Jump to content
diazthechamp

Politics thread

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, MoZZez said:

So I haven't seen anyone putting up the Alabama flag over profile pictures and sending thoughts and prayers. I am guessing they survived the hurricane as it passed over them?

The federal agency that monitors hurricanes said Friday that Hurricane Dorian could have impacted Alabama, backing claims by President Trump that he was right to tweet a warning over the weekend about the storm affecting the state.

In an unsigned statement, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) said that "information provided by NOAA and the National Hurricane Center to President Trump and the wider public demonstrated that tropical-storm-force winds from Hurricane Dorian could impact Alabama." The advisories in question were dated from Wednesday, Aug. 28 to Monday, Sept. 2, the agency said.

The statement points to a few graphics issued by the National Hurricane Center to support Trump's claims. The maps show percentage possibility of tropical storm force winds in the United States. Parts of Alabama were covered, usually with 5 percent to 10 percent chances, between Aug. 27 and Sept. 3. Maps on Aug. 30 grew to cover far more of Alabama, but for only 12 hours, and the highest percentage hit 20 percent to 30 percent before quickly shrinking back down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, broke_fl0w said:

https://www.al.com/news/2019/08/heavy-rain-and-flooding-hit-florence-area.html

They were flooded two weeks ago. Any further rain at all is horrible news, especially the outer rings of a goddamn hurricane. lol

I know you're all about bashing the Trumpster, but the liberal media fed you half the story there. 

Cash, they used a God damn sharpie to hammer his point home.

Suck it up, say you were thinking of much earlier estimates and made a mistake, move on.

 

The whole entertainment value is the idiot refuses to say he ever made a mistake. It's nothing about the media and everything about the stubborn orangutan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entertainment value for many as well is liberals & the orange man bad outrage media are fixated on Trump's every word. 

 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Entertainment value for many as well is liberals & the orange man bad outrage media are fixated on Trump's every word. 

 

I'm more entertained at how many stupid people the snake oil salesman has locked up.

40 million odd stupid people being laughed at by 7 odd billion and all he has to chant is fake news and hilarious emails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

I'm more entertained at how many stupid people the snake oil salesman has locked up.

40 million odd stupid people being laughed at by 7 odd billion and all he has to chant is fake news and hilarious emails.

You think 7 billion people despise Trump? LOL. I'm sure there is more that h8 him than don't but come on. 

I'd say at least of third of the world is indifferent to him & realize a US president no matter who it is has very little impact on their life. 

Those indifferent people are the smart ones not the other way around. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

You think 7 billion people despise Trump? LOL. I'm sure there is more that h8 him than don't but come on. 

I'd say at least of third of the world is indifferent to him & realize a US president no matter who it is has very little impact on their life. 

Those indifferent people are the smart ones not the other way around. 

 

 

I didnt say 7 billion hate Trump, I am saying there are 7 Billion people laughing at the idiot Trump supporters because they are blind fools who believe every word a pathological liar says.

Even people who believe some of his policies over the idiot democratic ones can still call the guy a moron and his blind faith supporters stupid fools.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoZZez said:

I didnt say 7 billion hate Trump, I am saying there are 7 Billion people laughing at the idiot Trump supporters because they are blind fools who believe every word a pathological liar says.

Even people who believe some of his policies over the idiot democratic ones can still call the guy a moron and his blind faith supporters stupid fools.

Ok then. I'm saying i don't think 7 billion are  just laughing at die hard Trump supporters any more than they are laughing a dumb far lefties. There is probably at least a third grabbing popcorn & laughing at his mockery of MSM cool-aid drinkers & all the SJW's, PC outrage culture, identity politics etc. which is slowly dying because stupid liberals, feminiazi's, globalist puppets etc. tried to push all that garbage so it's back firing world wide & created a large enough backlash counter culture that was in always there but in the past more silent but it allowed a lol real estate reality TV show Trump to get elected in the first place. That counter culture was always there though. If you buy the narrative that everyone that is a Trump supporter is some dumb hillbilly, bible thumping white bigot you probably drank all that MSM cool-aid. 

