diazthechamp

Politics thread

7 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

real-top-20-causes-of-death-1999-2016b.j

Let me know when firearm related deaths reaches top 5. 

Where are the percentage points?  This chart is meaningless otherwise.  Does this include suicides? 

Just now, sobercuban said:

Where are the percentage points?  This chart is meaningless otherwise

IDK but it kinda doesn't matter because you look up leading causes and you'll see it's accurate enough. Point is gun related deaths are not nearly as big of a problem as made out to be by the media. It's mainly a political fear driven talking point. Banning assault rifles isn't gonna do squat. Banning guns is asking for civil war. 

All the smartest people in this country don't really have a solution. I don't pretend to have one either but my attitude is I don't really care cause i'm not planning on killing anyone and if death by gun comes to me so be it. I'm not afraid to die. I'm just gonna live my life and not worry about it too much. 

Where chit like this becomes a slippey slope is what rights are next on the chopping block. I fear that more than i do getting shot down by some loon. 

20 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Yet another law enforcement failure.

They told her they can't take a legally owned weapon away from an adult. She also never said he was going to shoot a place up. She supposedly stated she was concerned because of his maturity and lack of experience. She also didn't leave her name or her sons name.

If the cops had showed up and taken this guys gun, he'd be suing and the right would be screaming about how they are coming for everyone's guns.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StompGrind said:

IDK but it kinda doesn't matter because you look up leading causes and you'll see it's accurate enough. Point is gun related deaths are not nearly as big of a problem as made out to be by the media. It's mainly a political fear driven talking point. Banning assault rifles isn't gonna do squat. Banning guns is asking for civil war. 

All the smartest people in this country don't really have a solution. I don't pretend to have one either but my attitude is I don't really care cause i'm not planning on killing anyone and if death by gun comes to me so be it. I'm not afraid to die. I'm just gonna live my life and not worry about it too much. 

Where chit like this becomes a slippey slope is what rights are next on the chopping block. I fear that more than i do getting shot down by some loon. 

Gun deaths are completely avoidable, though. The rest of the **** above it is mostly **** that happens as you get older.

Most people aren't going to get into a car accident tomorrow, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have airbags.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Gun deaths are completely avoidable, though. The rest of the **** above it is mostly **** that happens as you get older.

Most people aren't going to get into a car accident tomorrow, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have airbags.

Alright but a lot of those can be delayed by leading a healthy lifestyle and trying to be safe/responsible. Some of that could be prolonged by our food, water supply, cleaner energy etc. being better regulated because all that stuff has an effect. How much are we gonna nerf with regulation though. The "gun issue" is hardly a top priority. It's more a political talking point. 

If we get too much in the business of controlling & nerfing everything for a few bad actors it's a slippy slope is all i'm saying. 

For the record i'm ok with stricter laws on who is allowed to purchase & own assault rifles. I do however think regular folks should be allowed & not banned because of a few bad apples. 

When i see that kinda talk i'm like woah pump the breaks i see where this is going...

I don't even own a gun currently but i'll defend your right to. 

Edited by StompGrind

Also you just kinda proved my point. "Gun deaths are completely avoidable" < Well there you go what's the fkn problem then? lol

I've lived in this country 40 yrs. Half of which was in NOLA & during my time as a young man it was often the murder capitol of the US. 

I never needed a gun to survive. I just didn't put my self in situations or do stupid chit and even then i had a few close encounters that could have gone real bad but all of them were as you said avoidable. 

You can't control everything. Just live your life the best you can, be aware as you can & try to stay out of trouble and use common sense. 

Edited by StompGrind

Firearm deaths on the pie chart would also include self inflicted (suicide) statististics.

Vert you are blind to reality, it's no deflection....only misinformation tactics by the sheeple.

• Haha 1

I watched a show today describing the exact details of the Red Flag laws, what a fukn joke !

1) You have to go to court and press charges against your loved one(the nutcase you know is going to kill someone). The judge will rule if there is sufficient evidence to remove guns from his home. It's only a temporary judgement, usually 2 weeks.

2)The Flagged individual then has his day in court, if there's not sunstancial and undisputable proof that he's a threat to himself/society...he gets his guns back.

