Photo

Ultimate Fighter/ Are you *n kid'n me right now(as Dana would say)

The coin flip??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CaptinsaneO

CaptinsaneO
  • Free
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:59 PM

I dont know if anyone caught it or not on the season premiere of Ultimate Fighter but Dana screwed up the ever so simple but important coin flip. Check it out if u haven't seen the opening episode yet. Dana said ok Joanna your the red side of the coin and Claudia your the other. It clearly came up red and meathead then said its red so CLAUDIA YOU WIN the toss and get your choice of picking your first fighter or who the first fight will be and she chose the fighter. I couldn't believe he screwed it up with a coin that's made to make it simple LMAO!!  And whats even worse he then proceeds to let Claudia make the first pick in each round which is a HUGE ADVANTAGE for Claudia. Its meant to alternate back and forth after the WINNER of the coin toss gets the very first pick, HUGE F UP!!! What was really priceless was the confused look on Joanna's face as she watched her boss f it up on national tv  and they both kept there mouths shut. Check it out, its must see tv!!

One other thing I thought was weird is a remark Dana made. There was a LHW fighter named Hawes out of the Jackson camp that trains with JJ. Dana said this kid is said to be the next superstar, in fact hes being compared to superstars like John Jones and Chris Weidman! Why the hell wouldn't they say Luke Rockhold instead of CW, you know Dana, the guy that just beat the liv'n buh-jesus out of CW, I think Dana was high or having a real meathead day. :huh:

#2 Rastajambo

Rastajambo

Team Bombo Klatt

• Free
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:02 PM

cool story bro

abd-75.gif

UFC Fight Night 72

UFC Fight Night 76

UFC Fight Night 84

#3 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:21 PM

Wrong section.

Fight Club Prediction Championship: Grand Prix Winner and Final Champion (10-3)

UFC Prediction Grand Prix: Winner

UFC Survivor Series Tournament: Series Seven Winner

#4 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 44,607 posts
  • LocationThe Tenderloin SF

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:26 PM

TUF lol

2015 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Most Laid Back Forum Poster

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

2016 Happiest Forum Poster

#5 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:13 AM

I dont know if anyone caught it or not on the season premiere of Ultimate Fighter but Dana screwed up the ever so simple but important coin flip. Check it out if u haven't seen the opening episode yet. Dana said ok Joanna your the red side of the coin and Claudia your the other. It clearly came up red and meathead then said its red so CLAUDIA YOU WIN the toss and get your choice of picking your first fighter or who the first fight will be and she chose the fighter. I couldn't believe he screwed it up with a coin that's made to make it simple LMAO!!  And whats even worse he then proceeds to let Claudia make the first pick in each round which is a HUGE ADVANTAGE for Claudia. Its meant to alternate back and forth after the WINNER of the coin toss gets the very first pick, HUGE F UP!!! What was really priceless was the confused look on Joanna's face as she watched her boss f it up on national tv  and they both kept there mouths shut. Check it out, its must see tv!!

One other thing I thought was weird is a remark Dana made. There was a LHW fighter named Hawes out of the Jackson camp that trains with JJ. Dana said this kid is said to be the next superstar, in fact hes being compared to superstars like John Jones and Chris Weidman! Why the hell wouldn't they say Luke Rockhold instead of CW, you know Dana, the guy that just beat the liv'n buh-jesus out of CW, I think Dana was high or having a real meathead day. :huh:

So first of all, the coin landed on the blue and orange side. Not red. Look at Claudinha's team theyr'e wearing blue and orange shirts. Claudia won the flip. Nobody **** anything up....except you.

Claudia was then given the opportunity to pick the 1st fighter in WSW, which she did and JJ took her turn. Claudia then Picked the 1st LHW and JJ took her turn. So JJ picked the first fight for LHW and unless she made a bad judgement she will also get to pick the first WSW match up. 

I don't see this HUGE advantage for Claudia.

I also don't see why it's inappropriate to compare Hawes (a wrestler) to Weidman ( a wrestler) rather than Rockhold.

• Mcmax3000, Hells_Bartender, Bubba_Sparks and 2 others like this

#6 CaptinsaneO

CaptinsaneO
  • Free
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:32 AM

it was more a comparison of the next big thing like John Jones an CW. If it was a comparison about the greatest wrestlers he wouldn't of used JJ imo. It was a slight on Rockhold, Rockholds not getting the respect he deserves after that absolute  destruction of the X champ in all aspects, even wrestling.You'll soon find out that the so called great CW will never be the same after that first beating he took!!

And on the coin incident let me ask u 2 things,

1. Did Dana state Joanna u r the red side of the coin and Claudia u r the other?? Theyre not going to have one side of the coin red and the other orange. COME ON BRO!!LMAO uniforms and coins are 2 different things

2. Did the coin flip come up red??

On the picks,all I know is that Claudia picked first every round that they aired, both male and female fighters. Also when the coin flip ended and meathead told Claudia she won the flip, Joanna looked at her assistants with a wtf just happened look!! Top tier referees and players (NFL) screw up these what seem to be simple coin tosses all the time, its not a stretch by any means that DW also did it.

Edited by CaptinsaneO, 22 April 2016 - 11:07 AM.

#7 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:15 AM

Take another look at the coin flip. Blue coin with orange UFC logo. The same as the shirts of Claudia's team.

#8 CaptinsaneO

CaptinsaneO
  • Free
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

Take another look at the coin flip. Blue coin with orange UFC logo. The same as the shirts of Claudia's team.

U know what screw the flip , the main point is y the hell does CG get first pick every round male and female, a little unfair wouldnt u say, really dont know if it was his f up or how the rules have it, which is really hard to believe. The ONLY other explanation would be some really screwed up editing which is also hard to buy.

#9 Hells_Bartender

Hells_Bartender

Random Sexy

• Free
  • 5,435 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:45 PM

So first of all, the coin landed on the blue and orange side. Not red. Look at Claudinha's team theyr'e wearing blue and orange shirts. Claudia won the flip. Nobody **** anything up....except you.

Claudia was then given the opportunity to pick the 1st fighter in WSW, which she did and JJ took her turn. Claudia then Picked the 1st LHW and JJ took her turn. So JJ picked the first fight for LHW and unless she made a bad judgement she will also get to pick the first WSW match up.

I don't see this HUGE advantage for Claudia.

I also don't see why it's inappropriate to compare Hawes (a wrestler) to Weidman ( a wrestler) rather than Rockhold.

Rekt
SSS Co Founder - Sexyama's Saviours of Sexiness

Sexyama Facebook Page - Become a fan: http://www.facebook.....5847773?v=info

#10 bsaav1984

bsaav1984
  • Ultimate
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:44 PM

Is it possible that this guy HAWES is from New York? that could be a coincidence WITH JBJ and CW isn't it?