diazthechamp

Politics thread

"going broke and not working" = struggling

It was a tweet. There's not much to debate here.

I often see you and Roids get understandably irritated when `foreigners' chip in on the gun debate with stupid points based on very little knowledge or understanding of the situation.  

That's basically what Trump has done here, and on several other occasions in the past.  The level of funding for the NHS is always a political hot potato, and the protest marches on the weekend were about levels of future funding.  NHS is far from perfect, but not a single protester was there because they want to see an American-style private insurance system instead.

Btw, to clarify a point from earlier, the privatisation of parts of the NHS is all about who delivers the service.  So for example, my wife technically works for Richard Branson because Virgin run all NHS hospitals in the South-East of England.  However, they run it on very strict SLA's and the public are still not charged a penny.  

27972232_1678546268871700_36860426976004

This chap has been getting a lot of attention over here after making a pushy interviewer look extremely silly on one of our news channels.  Seems a bit like Shapiro 2.0.  Interesting chap.  I like his style.

• Like 3

This chap has been getting a lot of attention over here after making a pushy interviewer look extremely silly on one of our news channels.  Seems a bit like Shapiro 2.0.  Interesting chap.  I like his style.

that interview with cathy newman was GREAT!!!!  Endless memes

• Like 2

He says some really great stuff, but then he says some stuff that is so dumb it ruins it for me. 

• Like 2

He says some really great stuff, but then he says some stuff that is so dumb it ruins it for me.

Do you have any examples? I've only seen a handful of clips.

• Like 1

Do you have any examples? I've only seen a handful of clips.

The only thing that I can think of off the top of my head is when he basically advocates for dudes acting alpha male and punching other dudes in the face over nonsense. Basically, he says men should act like what people lash out as the "patriarchy". Then there's the bit about morality not being possible without religion. Let's leave that last one alone, all I'll say is that we can agree to disagree. 

He's all over my FB and Twitter feeds, he's got the trans community all up in arms. A lot of their beef seems to be taken out of context and I don't care to see what the context is, I've sat through one, three-hour podcast with him and that was enough. I don't even dislike the guy, but his head is too far in the 50's mentality of what it means to be a man for me. 

• Like 1

I'm 100% behind his whole beef with the pronoun thing though, but I think that might be me being too "old school". 

• Like 1

Thanks chons. I've only really seen his interview with the British lass and a speech he did about how politics is currently so polarised.

Not sure whether to spend more time watching his stuff when there are so many pug videos I still haven't watched...

• Like 1

Thanks chons. I've only really seen his interview with the British lass and a speech he did about how politics is currently so polarised.

Not sure whether to spend more time watching his stuff when there are so many pug videos I still haven't watched...

OK, here is an example that people are flipping out over. 

Jordan Peterson: Women are hypocrites if they wear makeup to work and think they shouldn't be sexually harassed

His armies of defenders rush in to say that's being taken out of context, but when asked nobody has yet put it in a context that I've seen. I'd have actually bothered to find the context of it all had I not listened to the podcast and heard what I heard. 

His armies of defenders rush in to say that's being taken out of context, but when asked nobody has yet put it in a context that I've seen. I'd have actually bothered to find the context of it all had I not listened to the podcast and heard what I heard.

Lol. Short of it being sarcasm/irony I'm not sure any context would adequately defend that.

Back to the pugs I think.

It is. That's not to say that he isn't rigid and abrasive though

Here's the context @Bubba, you can decide for yourself.

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/961500972437704706

• Like 2

I like Jordan Peterson a lot. He's articulate and well reasoned but he's says some awfully presumptuous things sometimes with a certainty that i really don't like. 

Granted he's a public speaker and does a lot of long podcast and it's gonna happen sometimes so i try to over look it because he often has some really valid points backed by solid evidence and statistics plus i'm on board with people that mock militant SJW idiots but people can get carried away with that too AKA Milo. 

• Like 2

It is. That's not to say that he isn't rigid and abrasive though

Here's the context @Bubba, you can decide for yourself.

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/961500972437704706

I checked that out, including the extended clip. First, it's Vice and I don't trust Vice, the video is harshly edited in spots, so who knows what was taken out. He did seem a little bit like he lost his cool with the interviewer. Again, he says a lot of things that are productive, but that woman in the workplace part was cringe-worthy, he sexualized the whole work experience. Not to say he completely wrong, but his delivery was absolutist. I don't know if he's speaking in a hypothetical, "this is what men and women think", or if that's actually what he thinks. I kept waiting for him to slip up and call women broads. The interviewer was horrible, however with no answer as to why some people would want to wear makeup. 