That stupid chiit and red tape should save tons of lives lol

I think Vert was raped with a gun muzzle multiple times while a youth, then with the butt stock while at Top 20 U.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Bwana said:

I watched a show today describing the exact details of the Red Flag laws, what a fukn joke !

1) You have to go to court and press charges against your loved one(the nutcase you know is going to kill someone). The judge will rule if there is sufficient evidence to remove guns from his home. It's only a temporary judgement, usually 2 weeks.

2)The Flagged individual then has his day in court, if there's not sunstancial and undisputable proof that he's a threat to himself/society...he gets his guns back.

That stupid chiit and red tape should save tons of lives lol

LOL agreed, this will probably trigger more crazies to do mass shootings.

Does anyone know the real stats on how many mass shootings there were this yr? 

I don't mean drive by type killings and or criminal activity related incidents where it's lumped in to mass shooting. I'm talking about loons that just decided they suck so much they wanted to check out early and off random people while they're at it. I would add further how many of those were commited with assault rifles because i don't think anyone in this thread is for banning guns all together except maybe Vert? 

How many of those were there this yr? How remote is that statistically? 

and yet i'm supposed to live in fear of that? LOL give me a break.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

I don't mean drive by type killings and or criminal activity related incidents where it's lumped in to mass shooting. I'm talking about loons that just decided they suck so much they wanted to check out early and off random people while they're at it. I would add further how many of those were commited with assault rifles because i don't think anyone in this thread is for banning guns all together except maybe Vert? 

Its not a big deal until it happens to someone you know lol

I never said I wanted to ban ALL guns....also I think my board buddy on this topic just showed up @classicboxer

• Like 2

I honestly don't give a **** how many people are killed in mass shootings. Not my problem. I'm not a bleeding heart person that sways my emotions and fundamentals based on people dying. If me or my family was killed in a mass shooting I wouldn't be crying for gun control. I'd be crying for more people to learn how to defend themselves. 

How many people would have to die in order for me to give up my guns? 

All of them. 

Stop being so ****ing useless and stop depending on other people to "protect and serve you". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

6 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

Amen !

My disagreement with you guys is the notion that the government wants to ban the sale of guns, and hunt down gun owners and take their guns away. There are extremists on both sides, but the idea of some sort of control on the run away industry of guns seems reasonable. I think you guys are pawns who are duped into believing the ''ban all guns" hype, and probably buy even more guns because of it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I honestly don't give a **** how many people are killed in mass shootings. Not my problem. I'm not a bleeding heart person that sways my emotions and fundamentals based on people dying. If me or my family was killed in a mass shooting I wouldn't be crying for gun control. I'd be crying for more people to learn how to defend themselves. 

How many people would have to die in order for me to give up my guns? 

All of them. 

Stop being so ****ing useless and stop depending on other people to "protect and serve you". 

I would love to be there if the gov ever confiscated all your guns....not everyday you get to see a grown male nurse cry like a little girl lol

• Like 1

Just now, classicboxer said:

My disagreement with you guys is the notion that the government wants to ban the sale of guns, and hunt down gun owners and take their guns away. There are extremists on both sides, but the idea of some sort of control on the run away industry of guns seems reasonable. I think you guys are pawns who are duped into believing the ''ban all guns" hype, and probably buy even more guns because of it.

Lol, I have enough of guns for my whole neighborhood dawg. I bought low and will sell high to make a killing like I did during sandy hook. 

You're right though, people will drop 10x true value during a "crisis"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1565040845735.jpg

I'm pretty sure i'll be alight. I don't know any of those people & i'm pretty selective of where i go & the people i hang with. 

The random incident out of my control i'll take my chances. 

• Like 1

Just now, VertFTW said:

I would love to be there if the gov ever confiscated all your guns....not everyday you get to see a grown male nurse cry like a little girl lol

I get to see a top 20 graduate cry about "wah guns are killing people" every day tho... so theres that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

assault weapons are my concern, ... nobody touches my Raketenwerfer, not even my mother !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bezerker101 said:

assault weapons are my concern, ... nobody touches my Raketenwerfer, not even my mother !

