fobar

Conor McGregor Has Won 3 MMA Titles And Defended None Of Them… EVER

Conor McGregor is one of the most polarizing figures in mixed martial arts today. As soon as the brash Irishman stepped foot in the octagon, fans knew that he was going to make an impact in his own way. Prior to picking up his first victory, he had been hailed as a standup fighter with boxing experience.

Before making it into the UFC, McGregor defeated Dave Hill for the CWFC Featherweight Championship. McGregor opted to not defend the title, moving up to the lightweight division and winning the CWFC championship there.

Instead of defending his featherweight or lightweight championships in CWFC, the Ultimate Fighting Championship came knocking and presented McGregor with an opportunity he clearly made the most of. Now one of the highest paid fighters in the entire sport, McGregor sits atop the featherweight division after having defeated Jose Aldo for the featherweight title at UFC 194.

Since then, McGregor moved up in weight, just like he had in CWFC, and hasn’t defended his championship since winning it. Will McGregor ever defend his title, or will he keep moving up to conquer new weight classes?

– Conor McGregor def. Dave Hill for the CWFC Featherweight Championship on June 2, 2012 (0 Defenses)
– Conor McGregor def. Ivan Buchinger for the CWFC Lightweight Championship on December 31, 2012 (0 Defenses)
– Conor McGregor def. Jose Aldo for the UFC Featherweight Championship on December 12, 2015 (0 Defenses

• Like 5

I hope he defends the FW belt. If the fight with Dos Vaginas would've happened and he had won the LW belt I could see him vacating the FW belt. But since that didn't happen I hope he defends it a few times. But who knows at this point.

Stupendous research Fobar and 5* thread. Conor is clearly scared of Frankie and is instead trying to delay his fight with him by focusing on Nate Diaz and supposedly being "obsessed" with that fight, which is funny because you think he'd be "obsessed" with defending his title and setting title defense records.

Dude is a sham.

• Like 1

That's really the way to do it, if you think about it.  Win the title, then go try to win another one, I don't see the problem.Seems like you would make more money that way, kind of smart lil' leprechaun.  

You're not a true champ until you defend your belt, simple.

So the UFC has five true champs in MM, JJ, Cruz, RDA & Robbie. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing, good that the competition in the top ranks is tight or bad that it's not actually and the reality is outside of the top 3-5 most divisions are incredibly thin from a potential champion perspective.

Then again, Michael Bisping just won the MW belt so who the **** knows anything

• Like 2

McGregor has always done good business in that sense, He beat Dave and ran from the division because there were wrestlers in the FW division that would have beat him at that time, He now knows he can fight outside the FW division without it hurting his credibility in the eyes of his fans. MMA fans who dont like Conor though saw him beat and thought "I aint surprised mother****ers"

You're not a true champ until you defend your belt, simple.

Correct. McGregor is a fake Irish gypsy (sorry I meant travelling person). Squatting on people's land (belts). Not getting injured and not defending a belt for a year means you should be stripped of it. The interim belt is the true belt. He will never defend it anyway after his 5 month training camp for a welterweght fight. He will be too heavy now unless he has another 5 month camp to reduce his new muscle mass.

You know what. Mcgregor is such a scottish name it's more ridiculous than a rematch with Diaz. He had a belt, then he took Daedalus's(not Scottish at all) wings and flew to a hot place he never went before. Diaz is down to earth. 

He defended his featherweight title against Jose Aldo you idiots.

He became the champion July 11th 2015 when Aldo pussied out for the 5th time in his career.

"Everything will be A okay.  It will be over before you know it.  Just please show up December 12th." - The McGenius

• Like 4

What's so funny?  Do you think the McGregor belt is imaginary or some ****?  It's the Money belt just ask King Nathaniel.

It's funny because you basically can't criticize McGregor and when you do someone goes on about how Nate has to do something like it's Nate's problem somehow.

McGregor has taken a **** today and it smelled really badly....YEH BUT WHAT ABOUT NATE'S **** THAT SMELLS TOO...

It's funny because you basically can't criticize McGregor and when you do someone goes on about how Nate has to do something like it's Nate's problem somehow.

McGregor has taken a **** today and it smelled really badly....YEH BUT WHAT ABOUT NATE'S **** THAT SMELLS TOO...

There are so many better and less weird analogies you could have come up with. What were you thinking?

• Like 4

There are so many better and less weird analogies you could have come up with. What were you thinking?

