1 minute ago, Bwana said:

Effective, dependable, and HK.

quality home protection, great snake gun w/ rat-shot as opposed to a 1911

8 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

quality home protection, great snake gun w/ rat-shot as opposed to a 1911

lmfao

39 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

lmfao

Since you don't own a gun, why are you posting in this thread ?

• Like 1

ive done research brah...

1 minute ago, VertFTW said:

That's like reading Playboy and thinking you got laid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bwana said:

.... how many people actually know .45 ACP is available in rifles  ?

4 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

.... how many people actually know .45 ACP is available in rifles  ?

8 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

It appears Vert does lol  🤣

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bwana said:

It appears Vert does lol  🤣

it really only has one purpose in a rifle ... unless you're very creative lol

I'm custom building this in Lefty right now, cnc aluminum MDT platform, custom barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor, spiral bolt work, Nightforce MIL scope...for 800 yard+ work on steel.

C9zug-Q1-UAAAArb.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bwana said:

I'm custom building this in Lefty right now, cnc aluminum MDT platform, custom barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor, spiral bolt work, Nightforce MIL scope...for 800 yard+ work on steel.

C9zug-Q1-UAAAArb.png

.50 miler - nice !

• Like 1

On 8/15/2016 at 6:08 PM, juice64011 said:

Mossberg 500 JIC. Relatively cheap, reliable, simple design, easy to use, large spread, and you don't have to worry about shooting through walls.

best-home-defense-shotgun-3.jpg

I think we're going to buy this, I was at Walmart today and asked if they had them, I probably need to go to Diϲk's or Cabela's.  

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 5:54 PM, Bwana said:

You're going to love it, have you settled on a cartridge yet...or do you hand load ?

This is way late but just saw this post. I have all of my grandpa's equipment to load my own rounds but unfortunately he died before he could teach me. My friend has been doing it for a few years so when I get some time he said he would show me the basics. 

I shot 5 different brands over the last few months. Will try some more next year when I have more time to experiment. The most consistent that I have found is Winchester Expedition Big Game which comes in 142 grain. Seems like it will be great for deer hunting. 

It's amazing what that muzzle brake can do. Cuts the recoil by about half. It's loud for people around you but it doesn't direct much of anything at the shooter. 

On 11/1/2018 at 1:52 PM, juice64011 said:

I won a .270 Savage in a raffle a month ago. I didn't want it so I took store credit and ordered a Weatherby Vanguard H-Bar in 6.5 creedmoor. It comes with a threaded barrel so I also ordered a PVA Jet Blast Muzzle Brake. I am planning on buying a suppressor for it eventually. 

I guess Weatherby is moving from California to Wyoming so their shipping times are all screwed up so I haven't received it yet. 

Pics of said rifle

q0PqO8p.jpg

XxKxnTs.jpg

12 hours ago, juice64011 said:

This is way late but just saw this post. I have all of my grandpa's equipment to load my own rounds but unfortunately he died before he could teach me. My friend has been doing it for a few years so when I get some time he said he would show me the basics. 

I shot 5 different brands over the last few months. Will try some more next year when I have more time to experiment. The most consistent that I have found is Winchester Expedition Big Game which comes in 142 grain. Seems like it will be great for deer hunting. 

It's amazing what that muzzle brake can do. Cuts the recoil by about half. It's loud for people around you but it doesn't direct much of anything at the shooter. 

It's paramount to have a mentor or teacher when you start reloading, much can be learned from reading and research through many reloading sites...but learning the basics hands on is much faster & safer. If you haven't tried the Hornady Match ELD series, Nosler Trophy Grade Accubonds, Federal Premium Big Game series ballistic tip series...all worth a solid look for hunting and sub MOA accuracy, based on the individual rifle and head space/twist rate/barrel length.

Clean the barrel correctly for new break in period, then shoot it dirty the rest of the way...don't clean the barrel for best accuracy. Remember removing the muzzle break will significantly alter the sight-in impact point, anywhere from 3-6" higher approximately.

PS: Any additional details needed can be gleaned from Vert's extensive knowledge from "research", a quick PM should clear up any specification or velocity questions. :)

12 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Pics of said rifle

q0PqO8p.jpg

XxKxnTs.jpg

Great choice and fine rifle,,,,is that a Nikon riding on top ?

It's paramount to have a mentor or teacher when you start reloading, much can be learned from reading and research through many reloading sites...but learning the basics hands on is much faster & safer. If you haven't tried the Hornady Match ELD series, Nosler Trophy Grade Accubonds, Federal Premium Big Game series ballistic tip series...all worth a solid look for hunting and sub MOA accuracy, based on the individual rifle and head space/twist rate/barrel length.

Clean the barrel correctly for new break in period, then shoot it dirty the rest of the way...don't clean the barrel for best accuracy. Remember removing the muzzle break will significantly alter the sight-in impact point, anywhere from 3-6" higher approximately.

