Bubba_Sparks

BigDaddyDelta's Official Clash of Clans Thread

Couple questions

Is their benefit to having 2 barracks.

If I collect the $ in my treasury but my gold storages are maxed out, does it just roll over or do I lose that $. Say I'm maxed at 140,000 and collect the 50k in my treasury, does it become 190,000 despite 140,000 being my max?

• Like 1

No it will stay in the treasurer more barrack equals faster cooking time of troops

Hmm I didn't notice any speed change after I got my 2nd barracks and my cap for elixir is 84k but I was somehow able to spend 100k yesterday on upgrading something. Didn't know if something just rolled over...

• Like 1

Hmm I didn't notice any speed change after I got my 2nd barracks and my cap for elixir is 84k but I was somehow able to spend 100k yesterday on upgrading something. Didn't know if something just rolled over...

each new barracks along with upgrades will speed up cook times for troops. Each lvl barrack will improve a certain troop
  • Like 2

Yeah, more barracks is the long game. Also max out your army camps.

Also, did you know that if you remove trees and rocks that you get jewels? Jewels equal builders - never spend jewels!

Bdd, I'll bench you for the next war as your queen upgrades. Want to get one more in before I hit th9.

• Like 1

Couple questions

Is their benefit to having 2 barracks.

If I collect the $ in my treasury but my gold storages are maxed out, does it just roll over or do I lose that $. Say I'm maxed at 140,000 and collect the 50k in my treasury, does it become 190,000 despite 140,000 being my max?

It won't actually let you collect it. If you're regularly maxing out storage, it's time to upgrade.

• Like 1

Yeah, more barracks is the long game. Also max out your army camps.

Also, did you know that if you remove trees and rocks that you get jewels? Jewels equal builders - never spend jewels!

Bdd, I'll bench you for the next war as your queen upgrades. Want to get one more in before I hit th9.

Bought a starter pack with "1 builder hut/jewels" but only had 1 day after I started before the war started so used a butt load of jewels to fastrack everything... I have some regrets Edited by RUF

Bought a starter pack with "1 builder hut/jewels" but only had 1 day after I started before the war started so used a butt load of jewels to fastrack everything... I have some regrets

Lol. Easily done! You get jewels from completing achievements plus removing stuff. It's worth it in the long run to save them for a new builder. I've got 5 now and it makes everything so much quicker

• Like 1

Okay, i'm going to run the next war in a couple of days.  BDD, I'll let you sit this one out as you're bench-less.  Genki, I'm also going to leave you out for this one as I think without BDD, that basically turns it into a 1 v 1 of you v the enemy's TH10, and then it's pot luck about who's most levelled up (last war for example they had an AQ that was 10 levels higher!)

I need to start using the game mechanics to our advantage a bit - I will time the war so I start it as a TH8, and finish it as a TH9 with an AQ....that should give us an edge plus there are plenty of other TH8s in the clan so it gives us a bit more "cover" if that makes sense.

I do think we are in for a rough ride until I catch up a bit with BDD and BDD catches up a bit with Genki.  War is all about having "cover" for bases - we often find ourselves in a situation where there is a base that no one has a chance to 3 star.

Let's keep building and growing - in this for the long haul so we can become the best clan the world has ever seen!

• Like 1

So, I recently discovered the base editor program, and it has changed my bum life!

My only complaint is that you can't copy from regular bases to war bases, because I created a separate war base but didn't create it in the correct side, apparently.

• Like 1

So, I recently discovered the base editor program, and it has changed my bum life!

My only complaint is that you can't copy from regular bases to war bases, because I created a separate war base but didn't create it in the correct side, apparently.

Yeah, it makes life a lot easier.

You can copy from regular to war base though....although you get more slots as you get to higher TH's

• Like 1

Explain.

So when i go into the layout editor, i have three slots for home bases and three slots for war bases.  I don't know if you have those at all levels.

Have just checked, and copy/paste from home to war does indeed work.  So either it's something you only get at higher levels, or you're a can and screwed it up.

I have two slots for each at my level. My two home slots each have a layout but neither of my war slots have anything in them. The Copy Layout option isn't highlighted, and when pressed it says you can't copy an empty layout.

I have two slots for each at my level. My two home slots each have a layout but neither of my war slots have anything in them. The Copy Layout option isn't highlighted, and when pressed it says you can't copy an empty layout.

So click on the home layout that you want to copy.

Click copy.  Then go to the war "slot" and click and it will paste it in there.

• Like 1

Which one of you bad lads has been spending jewels??

I'm waiting to spend the 450 I got from reaching 1250 trophies on my king once my dark elixir storage is completed.

I'm waiting to spend the 450 I got from reaching 1250 trophies on my king once my dark elixir storage is completed.

