Bubba_Sparks

BigDaddyDelta's Official Clash of Clans Thread

23 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

What did I miss? Caught the tail end of a minor ghost debate. 

He went full heel. Would have gotten the ban hammer under the SpartaUK regime. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TUF said:

He went full heel. Would have gotten the ban hammer under the SpartaUK regime. 

He's a bit full of himself sometimes. Had a brief debrief with Sassy in the feeder.  Key minutes of meeting:-

• Bonuses will be merit based!  Top few for number of stars, plus those who gave generously (Dave) and those who had to Yolo (TUF).  Bonuses will be given in the feeder to those who could have been in the main but took one for the team (Arrow, Knighty)
  • Ghost would be kicked, but he's an old mate, and is leaving anyway after this war.
  • Loyalty means a lot to Sassy and the ex-Sparta folk are covering themselves in glory in that department at the moment
  • Feeder will continue, but it will most likely be top 15ish in main, next 15 in feeder.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

He's a bit full of himself sometimes. Had a brief debrief with Sassy in the feeder.  Key minutes of meeting:-

• Bonuses will be merit based!  Top few for number of stars, plus those who gave generously (Dave) and those who had to Yolo (TUF).  Bonuses will be given in the feeder to those who could have been in the main but took one for the team (Arrow, Knighty)
  • Ghost would be kicked, but he's an old mate, and is leaving anyway after this war.
  • Loyalty means a lot to Sassy and the ex-Sparta folk are covering themselves in glory in that department at the moment
  • Feeder will continue, but it will most likely be top 15ish in main, next 15 in feeder.

Communism FTW. I asked Sassy to share the bonuses. I inexplicably received some last CWL so I'm black listing myself for a while. Don't really need em at the moment anyways. 

Not sure what the highlighted means. 

And MattSerraGoodFeckHim.JPG to the underlined. 

2 minutes ago, TUF said:

Communism FTW. I asked Sassy to share the bonuses. I inexplicably received some last CWL so I'm black listing myself for a while. Don't really need em at the moment anyways. 

Not sure what the highlighted means. 

And MattSerraGoodFeckHim.JPG to the underlined. 

It's a compliment.  I think the lack of shennanigans from ex-Sparta clan members is quite apparent.  We don't miss our war hits, we don't regularly do 0 or 1 star attacks, and we don't magnanimously decide that now is not the right time to get promoted.

• Like 1

Wish Supercell documented CWL stars better. If he wasn't too gracious to accept bonuses, would give Big Cox the MVP if it wasn't for his blank in the opening round. He had a couple pro hits this war. 3 starred a couple tricky TH12s.

Think I went

TH11 2 star

Near maxed TH11 3 star  

Max TH10 3 star

TH11 2 star

TH11 2 star

TH10 3 star

TH12 2 star this war. 

Going to live the pacifistic life for a bit and get heroes up. 

Edited by TUF
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TUF said:

Wish Supercell documented CWL stars better. If he wasn't too gracious to accept bonuses, would give Big Cox the MVP if it wasn't for his blank in the opening round. He had a couple pro hits this war. 3 starred a couple tricky TH12s.

Think I went

Near maxed TH11 3 star  

Max TH10 3 star

Max TH10 3 star

Near maxed TH11 2 star

Max TH10 3 star

Max TH10 3 star

TH12 2 star this war. 

Going to live the pacifistic life for a bit and get heroes up. 

Nope.

Your first hit was a 2 star on a TH11 without an eagle.

I tell you what can be quite useful if you've got 2 minutes.  Click on the de storage of the bases in war that you hit.  That's the base war strength.  That can give you a pretty good idea of where your limit is.

What the heck.  I'll do yours for you.

1. 2 star on a 424 TH11

2. 3 star on a 448 TH11

3. 3 star on a 360 TH11

4. 2 star on a 504 TH12

5. 2 star on a 448 TH11

6. 3 star on a 376 TH10

7. 2 star on a 488 TH12

For reference, 512 is a max TH12.  I think max TH11s are around 480ish.  Eagles and infernos give you the biggest boost.

Dave has been very solid this war.  His hit in war 6 was sweet.  Problem is he always has that shambolic 0 star in him somewhere along the line.  He's been hitting consistently higher than me this cwl though.

Yea, the CWLs are starting to all roll together. Looked them up and edited it right after i posted that. Was a solid war as a whole and looks like we still would have taken 3rd, even without Ghosts cuckery but the competition was the strongest weve had as well. 