PS: Any additional details needed can be gleaned from Vert's extensive knowledge from "research", a quick PM should clear up any specification or velocity questions. :)

Great choice and fine rifle,,,,is that a Nikon riding on top ?

Hornady ELD was the recommended round by Weatherby but the accuracy wasn't there. That what I shoot for my .270. Nosler is what I really want to try. They were sold out in the area whne I was shopping for ammo. 

Prostaff 5 that I've had a few years. Its been a solid scope for my needs. 

11 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Hornady ELD was the recommended round by Weatherby but the accuracy wasn't there. That what I shoot for my .270. Nosler is what I really want to try. They were sold out in the area whne I was shopping for ammo. 

Prostaff 5 that I've had a few years. Its been a solid scope for my needs. 

I shoot the Accubonds with 2 of my rifles 30-06/260 Rem, accuracy and expansion is impressive....usually DRT

Some of the smaller bore magnum rounds have been known to have jacket retention issues, and can lead to bullet frag....but "normal" calibers are no issues.

How many total rounds have been down the tube, since purchase ?

1 hour ago, Bwana said:

I shoot the Accubonds with 2 of my rifles 30-06/260 Rem, accuracy and expansion is impressive....usually DRT

Some of the smaller bore magnum rounds have been known to have jacket retention issues, and can lead to bullet frag....but "normal" calibers are no issues.

How many total rounds have been down the tube, since purchase ?

I had jacket separation with the ELD-Xs 2 years ago. Seems like a fairly common issue. 

I've shot around 100 rounds so far. I will shoot another box before hunting in November once it gets cold to make sure that nothing has changed. Only got a doe tag this year so not too worried about it but don't want to wound anything.

2 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I had jacket separation with the ELD-Xs 2 years ago. Seems like a fairly common issue. 

I've shot around 100 rounds so far. I will shoot another box before hunting in November once it gets cold to make sure that nothing has changed. Only got a doe tag this year so not too worried about it but don't want to wound anything.

Jacket separation is fairly common with close range shots of 50ish yards or less, far less of a problem at moderate ranges of 100-200 yds. Most Weatherby V's are know to have tight throats, so 100-200 rounds will slick the rifling down for best MOA accuracy...don't give up on any potential brands you'd like to try yet, and definitely don't shoot it for testing with a clean barrel.

• Like 1

guns arent going to do chit when you got lunatics like this guy running around with guitars and machetes

IMG_5902.jpg

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, -idyb- said:

guns arent going to do chit when you got lunatics like this guy running around with guitars and machetes

Pebbles & Bam-Bam/ CZ's

image.png.156750902c5369a5fd3e03fae69c3c1e.png

3 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

Pebbles & Bam-Bam/ CZ's

image.png.156750902c5369a5fd3e03fae69c3c1e.png

P&B's wh0re sister, the rare and elusive CZ75B in gloss stainless

cz75.png

Full trigger job, speed hammer, short reset, fiber optic sights, Lok G10 grips

Edited by Bwana
  • Like 1

For real, someone give me a rifle recommendation in the $1000 or less range, please.  Like an AR or AK or something like that.  

19 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

For real, someone give me a rifle recommendation in the $1000 or less range, please.  Like an AR or AK or something like that.  

it should come with an attachment to mount your machete so you can also use it as a bayonet at antifa rallys

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

I'm looking into getting a glock & would like recommendations. Ammunition price is a consideration because i'd like to practice a lot and get pretty skilled. 

6 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

I'm looking into getting a glock & would like recommendations. Ammunition price is a consideration because i'd like to practice a lot and get pretty skilled. 

do not procrastinate,  move on this Stomp - Glocks are ok, .. just find one that fits your hand - comfort is important .

12 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

do not procrastinate,  move on this Stomp - Glocks are ok, .. just find one that fits your hand - comfort is important .

I'm gonna research a bit b4 i buy. 

38 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

9mm Glock 19 would be the first to rock, are you planning on CCW or just range work ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

I'm gonna research a bit b4 i buy. 

dead bad guy is dead bad guy - it's not like you're gonna say after u whack some crazie -  "glad I bought a Glock"

practice is like bopping street meat, .. expensive and boring after the 1st couple times -

There's a lot of variables in picking the right pistol, especially if you're left handed and it's a semi-auto. There's zero advantage to a polymer construction with a striker trigger, if you aren't carrying it on a regular basis.

Don't buy Glock just for the name recognition, they have their place but also will be passing up many great brands and pistols. They have a low bore center, so shoot differently than other brands, more straight back recoil with less muzzle flip...not a bad thing, just different. The G43 is a nice carry piece, but far too small for most men's hands....pinky will hang off the mag at the bottom. The G26 holds more rounds than the 19, but the G19 will shoot circles around the 26 in accuracy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwana said:

9mm Glock 19 would be the first to rock, are you planning on CCW or just range work ?