Never heard of that one!

• Like 1

Just now, classicboxer said:

Never heard of that one!

anti-tank rocket launcher, .. I only use it on the 4th of July and NYE

4 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

I'm probably the only one here that is totally supportive of gun rights & doesn't even own a gun. I've thought about getting a clock recently just for home protection and to have a fun new hobby because i remember it being pretty fun activity as a teen/young adult since all my friends were into shooting, hunting etc. Very big sportsman gun culture down here. 

My sentiment is this with regard to guns in society. 

2ed0d93e59cb2e6dab687711dc90a99397544769

It's so remote i get shot by some random so i don't fear it. I'm more likely to get shot by some nervous cop than random person on the street, robber or home invasion etc and even those chances are very low. 

That said i DO NOT trust the gov or the media aka it's propaganda arm. 

So I've been travelling the length and breadth of your fine country and have come to the conclusion that trump is going to waltz into the white house next year. 

Funny how many people seem to want to talk politics with me when they find out I'm English/ Swedish. The common thread tends to be that regardless of their party loyalties, and even though people wish trump would stop tweeting, the obstructionist way the dems have acted since 2016 seems to have really irked people. Couple that with the absence of a credible candidate and it seems the neutrals are swinging right. 

Checked the bookies out of interest and they still have the dems winning...i really don't see that happening. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

So I've been travelling the length and breadth of your fine country and have come to the conclusion that trump is going to waltz into the white house next year. 

Funny how many people seem to want to talk politics with me when they find out I'm English/ Swedish. The common thread tends to be that regardless of their party loyalties, and even though people wish trump would stop tweeting, the obstructionist way the dems have acted since 2016 seems to have really irked people. Couple that with the absence of a credible candidate and it seems the neutrals are swinging right. 

Checked the bookies out of interest and they still have the dems winning...i really don't see that happening. 

I might even have to put my no vote policy aside & vote in this one. I can assure it wouldn't be democrap because very few of them have a shred of integrity or common sense left.

I probably still won't cuz fk'em all - Matt Serra. lol

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Its not a big deal until it happens to someone you know lol

I never said I wanted to ban ALL guns....also I think my board buddy on this topic just showed up @classicboxer

BULLCHIIT !!!!  It happened to people I know, remember ?....I bought more bullets and honed my shooting skills, wtf did you do ?

1 hour ago, StompGrind said:

1565040845735.jpg

I'm pretty sure i'll be alight. I don't know any of those people & i'm pretty selective of where i go & the people i hang with. 

The random incident out of my control i'll take my chances. 

It's the innocent unassuming ones like this dude you gotta worry about

image.png.cdceb151788ad7130f2201aa3301c502.png

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Bwana said:

BULLCHIIT !!!!  It happened to people I know, remember ?....I bought more bullets and honed my shooting skills, wtf did you do ?

I was actually thinking about you when I posted that lol...

I remember you were freaking out that day. Suprised you havent changed your viewpoint but maybe you didnt care that much about the situation.

6 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

image.png.cdceb151788ad7130f2201aa3301c502.png

Lol. Who ever said i was innocent or unassuming. I'm pretty seasoned in this world. Ain't much that phases me. I would protect myself or my fam though. I'm plenty capable & willing if it came down to that. 

If i ever got to a point where i felt like the world has nothing more to offer or me to offer to it i definitely wouldn't take that out on others. That i'm not capable of that, don't believe in it and never will be. That isn't who i am at all. Not even a single fiber of my being. 

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I honestly don't give a **** how many people are killed in mass shootings. Not my problem. I'm not a bleeding heart person that sways my emotions and fundamentals based on the actions of criminals.

Fixed.

The minute you kill somebody, you committed a crime. We have laws to address it. That **** in Dayton would have used his car and killed just as many people, if he didn't have a gun. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

I was actually thinking about you when I posted that lol...

I remember you were freaking out that day. Suprised you havent changed your viewpoint but maybe you didnt care that much about the situation.

I was not "freaking" out, I was concerned if they were hurt or possibly dead....that would be a natural reaction for "normal" people. There was no information being released, and I drove down to the city to donate blood...the First responders and hospitals were asking for blood donors.