I actually like some of his policies. As for speaking out of turn yeah he says way too much out of turn but it comes with the territory especially because he isn't shy & lies a lot  but the buzz and hypocritical scrutiny is far greater than previous presidents but it's laughable that anything he says he's compared to some of the worst people in history for it. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Ok then. I'm saying i don't think 7 billion are  just laughing at die hard Trump supporters any more than they are laughing a dumb far lefties. There is probably at least a third grabbing popcorn & laughing at his mockery of MSM cool-aid drinkers & all the SJW's, PC outrage culture, identity politics etc. which is slowly dying because stupid liberals, feminiazi's, globalist puppets etc. tried to push all that garbage so it's back firing world wide & created a large enough backlash counter culture that was in always there but in the past more silent but it allowed a lol real estate reality TV show Trump to get elected in the first place. That counter culture was always there though. If you buy the narrative that everyone that is a Trump supporter is some dumb hillbilly, bible thumping white bigot you probably drank all that MSM cool-aid. 

I actually like some of his policies. As for speaking out of turn yeah he says way too much out of turn but it comes with the territory especially because he isn't shy & lies a lot  but the buzz and hypocritical scrutiny is far greater than previous presidents but it's laughable that anything he says he's compared to some of the worst people in history for it. 

 

 

 

 

Most of Europe has a weird superiority complex towards America. They see them as quaint and immature, and trump is consequently a figure of fun. You will not hear anything positive said about him in European media, or by your average European in the street. 

Not having a go at you, or any American but the gulf between what you think about America, and what most foreigners think is probably a lot larger than you realise. 

As an example, I've got a mate at work who is Swedish and moved to Texas a few years ago. He says that the reaction he got from his Swedish friends and family is as if he'd joined a cult. They just can't fathom that any self respecting Swede would leave Sweden for America. There's a lot of borderline brainwashing over here...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

 

I actually like some of his policies. As for speaking out of turn yeah he says way too much out of turn but it comes with the territory especially because he isn't shy & lies a lot  but the buzz and hypocritical scrutiny is far greater than previous presidents but it's laughable that anything he says he's compared to some of the worst people in history for it. 

 

 

 

 

Some of his policies are good, others meh, some are just plainly retarded.

 

The left is no better with the likes of Warren and AOC.

 

As far as scrutiny, maybe he gets it more, I'm not sure, but he makes 95+ % of it on his own by opening his stupid mouth. I would say the nothing bartender is more knowledgeable than Trump when it comes to knowing what's going on and overall IQ. She is just bat **** crazy to the left instead of the right.

 

Also, if you want to see scrutiny of a president, google Obama's tan suit, or Obama and dijon mustard. There you will see scrutiny of a president. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Most of Europe has a weird superiority complex towards America. They see them as quaint and immature, and trump is consequently a figure of fun. You will not hear anything positive said about him in European media, or by your average European in the street. 

Not having a go at you, or any American but the gulf between what you think about America, and what most foreigners think is probably a lot larger than you realise. 

As an example, I've got a mate at work who is Swedish and moved to Texas a few years ago. He says that the reaction he got from his Swedish friends and family is as if he'd joined a cult. They just can't fathom that any self respecting Swede would leave Sweden for America. There's a lot of borderline brainwashing over here...

 

I don't disagree with that but i do know this is likely more support or indifference for him worldwide than the media would have you believe. The media has literally compared him to Hitler, Mao, Stalin etc. which is hilariously stupid & only after he was president. 

Despite what the media says many of his supporters are hard working normal people from all walks of life. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

I don't disagree with that but i do know this is likely more support or indifference for him worldwide than the media would have you believe. The media has literally compared him to Hitler, Mao, Stalin etc. which is hilariously stupid & only after he was president. 

Despite what the media says many of his supporters are hard working normal people from all walks of life. 

My view isn't based on the media; it's purely anecdotal. I haven't met a single person outside the states who has said anything positive about trump. 

But as you suggest, that's because the media likes to portray his supporters as inbred hicks; it plays into the European psyche that somehow we're better than the rest of the world so people lap it up. 

I totally agree with your last paragraph btw. From what i could tell from my last trip to the States, a lot of trump voters in 2020 will be disillusioned moderates who are fed up with the sjws of the left. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bubba_Sparks, question about British politics you may be able to help me with.

 

The 21 conservatives kicked from the whip, I keep reading that they cannot run in the next election. Why is that?

I could understand not running for the party, but the way it sounds is they cannot run at all. So how do the parties get to decide who runs? Or have I misunderstood what has been reported?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StompGrind said:

 

Despite what the media says many of his supporters are hard working normal people from all walks of life. 

