Sign in to follow this  
OzStraya

Oz's obligatory annual heatwave thread.

15 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

At night time it's 46 today (115) with 60% humidity with no ozone layer. Arizona is for pussays, b0y

That's nothing. 

1 minute ago, BART-O-LINI said:

That's nothing. 

This isn't a d!ck measuring contest, you miserable cuck. 

Also, retard, since you've never left your inbred desert town, let alone your country, your opinion on this is completely invalid. 

16 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Also, retard, since you've never left your inbred desert town, let alone your country, your opinion on this is completely invalid. 

Have you been to Arizona in June? That's what I thought. Since you haven't and I haven't been to your stupid **** continent, just let the sources speak for themselves.

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

At night time it's 46 today (115) with 60% humidity with no ozone layer. Arizona is for pussays, b0y

this kind of sh*t wouldnt happen in canada. especially in f*cking january.

thats actually hotter than the hottest temperature ever recorded in all of canada in anywhere anytime ever.  f*ck you ausgaylians and your warm **** weather.   but its alright over here now. 2 degrees out and if it stays like this much longer a little bit of the snow might start to melt. its a beautiful day out here thanks to global warming.

Edited by -idyb-

35 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

They are predicting -52*F with the wind chill on Wednesday.

Fml

It's been-45 around home last week.

Old lady isnt happy, I've been sitting in +7c working in a t shirt 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Fml

Yep that's cranking in here too, buckle down for the global warming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Fml

crikey m8. that kind of shit wouldn't happen in australia

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Fml

Came here to say this ^ 

-16 for a high here on Wednesdsy and thats before the wind chill. Record cold. Just had a 13 year old here who ran away from home in the middle of the night, underestimated the cold, found him frozen to death yesterday. This weather is depressing.

you know its cold in australia when they only have to put on one layer of sunscreen.

5 hours ago, TUF said:

Came here to say this ^ 

-16 for a high here on Wednesdsy and thats before the wind chill. Record cold. Just had a 13 year old here who ran away from home in the middle of the night, underestimated the cold, found him frozen to death yesterday. This weather is depressing.

We seem to get a college kid or 21 year old that tries walking home from the bar or passes out outside every few years. Hopefully people aren't that dumb this year. 

The good news is they are talking 30 on Saturday. We could possibly have a 63 degree swing from the low temp on Wednesday to the high on Saturday but still be below freezing. 

• Like 1

I was in Toronto for meetings and awards... minus 37  celcius with wind chill... and humid cold.. global warming my azzzzzz

• Like 1

3 hours ago, juice64011 said:

We seem to get a college kid or 21 year old that tries walking home from the bar or passes out outside every few years. Hopefully people aren't that dumb this year. 

The good news is they are talking 30 on Saturday. We could possibly have a 63 degree swing from the low temp on Wednesday to the high on Saturday but still be below freezing. 

I wonder if that is also a record. It's all going to feel the same from the comfort of my home cause I'm not going outside in that chit. 

Edited by TUF
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eclipse76 said:

I was in Toronto for meetings and awards... minus 37  celcius with wind chill... and humid cold.. global warming my azzzzzz

is normal

• Haha 1

its 1 degree above zero right now. right now thats basically a heat wave for us. any warmer and we'd be jumping in the lakes. hell people were already doing that a month ago for the polar bear dip.

pretty soon we're not even going to have any polar bears and we're gonna have to call it something else because our polar bears will have starved to death after all of our arctic ice melted.   this will mainly be due to global warming, caused by tigerchamp, enigma,  ozpride and the rest of the knob jockeys from australia having their barbeques in the middle of f*cking january, warming up earths climate.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TUF said:

I wonder if that is also a record. It's all going to feel the same from the comfort of my home cause I'm not going outside in that chit. 

I looked it up and Oklahoma had a 110 degree rise within 7 days but this would be about 48 hours.

I thought this was an interesting story.

Imagine bundling up to get the newspaper on an early morning at 7:30 a.m. with the temperature at a frigid -4 degrees.

Just two minutes later as you are letting Fido have a potty break on the lawn, you notice that the frigid air you walked out the door into is not so frigid anymore. You look at your thermometer and the temperature has shot up to 45 degrees. That's right, a temperature increase of 49 degrees in just two minutes!

But wait, that's not the end of this wild morning weather story. After the temperature climbs all the way to 54 degrees at 9 a.m., it crashes down again 58 degrees in 27 minutes to -4 degrees once again.

Sounds like a dream, but it's not. All of this happened in Spearfish, S.D. on January 22, 1943.

• Like 1

It wouldn't be a US record

Largest temperature change
The largest recorded temperature change in one place over a 24-hour period occurred on January 15, 1972 in Loma, Montana, when the temperature rose from −54 to 49 °F (−47.8 to 9.4 °C).
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I looked it up and Oklahoma had a 110 degree rise within 7 days but this would be about 48 hours.

I thought this was an interesting story.

Imagine bundling up to get the newspaper on an early morning at 7:30 a.m. with the temperature at a frigid -4 degrees.

Just two minutes later as you are letting Fido have a potty break on the lawn, you notice that the frigid air you walked out the door into is not so frigid anymore. You look at your thermometer and the temperature has shot up to 45 degrees. That's right, a temperature increase of 49 degrees in just two minutes!

But wait, that's not the end of this wild morning weather story. After the temperature climbs all the way to 54 degrees at 9 a.m., it crashes down again 58 degrees in 27 minutes to -4 degrees once again.

Sounds like a dream, but it's not. All of this happened in Spearfish, S.D. on January 22, 1943.