• Like 2

Uh oh...Muller indicted 16 or so Russians for meddling in election. Nothing mentioned about Trump or any of his campaign. Maxine Waters must be on suicide watch by now.

• Like 2

Uh oh...Muller indicted 16 or so Russians for meddling in election. Nothing mentioned about Trump or any of his campaign. Maxine Waters must be on suicide watch by now.

Give it a few hours, she will kill herself and Trump will pardon them claiming its fake news and Russia did not tamper in the elections.

• Like 1

Really interesting stuff, very detailed indictment. Basically in a nutshell this Russian group was pretty big and did whatever they could to cause chaos and confusion. Not just supporting Trump but also organizing protests against him, along with building support for Bernie, Stein, BLM and American muslims.

Still not even a hint of collusion w/ Trump though.

• Like 2

27972232_1678546268871700_36860426976004

Dr. Peterson is a true GOAT amongst GOAT's. One of the most incredible modern day intellectuals I've ever come across, truly an amazing inspiration for people across the globe now.

Of course now that he's becoming mainstream along with that comes a horde of people trying to bring him down, especially since he may be the guy that finally destroys the dispicable SJW movement.

• Like 1

Lol. Short of it being sarcasm/irony I'm not sure any context would adequately defend that.

Back to the pugs I think.

While I agree he surely could have worded it better, I think most can agree with his overall point in context which is that it's going to be very hard if not impossible to completely eradicate sexual harassment in the workplace ESPECIALLY if women are going there constantly dressed up in high heels, revealing clothing, excessive make up, high end jewelry those kind of things surely don't HELP the problem get any better.

That being said Jordan is at his best when he's discussing sort of things regarding how the human mind works, the psychology behind decision making, how important personal responsibility is, the ways in which the bible does still have a use in today's world, etc.

I'll look up a video of his later after I get off that I think would be good to check out.

Edited by Weidman_The_God
  • Like 1

While I agree he surely could have worded it better, I think most can agree with his overall point in context which is that it's going to be very hard if not impossible to completely eradicate sexual harassment in the workplace ESPECIALLY if women are going there constantly dressed up in high heels, revealing clothing, excessive make up, high end jewelry those kind of things surely don't HELP the problem get any better.

That being said Jordan is at his best when he's discussing sort of things regarding how the human mind works, the psychology behind decision making, how important personal responsibility is, the ways in which the bible does still have a use in today's world, etc.

I'll look up a video of his later after I get off that I think would be good to check out.

Thanks mate.

• Like 1

Really interesting stuff, very detailed indictment. Basically in a nutshell this Russian group was pretty big and did whatever they could to cause chaos and confusion. Not just supporting Trump but also organizing protests against him, along with building support for Bernie, Stein, BLM and American muslims.

Interesting, too, because Obama did stuff like this through the State Department during Israel's election. He didn't seem to think a foreign power interferring in another country's election was a bad thing then.

• Like 3

I heard about them 'disparaging Hillary'. If they did all this other stuff, sounds pretty even handed to me.

• Like 1

Interesting, too, because Obama did stuff like this through the State Department during Israel's election. He didn't seem to think a foreign power interferring in another country's election was a bad thing then.

It's true. Netanyahu accused him publicly.
  • Like 1

As anyone with half a brain would know, the Russians were causing chaos, and nothing more. It had been uncovered a while ago that they had created BLM type groups, and were paying black folks locally to maintain them.

• Like 1

Thanks mate.

No problem, not trying to hijack the thread here though so it may be best to just pm me later if ya want. Anyway normally I prefer his longer lectures especially on the psychological significance of the Bible but here are a few shorter clips that are useful too.

https://youtu.be/SeARRJxapK0

https://youtu.be/F7DaMfneZhE

https://youtu.be/z3tHo2rQ9Y4

https://youtu.be/qKdj-WqObvU

And for chons here's a clip of him breaking down the dreaded vice "interview"

https://youtu.be/Y9zZRTC6Ecs

Anyway back to politics, anyone know if Trump got impeached yet? Just checking in here since it's been nearly 2 years and still not an ounce of collusion has come out.

• Like 1

For the most part, people present themselves in a way that makes them feel good about themselves. Jordan would make a better case if he dressed like a hobo on the train tracks. You can't say all that **** and think the same line of reasoning doesn't apply to men. 

For the most part, people present themselves in a way that makes them feel good about themselves. Jordan would make a better case if he dressed like a hobo on the train tracks. You can't say all that **** and think the same line of reasoning doesn't apply to men.

Huh? What line of reasoning are you referring to exactly that has anything to do with dressing like a damn hobo?

Huh? What line of reasoning are you referring to exactly that has anything to do with dressing like a damn hobo?