 

..... the exact opposite of what the liberal media represents, ^

the liberal media would have u believe that they represent the vast majority of American voters (even though CNN has a viewership under 500K

and a conservative network like FOX has 16 million/ per 24 hrs) or like what I heard yesterday on MSNBC >

" If the presidential election were held today, Democratic candidate Mayor Pete Buttigieg (who has under 4% support nationally/ 0.2% among Blacks)

.... beats Trump in the N/E by 9pts. -Imagine that fruit-loop negotiating trade w/ Jinping or negotiating nukes w/ Sodomic Khomeini .

 

They will say or do anything to forward their psycho-progressive socialist agenda ( green bill, gun-control, late term abortion,  free everything for

illegal immigrants through open borders, free college, college loan dismissment and of course > higher taxes . Who wants this ? Nobody

They are using Trump hate as a conduit to gain power - a sucker play/

 

You ever pour gas on a dead snake ?  You get one last narcrotic convulsive erruption > that's the DNC today as we speak,

Basically dead but they don't know it !

 

Go ahead, .. get me started on that enfeebled corrupt imbecile, ... Uncle Joe Dotard -

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MoZZez said:

@Bubba_Sparks, question about British politics you may be able to help me with.

 

The 21 conservatives kicked from the whip, I keep reading that they cannot run in the next election. Why is that?

I could understand not running for the party, but the way it sounds is they cannot run at all. So how do the parties get to decide who runs? Or have I misunderstood what has been reported?

Yeah, they can stand as independents (or join another party) - they just can't stand as conservatives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Yeah, they can stand as independents (or join another party) - they just can't stand as conservatives. 

That's what I was thinking, but the way the news reported it sure didnt sound that way.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Boris gets punted, if he gets punted anyway, if the party allows the 23 people back.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoZZez said:

That's what I was thinking, but the way the news reported it sure didnt sound that way.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Boris gets punted, if he gets punted anyway, if the party allows the 23 people back.

 

I don't think Boris will get booted out tbh. He's pretty popular with the electorate and has only just won the leadership contest. 

We're in a very weird standoff now though. The house of commons have explored 12 different options via indicative voting and there is not a majority agreement on any of them. So basically they can't agree on what they want, let alone agree a deal with Europe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, StompGrind said:

I don't disagree with that but i do know this is likely more support or indifference for him worldwide than the media would have you believe. The media has literally compared him to Hitler, Mao, Stalin etc. which is hilariously stupid & only after he was president. 

Despite what the media says many of his supporters are hard working normal people from all walks of life. 

how dare they compare trump to Hitler The Conquerer.  hitler was a great man, he was just misunderstood.    but trump is just an idiot in general.

i dont think the Trumpster would ever come as close as Hitler did when it comes to wiping out communism.  stalin done chit far worse than hitler, yet during the war the americans would refer to him as uncle joe. . and the donald really hates mexicans but lacks the testicular fortitude to go invade mexico, round up all the mexicans, and send them to camp.

the trumpster will never have the kind of legacy that stalin and hitler left behind. you cant compare him to any of those guys.  first of all he's orange.

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

how dare they compare trump to Hitler The Conquerer.  hitler was a great man, he was just misunderstood.    but trump is just an idiot in general.

i dont think the Trumpster would ever come as close as Hitler did when it comes to wiping out communism.  stalin done chit far worse than hitler, yet during the war the americans would refer to him as uncle joe. . and the donald really hates mexicans but lacks the testicular fortitude to go invade mexico, round up all the mexicans, and send them to camp.

the trumpster will never have the kind of legacy that stalin and hitler left behind. you cant compare him to any of those guys.  first of all he's orange.

 

On 9/7/2019 at 9:17 AM, -idyb- said:

im dtunk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was drunk last night m8. tonight im just drinking vodka.  what the hell do u have against hitler?

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 3:56 AM, MoZZez said:

I didnt say 7 billion hate Trump, I am saying there are 7 Billion people laughing at the idiot Trump supporters because they are blind fools who believe every word a pathological liar says.

Even people who believe some of his policies over the idiot democratic ones can still call the guy a moron and his blind faith supporters stupid fools.

From an outsider,  who speaks to many walks of life,  I can confirm that the embarrassing ones being laughed at by the rest of the world are the screechtard millenials and antifa supporters. Trump supporters actually appear level headed compared to the salt virgin masses. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 5:48 AM, Bubba_Sparks said:

My view isn't based on the media; it's purely anecdotal. I haven't met a single person outside the states who has said anything positive about trump. 

