Sign in to follow this  
Denizen

Rematch of the DECADE!!!

Claudinha or Smeagol?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Claudia Gadelha
    • Joanna Jedrzejczyk

As announced at UFC Fight Night 81 Claudia Gadelha will get her rematch Vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk following a stint on The Ultimate Fighter when the two straw weights coach opposite one another.

The fight will take place on the eve of UFC 200.

Edited by Denizen
  • Like 1

Gadelha is the truest test of the young champion that is for sure, The division is still in its infancy so its really hard to tell just how good any of them are but I personally have seen Joanna Calderwood train and can say 100% she trains very hard and is very very technical so I personally feel the division certainly has true talents in it. Is Joanna as dominant as Ronda was? Will she be found wanting like Ronda finally was ? If she comes through this test in quite dominating fashion well it may be a while until she is beat though I would love to see Jo Jo fight her way into a title shot as her striking is also phenomenal

• Like 1

Claudia will be off the juice. Joanna all day.

Claudia has blatant Roidy Roider face.

Folks argued that Claudia would be "off the juice" and therefore struggle against Aguilar who notably has a win over Esparza.

Gadelha snapped her ten fight win streak with zero difficulty.

I don't see how/where Claudia wins this tbh honest.  JJ's TDD is vastly improved since their first fight and there's no way Claudia can out-strike JJ.

I'm also moderately puzzled how beating no. 13 gets you a title shot.  Would have thought Rose/Tecia have a more solid claim.  This definitely violates the Bubba Sparks title shot rules.

• Like 2

I don't see how/where Claudia wins this tbh honest.  JJ's TDD is vastly improved since their first fight and there's no way Claudia can out-strike JJ.

I'm also moderately puzzled how beating no. 13 gets you a title shot.  Would have thought Rose/Tecia have a more solid claim.  This definitely violates the Bubba Sparks title shot rules.

She was supposed to get a shot that Valerie ended up gifted.  It's based off a questionable split decision for JJ in the first fight.  The knockdown swayed the judges IMO.

Should be a good one.  I think they are better than Rose and Tecia is not in the same ballpark.  Waterson was going to smoke Torres and I was going to get rich.

• Like 1

She was supposed to get a shot that Valerie ended up gifted.  It's based off a questionable split decision for JJ in the first fight.  The knockdown swayed the judges IMO.

Should be a good one.  I think they are better than Rose and Tecia is not in the same ballpark.  Waterson was going to smoke Torres and I was going to get rich.

I actually think the knockdown was enough for JJ to secure round 1, I had it as a close round until then. 2 was clearly Gadelha though, I also gave her round 3.

But yeah, the judges seemed to have disregarded the grappling in that fight.

I actually think the knockdown was enough for JJ to secure round 1, I had it as a close round until then. 2 was clearly Gadelha though, I also gave her round 3.

But yeah, the judges seemed to have disregarded the grappling in that fight.

Yeah I thought it was easy to score but judges are ignorant.  If it was going to be a split it should have went the other way.

• Like 1

Not giving Gadelha enough credit IMO. Gadelha isn't all about the takedowns.

I completely agree that there's no way she would ever win a stand up war with JJ but Claudinha is far more well rounded and chains her striking and takedowns well.

JJ Isn't the only one to have improved, Claudia looked fantastic in her fight against Aguilar, who is definitely no pushover for that weight.

Having said all that, I realise JJ is an extremely tough fight and won't be diving into forum bets.

Claudia might win, but it'll be an Eddie Alvarez-esque performance if she does, therefore the true fans will never accept her as a champion

You know what? I'll tell you what.

I didn't enjoy Alverez vs Pettis. It should have and could have been a more exciting fight. Sometimes though, a fighter has to realize that in order to win then he/she needs to come up with a game plan that might not suit the fans. I'm ok with that, I can respect that. As a true fan.

Maybe we have different definitions of what a true fan is.

I think it's again worth noting how the media outlets that covered the first fight between these two gals scored the fight.

h5Mc1y4.jpg

Based on this alone, Claudia is more than entitled to a rematch.

Edited by Denizen
  • Like 1

I think it's again worth noting how the media outlets that covered the first fight between these two gals scored the fight.

h5Mc1y4.jpg

Stalling doesn't win fights 

Getting hit so hard on the chin that your *** hits the mat wins fights

• Like 2

h5Mc1y4.jpg

I'd rather we had a fresh fight instead of a match-up.

I'm not knocking your gal, but the rationale for a title fight appears to be she narrowly lost to the champ when she wasn't a champ plus beat someone who beat someone who used to be the champ.

TBH honest, i'm more rustled that they're sticking them on TUF first; i hate the fact they slow up divisions with TUF.