13 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

2 wars left and we are 3 stars away from first place. 

lol was just watching a Juice miner attack. We finished 3rd. The guy that cucked us left to start his own clan. I think crystal 1 is our home for a while. 

• Like 1

I finished the miner and Giants challenges today to get a couple of resource and power potions. It's been awhile since I've used miners. 

The other contender lost so now we are in 1st place and up 7 stars with 2 wars to go. 

• Like 1

we were one war where we were abandoned by our best attacker and another where we just lucked out with multiple 90%+ 2stars from finishing second

• Like 1

Looks like I'm sitting out of war for 2 weeks now...

Clan game rewards.

Will have gotten AQ up 4 levels thanks to the hammer and book. Warden up 4 levels and BK up 2 levels in the next couple weeks though. Good times. 

g2kj4u9rasa21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=54df908f8e71100f4be67d5f3e17a44840989069

• Like 1

DE rune will change bum lives right now but having to choose between the 3 best potions is a bit trolly on Supercells part. 

2 hours ago, TUF said:

DE rune will change bum lives right now but having to choose between the 3 best potions is a bit trolly on Supercells part. 

Lol. The two best possible rewards and still complaining!

Really wish you'd played when an army took 90 minutes to cook... you kids don't know how good you've got it!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol. The two best possible rewards and still complaining!

Really wish you'd played when an army took 90 minutes to cook... you kids don't know how good you've got it!

lol you've outdone your own hipster history with this comment mate. Wasn't so much a complaint as an observation. Builder potion seems like the obvious choice as a new TH11 but hero potions are a bit of a luxury commodity at the moment. What do they cost in the trader? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TUF said:

lol you've outdone your own hipster history with this comment mate. Wasn't so much a complaint as an observation. Builder potion seems like the obvious choice as a new TH11 but hero potions are a bit of a luxury commodity at the moment. What do they cost in the trader? 

They're kind of a bargain. 500 gems. Basically half price. 

8 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

They're kind of a bargain. 500 gems. Basically half price. 

Half price of what? Not a builder book, the +5 builder potion. Can't remember seeing them in the trader but they seem a bit expensive when bundled in the store. Builder potions are a bargain at 285. Just saw this and have some ragrets about spending all my medals on a hero hammer. The math is a bit skewed cause they're figuring it at 10 hours, not 9 hours, but it still saves you about 3 weeks compared to 1 week for same price of medals. 

hwadpzyge8v11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f8c5399e6da7769ed0e22323adc957d46d91489a

14 minutes ago, TUF said:

Half price of what? Not a builder book, the +5 builder potion. Can't remember seeing them in the trader but they seem a bit expensive when bundled in the store. Builder potions are a bargain at 285. Just saw this and have some ragrets about spending all my medals on a hero hammer. The math is a bit skewed cause they're figuring it at 10 hours, not 9 hours, but it still saves you about 3 weeks compared to 1 week for same price of medals. 

hwadpzyge8v11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f8c5399e6da7769ed0e22323adc957d46d91489a

Ah, sorry. I meant the book of heroes not heo potion. 

That's an interesting analysis; the one thing it's hard to quantify is the impact of missing out on war. Hero hammer basically means you don't miss out on 3 wars. 

12 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Ah, sorry. I meant the book of heroes not heo potion. 

That's an interesting analysis; the one thing it's hard to quantify is the impact of missing out on war. Hero hammer basically means you don't miss out on 3 wars. 

I think the only really upside of hero hammers compared to 11 builder potions is the 200k saved DE. You could put 3 heros down and have them all done in 3 days using 11 builder potions. Wouldn't even miss a war if you timed it right. 

21 minutes ago, TUF said:

I think the only really upside of hero hammers compared to 11 builder potions is the 200k saved DE. You could put 3 heros down and have them all done in 3 days using 11 builder potions. Wouldn't even miss a war if you timed it right. 

True. 200k de is a lot of grinding though. 

• Like 1

I had 2 electrodrags, 3 Max loons, and a king left vs 2 max teslas and a builder hut. All of them ended up getting weakened by traps and the teslas finished them.

I ended up with a 98% two star. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

We were down 14 stars and had 5 attacks left. We got 15 stars and locked up 1st place

Nice one. How does your leader handle the bonuses.

Usually top 7 not counting minis but if someone is on and donated a alot more than others then we will include them. No one from our clan is really worried about it so far. 

• Like 2