#51 mikeygreig17

mikeygreig17
  • Ultimate
  • 535 posts
  • LocationFife, Scotland

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:30 AM

There has been some good fights

You're trippin

First episode had some good fights Rowntree was nuts and Green's comeback insane. I think some of the fights have been just dominated, smart play on Claudia's behalf as she keeps winning and picking fights that exploit Joanna's team's weaknesses and plays to her strengths but the fights won't always be that way. With exception to a few we haven't really seen a good back and forth brawl or grappling exchange in my opinion.

This weeks fight was poor. Even Dana said it was poor. Hendricks done well to beat rowntree after being pretty banged up as well.

Suarez v Aldrich was just dominated by Suarez's wrestling,

Sanchez v Dennis I found to be dominated by sanchez's wrestling.

Green v Harper was pretty good as harper done better than expected. Still think Green has no ground game whatsoever anyone with a decent level of jui jitsu and wrestling will make easy work of her. In terms of the woman's final at the moment unless they end up against each other sooner I see it being a Suarez v Green Finale with suarez taking the victory unless green can stuff her takedowns and that's a big IF considering she was ranked number 1 at 55kgs prior to her illness.

Still unsure who I fancy for the LHW finale but from what I can see many of the fighters look very 1 or 2-dimensional yes they will grow with experience but a lot of them need to focus on weak aspects of there games, even from the 1st episode of fights to get in you could see who struggled with the ground game or stand up. Maybe things will change in the next few episodes we will just have to wait and see and hopefully the Finale's produce some good match ups.

Attended Events: UFC FN 72 Glasgowvip, UFC FN 76 Dublin, UFC FN 84 London. UFC FN 90 Las Vegas, TUF 23 Finale, UFC 200, 204, 205

Up Next: UFC FN 107 London

#52 mikeygreig17

mikeygreig17
  • Ultimate
  • 535 posts
  • LocationFife, Scotland

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:09 PM

This weeks fight was pretty good, close fight I thought. Props to Jamie for battling through and avoiding the TKO in the 2nd round. Think she had enough for the 1st round so would've liked to see them go a 3rd round.

• ijosef and H.N.I.C. like this

Attended Events: UFC FN 72 Glasgowvip, UFC FN 76 Dublin, UFC FN 84 London. UFC FN 90 Las Vegas, TUF 23 Finale, UFC 200, 204, 205

#53 ijosef

ijosef
  • Free
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:19 PM

I'm glad Abdel didn't win, especially since he was a fence-pressing wall-n-stall POS. I'm also amazed that the chipped-tooth redneck scrub couldn't finish the ISIS scrub after landing that headkick in the second. Neither one of these bums are going anywhere.

#54 NangaParbatWinter16

NangaParbatWinter16

Diaz 2 Mcgregor 0

• Free
  • 4,379 posts
  • LocationBonnie Scotland

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:59 AM

I dont think any of this years fighters are going anywhere except MAYBE the World Series of Fighting but even that is a stretch

Forum stupidity went to another level when Cole Gump stated ....

"Chad Mendes is the best wrestler at 145lbs. He's WAY faster than Khabib. Way way way faster. Khabib has one chance, strength... And sadly for you he's going to be weaker than Conor. Conor might take khabib down just to show you how mediocre his defensive wrestling is."

Cu5osyDXgAAlxbV.jpg

#55 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:54 PM

I dont think any of this years fighters are going anywhere except MAYBE the World Series of Fighting but even that is a stretch

Tatiana Suarez will make the grade.

Fight Club Prediction Championship: Grand Prix Winner and Final Champion (10-3)

UFC Prediction Grand Prix: Winner

UFC Survivor Series Tournament: Series Seven Winner

#56 ijosef

ijosef
  • Free
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:06 PM

Maybe the women have a chance since 115 is relatively thin, but the men won't make it very far.

I also think the fight from last episode should've gone to a third. I gave Joanna's chick the first since she basically threatened with an arm bar the first round while the other girl mostly just defended.

Also, upkicks should be legal when you're on your back, regardless of the position of your opponent.

#57 mikeygreig17

mikeygreig17
  • Ultimate
  • 535 posts
  • LocationFife, Scotland

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:27 PM

So going by Dana's twitter video of a preview of tonight, someone in the men's team leaves and someone is coming back, wonder if it is cory with his shoulder? I'd like to see Khalil back out of everyone to be honest