Stalling doesn't win fights 

Getting hit so hard on the chin that your *** hits the mat wins fights

No, though it might win a round. 

FYI, rounds are scored independently of one another.

Try to keep up.

I'd rather we had a fresh fight instead of a match-up.

I'm not knocking your gal, but the rationale for a title fight appears to be she narrowly lost to the champ when she wasn't a champ plus beat someone who beat someone who used to be the champ.

TBH honest, i'm more rustled that they're sticking them on TUF first; i hate the fact they slow up divisions with TUF.

Gadelha didn't just beat someone that beat someone who was once a champ.

Aguilar was the WSOF champ on a 10 fight streak. The UFC  WSW rankings are and were **** up ( I think I made a thread about it before in which you may have participated ) there's no credibility to them,  I suspect due to it being a fresh division and a lack of interest/knowledge by the people that make up the rankings.

Fight Matrix is a far better ranking system than UFC rankings and they have Aguilar at ra#4 even with her loss to Gadelha.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/womens-strawweight/

UFC rankings are based on opinion, they include only UFC fighters/

Fight Matrix ranking is based on analysis, it includes all the top pro MMA organizations. In other words, it's far more objective.

Edited by Denizen
  • Like 1

Try to keep up.

LMFAO!!!!

Really?

That's the best you can come up with, son?

What else can be said about someone saying almost knocking someone out "might" win a round?

What else can be said about someone saying almost knocking someone out "might" win a round?

If you think scoring one knockdown is the only to win a round then I am wasting my time.

I'm an mma fan.

Gadelha didn't just beat someone that beat someone who was once a champ.

Aguilar was the WSOF champ on a 10 fight streak. The UFC  WSW rankings are and were **** up ( I think I made a thread about it before in which you may have participated ) there's no credibility to them,  I suspect due to it being a fresh division and a lack of interest/knowledge by the people that make up the rankings.

Fight Matrix is a far better ranking system than UFC rankings and they have Aguilar at ra#4 even with her loss to Gadelha.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/womens-strawweight/

UFC rankings are based on opinion, they include only UFC fighters/

Fight Matrix ranking is based on analysis, it includes all the top pro MMA organizations. In other words, it's far more objective.

Hmm, i may have to do a very un-forum thing and admit to possibly being wrong.  Didn't realise Aguilar had such a decent record.  Thanks for the clarification, i kind of assumed she was a can :(

Okay, i will sanction this rematch.  Still think JJ gets the KO in the 4th though.

• Like 2

Hmm, i may have to do a very un-forum thing and admit to possibly being wrong.  Didn't realise Aguilar had such a decent record.  Thanks for the clarification, i kind of assumed she was a can :(

Okay, i will sanction this rematch.  Still think JJ gets the KO in the 4th though.

#hespect

If you think scoring one knockdown is the only to win a round then I am wasting my time.

I'm an mma fan.

Retard, what is more effective than nearly taking away someone's consciousness?

Stalling someone against the fence? 

• Like 1

What it will take for some one to beat JJ is someone with power in their punches who can knock her out. JJ has some of the worst boxing defence I have ever seen. Her defence is just her offence, over powering girls with mad combinations, but she got tagged non stop in her last fight, she has no movement or fight IQ, just relies on blasting girls with fast combinations who have no hands at all and are pretty much just human punching bags who she can blast for 5 rounds.

Fake wmma fan confirmed.

• Like 1

Retard, what is more effective than nearly taking away someone's consciousness?

Are you really this stupid?

I already said in this thread that jj won round 1 due to a knockdown.

You are now trying to convince me that I'm correct.

You really ought to put the pipe down.

Are you really this stupid?

I already said in this thread that jj won round 1 due to a knockdown.

You are now trying to convince me that I'm correct.

You really ought to put the pipe down.

LMFAO!!!!

• Like 1

Try to keep up.

LMFAO!!!!

claudia was gassing hard in round 3 of their fight, i dont think she can go 5 rounds

Mmmhmm. That's my main concern, will her gas tank hold out. In round 3 of her last fight she still looked pretty fresh but she hadn't had to rely heavily on her grappling. JJ makes for a much more gruelling fight though.

• Like 1

Mmmhmm. That's my main concern, will her gas tank hold out. In round 3 of her last fight she still looked pretty fresh but she hadn't had to rely heavily on her grappling. JJ makes for a much more gruelling fight though.

She went slightly longer than 3 rounds in their first fight if i recall correctly :)

• Like 1

That's been a clear strategy in numerous recent fights. So I guess, yes, stalling someone against the fence is a legitimate strategy in MMA now.