Bubba_Sparks

BigDaddyDelta's Official Clash of Clans Thread

Right here's the plan.  I've deliberately excluded the ones in the clan who do their own thing and screw it up for everyone else from this war, so I'm hoping it will go seamlessly.

DegenJim, your mission is to take out their number 10.  It's a tough ask as you'll only be able to take 70 troops into battle, and they'll have hellacious troops in their clan castle.

Here's what you need to do though:-

Before starting, request attack troops. We'll give you something pretty tough.  Your attack army will be 4 x giants, 40 x archers, 10 x barbarians.

1. Drop a lone barbarian near their clan castle

2. Once the troops (probably a valkyrie, but might be a baby dragon) pop out, drop another barbarian much further from their base.  She will then run over to kill them.

3. As she gets close, drop 40 archers in a circle around her.  SHe will still kill most of them, but that will be enough to take her down.

4.  Then drop 4 giants near their base, from the same side that the remaining archers are now.  Also drop your clan castle troops

5.  Then drop your remaining 8 barbarians

This could be enough to get the win.  Getting the first three steps right is critical - if you don't kill the clan castle troop, they will run amok throwing spinning ginger ninja **** and totally ruin your attack.  I'll post a couple of replays to demonstrate on the game!

The easiest way to screw up the first 3 steps is:-

• take too few archers (20 is definitely not enough, 30 probably not - hence 40)
  • drop them all together in one spot (they can all be killed in one "hit)
  • drop them all too near the base - hence the 2 x barbarian lure (they can get picked off by normal defences
  • drop the rest of your force before you've killed the clan castle troops

Having seen your skills on the poker table, i have faith!

TSUyour mission is to take out their number 9, plus also clean up any stars left over from TUF's attack on number 10.  Please don't attack 10 until you can see he has had a go though.  As well as avoiding stealing his thunder, it will also give you a good idea of what's in the clan castle.  Please see above steps for clan castle troop luring!

TEEMU - your mission is to take out their number 8, and also clean up any stars left over from TSU's attack on number 9.  

I've asked This is Sparta (I know them IRL life) to attack late, and they'll hoover up anything left over between 8-10, so we have good back-up.

BigDD - your mission is to take out 3 & 4.  Resist the urge to go for number 2!  I'm pretty sure you can 3 star both without any problems.

Shimi - your mission is to provide clean-up; if all goes to plan, it will only be on 1 & 2 as we'll have 3 starred everyone else by then!  1 is a beast, but i reckon you'll get a couple, and the full 3 against number 2.

I'll take out number 5 & 6, and i've asked Max/Winter is Coming to take out number 7.  WInter can also do clean up on any mid-low bases.  I think if we stick to the plan, we should get 28 or 29 stars, which should be enough to get the win.

Key thing is not to attack too soon!  DegenJim needs to attack 10 before TSU.  TSU needs to attack 9 before Teemu.  BDD, you need to attack reasonably early too.

Good luck everyone!  Don't forget to ask for attacking troops.

Right here's the plan. I've deliberately excluded the ones in the clan who do their own thing and screw it up for everyone else from this war, so I'm hoping it will go seamlessly.

DegenJim, your mission is to take out their number 10. It's a tough ask as you'll only be able to take 70 troops into battle, and they'll have hellacious troops in their clan castle.

Here's what you need to do though:-

Before starting, request attack troops. We'll give you something pretty tough. Your attack army will be 4 x giants, 40 x archers, 10 x barbarians.

1. Drop a lone barbarian near their clan castle

2. Once the troops (probably a valkyrie, but might be a baby dragon) pop out, drop another barbarian much further from their base. She will then run over to kill them.

3. As she gets close, drop 40 archers in a circle around her. SHe will still kill most of them, but that will be enough to take her down.

4. Then drop 4 giants near their base, from the same side that the remaining archers are now. Also drop your clan castle troops

5. Then drop your remaining 8 barbarians

This could be enough to get the win. Getting the first three steps right is critical - if you don't kill the clan castle troop, they will run amok throwing spinning ginger ninja **** and totally ruin your attack. I'll post a couple of replays to demonstrate on the game!

The easiest way to screw up the first 3 steps is:-

• take too few archers (20 is definitely not enough, 30 probably not - hence 40)
  • drop them all together in one spot (they can all be killed in one "hit)
  • drop them all too near the base - hence the 2 x barbarian lure (they can get picked off by normal defences
  • drop the rest of your force before you've killed the clan castle troops
Having seen your skills on the poker table, i have faith!

Somebody sent me 2 wizards and 2 archers. Should I ditch them and have u send me something else?

• Like 1

Somebody sent me 2 wizards and 2 archers. Should I ditch them and have u send me something else?

Yes that was me....ditch away, i hadn't realised war was quite so close.

Wizards are okay as a clan castle troop, but they die too easily.  I reckon a valk will rip through most of their defences without taking a scratch.  Drop her near a defence though as they attack indiscrimantely, so they can just run around hacking up gold mines and slowly dying...

Just brewing one now....also, when you're in war, it's good to specify that you are requesting attack troops for war.  That will stop someone giving you 5 Wall-breakers just for giggles...