From your own mouth you said "I've lived in Mexico for 12 years", how old are you ?...what percentage of your life is 12 years ?...wtf do you know about the US ?

There's something fundamentally wrong with you, and your entire thought processing function. 

26 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

vert.png

Fixed for you

• Like 2

As per Joaquin Castro's doxing tweet - If Dana contributes to the Trump campaign, we as U.S. citizens have a moral obligation to

boycott the UFC - (which admittedly won't be too difficult considering the chitty fight-cards)- Soulcycle & Equinox gyms are under a

severe Hollywood boycott now, ... Michael Moore and Barbra Streisand are leading the charge .

* you just can't make this stuff up  😦

3 hours ago, StompGrind said:

They killed 59 people

.00000017% of the population

• Thanks 1

*  Factoid : Ned Pepper (Dayton) was a fictional outlaw portrayed by Robert Duvall in 1969's  "True Grit"

image.png.0175d27f6e46aab184a134b776403b62.png

Ned Pepper : What's your intention? Do you think one on four is a dogfall?

Rooster Cogburn : I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which'll it be?

Ned Pepper : I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Rooster Cogburn : Fill your hand, you son of a ****!

4 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

They killed 59 people

.0000007% of the population

Thanxs for the stats. 

Right so pretty much equivalent to someone getting struck by lightning. < Don't quote me on that i'm just saying it's extremely low. 

Let's pretend for a second it's not provocation & assault weapon killings are just too dangerous & on an exponential rise that we just have to put a stop to them. 

Just to name a few problems...

1. How on earth are you gonna implement that with this population, the current political climate & the amount we have? 

2. How much of a dent would it even make to even take that risk to appease some cry babies?

3. Are they willing to start a civil war or cleansing over it?

4. How are soldiers & law enforcement gonna feel if they have to raid many thousands of citizens homes that refuse?

5. Who could possibly trust the gov at all after the horror show that ensues trying to enforce it?

6. Do cartel's & or other players start investing in black market illegal weapons sale race? 

7. How many jobs lost or effected directly or indirectly? 

Banning assault weapons ( currently only 6-7 states i think ) entirely in every state sorta sounds reasonable on paper to some i get that but causes way more problems than it could ever possibly solve actually doing it & trying to enforce it. It's asking for $hit to hit the fan if you ask me. 

And what if you can build your own guns ?...how they stopping that :)

4 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Also you just kinda proved my point. "Gun deaths are completely avoidable" < Well there you go what's the fkn problem then? lol

I've lived in this country 40 yrs. Half of which was in NOLA & during my time as a young man it was often the murder capitol of the US. 

I never needed a gun to survive. I just didn't put my self in situations or do stupid chit and even then i had a few close encounters that could have gone real bad but all of them were as you said avoidable. 

You can't control everything. Just live your life the best you can, be aware as you can & try to stay out of trouble and use common sense. 

The problem is that every time someone even tries to discuss taking a proactive step to avoiding more gun deaths, people feel compelled to point out that heart disease kills more people than guns as if it is at all relevant to the conversation.

• Like 3

Um hmm. That's totally what causes it. Pointing out that idealistic ideas such as banning assault weapons just isn't practical reality based because it's based on feelings rather than logic & is not even that logistically feasible without major consequences that are worse than the problem is totally the problem. 

Yapping loud enough & demanding assault weapon bans is totally the way we're gonna stop these wascally mass shooters. um hmm. 

Pass nationwide assault weapons ban legislation and try to enforce it and see what happens. You think it's bad now...

Edited by StompGrind

I haven't seen a single convincing logical argument that banning assault weapons is totally necessary given the statistics or that it will do fk all to minimize mass shooters at a reasonable price with regard to rights and logistics of actually enforcing it. 

There's a few correlations with all these shooters & banning assault weapons is NOT gonna fix those issues.

In my view it's a nonsensical feels based band-aid solution to a mortal wound at best. I respectfully agree to disagree with the opinion banning assault weapons will produce any meaningful result when it could likely worsen the situation trying to implement it.   

Edited by StompGrind