OzStraya

Oz's tv show discussion thread - Counterpart & Happy are P6P

catching up on 2 months worth of one piece. Half the crew of this pirate ship haven't been seen in 2 years, lol

Next series of Vikings due in November apparently.

Vikings > GOT. Change my mind.

Watching that show has got me hoping my 23 and me results come back with a hefty percentage of Viking DNA lol and its not really a long shot being Scottish. 

• Like 1

Watching that show has got me hoping my 23 and me results come back with a hefty percentage of Viking DNA lol and its not really a long shot being Scottish.

I'm from Yorkshire and have a ginger beard-one of my ancestors was definitely pillaged by ragner and his mates at some point.

• Like 1

I'm from Yorkshire and have a ginger beard-one of my ancestors was definitely pillaged by ragner and his mates at some point.

You finished all of season 4?

You finished all of season 4?

Yeah. Well, as far as the mid season break. I was quite a latecomer - binged the whole thing in about 3 months.

• Like 1

BoJack Horseman Season 5 has dropped, guess I know how im spending my weekend.

tumblr_opahubXE611skcrxxo1_400.gif

gotta admit I wanna love this show but could never get into it

Finished the season of Castle Rock - enjoyed it. It has Bill Skarsgard (the guy who played 'it' in 'it') and its meant to be based on different Stephen King stories. Get's a 7.5/10 from me.

• Like 1

If you like Stephen King then check out Castle Rock on Hulu. King isn't making the show but it takes place in the world he created. The town of Castle Rock as well as Shawshank Prison are the settings. Most of the actors were in Stephen King movies and there are a ton of references such as mentions of the prison warden shooting himself and plaster in the wardens office where they repaired the bullet hole in the wall. I think it's just a 10 part series.

ah just saw this better review.

• Like 1

Sky and Netflix announce plans to create 'ultimate' TV package

skynews-sky-q-netflix_4426386.jpg?201809

The rivals' plans to launch a combined service are revealed, allowing customers to access each other's content on one platform.

Sky and Netflix have announced details of their partnership, creating what they say will be the UK's "biggest on demand TV service".

The deal, first announced earlier this year, will see subscribers to Sky Q - Sky's premium TV box - able to access an 'Ultimate On Demand' pack for £10 extra per month.

It will allow customers of Sky, the owner of Sky News, full access to the Netflix app through their single Sky subscription, rather than having to pay Netflix separately.

Existing Sky Q customers with Netflix would be able to "easily move their account to the new pack or sign in to the Netflix app on Sky Q using their existing Netflix account details," Sky said.

Edited by Jolldan

I've been watching the FX show called Snowfall. I'm about half way through season 2.

The show is pretty dope, pun intended.

Good show. Season 3 should be great

Bro how about warning me next time I was not ready for that ending lol

Oh yeah PS prepare to have your heart shattered

• Like 1

Oh yeah PS prepare to have your heart shattered

Don't know if you have seen any of these but since that's finished im away to start either Paradise PD, Big Mouth or Disenchanted. If you have a recommendation out of the three?

Jack Ryan on Amazon is pretty good so far.

I like John Krasinski but couldn't get into it. May give it another try. 

He's too deeply ingrained as Jim for me.

Will give it another try. Couldn't get into the Office when it was on TV either but started watching it again on Netflix and am nearly all caught up. Finding out recently that Jim almost wasn't Jim and initially tried out for Dwight somehow made this scene even funnier. 

• Like 1

Don't know if you have seen any of these but since that's finished im away to start either Paradise PD, Big Mouth or Disenchanted. If you have a recommendation out of the three?

Big mouth is funny as but a little pedoish... Have you seen F is for Family?? That's fking hilarious

I like John Krasinski but couldn't get into it. May give it another try.

I've never really watched anything that he's been in. He's not my first choice for Jack Ryan but does decent.
  • Like 1

Making a Murderer 2, Daredevil season 3, and Red Dead Redemption 2 all being released when I leave for the motherland for a week is tew much. 

Finished the season of Castle Rock - enjoyed it. It has Bill Skarsgard (the guy who played 'it' in 'it') and its meant to be based on different Stephen King stories. Get's a 7.5/10 from me.