• Like 1

Yes that was me....ditch away, i hadn't realised war was quite so close.

Wizards are okay as a clan castle troop, but they die too easily. I reckon a valk will rip through most of their defences without taking a scratch. Drop her near a defence though as they attack indiscrimantely, so they can just run around hacking up gold mines and slowly dying...

I got rid of them and sent a request. Do I have to wait 15 minutes for the request to go active or can u send them now. Cause if so I can use some emeralds to speed it up Edited by RUF
  • Like 1

I got rid of them and sent a request. Do I have to wait 15 minutes for the request to go active or can u send them now. Cause if so I can use some emeralds to speed it up

Nope, it's only 15 minutes for a new request.

Never spend emeralds ever by the way - eventually you can use them to buy new builders, who speed everything up.

I changed my mind and sent you two balloons.  Reason is they specifically target weapons, and can only be affected by archers (not cannons).  Drop them as near to one of the archer towers as you can.

Gonna watch your attack live, exciting times!

Nope, it's only 15 minutes for a new request.

Never spend emeralds ever by the way - eventually you can use them to buy new builders, who speed everything up.

I changed my mind and sent you two balloons. Reason is they specifically target weapons, and can only be affected by archers (not cannons). Drop them as near to one of the archer towers as you can.

Gonna watch your attack live, exciting times!

God damnit time ran out and they didn't even have anything in their clan castle. The balloons did the trick tho. Took out every defense but one tower. Went a lot better then I expected even tho I didn't really have a plan B after realizing they didn't have anything in the castle. I just kind of panicked and dropped everything.

• Like 1

God damnit time ran out and they didn't even have anything in their clan castle. The balloons did the trick tho. Took out every defense but one tower. Went a lot better then I expected even tho I didn't really have a plan B after realizing they didn't have anything in the castle. I just kind of panicked and dropped everything.

Valiant effort for first war.  Even with another 10 troops, you'd have probably got 3 stars

I think they did have something in their clan castle though.  Rewatch the replay and a little ginger bird runs out.  She actually wreaked havoc on your archers.  When you drop your first barbarian, she kinda peaks out.  Key is to drop your first troop as near to it as possible, then they come out more quickly and you can lure them out.

What do I do now. Still had a couple troops left.

Have a go at 9 if you like.  I think they've got too much firepower for you, but it's good to practice getting those clan castle troops out.

Remember to drop your first guy right next to the clan castle (the square thing with their logo on it).  Then drop your second guy miles away, then drop all the archers.

I'll give you a valkyrie.  I think you'll be badly out-gunned, but it will provide good practice and valuable intell. for TSU!

• Like 1

Valiant effort for first war. Even with another 10 troops, you'd have probably got 3 stars

I think they did have something in their clan castle though. Rewatch the replay and a little ginger bird runs out. She actually wreaked havoc on your archers. When you drop your first barbarian, she kinda peaks out. Key is to drop your first troop as near to it as possible, then they come out more quickly and you can lure them out.

Well I'm triggered. U notice so much more during a replay. I would get merked with quickness in a real war cause u miss so many things when it's live. Sry m8s

• Like 1

Well I'm triggered. U notice so much more during a replay. I would get merked with quickness in a real war cause u miss so many things when it's live. Sry m8s

Yeah, sometimes the troops only just kind of pop their heads out and you don't notice in the heat of battle.

Don't beat yourself up, it's only your first war, and you'll know what to watch out for next time.  Until you've seen it happen, it's hard to appreciate just how devestating one cc troop can be.

I still sometimes do attacks and get annihilated by the cc troops - there's quite a lot to remember all at once, so it's easy to forget something.

Even a gaming legend like Teemu has made mistakes in war, so it really can happen to anyone.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks

Have a go at 9 if you like. I think they've got too much firepower for you, but it's good to practice getting those clan castle troops out.

Remember to drop your first guy right next to the clan castle (the square thing with their logo on it). Then drop your second guy miles away, then drop all the archers.

I'll give you a valkyrie. I think you'll be badly out-gunned, but it will provide good practice and valuable intell. for TSU!

I don't want to waste any attempts if that's how it works. If it won't hurt anything or if it will help then I'll try. I didn't realize, will somebody else be able to go in and finish of the 1st base that I started

• Like 1

I don't want to waste any attempts if that's how it works. If it won't hurt anything or if it will help then I'll try. I didn't realize, will somebody else be able to go in and finish of the 1st base that I started

So basically everyone has two attacks.  You can't attack the same base twice though, but someone else can.  

Your second attack will be useful in that a) it will give you a bit more practice at luring and B) it will show us all what's lurking in their clan castle.  Plus even if you get 50% damage, you get a star, so you never know.

As we have 20 attacks in total, and only 10 bases to take down, we should have plenty of spare attacks to take out number 10, so there really is no harm done.

So basically everyone has two attacks. You can't attack the same base twice though, but someone else can.

Your second attack will be useful in that a) it will give you a bit more practice at luring and B) it will show us all what's lurking in their clan castle. Plus even if you get 50% damage, you get a star, so you never know.

As we have 20 attacks in total, and only 10 bases to take down, we should have plenty of spare attacks to take out number 10, so there really is no harm done.