I remember reading about this on wiki not too long ago. Forget the name of the phenomenon but it has something to do with pockets in the atmosphere crashing to earth or something. The one I read happened at night where everybody in this small town woke up in a panic cause it climbed like 40 degrees to 120 in seconds. I need this in my life right now.  

• Like 2

Just rose to 42F, that's changing real fast....polar vortex on it's way in, waiting for the wind now.

3 hours ago, juice64011 said:

It wouldn't be a US record

Largest temperature change
The largest recorded temperature change in one place over a 24-hour period occurred on January 15, 1972 in Loma, Montana, when the temperature rose from −54 to 49 °F (−47.8 to 9.4 °C).

god damn.

Edited by -idyb-

Temperature is dropping fast, wind is howling...going to be cold AF tonight...Chicago is getting slammed big time.

• Sad 1

Currently -54 with the wind chill. It's been getting colder all day. The wind is supposed calm later tonight but tomorrow morning they are saying -33 not counting wind chill. All schools in the area shut down today and tomorrow. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Currently -54 with the wind chill. It's been getting colder all day. The wind is supposed calm later tonight but tomorrow morning they are saying -33 not counting wind chill. All schools in the area shut down today and tomorrow. 

Holy fugg !!,,,,where you at Juice ?

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Frozen hell

North Dakota

Oh hell yeah, ND is known to be a freezer...stay safe in the next 48 hrs. It's going to be cold here, but not like Chicago... -12 ambient w/-25 wind chill here.

Edited by Bwana

Fargo ND looking at -31F ambient tonight,,,,thats only 25F colder than the North Pole today, geezuz Juice

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Please rename this thread to bunch of betas crying about the weather. 

There's no such thing as bad weather - just wrong clothing!

All lies...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bwana said:

Fargo ND looking at -31F ambient tonight,,,,thats only 25F colder than the North Pole today, geezuz Juice

It's really cold but today is actually nicer than yesterday. Yesterday we had a 20-30 mph wind. Today it's calm.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Please rename this thread to bunch of betas crying about the weather. 

There's no such thing as bad weather - just wrong clothing!

What an idiot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

What an idiot!

Actually this thread should be mandatory reading for any Brit who moans about our weather. Our weather may suck but it rarely tries to kill us. 

• Like 3

Oz's state doesnt even have 365 day a year electricity..hard to have sympathy for his 3rd world problems. Once he learns how to make fire he should move to civilisation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Genki said:

Oz's state doesnt even have 365 day a year electricity..hard to have sympathy for his 3rd world problems. Once he learns how to make fire he should move to civilisation.

Come here and say that you filthy convict

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/30/2019 at 10:31 AM, Bwana said:

watch your step. when it gets that cold you might trip and fall over dog poop instead of stepping in it

• Like 1

well boys it finally got cold enough to have to take out my upstairs air conditioner

mind you i only use it for the fan in the winter so its not too hot in here and i dont have to hear the traffic outside when im trying to sleep.  but we had a pretty bad windstorm and my professional cardboard and duct tape installation from last year finally gave out and the cold air came pouring in.  tried to tape it back up again but it all was going to chit reguardless.  f*cking thing was heavy to get out too and theres like frost and snow all around

the window slides horizontally so id need to get my landlord to buy some kind of seperate frame piece and window so i can properly mount the ac in there and have it nice and sealed off.   if he doesnt feel like sending his cronies in here and have them tripping over meth pipes and dead grandmothers to install me a proper window fixture, then i guess i'll have no other choice but to double up on the cardboard and duct tape this time.

hows that winter weather going for you guys in that land down under? u guys have to take out your AC just to replace it from all the overtime the compressor has been working i bet eh?    its only -20 out here right now. still warmer than your ex-girlfriends hearts.

Edited by -idyb-

When I was in BC and Seattle it was a 'heat wave' and none of their Jimmy's could handle it as they don't have air conditioners.  

WTF are you doing with one?!  

• Like 1

i dont have one, i have two. and i wouldnt be able to survive without them in the summer.   i would sweat myself to sleep and wake up in a pool of death.   without the ac running even just sitting down for 3 minutes is enough to make me start sweating like a hooker in church

yeah no thanks i aint having any of that. if i wanted to cook to death i would move to australia and take a little walk around and find out whether or not the heat would kill me before everything else does.

Edited by -idyb-

finally warmed up to -11 after a week of being retarded cold. our lakes are turning into hockey rinks.

i could really appreciate a trip to the bahamas, or even australia

Edited by -idyb-
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, -idyb- said:

finally warmed up to -11 after a week of being retarded cold. our lakes are turning into hockey rinks.

i could really appreciate a trip to the bahamas, or even australia

Doo it.  I'll pour you some real wine

On 2/7/2019 at 7:07 AM, OzStraya said:

When I was in BC and Seattle it was a 'heat wave' and none of their Jimmy's could handle it as they don't have air conditioners.  

WTF are you doing with one?!  

From what idyb has shared on here he probably means a large fan. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

From what idyb has shared on here he probably means a large fan. 

fuck you bubba. that was uncalled for.  im not that much of a redneck. 

actually yes i am. thats why something like this looks intriguing to me and i wouldnt have to clear the bedroom out and lug around a heavy **** air conditioner once or twice a year after my cardboard windowing gives out on me.

fanwithicebottles.png?w=300&h=231

hell yeah if anybody here is gonna pull that off its gonna be me

8 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Doo it.  I'll pour you some real wine

1064171124_images(3).thumb.jpeg.f9a74b31

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 3