Bubba_Sparks

BigDaddyDelta's Official Clash of Clans Thread

i got 4 but I'll do better

You were up against some strong stuff.  

We're up against it, but Shimi's inferno towers could keep him from getting more than 1-starred.  We've got a chance of getting 43 or 44 stars i think.

i got 4 but I'll do better

You needed some wallbreakers for that one attack. You golems banged on walls for too long. You had 3 stars of you got them out ahead I think.

• Like 1

You needed some wallbreakers for that one attack. You golems banged on walls for too long. You had 3 stars of you got them out ahead I think.

We're on a heck of a fightback by the way boys.  The randoms have come good!

• Like 1

I'm calling it a night soon gents.

Juice/Ghenki, if you can manage to get 1-4 3-starred, we can win this thing.  I've still got two attacks so should be able to mop up 5 & 6.  I don't think they'll be able to 3 star. Ghenki.

Good luck!

I'm calling it a night soon gents.

Juice/Ghenki, if you can manage to get 1-4 3-starred, we can win this thing.  I've still got two attacks so should be able to mop up 5 & 6.  I don't think they'll be able to 3 star. Ghenki.

Good luck!

He has max troops and level 30 heroes. He's most likely going to 3 star Genki and I

yeah I forgot the damn wb

What does "eq" mean?  Equivalent? I'm brewing you something.

The randoms in my clan annoy me.  I gave that Bizat chap some advice - he even thanks me for it and then just wades in with 12 giants and a handful of archers....

Part of the reason that I won't leave my clan for good. We weeded those kids out throughout the last year and now have 20 solid guys that know what they are doing.

Part of the reason that I won't leave my clan for good. We weeded those kids out throughout the last year and now have 20 solid guys that know what they are doing.

Fair enough. Part of the fun for me at the moment is building the clan - booting out the ones who don't learn/attack, coaching newer players and learning from pro's like yourself.

330ish.

I've lowered it to 200.  Come on in, it's warm by the hearth.

This war has annoyed me, so we'll do another one in a couple of days and you're in.

• Like 1

Fair enough. Part of the fun for me at the moment is building the clan - booting out the ones who don't learn/attack, coaching newer players and learning from pro's like yourself.

This war has annoyed me, so we'll do another one in a couple of days and you're in.

You are going to run into this stuff throughout. It sucks but there isn't anything you can do. I should have 3 starred my 2nd attack but even then we still wouldn't have won. All that you can do is move onto the next one.

• Like 1

I'm going to bounce back to my old clan if you aren't going to war right away. Sucks that we couldn't have had a better match up. I can always jump back later.

I was going to kick off another war tomorrow if you're interested?

I was going to kick off another war tomorrow if you're interested?

I can stay for one more. I'm upgrading my queen soon so I will leave after that since I'm worthless for war without her.

I can stay for one more. I'm upgrading my queen soon so I will leave after that since I'm worthless for war without her.

Cool. Hopefully we'll get a more reasonable match-up this time.  Annoyingly, 2 of our 3 losses have been against rather dodgy clans.

why does my ****ing base keep getting double dipped in spoiled buttermilk by stupid mother ****ers that are way above my base level 

• Like 1

why does my **** base keep getting double dipped in spoiled buttermilk by stupid mother ****s that are way above my base level 

Was that in war, or in regular play?

If it's in regular play, request defensive troops more often.

It's also worth artifically lowering your trophy count by losing a few battles on purpose.  

Your base is looking solid though.  If you have good clan troops, you will have a lot of successful defences.

• Like 1

The lower you are the less you get attacked. You are going to get wrecked from time to time no matter what.

I just think it is complete bull **** that I am getting attacked by foglets that can hold 180 troops when I can only hold 80 myself.

• Like 1

I visit their bases and they are far more advanced than I am

Request clan troops!  

We didn't lose by much. Good effort against foglets

Yeah, there were some heroic efforts.  Considering their number 9 2-starred our number 1, it was always a bit iffy.

I'm going to run a 10 v 10 real soon.  Probably won't strategise quite as much as we have a lot more decent players now.

Advanced dudes.....i need some advice please.

In about 24 days (yes, i am that sad I have calculated it....), all my buildings plus BK will be maxed out.  However, because i got to 5 builders fairly early on, my troop upgrades won't all be done.

I'm currently upgrading hog riderz to L3 (only just started), so will basically be able to complete one more upgrade and start another before i run out of stuff to build.  Now usually I max absolutely everything before going to the next TH level, but I don't like the idea of 5 builders sitting there doing nothing.