The ending was kind of a letdown. Expected more. The idea was fine, but the execution was lacking. Overall, I enjoyed it.

wish they'd leave PD alone. Have tried to watch along when Mrs. TUF is watching Med and Fire but they've become unwatchable. PD is fire though. 

DoBajUNXsAAwxjJ.jpg

I watched season 1. I like how it ended, it set up for an interesting season 2

Recently got Amazon Prime to watch The Grand Tour now that I have finished it debating if it worth keeping or not.

Mythology and old gods are usually my jam so will probably give this a whirl first.

Recently got Amazon Prime to watch The Grand Tour now that I have finished it debating if it worth keeping or not.

Mythology and old gods are usually my jam so will probably give this a whirl first.

Vikings coming soon mate...

• Like 1

Been watching a show on Netflix with Jessica Biel called The Sinner. Pretty blow your hair back psychological thriller. 

Mileage may vary for some but i thought it was pretty good. 

Watched JRE's new special. Mauro sold me wolf ticks again. Meh it wasn't that bad i just don't find his specials that funny. I find him way better on podcast. 

17 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Been watching a show on Netflix with Jessica Biel called The Sinner. Pretty blow your hair back psychological thriller. 

Mileage may vary for some but i thought it was pretty good. 

Watched JRE's new special. Mauro sold me wolf ticks again. Meh it wasn't that bad i just don't find his specials that funny. I find him way better on podcast. 

Yeah it gets pretty dark, didn't mind it but didn't love it. Not sure how they're gonna do the second season

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:35 AM, OzStraya said:

Big mouth is funny as but a little pedoish... Have you seen F is for Family?? That's fking hilarious

Stuck this on last night **** I know what you mean now lol have to admit the hormone monster is hilarious though.

49 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Stuck this on last night **** I know what you mean now lol have to admit the hormone monster is hilarious though.

They're amazing (there's one for the girls too if you haven't gotten far in yet) it's definitely clever and done really well Im just not sure if I should use TOR to watch it 🤣

Finally got to finish Preacher season 3. Holy Chit that was good. So much scene by scene from the comic. Fat Seth has done an excellent job!!  5/5

16 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Finally got to finish Preacher season 3. Holy Chit that was good. So much scene by scene from the comic. Fat Seth has done an excellent job!!  5/5

All three seasons on prime?

Might give it a try been meaning to start either that or American Gods for a weeks now.

8 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

All three seasons on prime?

Might give it a try been meaning to start either that or American Gods for a weeks now.

I have Stan over here I think it's something only in Oz because we have Prime too. They're both excellent but Preacher is easier viewing as it has some excellent humour mixed in which takes a bit away from how dark it is.. where American Gods just swims in it gloriously

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 10:32 AM, OzStraya said:

Yeah it gets pretty dark, didn't mind it but didn't love it. Not sure how they're gonna do the second season

That was my take from the show too. It was alright but it didn't grip me like some others. Absolutely no reason for a second season.

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching Atlanta.   it's aiight.  

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM, OzStraya said:

I have Stan over here I think it's something only in Oz because we have Prime too. They're both excellent but Preacher is easier viewing as it has some excellent humour mixed in which takes a bit away from how dark it is.. where American Gods just swims in it gloriously

Started watching Preacher 3 episodes in and im liking it so far. Cooper and the Irish dude are both great.

14 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Started watching Preacher 3 episodes in and im liking it so far. Cooper and the Irish dude are both great.

Are you familiar with the graphic novel??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Are you familiar with the graphic novel??

No never read it might pick it up to see how it compares to the show but in a way I like avoiding the source material if I haven't already read it for a TV show as it usually gives away plot points and surprises.

48 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

No never read it might pick it up to see how it compares to the show but in a way I like avoiding the source material if I haven't already read it for a TV show as it usually gives away plot points and surprises.

Wise move. It's my favourite comic of all time, definitely give it a crack when you're up to date. Theyre far enough along now for it not to spoil anything 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, OzStraya said:

Wise move. It's my favourite comic of all time, definitely give it a crack when you're up to date. Theyre far enough along now for it not to spoil anything 

Finished season 1 and on to season 2 really enjoying it so far Cassidy is hilarious.

• Like 1