Logical reasoning. Women wear makeup to primarily feel good about the way they look. Jordan Peterson wears decent clothes and get's his hair cut because most likely cares about the way he looks. Hell, many women wear makeup to work because they think it's part of professionalism. 

Logical reasoning. Women wear makeup to primarily feel good about the way they look. Jordan Peterson wears decent clothes and get's his hair cut because most likely cares about the way he looks. Hell, many women wear makeup to work because they think it's part of professionalism.

I don't understand what exactly you're trying to argue for here. You do realize that Dr. Peterson and most other men are not at the same level of risk as women to being sexually harassed right? Like the gap is not even close, the overwhelming majority of sexual harassment cases in the work place both in and outside of it happen w/ the man being the aggressor to the woman. So why on earth would it matter what the man chooses to wear then?

I don't understand what exactly you're trying to argue for here. You do realize that Dr. Peterson and most other men are not at the same level of risk as women to being sexually harassed right? Like the gap is not even close, the overwhelming majority of sexual harassment cases in the work place both in and outside of it happen w/ the man being the aggressor to the woman. So why on earth would it matter what the man chooses to wear then?

You don't understand that both men and women present themselves in a way that makes them feel good about themselves? Are you victim blaming here? Does a woman have to dress like a bum and try to make herself ugly in order to not be harassed? If a man dresses in nice clothes, why can't a woman?

Are you one of those people that thinks that there are virtually no differences between men and women at all? If so I have news for ya buddy, turns out that science says we are wired very differently from each other.

Let me ask you this, do you think it's actually possible to eradicate all forms of sexual harassment in the work place between men and women from now on?

I don't think so. But maybe there are some things that can be done to cause a rapid decline in the level of occurrence of it happening. That's what the conversation should be about.

Do you also think there's not a higher probability of sexual harassment if a woman chooses to go to work every day wearing high heels, short skirt, cleavage filled top, excessive make up and bright red lip stick, etc. ? If you can't at least admit that then well I don't know where we can go from here.

Are you one of those people that thinks that there are virtually no differences between men and women at all? If so I have news for ya buddy, turns out that science says we are wired very differently from each other.

No.

Let me ask you this, do you think it's actually possible to eradicate all forms of sexual harassment in the work place between men and women from now on?

No

I don't think so. But maybe there are some things that can be done to cause a rapid decline in the level of occurrence of it happening. That's what the conversation should be about.

Like what?

Do you also think there's not a higher probability of sexual harassment if a woman chooses to go to work every day wearing high heels, short skirt, cleavage filled top, excessive make up and bright red lip stick, etc. ? If you can't at least admit that then well I don't know where we can go from here.

I have no idea, and it shouldn't matter. This is victim blaming.

I've answered your questions, you've answered none of mine. Double standard much? 

You have no idea and it shouldn't matter? Lol you cannot possibly be serious.

You can call it whatever you want thought it doesn't matter. The fact is that men and women are actually wired very differently from each other so maybe just MAYBE there should be some extra precautions that should be considered?

It is actually entirely possible for a woman to dress quite professionally without high heels, excessive make up or showing her cleavage. If you really think otherwise then that kind of makes you a sexist pig now doesn't it?

I woman should dress in any way she chooses and not be sexually harassed. Period. Have you noticed that you aren't even sticking to Jordan's narrative, but blowing it out of proportion?

Double down on the double standard. 

I'm not the sexist pig here. Genuine lol. 

If a woman dresses in a manner that is inappropriate for work, she should be sent home to change, not be sexually harassed. Only a sexist pig would think she deserves or wants harassment.

You don't understand that both men and women present themselves in a way that makes them feel good about themselves? Are you victim blaming here? Does a woman have to dress like a bum and try to make herself ugly in order to not be harassed? If a man dresses in nice clothes, why can't a woman?

Dressing presentable and dressing suggestive are 2 different things. 

• Like 2

I woman should dress in any way she chooses and not be sexually harassed. Period. Have you noticed that you aren't even sticking to Jordan's narrative, but blowing it out of proportion?

Double down on the double standard.

I'm not the sexist pig here. Genuine lol.

In a perfect world yes! Ideally nobody should have to worry about being harassed, raped, murdered or even going broke. But unfortunately that's not the world that we live in Mr. Chons now is it?

I don't understand why you're getting so flustered at even trying to have a conversation to discuss concious things that could lower the likelihood of the problem. You're attempting to argue for a reality that doesn't even exist.

• Like 1

Dressing presentable and dressing suggestive are 2 different things.

For some odd reason he seems to be either denying this to be true, or that point just keeps flying over his head.