My question is therefore do you think there is any point hanging around at TH8 with idle builders just to finish troop upgrades?

If I do upgrade to TH9 as soon as I'm done, which two remaining troop upgrade should i prioritise?  My options will be:-

Hogs 4

Golem 2

Rage 5

Heal 5

Minion 3

Poison 2

Earthquake 2

I'm leaning towards taking Hogs 4 and then Rage 5.  I don't use Hogs much, but want to start using them more - i enjoy the attacking diversity they give.  I typically go into battle with GoWiPe plus 2 x rage, 1 x heal, hence the leaning towards rage as my second one.

Would appreciate your thoughts, learned clan members.

P.S TSU - where you at?? Ain't starting war until you're on board.

In about 24 days (yes, i am that sad I have calculated it....), all my buildings plus BK will be maxed out. However, because i got to 5 builders fairly early on, my troop upgrades won't all be done.

I'm currently upgrading hog riderz to L3 (only just started), so will basically be able to complete one more upgrade and start another before i run out of stuff to build. Now usually I max absolutely everything before going to the next TH level, but I don't like the idea of 5 builders sitting there doing nothing.

My question is therefore do you think there is any point hanging around at TH8 with idle builders just to finish troop upgrades?

If I do upgrade to TH9 as soon as I'm done, which two remaining troop upgrade should i prioritise? My options will be:-

Hogs 4

Golem 2

Rage 5

Heal 5

Minion 3

Poison 2

Earthquake 2

I'm leaning towards taking Hogs 4 and then Rage 5. I don't use Hogs much, but want to start using them more - i enjoy the attacking diversity they give. I typically go into battle with GoWiPe plus 2 x rage, 1 x heal, hence the leaning towards rage as my second one.

are all you're walls maxed?

Golems are highly valuable at th9. Hogs not so much in my experience.

What I'd do is start one of the 2 troop upgrades. Then start you're th upgrade then farm the **** out to max ur resources so when you're th is done you can build those xbows

• Like 1

are all you're walls maxed?

Golems are highly valuable at th9. Hogs not so much in my experience.

What I'd do is start one of the 2 troop upgrades. Then start you're th upgrade then farm the **** out to max ur resources so when you're th is done you can build those xbows

All my walls will be maxed, yes.  I'm farming gold like crazy at the moment.

Okay, cool... i do sometimes get attacked by dudes with L3 golems and they just last forever!

Yeah, X-Bows and Archer Queen are the things i'm looking forward to the most at TH9.  Gonna be going crazy over the Christmas holidays.

All my walls will be maxed, yes. I'm farming gold like crazy at the moment.

Okay, cool... i do sometimes get attacked by dudes with L3 golems and they just last forever!

Yeah, X-Bows and Archer Queen are the things i'm looking forward to the most at TH9. Gonna be going crazy over the Christmas holidays.

Yes get you're queen to lvl 5 as fast as possible. In fact you should max her out before the king
  • Like 1

In about 24 days (yes, i am that sad I have calculated it....), all my buildings plus BK will be maxed out.  However, because i got to 5 builders fairly early on, my troop upgrades won't all be done.

I'm currently upgrading hog riderz to L3 (only just started), so will basically be able to complete one more upgrade and start another before i run out of stuff to build.  Now usually I max absolutely everything before going to the next TH level, but I don't like the idea of 5 builders sitting there doing nothing.

If I do upgrade to TH9 as soon as I'm done, which two remaining troop upgrade should i prioritise?  My options will be:-

Hogs 4

Golem 2

Rage 5

Heal 5

Minion 3

Poison 2

Earthquake 2

I'm leaning towards taking Hogs 4 and then Rage 5.  I don't use Hogs much, but want to start using them more - i enjoy the attacking diversity they give.  I typically go into battle with GoWiPe plus 2 x rage, 1 x heal, hence the leaning towards rage as my second one.

What is your king at?

• Like 1

All my walls will be maxed, yes.  I'm farming gold like crazy at the moment.

Yeah, X-Bows and Archer Queen are the things i'm looking forward to the most at TH9.  Gonna be going crazy over the Christmas holidays.

xbows suck. They are glorified archer towers that you have to pay elixir to keep running

Hogs 4

Golem 2

Rage 5

Heal 5

Minion 3

Poison 2

Earthquake 2

Golems and Rage imo. Hogs are worthless at TH9 unless you bring 4-5 with your war army. Tank troops like Golems and Giants are a priority after heroes.

• Like 1

Invite request sent.

• Like 1

What is your king at?