You may regret that at some point. Thing is, a 4th builder will basically speed your whole progress up by 33%. Whereas buying your king only advances you by about 0.01%. Entirely up to you, but you might want to hang on to those jewels to save up for a 4th builder.

How many days until you have dragons? They change everything!

For TUF....so when you are raided (or you raid someone else), the available loot is based on four things.

1. Amount of loot in collectors.  50% is available.

2. Amount of loot in storage.  Around 18-20% (depending on level) is available

3. Amount of loot in clan castle treasury.  Only 3% is available.

So obviously this makes it much better to collect your loot from your collector to your storage.  Also note that you get that loot when you destroy those particular things.  So if you're raiding someone, and you see that all their loot is in their collectors, and not in storage, if you destroy their collectors, you get all available loot.  This is how you get lots of loot quickly - choose bases with loot you can easily get to.  I'll post an example replay - sometimes I can get 200k of loot from a handful of archers and goblins.

The 4th element is the relative TH level.  If you're attacking someone from a lower level, there's a kind of loot penalty, so there's not as much available as if you attack at the same level.  This is why it is important not to go up TH levels too quickly.  If you're a TH5, a TH7 would take one look at your village, realise there's very little loot and move on.  Whereas if you've gone up to TH7, they'll get the full loot.

Hope that helps!  Basically, when attacking, look for where the loot actually is (collectors always easier to get to than storage), and from a defence point, don't rush up the TH levels too quickly.

• Like 1

For TUF....so when you are raided (or you raid someone else), the available loot is based on four things.

1. Amount of loot in collectors.  50% is available.

2. Amount of loot in storage.  Around 18-20% (depending on level) is available

3. Amount of loot in clan castle treasury.  Only 3% is available.

So obviously this makes it much better to collect your loot from your collector to your storage.  Also note that you get that loot when you destroy those particular things.  So if you're raiding someone, and you see that all their loot is in their collectors, and not in storage, if you destroy their collectors, you get all available loot.  This is how you get lots of loot quickly - choose bases with loot you can easily get to.  I'll post an example replay - sometimes I can get 200k of loot from a handful of archers and goblins.

The 4th element is the relative TH level.  If you're attacking someone from a lower level, there's a kind of loot penalty, so there's not as much available as if you attack at the same level.  This is why it is important not to go up TH levels too quickly.  If you're a TH5, a TH7 would take one look at your village, realise there's very little loot and move on.  Whereas if you've gone up to TH7, they'll get the full loot.

Hope that helps!  Basically, when attacking, look for where the loot actually is (collectors always easier to get to than storage), and from a defence point, don't rush up the TH levels too quickly.

Yes this actually helps alot and was just about to level up my TH5 but will wait now. If you're not benching me for the war i have a couple lay outs i want to run by you that I may or may not have completely swagger jacked. 

• Like 1

Yes this actually helps alot and was just about to level up my TH5 but will wait now. If you're not benching me for the war i have a couple lay outs i want to run by you that I may or may not have completely swagger jacked. 

Yeah, "rushed" bases are generally a bad idea long term.  I max out absolutely everything before moving up.

You're on the team for the next war, don't you worry about that.

• Like 1

#2 looks good in theory but i feel like someone with good CC reinforcements could exploit it. Leaning towards #1

Edited by RUF

Bubba I can't war for a bit so I won't be coming over. I started my queen upgrade again last night so she's down for another week. She will be lvl 29 though so just one more upgrade at this th and I can work on my king.

• Like 2

You may regret that at some point. Thing is, a 4th builder will basically speed your whole progress up by 33%. Whereas buying your king only advances you by about 0.01%. Entirely up to you, but you might want to hang on to those jewels to save up for a 4th builder.

How many days until you have dragons? They change everything!

you think TeemGOD doesn't have 4 builders? Smh
  • Like 2

I'm tempted to join but I've got too much time invested in the little monsters atm moment :lol:

• Like 1

I'm tempted to join but I've got too much time invested in the little monsters atm moment :lol:

Just try it dude. Take it from somebody that use to throw hands on PoGo, CoC is THE premiere mobile app. 

• Like 2

Just try it dude. Take it from somebody that use to throw hands on PoGo, CoC is THE premiere mobile app. 

Sry m8. You GSP'd and quit when the competition got good :lol:

When there's ice on the ground i might join up though.  I aint playing pokemon sk8, m8s

• Like 1

I guess my counting skills were off point this morning.

Speaking of, meant to ask but do u get jewels any other way than buying them, finding them, or earning them for achievements because I have 4 builders and 650 gems. It's 2,500 to get another builder and I'm not spending anymore $ on this ish. If it's gonna take me forever to get enough gems then I'm just gonna spend the gems now.

