Bubba_Sparks

BigDaddyDelta's Official Clash of Clans Thread

You'll have to hold my hand, this sounds a lot different from operations in Boom Beach.

We'll get you through.

You should share a replay of one of your attacks so we can coach you.

We'll get you through.

You should share a replay of one of your attacks so we can coach you.

I can do that.

Also, upgrading my giants to level 2 for tomorrow.

• Like 2

I can do that.

Also, upgrading my giants to level 2 for tomorrow.

Hmm, hard to tell much.  Your main challenge will be to lure out whatever comes out of the clan castles.  You can you-tube it, but basically there will be some nasty, violent, high level stuff in there.  

You will need to drop one troop so that they come rushing out, and then surround them with probably 20 or so archers.  Make sure you surround them, rather than drop in a clump, or they can all get one-shotted.

Only when you have done that is it worth sending in your giants.  If you don't do that, it's over before it begins.

• Like 1

Hmm, hard to tell much. Your main challenge will be to lure out whatever comes out of the clan castles. You can you-tube it, but basically there will be some nasty, violent, high level stuff in there.

You will need to drop one troop so that they come rushing out, and then surround them with probably 20 or so archers. Make sure you surround them, rather than drop in a clump, or they can all get one-shotted.

Only when you have done that is it worth sending in your giants. If you don't do that, it's over before it begins.

Solid advice!

Solid advice!

You might want to close up some of the gaps in your wall too.  Compartmentalise a bit more for war - protect your defence weapons and don't worry too much about other stuff.

Let Trump be your inspiration....

You might want to close up some of the gaps in your wall too. Compartmentalise a bit more for war - protect your defence weapons and don't worry too much about other stuff.

wow
  • Like 1

You might want to close up some of the gaps in your wall too. Compartmentalise a bit more for war - protect your defence weapons and don't worry too much about other stuff.

Just updated the base, let me know what you think.

I like that you've closed your gaps! Worth upgrading your wall if you have any spare gold. Slows the enemy down.

I've been spamming upgrades on my resource production to start, but I definitely plan to strengthen my walls next.

• Like 2

New clan war folks.

Having had a brief glance at our opponents, if we don't beat this lot I might retire.  I can obliterate anyone from 5 downwards, leaving 1 to 4 for our three big guns.  None of them have AQ/BK at the level of you Juice or Genki.

Juice/Shimi/BDD, are you okay to fill our defensive CoC's?  I will probably do most war chat in this thread as 70% of us are on here and I can write more than two sentences.

ATM Moment, I'm thikning you three take out the top 4 (fairly late on), I'll take 5&6, Winter can take 7&8, then the rest can beat up 9&10.  I'm pretty sure you will get at least 10 stars against the top 4, so we should get a minimum of 28 stars.

Just looked at their war log and they are 14-14 and haven't got anywhere near 28 stars for quite some time.....

• Like 1

New clan war folks.

Having had a brief glance at our opponents, if we don't beat this lot I might retire.  I can obliterate anyone from 5 downwards, leaving 1 to 4 for our three big guns.  None of them have AQ/BK at the level of you Juice or Genki.

Juice/Shimi/BDD, are you okay to fill our defensive CoC's?  I will probably do most war chat in this thread as 70% of us are on here and I can write more than two sentences.

ATM Moment, I'm thikning you three take out the top 4 (fairly late on), I'll take 5&6, Winter can take 7&8, then the rest can beat up 9&10.  I'm pretty sure you will get at least 10 stars against the top 4, so we should get a minimum of 28 stars.

Just looked at their war log and they are 14-14 and haven't got anywhere near 28 stars for quite some time.....

I will fill what I can in a few hours. I haven't looked at the matchup yet but will post the bases that I prefer to attack. If I am confident that I can 3 star them I may use my hits tomorrow since I have family stuff on Friday.

• Like 1

Good stuff mates.

Teemu/TSU, feel free to ask any questions!

Ignore my two previous posts, my phone wouldn't let me type for some reason...

As far as questions, just tell me exactly what you want me to do and I will follow through to the best of my ability.

• Like 1

Ignore my two previous posts, my phone wouldn't let me type for some reason...

As far as questions, just tell me exactly what you want me to do and I will follow through to the best of my ability.

This is the kind of soldier we like!

I'll post tomorrow am - we don't see their real bases until war starts. I think you are going to bring many stars to the clan.

• Like 1

We should be able to stuff these geeks harder and faster then I stuffed my turkey.

It's been while turkey was starting to look appealing if you catch my drift.

• Like 1

Just a heads up, I suppose directed to the top few hitters in war.... hit like Im not there. Im not one to throw a tantrum if you hit bases others would claim as theirs, its not my style. I am more than happy to hit the very lowest base on the map in the closing stages if the top few have done solid work against the top bases, and we are chasing stars.

think of me as clean up... Juice is packing most the troops I am, hell his wizards are bigger, so are his heroes, so he can do as much or more damage to the top as I can. 

the time difference also plays into this scenario quite nicely.