This is true...but the stupidity of it highlights the stupidity of it all

Lol he fought the two Cage Warriors fights back to back.  The he was given a contract by the UFC and his next fight was Marcus Brimage, why would he stick around Cage Warriors? 

• Like 2

Lol he fought the two Cage Warriors fights back to back.  The he was given a contract by the UFC and his next fight was Marcus Brimage, why would he stick around Cage Warriors? 

That's not the weird part.

The weird part is rematching a LW at 170 lbs who merked you instead of defending the belt.

Edited by Raging_12еr
  • Like 5

The weird part is rematching a LW at 170 lbs who merked you instead of defending the belt.

Lightweight?!

Nate is bigger than that idiot they call middleweight champ.  He'd smack the **** out of that Brit as well.

Nate-Diaz-Michael-Bisping.png

• Like 1

To be fair I'd say MOST fighters want to rematch anyone that beats them.  The people at the top of the sport have an even stronger drive to avenge losses.  

The big difference here is Conor has the leverage to get the rematch he wants.  

• Like 2

To be fair I'd say MOST fighters want to rematch anyone that beats them.  The people at the top of the sport have an even stronger drive to avenge losses.  

The big difference here is Conor has the leverage to get the rematch he wants.  

Why at 170 lbs? 

So when he loses the casuals will think he lost to a welterweight?

That fight is retarded. This whole situation is idiotic.

• Like 2

Why at 170 lbs?

So when he loses the casuals will think he lost to a welterweight?

That fight is retarded. This whole situation is idiotic.

I think conor wants the exact same fight so he can't be accused of tipping things in his favour. Revenge his only driver (plus money of course).

I don't think it's stupid he wants that fight, but it's crazy that the UFC are allowing it. They've placed one man's mission above the belt, which is pretty stupid IMO.

• Like 1

I think conor wants the exact same fight so he can't be accused of tipping things in his favour. Revenge his only driver (plus money of course).

I don't think it's stupid he wants that fight, but it's crazy that the UFC are allowing it. They've placed one man's mission above the belt, which is pretty stupid IMO.

Yup.

And Nate will have a full training camp this time. He won't need to cut weight at all.

I don't know who told Comber he could win the rematch, but I see him getting bodied even hard this time.

• Like 3

Yup.

And Nate will have a full training camp this time. He won't need to cut weight at all.

I don't know who told Comber he could win the rematch, but I see him getting bodied even hard this time.

even if he does happen to win what does it prove? Neither are fighting in their division and then we get a pointless 3RD match.
  • Like 2

even if he does happen to win what does it prove? Neither are fighting in their division and then we get a pointless 3RD match.

This is my biggest nightmare....obviously as a Conor fan I would want him to win, but the thought of a rubber match, thus putting on hold the FW division for even longer almost makes me want him to lose.

Hard to understand the UFC's reasoning on this one.

• Like 1

Yup.

That's a lie

• Like 4

Lightweight?!

Nate is bigger than that idiot they call middleweight champ.  He'd smack the **** out of that Brit as well.

Nate-Diaz-Michael-Bisping.png

I saw a pic of Nick and Nate on instagram the other day, and I swear Nate looked bigger than Nick

• Like 3

Until you defend it, you're not champ.  Aldo is still the FW champ

Yeah, because losing the belt is a sure sign of being champion, right?

That's dumber than McGregor taking the rematch with Nate

• Like 3

Plus by that reasoning weidman is the mw champ, rousey is the wbw champ and Tim Sylvia is still the hw champ...

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 2

Until you defend it, you're not champ.  Aldo is still the FW champ. 

that is the biggest load of bullcrap people spew, if you are the champ and beat the former champion, you are a champion.

• Like 5

The champ is here, The champ is here

56758c3aa8407.JPG

Edited by crangs
  • Like 5

that is the biggest load of bullcrap people spew, if you are the champ and beat the former champion, you are a champion.

Yeah, because losing the belt is a sure sign of being champion, right?

That's dumber than McGregor taking the rematch with Nate

Plus by that reasoning weidman is the mw champ, rousey is the wbw champ and Tim Sylvia is still the hw champ...

Damn, I didn't know what I wrote would rustle you guys so much??? 

Damn, I didn't know what I wrote would rustle you guys so much???

Not rustled. Just trying to educate you, m8. It would be irresponsible to let you back out in public thinking the dumb **** you think
  • Like 2