• Like 1

Speaking of, meant to ask but do u get jewels any other way than buying them, finding them, or earning them for achievements because I have 4 builders and 650 gems. It's 2,500 to get another builder and I'm not spending anymore $ on this ish. If it's gonna take me forever to get enough gems then I'm just gonna spend the gems now.

Those are the only ways but it doesn't take that long to get 2500 gems. Some achievements are worth 1000 gems. The 5th builder is nice but once you get past the beginning of TH9 you won't use it much. That is a ways off if you just started though.

BTW if you get a gem box wait at least two days to collect it. For some reason you get gem boxes more frequently if you wait the two days.

• Like 2

Option 1 is "clan war" specific 

http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/394963

Option 2 just straight defense

http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/286524

Option 3 is a hybrid 

http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/241105

I like number 1, although at TH5, I'm a big fan of setting sneaky traps.  For example, leave an opening deliberately in your walls and put a spring trap in there.  It's a much easier way of getting rid of 3 giants than anything else.  "Troll" bases are fun - i've got one atm moment, as has winter is coming.

Fundamentally, whilst you're at the bottom of the chain, you will be getting attacked by OP TH6/TH7 armies for a while, so there's only so much you can do....

Some achievements get you shed loads of gems though.  Once you get to TH7, you'll be able to get your trophy count to 1250, which gives you 450 gems.  Once at TH8, you'll be able to get your trophy count to 2000, which gives you 1000 gems.  By that point, with the weekly clearing stuff away, you'll have your 2500.  It's maybe 3-4 months down the line, but it speeds you up hugely - what currently takes 5 weeks to build will only take 4.  Definitely more valuable than some temporary speed ups.

• Like 1

Sry m8. You GSP'd and quit when the competition got good :lol:

When there's ice on the ground i might join up though.  I aint playing pokemon sk8, m8s

Don't make me come over their diggle ur gyms with my Diglet m8.

Just try it. Even after Pokemons big update, PoGo has 1000% less depth and CoC is 1000% less gay

• Like 2

Bubba I can't war for a bit so I won't be coming over. I started my queen upgrade again last night so she's down for another week. She will be lvl 29 though so just one more upgrade at this th and I can work on my king.

No worries dude.  AQ at level 30 will be pretty phenomenal.

This time tomorrow I will have an AQ myself....although only L1.

Don't make me come over their diggle ur gyms with my Diglet m8.

Just try it. Even after Pokemons big update, PoGo has 1000% less depth and CoC is 1000% less gay

Pffft, you quit so early I reckon you don't even have a diglet, m8

• Like 2

I like number 1, although at TH5, I'm a big fan of setting sneaky traps.  For example, leave an opening deliberately in your walls and put a spring trap in there.  It's a much easier way of getting rid of 3 giants than anything else.  "Troll" bases are fun - i've got one atm moment, as has winter is coming.

Fundamentally, whilst you're at the bottom of the chain, you will be getting attacked by OP TH6/TH7 armies for a while, so there's only so much you can do....

Some achievements get you shed loads of gems though.  Once you get to TH7, you'll be able to get your trophy count to 1250, which gives you 450 gems.  Once at TH8, you'll be able to get your trophy count to 2000, which gives you 1000 gems.  By that point, with the weekly clearing stuff away, you'll have your 2500.  It's maybe 3-4 months down the line, but it speeds you up hugely - what currently takes 5 weeks to build will only take 4.  Definitely more valuable than some temporary speed ups.

I should have asked sooner. Have been going HAM on the gems so my base is half way presentable for the war. Not that my base will matter much in the end but will you wait a few hours before starting the war preps. I have a few 24 hour upgrades i'll be starting soon. 

Edited by RUF
  • Like 1

I should have asked sooner. Have been going HAM on the gems so my base is half way presentable for the war. Not that my base will matter much in the end but will you a few hours before starting the war preps. I have a few 24 hour upgrades i'll be starting soon. 

That's cool.  We've just declared war!!  We're fighting a bunch of arabs.

It's quite cool if stuff finishes in the next 24 hours as the match-up is made on the basis of the current status.  This time tomorrow I'll have made a big leap in defence/attack, so I'm hoping it will be enough to give us an edge against the big dogs.

• Like 1

Yeah, "rushed" bases are generally a bad idea long term.  I max out absolutely everything before moving up.

You're on the team for the next war, don't you worry about that.

I will heed your advice, m'lord. I feel like I've been rushing a bit myself. I am honored to have a clan leader as wise as yourself.

I bow to u m'lord

BOW-DOWN.jpg

• Like 2

we're gonna get diggled with me in this war m8s. I'm th7 but with practically none of the benefits yet.

Nah, it's all good - the matchups are pretty sophisticated.  It all balances out.  From a war persepctive, you're still ranked below This is Sparta, who is a fully maxed out 6, so it will have balanced you out against a mid-high TH6.

I think we'll get back in the win comment on this one mates.

• Like 1