok they're pretty bad)

Ill post some deets when i get home, some impressively scary ****.

Mainlanders......

Move to Tassie. We've got bi polar weather and ice addicts

Ice heads are like ****roaches, once infested youll never get rid of all of them, and theyre getting so common. You can keep your antarctic bull**** though lmao

• Like 3

**** me mate!

Yeah I live pretty close to some of the worst hit areas, but thankfully my place didnt get damaged. Just lots of trees with broken limbs all up the street. My boss was working in Bondi when the roof caved in, crazy that no one was injured

• Like 4

Its official that Adelaide was the hottest city on earth yesterday! Lol..

My dog was outside and survived.

Certified black beast

• Like 2

This is right near my place

Jesus!!!!

I love the 'and a girl.. she lives there too' haha

#wolfcreek

• Like 6

Weather in Boston this year is crazy.

After record snowfall last year we still don't have a flake yet this year.

Today it's going up to 50 degrees. There's been tons of days that warm and warmer in December so far. I don't ever remember it being this warm at the end of the year. **** is crazy especially after the previous brutal winter last year.

The Global Warming struggle is real.

Edited by Omoplataypus
  • Like 2

Weather in Boston this year is crazy.

After record snowfall last year we still don't have a flake yet this year.

Today it's going up to 50 degrees. There's been tons of days that warm and warmer in December so far. I don't ever remember it being this warm at the end of the year. **** is crazy especially after the previous brutal winter last year.

The Global Warming struggle is real.

came here to post this.

some scary **** for the east coast tbh. Ive been out in a t shirt the whole week..... Its ****ing a week before Christmas!! wtf is going on. 

• Like 2

One local forecaster predicted 77 degrees here for X-Mas day. Finna have grilled steaks and potatoes waiting for Santa when he comes down the chimney this year.

• Like 2

One local forecaster predicted 77 degrees here for X-Mas day. Finna have grilled steaks and potatoes waiting for Santa when he comes down the chimney this year.

the xmas bbq is looking good for this year. Be like being back in NZ and Oz :D Edited by crangs

It's holiday bbq now.

858.gif

lel, pc can go eat an erect holiday penis while I eat my xmas bbq :lol: Edited by crangs
  • Like 1

Were Europeans sent to Australia for punishment? 137 degrees is much hotter than the deserts here in Murica.

That's either the most deadpan piece of irony or your unfamiliar with Australia's origin!

@crangs, 18 degrees in England?? Lol, that's warmer than it was in half of new Zealand!

• Like 1

That's either the most deadpan piece of irony or your unfamiliar with Australia's origin!

@crangs, 18 degrees in England?? Lol, that's warmer than it was in half of new Zealand!

lol, I always tell people to pack warm when going to nz. Them southerly fronts are a bastard and can get right to your bones
  • Like 1

It's all about the humidity, it was 41 today with 15% humidity or some **** and it wasn't that hot. the other week it was like 25 with 90% humidity and it was horrible

Edited by Yesterdays_Hero
  • Like 2

It's all about the humidity, it was 41 today with 15% humidity or some **** and it wasn't that hot. the other week it was like 25 with 90% humidity and it was horrible

LoL I know dem feels. Ive got family in Perth and last time I went to visit it hit near 50, but no humidity so as long as you werent in direct sun it wasnt too bad. A 30 degree day here with 80% and you want to kill yourself, but its too much effort

• Like 3

lol, I always tell people to pack warm when going to nz. Them southerly fronts are a bastard and can get right to your bones

Yeah, there's definitely a bit of a nip in the air at times. Still weird hearing Christmas carols on warm sunny days though.

Remind me which part of nz are you from mate?

• Like 1

Yeah, there's definitely a bit of a nip in the air at times. Still weird hearing Christmas carols on warm sunny days though.

Remind me which part of nz are you from mate?

Middle of the North Island between Taupo and Rotorua

• Like 1

ill be back here to troll all you ****ers from the land down under in july,  when idyb makes his very own Annual Heatwave thread for those of us living in the land up over.

then again that may not work as you ****ers will probably be out in shorts and a tshirt in OZ winters anyways.  do you even snowboard bro?

Edited by idyb
  • Like 1

Bump

So its gonna be 42 degrees celcius for Christmas day. All non gas BBQ's are banned as it's considered "catastrophic" conditions. Guaranteed someone will start a fire and I'll get a call out ffs

• Like 3

WTF happened to Tahune???  The Tassie Ice heads must've got him :(

• Like 1

A murky 12 degrees here for xmas.  Imma just chill with my food baby

• Like 1