But as you suggest, that's because the media likes to portray his supporters as inbred hicks; it plays into the European psyche that somehow we're better than the rest of the world so people lap it up. 

I totally agree with your last paragraph btw. From what i could tell from my last trip to the States, a lot of trump voters in 2020 will be disillusioned moderates who are fed up with the sjws of the left. 

 

Do you speak to anyone outside of your cult bubble though?  (jesting partially m8) expecting a herd of brainwashed groupthinkers who are willingly giving a tithe of their earnings to a group of people babbling about a man in the clouds to have a broad understanding or independant thought on politics seems a tad foolhardy does it not?  

 

My point,  I have a lot of soon to be in-laws involved in the NLP 'church' and they will literally give the opinions based on whatever the masses of their congregation follow, based on whatever the bright eyed public speaking course graduate tells them to that week. 

 

Dude up front "Trump bad"

Congregation "trump bad"

Me "trump not that bad maybe?" 

Congregation "OMG GET OUT DEMON!"

 

Etc cetera

Edited by OzStraya
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Do you speak to anyone outside of your cult bubble though?  (jesting partially m8) expecting a herd of brainwashed groupthinkers who are willingly giving a tithe of their earnings to a group of people babbling about a man in the clouds to have a broad understanding or independant thought on politics seems a tad foolhardy does it not?  

 

My point,  I have a lot of soon to be in-laws involved in the NLP 'church' and they will literally give the opinions based on whatever the masses of their congregation follow, based on whatever the bright eyed public speaking course graduate tells them to that week. 

 

Dude up front "Trump bad"

Congregation "trump bad"

Me "trump not that bad maybe?" 

Congregation "OMG GET OUT DEMON!"

 

Etc cetera

So my sample for the view i expressed is mainly the people i have lunch with in Sweden, plus work with in Romania and used to work with in the UK. Probably 50 or so folk. I rarely talk about politics with my gym mates, and virtually never with church mates (apart from about Brexit with one British guy). In fact the only Christians I've talked about trump with are Americans, who are of course largely pro-Trump.

It sounds like your to be in laws go to a very different church from me. I've literally never heard any preacher at my church in Stockholm or back home express political views from the pulpit. 

So in short, I'm not saying i agree, or that it's conclusive, but your average European middle class office worker is mainly anti - trump. 

Hope that clarifies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reading Boris latest plan to sort the Irish backstop is to build a bridge from Ireland to Scotland, honestly im sure someone is handing him a card in the morning of his retarded statement for the day.

An engineers response really says it all. Writing to the Sunday Times, James Duncan, a retired offshore engineer from Edinburgh wrote: "I know this is about as feasible as building a bridge to the moon. 

"For a great part of the 22-mile route the water is more than 1,000ft deep.

"It would require about 30 support towers at least 1,400ft high to carry the road deck across the deepest part and above the shipping channel.

"In total the bridge would require 54 towers, of heights never achieved anywhere in the world."

There is also the issue of unexploded bombs dropped into the Irish Sea during the Second World War. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

Just reading Boris latest plan to sort the Irish backstop is to build a bridge from Ireland to Scotland, honestly im sure someone is handing him a card in the morning of his retarded statement for the day.

An engineers response really says it all. Writing to the Sunday Times, James Duncan, a retired offshore engineer from Edinburgh wrote: "I know this is about as feasible as building a bridge to the moon. 

"For a great part of the 22-mile route the water is more than 1,000ft deep.

"It would require about 30 support towers at least 1,400ft high to carry the road deck across the deepest part and above the shipping channel.

"In total the bridge would require 54 towers, of heights never achieved anywhere in the world."

There is also the issue of unexploded bombs dropped into the Irish Sea during the Second World War. 

 

At least he's trying to find solutions. Building a 13 mile bridge is hardly a crackpot idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

At least he's trying to find solutions. Building a 13 mile bridge is hardly a crackpot idea. 

The prime minister has reportedly asked officials to examine "where this money could come from" as well as "the risks around the project,"

David Davis poured cold water on the idea, saying to Sky News: “He wants to cancel HS2 and spend it on a bridge to Northern Ireland. I don't want to do that." 

This isn't a real attempt at a solution this is his big red bus with the "£350,000,000 A Week Extra For The NHS" all over again, he's trying to come out with a simple solution that the masses can easily understand to an extremely complicated issue and throw a one size fits all band aid over it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

The prime minister has reportedly asked officials to examine "where this money could come from" as well as "the risks around the project,"

David Davis poured cold water on the idea, saying to Sky News: “He wants to cancel HS2 and spend it on a bridge to Northern Ireland. I don't want to do that." 