• Like 1

Just a heads up, I suppose directed to the top few hitters in war.... hit like Im not there. Im not one to throw a tantrum if you hit bases others would claim as theirs, its not my style. I am more than happy to hit the very lowest base on the map in the closing stages if the top few have done solid work against the top bases, and we are chasing stars.

think of me as clean up... Juice is packing most the troops I am, hell his wizards are bigger, so are his heroes, so he can do as much or more damage to the top as I can. 

the time difference also plays into this scenario quite nicely.

Thanks Genki!

My strategy for this war is basically that BigDD and Juice target the top 4.

Me/Winter will target 5-7 (but I'll wait until they've done both attacks to make sure we get 9 stars from those 3).

TSU is going to sort out number 10

Teemu/Salads/my painter's son/This is Sparta can then between them take 8-9.  I'll ask Sparta to hold back too as they are maxed out TH6

That will leave you with two attacks for some top-end clean up, me with one attack for mid-range clean-up and Sparta with two attacks for lower-end clean up

TSU

Your biggest challenge will be whatever is in their clan castle.  Assume it is a baby dragon (high hit points, plus does "splash damage".

What you need to do is lure it out by dropping one barbarian as near as possible to the clan castle.  That will get whatever is in there to come out.  You then drop another barbarian in the nearest corner.  Once the baby dragon is well away from the main village, surround it with 30 x archers to kill it.

It might not be a baby dragon, but that's about the nastiest thing that can come out of there, so anything else will be easier.

Once it's practically dead, drop 4-6 giants as near to their mortar as you can.  Take that out, then release the rest of your troops.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - request for attacking troops for your clan castle.  They will tip the battle.

I would recommend something like 30 x archers, 6 x giants, 10 x barbarians, 2 x WB's (if you have them), plus a few more of your choosing. I will give you a valkyrie and a couple of barbarians who can join in and wreak havoc.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Thanks Genki!

My strategy for this war is basically that BigDD and Juice target the top 4.

Me/Winter will target 5-7 (but I'll wait until they've done both attacks to make sure we get 9 stars from those 3).

TSU is going to sort out number 10

Teemu/Salads/my painter's son/This is Sparta can then between them take 8-9. I'll ask Sparta to hold back too as they are maxed out TH6

That will leave you with two attacks for some top-end clean up, me with one attack for mid-range clean-up and Sparta with two attacks for lower-end clean up

TSU

Your biggest challenge will be whatever is in their clan castle. Assume it is a baby dragon (high hit points, plus does "splash damage".

What you need to do is lure it out by dropping one barbarian as near as possible to the clan castle. That will get whatever is in there to come out. You then drop another barbarian in the nearest corner. Once the baby dragon is well away from the main village, surround it with 30 x archers to kill it.

It might not be a baby dragon, but that's about the nastiest thing that can come out of there, so anything else will be easier.

Once it's practically dead, drop 4-6 giants as near to their mortar as you can. Take that out, then release the rest of your troops.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - request for attacking troops for your clan castle. They will tip the battle.

I would recommend something like 30 x archers, 6 x giants, 10 x barbarians, 2 x WB's (if you have them), plus a few more of your choosing. I will give you a valkyrie and a couple of barbarians who can join in and wreak havoc.

Good luck!

Will need to upgrade my troop count but I think I can manage that.

• Like 2

Will need to upgrade my troop count but I think I can manage that.

Oh, I mis-counted!  You've got 70 right?

In which case, I'd go with 6 x giants, 30 x archers, 6 x barbs, 2 x WB's

• Like 2

Oh, I mis-counted! You've got 70 right?

In which case, I'd go with 6 x giants, 30 x archers, 6 x barbs, 2 x WB's

I can probably upgrade my camps once or twice each before making any attacks.

• Like 2

Also, I'll need to upgrade my barracks to get wall breakers, but it's fine, we have two days to make attacks, right?

Nope. We have 24 hours once war starts, which is in slightly more than one hour.

Don't worry about Wall Breakers, they're not a show-stopper.  I could always give you one valkyrie plus one wall breaker if you like, then you can use those to burst int.

• Like 2

How many attacks are we allowed in that 24 hour window?

Two.

Once war is declared, you will see the number 2 on the two little crossed swords.

You click that and it takes you into war mode - you can scout the base, and then attack.

• Like 2

Two.

Once war is declared, you will see the number 2 on the two little crossed swords.

You click that and it takes you into war mode - you can scout the base, and then attack.

Cool, just curious about my margin for error.

• Like 2

Cool, just curious about my margin for error.

By the way, you can only attack two different villages, rather than have two goes at the same one.

There's not a huge difference between 9&10 (one extra archer tower), so you could have a decent crack at both.

Teemu, it's worth overlapping a bit, maybe you should target 8&9?

• Like 2

So 9 is already dead and can't gain stars off it 10 looks too easy to attack and 8 looks too strong... what do

Valiant effort against number 8. Take the easy stars from 10. Good to hone the skills!

• Like 2

My target was taken out, who should I attack and with what?

Treat it as a training run and attack number 10. The lowest target left is 5, and you're not ready for that firepower!