Will try. Modifying a bit. Think 35 archers and 5 barbarians will be enough. That will give me 2 extra giants. Edited by RUF

Good plan!

2nd attack went better than I expected but that base is pretty OP for his level. Don't include me in the next war until I can actually contribute. Will make some gains this week.

• Like 1

2nd attack went better than I expected but that base is pretty OP for his level. Don't include me in the next war until I can actually contribute. Will make some gains this week.

Yeah, you did everything right, he was just too strong.

They get the same attacks as us - if you look at war events you will see them taking us out.

You'll grow loads in a short time so it won't be long before you start getting 3 stars. It's always tough for the lowest ranked

Yeah, you did everything right, he was just too strong.

They get the same attacks as us - if you look at war events you will see them taking us out.

You'll grow loads in a short time so it won't be long before you start getting 3 stars. It's always tough for the lowest ranked

So they attack our bases at the same time? Also putting in a reinforcement request.

• Like 2

So they attack our bases at the same time? Also putting in a reinforcement request.

Exactly.  We get 20 attacks on their bases, they get 20 attacks on ours.  Most stars wins.

So far they've been quite well organised, but it's early days.  Could all boil down to their number 1 against our number 1.

• Like 1

Exactly. We get 20 attacks on their bases, they get 20 attacks on ours. Most stars wins.

So far they've been quite well organised, but it's early days. Could all boil down to their number 1 against our number 1.

If you guise lose again I might have to pull a Foglet|Cole and bandwagon another coc

Somebody gave me archers. Gonna ditch them if u can get me something better Bubba

• Like 1

Somebody gave me archers. Gonna ditch them if u can get me something better Bubba

10 x archers are ok for regular defence.

Your defensive troops for the war are already in place - you don't need to request again.  

Does that make sense? There's really two different games within the game (well three, including single player)

• Like 1

10 x archers are ok for regular defence.

Your defensive troops for the war are already in place - you don't need to request again.

Does that make sense? There's really two different games within the game (well three, including single player)

I might need some coaching coach

Good work Teemu.

You would have got the full 3 stars if your valkyrie hadn't triggered a spring trap and launched into space

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 2

Good work Teemu.

You would have got the full 3 stars if your valkyrie hadn't triggered a spring trap and launched into space

I would have gotten 3 stars on my first attack if I didn't forget to pull the castle troops. :(

slowly but surely I will NOT be a can!

• Like 2

I would have gotten 3 stars on my first attack if I didn't forget to pull the castle troops. :(

slowly but surely I will NOT be a can!

I think you brought home 4 stars today, plus provided valuable intelligence for further attackers.

I'll be honest, you're not far off a promotion right now.

@Genki, I reckon we've served it up as well as we could.  Base number 2 has one more star for the taking, and base number 1 hasn't been even scratched.  The only ones with any attacks left are very low ranked, so it's all down to you chief.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Damm, they've now got 29 stars.  Something's bothering me about this match-making.  Our Town Halls add up to 70, their's add up to 73.  Wondering if our unusually diverse clan is giving us tricky match-ups.  We always seem to end up as underdogs.

Hmmm.  Something to ponder.  Guess we all need to catch up with BDD and Shimi as quickly as we can!

• Like 2

Damm, they've now got 29 stars. Something's bothering me about this match-making. Our Town Halls add up to 70, their's add up to 73. Wondering if our unusually diverse clan is giving us tricky match-ups. We always seem to end up as underdogs.

Hmmm. Something to ponder. Guess we all need to catch up with BDD and Shimi as quickly as we can!

Trim the fat meight.

Their highest ranked left are their #3 and #4 guys. Neither will be able to get 100% on Genki after watching their #1 only get 2 stars. If Genki can get 6 stars it's over.

• Like 1

Their highest ranked left are their #3 and #4 guys. Neither will be able to get 100% on Genki after watching their #1 only get 2 stars. If Genki can get 6 stars it's over.

Yeah, there number 1 is too big to 3 star though. 2 star and > 57% will do it though

• Like 2

I think it's the match-ups. Wars are won and lost at the top end. You've got l1 & 2 inferno, they have two l3s.

Their second best guy has maxed out wizard towers, maxed out x-bows and maxed out mortars. Bdd is at l6 and l2. We're getting some bad breaks, that's all.

• Like 1

The hog Riders are OP at the level I'm at right now Bubba if u just keep em coming. Gonna go HAM this week so I don't **** the bed again next weekend.

I think it's the match-ups. Wars are won and lost at the top end. You've got l1 & 2 inferno, they have two l3s.

Their second best guy has maxed out wizard towers, maxed out x-bows and maxed out mortars. Bdd is at l6 and l2. We're getting some bad breaks, that's all.

Wtf man you lost again. Joe Silva got fired. Maybe its time to fire your coc match maker too.

• Like 1

Wtf man you lost again. Joe Silva got fired. Maybe its time to fire your coc match maker too.

Our matchmaker absolutely sucks. Keeps putting us up against OP th10s with mages coming out of their ears.

Teemu was playing touch butt with giants behind his th. Edited by BigDaddyDelta