This isn't a real attempt at a solution this is his big red bus with the "£350,000,000 A Week Extra For The NHS" all over again, he's trying to come out with a simple solution that the masses can easily understand to an extremely complicated issue and throw a one size fits all band aid over it. 

Building a bridge would do a lot more for the country than hs2 though...

The issue really isn't complicated either. It just has no logical resolution that makes all sides happy. The easiest way is to simply say that the UK has special dispensation to maintain the current level of custom checks when goods move from ROI to NI. But the EU sees this as a perk that comes from membership along with freedom of movement. 

The whole 'backstop ' thing is a complete red herring. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Building a bridge would do a lot more for the country than hs2 though...

The issue really isn't complicated either. It just has no logical resolution that makes all sides happy. The easiest way is to simply say that the UK has special dispensation to maintain the current level of custom checks when goods move from ROI to NI. But the EU sees this as a perk that comes from membership along with freedom of movement. 

The whole 'backstop ' thing is a complete red herring. 

They've already sunk billions in to this HS2 they're not gonna drop it now because Boris wants a bridge. Plus the HS2 is part of improving the transport infrastructure in the North of England which is about on par with Scotland on how it feels it gets shafted by its southern neighbours. So taking that away or even just shelving it is really only going to turn more people against him.

Yeah it seems to very much be a who will blink situation between the EU & Britain. With Ireland & Northern Ireland being the ones in the middle of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

They've already sunk billions in to this HS2 they're not gonna drop it now because Boris wants a bridge. Plus the HS2 is part of improving the transport infrastructure in the North of England which is about on par with Scotland on how it feels it gets shafted by its southern neighbours. So taking that away or even just shelving it is really only going to turn more people against him.

Yeah it seems to very much be a who will blink situation between the EU & Britain. With Ireland & Northern Ireland being the ones in the middle of it. 

HS2 is about artificially increasing house prices in the Midlands.... if they want to improve northern infrastructure they should improve the existing infrastructure. 

As for Scotland... you've had your own budget for 15 years so blame Sturgeon/Salmon for that!

Nobody will blink. I'm fairly sure we will never do a deal. Whether that means no deal or were stay in remains to be seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

HS2 is about artificially increasing house prices in the Midlands.... if they want to improve northern infrastructure they should improve the existing infrastructure. 

As for Scotland... you've had your own budget for 15 years so blame Sturgeon/Salmon for that!

Nobody will blink. I'm fairly sure we will never do a deal. Whether that means no deal or were stay in remains to be seen. 

That will be a an unfortunate side effect but the rail system is very much in desperate need of updating.

This is not a complaint just stating that the North of England is similarity disenfranchised with Westminster without being quite as vocal as Scotland.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Just reading Boris latest plan to sort the Irish backstop is to build a bridge from Ireland to Scotland, honestly im sure someone is handing him a card in the morning of his retarded statement for the day.

An engineers response really says it all. Writing to the Sunday Times, James Duncan, a retired offshore engineer from Edinburgh wrote: "I know this is about as feasible as building a bridge to the moon. 

"For a great part of the 22-mile route the water is more than 1,000ft deep.

"It would require about 30 support towers at least 1,400ft high to carry the road deck across the deepest part and above the shipping channel.

"In total the bridge would require 54 towers, of heights never achieved anywhere in the world."

There is also the issue of unexploded bombs dropped into the Irish Sea during the Second World War. 

 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=china+builds+longest+bridge&view=detail&mid=178A64884A24CC64D73D178A64884A24CC64D73D&FORM=VIRE.

Credit Boris for trying to find a solution. Nothings impossible. Just ask the Chinese.

Then there's this option.

https://www.bcferries.com/

Everything from the mainland arrives here on Vancouver Island by ferry. With a population of just over 2.5 million people that's a lot of  goods and people in transit on a daily basis.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

That will be a an unfortunate side effect but the rail system is very much in desperate need of updating.

This is not a complaint just stating that the North of England is similarity disenfranchised with Westminster without being quite as vocal as Scotland.

It's grim up north though mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TUF said:

Warren is Palin 2.0

Cringe levels are on point, but I don't think I would drunkenly bang Elizabeth Warren.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Cringe. All I hear is how people are going to spend even more of my money on kids I never produced. 

 

 

Reparations for all those slaves you currently have that they plan to free....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×