CCW eventually but range for now. I just wanna get my handling, drawing and shooting skills up because it's been a long time & i wanna be very competent and safe. 

1 hour ago, Bezerker101 said:

dead bad guy is dead bad guy - it's not like you're gonna say after u whack some crazie -  "glad I bought a Glock"

practice is like bopping street meat, .. expensive and boring after the 1st couple times -

It's not just for home protection but for fun. I don't particularly care about brand that much but I've heard a lot of good things about glocks... reliability, ease of use, less prone to the elements easy to CCW etc.. Fits all the check marks for me. I fired one b4 & a few other handguns and i do like the feel of glocks. Was a long time ago though. 

I won't get bored with it after only a couple times. It's like fitness, martial arts, shooting pool or art to me. I like practice, being creative and getting good improving at things i do. 

3 hours ago, sobercuban said:

n e 1?

I don't know a lot about AR's. My friend has a DPMS AR-15 that has been reliable. He doesn't care for his weapons and I've never seen it have cycling issues. Range around $500 a piece. 

44 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I don't know a lot about AR's. My friend has a DPMS AR-15 that has been reliable. He doesn't care for his weapons and I've never seen it have cycling issues. Range around $500 a piece. 

okay cool! if I've got to sell my damn car I'm at least going to buy a good rifle

9 hours ago, sobercuban said:

n e 1?

ITR and I both already answered you in the other thread, along with pictures....no response. I gave you a full breakdown of the AK47 vs AR earlier, including technical info and Lefty restrictions...no response.

I try to give unbiased specifics and technical information for those interested, people can make their own choices based on budget and personal preference....or ignore everything I say, doesn't matter to me.

I'll just back out of the room and quit wasting my time....no problem, no hard feelings.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bwana said:

ITR and I both already answered you in the other thread, along with pictures....no response. I gave you a full breakdown of the AK47 vs AR earlier, including technical info and Lefty restrictions...no response.

I try to give unbiased specifics and technical information for those interested, people can make their own choices based on budget and personal preference....or ignore everything I say, doesn't matter to me.

I'll just back out of the room and quit wasting my time....no problem, no hard feelings.

Where? I literally have not seen that

Only post I saw was one where you were saying that me wanting an AK-47 made no sense. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to reply to that with and I wasn't home so I didn't respond.  I'm hoping for specific weapons, not just classes of weapons.  

I've been working on buying a house, I haven't been reading the forum as closely as usual.  My apologies for the oversight.  

1 hour ago, sobercuban said:

Only post I saw was one where you were saying that me wanting an AK-47 made no sense. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to reply to that with and I wasn't home so I didn't respond.  I'm hoping for specific weapons, not just classes of weapons.  

I've been working on buying a house, I haven't been reading the forum as closely as usual.  My apologies for the oversight.  

ITR said the Colt which I saw. That is a much more reliable AR but starting around $1100 I think. 

For the casual shooter a mid range AR will work just fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sobercuban said:

about 1/2 way down

My comments on the AK47 were purely based on fact:

1) Aftermarket accessories and options are much more difficult to get,,,if even available.

2) The AK47 ammo in 7.62mm, is far more expensive that thw AR15's .223 or 5.56mm

3) You're left handed, and that's a big deal if safety access and charging bar speed matters...the AR wins. 

PS: I wasn't being a dikk, I was trying to save you money on a weapon that probably won't fit your needs, and won't function the way you want because you shoot lefty.

Edited by Bwana
  • Thanks 1

bro u dont even need guns.  just park a really loud speaker outback and have it activated to your motion sensor lights,  so when someone walks up to your house, it'll play back an audio loop of your wife nagging at you

trust me man aint nobody gonna f*ck with u.   hell your nosey little neighboors might even pack up and leave as well when they get tired of hearing that chit

Edited by -idyb-

8 hours ago, -idyb- said:

hell your nosey little neighboors might even pack up and leave as well when they get tired of hearing that chit

one can only pray

18 hours ago, Bwana said:

about 1/2 way down

My comments on the AK47 were purely based on fact:

1) Aftermarket accessories and options are much more difficult to get,,,if even available.

2) The AK47 ammo in 7.62mm, is far more expensive that thw AR15's .223 or 5.56mm

3) You're left handed, and that's a big deal if safety access and charging bar speed matters...the AR wins. 

PS: I wasn't being a dikk, I was trying to save you money on a weapon that probably won't fit your needs, and won't function the way you want because you shoot lefty.

Okay cool, I'm actually right handed, just left eye dominant.  I could probably train my right eye, it doesn't feel awkward when I try

11 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Okay cool, I'm actually right handed, just left eye dominant.  I could probably train my right eye, it doesn't feel awkward when I try

If you're left eye dominant, then shoot left handed. You won't have to close or squint with your master eye, and target acquisition is much faster and far more accurate...especially with iron sights.

Fact

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1