OzStraya

Oz's tv show discussion thread - Counterpart & Happy are P6P

There's too many random threads of random shows and SN43's movie thread is a GOAT so here's my humble attempt to start one for TV

(Mods please merge / delete if there's already one central thread like this!!)

Post any new / old shows you like and a rating for those of us who may have missee out on them.

Edited by Oz'Canada
  • Like 5

The Expanse

New to syfy - impressive new series recently released the first 4 eps and I'm hooked. Coming from generally not a scifi fan that's a pretty big statement.

So far 4/5 can't wait for the next eps

Edited by Ozpride
  • Like 3

That's because if a show is worth discussing it usually warrants it's own thread. This thread finna get real messy...... but I digress....

Into the Badlands was a pleasant surprise. MK's acting seemed to get less ****ty as the show went on and the fights were actually awesome. Some interesting characters such as Sonny, the old wheel chair dude, the Widow, Tidla the GOAT, the Baron's blonde wife, the Baron's old wife, the River King, and even Sonny's baby momma is cool. Cung Le made a cameo towards the end.

Kinda sucks that they killed off the Baron so early though. He was a G.

Looking forward to season tew.

• Like 2

I thought it was about TV shows from Oztralia.

There can be only one...

MC2015_M01_900x506.jpg

is this really as popular overseas as it sounds? What makes you like it? The pompous prick with the cravatte kills me
  • Like 2

is this really as popular overseas as it sounds? What makes you like it? The pompous prick with the cravatte kills me

I don't know how popular it is, but everyone I know who's watched it loves it. We like it because it's completely different than the North American versions. The NA versions are filled with ****s pretty much, even the judges are pricks that throw tantrums. The Aussie version has way better cooks, and while they are still competitive, they seem like genuinely nice people that help each other out when it's not beneficial to them. Also, the judges are never demeaning to the contestants. I came to like the cravat dude, I don't think he really takes himself that seriously.

I wonder if these differences are done by design, because the show producers think our respective markets like the different type of material. I can't stand to watch the NA versions, because nearly everyone acts like an ****.

• Like 1

Syfy show.......

LMFAO

That was my initial response too but it's decent. Big budget and backed by the creator of GOT - it's decent

• Like 1

Hes one of my favorite characters in that show 

him and O'reilly for me - still pissed they killed him off so he could do a movie and the movie flopped! 

• Like 3

Beowulf: Return to The Shieldlands.

Only one episode available at the moment. It was pretty good but I felt the script let it down quite badly. I expected to be gripped by this show but wasn't.

It's definitely got potential and I'll watch at least two more episodes before I decide whether or not I'm a fan.

Beowulf: Return to The Shieldlands.

Only one episode available at the moment. It was pretty good but I felt the script let it down quite badly. I expected to be gripped by this show but wasn't.

It's definitely got potential and I'll watch at least two more episodes before I decide whether or not I'm a fan.

I'll check it out but have been stung by Beowulf tickets before! 

• Like 1

I'm going to let you finish Oz, but True Detective s01 was the greatest series of all time

Agreed bro. It's a god damn shame that they forced the writers to create season two in like 3 months and that's the best they could come up with :( 

• Like 2

Season two made my eyes bleed, **** thing sucked.

Season 1 was GOAT though.

This. I bought my brother season 1 for Xmas and told him not to bother with season 2.
  • Like 1

And then there were none.

Another new TV show with only 1 episode available.

I downloaded this show without realising that it was based on an Agatha Christie novel. Had I known that,I'd have given it wide berth.

When her name popped up in the opening credits I grimaced and chose not to watch it.

Despite not watching it I am confident in my rating it 1/10.

Your Grandparents might like it though.

• Like 1

And then there were none.

Another new TV show with only 1 episode available.

I downloaded this show without realising that it was based on an Agatha Christie novel. Had I known that,I'd have given it wide berth.

When her name popped up in the opening credits I grimaced and chose not to watch it.

Despite not watching it I am confident in my rating it 1/10.

Your Grandparents might like it though.

lol! 

I will not be watching this.

I will add it to my list of things to gift wrap for Polo's grandma next time I visit her though

• Like 2

My friend just got me to watch that. Loved it. Definitely one of those cancelled WAY too soon.

I recall reading that STARZ wanted to renew the show but dragged their feet on contracts and the actors ended up signing on to other projects before Starz committed. They fumbled the ball. Edited by LennyTheBat

Just watched the first episode of Ash vs the Evil dead and i'm sold. Will probably finish the series before the end of the week.

Speaking of. One of the wimmen i work was asking about an app I've been watching movies and shows on so i went to show her the picture quality. Thought I'd skip the opening credits to show her, having not watched it yet. Skipped right to the bit when he was banging the woman in the toilets, lol :lol:

• Like 5

This. I bought my brother season 1 for Xmas and told him not to bother with season 2.

why not just give him your hbo go password? it's the gift that keeps on giving

Just watched the first episode of Ash vs the Evil dead and i'm sold. Will probably finish the series before the end of the week.

Speaking of. One of the wimmen i work was asking about an app I've been watching movies and shows on so i went to show her the picture quality. Thought I'd skip the opening credits to show her, having not watched it yet. Skipped right to the bit when he was banging the woman in the toilets, lol :lol:

lol GOAT

• Like 2

lol GOAT

If I had done it on purpose i would've been proud as ****, lol.  She had a good laugh about it too :lol:

• Like 2

Just finished season 7 of Rescue Me. P5P show

Never heard of this before. Just watched a couple of clips on IMDB.

I'll be downloading a few episodes to try it out.

Never heard of this before. Just watched a couple of clips on IMDB.

I'll be downloading a few episodes to try it out.

it's probably one of the most underrated shows in history. Realistic show about a fire department that isn't cheesy AND has Dennis Leary. Absolutely get on it mate

• Like 2

why not just give him your hbo go password? it's the gift that keeps on giving

I don't have hbo at the moment. I moved and a building to the south of my new place is blocking the direct tv satellite. I didn't know this going in so now I am forced to switch to cable or dish. I don't like either option but this place is temporary until I find a house.

• Like 1

My girl watches this, so it seems like it's right up your alley, Oz..

maxresdefault.jpg

You're slipping JP. I hope whatever it is that's making you this salty gets better :(

• Like 2

How do u have time for tv in a third world country like Australia?

Lmao jealous because Asia likes us more
  • Like 5

Man Seeking Woman

Holy **** incredibly funny show seriously recommend it!!

Edited by Ozpride
  • Like 2

Man Seeking Woman

Holy **** incredibly funny show seriously recommend it!!

^^ updated. Seriously watch that ish. Funniest show I've seen in a long time

• Like 4