10.  He can go no further right now

xbows suck. They are glorified archer towers that you have to pay elixir to keep running

Their range is pretty awesome though?

Golems and Rage imo. Hogs are worthless at TH9 unless you bring 4-5 with your war army. Tank troops like Golems and Giants are a priority after heroes.

Thanks.  Hmm, I've just realised i've done a slightly noobish thing....my dragons are still only 2.  Could have sworn i upgraded them pretty early.

Although i find dragons a bit....cliche....

TSU, you're in!  Welcome.  Ready for a war tomorrow?

Edited by Bubba_Sparks

10. He can go no further right now

Thanks. Hmm, I've just realised i've done a slightly noobish thing....my dragons are still only 2. Could have sworn i upgraded them pretty early.

TSU, you're in! Welcome. Ready for a war tomorrow?

juice isn't wrong about xbows they really shine against those queen walk attacks
  • Like 1

10.  He can go no further right now

Thanks.  Hmm, I've just realised i've done a slightly noobish thing....my dragons are still only 2.  Could have sworn i upgraded them pretty early.

TSU, you're in!  Welcome.  Ready for a war tomorrow?

They have good range when set to ground but if you set them to ground in war you get hit with dragons, loons, and lava hounds for 3 stars. If you set them to air/ground then they lose a lot of range and you get hit with ground troops. You could probably just set one to air once you get strong ADs but I leave both air/ground for war and ground outside of war.

• Like 1

Just a suggestion. Once you get to TH9 only loot bases with 2500+ dark elixir. You will gain plenty of elixir and gold while at TH9 but if you farm for that instead of DE then you get stuck with a lot of hero upgrades at the end. I've only been working on heroes and walls for the last 6 months and have at least 3-4 months to go. It's really boring.

• Like 1

Just a suggestion. Once you get to TH9 only loot bases with 2500+ dark elixir. You will gain plenty of elixir and gold while at TH9 but if you farm for that instead of DE then you get stuck with a lot of hero upgrades at the end. I've only been working on heroes and walls for the last 6 months and have at least 3-4 months to go. It's really boring.

Top tip. Yeah, i'm quite obsessive about upgrading my BK - got him to 10 as quickly as possible.  Aim is to get the queen up to 5 with barely a break in between to get that ability.

So you reckon you're 3-4 months from TH10?  I guess it takes longer and longer each time; i reckon i'll have spent around 4-5 months total at TH8.

Mate of mine is at TH8 but still only has 2 builders....it's ridiculous how slowly he progresses.

• Like 1

Top tip. Yeah, i'm quite obsessive about upgrading my BK - got him to 10 as quickly as possible.  Aim is to get the queen up to 5 with barely a break in between to get that ability.

So you reckon you're 3-4 months from TH10?  I guess it takes longer and longer each time; i reckon i'll have spent around 4-5 months total at TH8.

Mate of mine is at TH8 but still only has 2 builders....it's ridiculous how slowly he progresses.

TH9 takes a long time when they keep adding stuff. Each hero upgrade takes 7 days for me plus the time it takes to save enough dark elixir. To take my Queen to level 26 it's 130,000 DE. I have 14-15 hero upgrades left so that is a minimum of 3.5 months but I will need some time to gain elixir in between. The way I see it is I would rather be a strong TH9 upgrading my heroes than a weak TH10 upgrading my heroes.

4 builders is a must imo. 5 is a bonus. Once you get higher you don't use all of the builders often but they help you get there a lot faster.

• Like 1

TH9 takes a long time when they keep adding stuff. Each hero upgrade takes 7 days for me plus the time it takes to save enough dark elixir. To take my Queen to level 26 it's 130,000 DE. I have 14-15 hero upgrades left so that is a minimum of 3.5 months but I will need some time to gain elixir in between. The way I see it is I would rather be a strong TH9 upgrading my heroes than a weak TH10 upgrading my heroes.

4 builders is a must imo. 5 is a bonus. Once you get higher you don't use all of the builders often but they help you get there a lot faster.

Lot of DE needed....think I'm going to prioritise upgrading my drills all the way to 6.  That will be worth an extra 2600 a day.

• Like 1

Lot of DE needed....think I'm going to prioritise upgrading my drills all the way to 6. That will be worth an extra 2600 a day.

this game is nothing but a waiting game if you don't she'll out lots of cash
  • Like 2

this game is nothing but a waiting game if you don't she'll out lots of cash

I refuse to spend a penny.

Warring is fun though.  The clan leader of the clan i used to be refused to go to war....it was a bit dull....