Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Boxing Thread: Adrien Broner Looks Set To Return Against Lee Selby

8 hours ago, TUF said:

That Maxwell/Sediri knockout tho.

came into this thread just to share the youtube video of the last round.  but then i remembered i aint contributing nothing to this thread until my boy classicboxer gets unbanned, therefore i must refrain.

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS - VADA have notified promotors Matchroom Boxing that they have found adverse findings in Millers latest test sample. Although AJ is pushing forward with training for June 1st, the fight is now in doubt

Hearn said Joshua's "preparations continue" for his US debut.

Hearn said he had been informed by the the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (Vada) about the finding from a sample collected on 20 March. Vada operates within boxing and mixed martial arts.

"We are working with all relevant parties and will update with more details soon," he said on Twitter.

Miller's promoter, Dmitriy Salita, said: "We are in the process of obtaining further information about Vada's finding and will have more to say soon on this developing situation. In the meantime Jarrell continues to train for his 1 June fight against Anthony Joshua."

Joshua's manager Freddie Cunningham said they "will 100% be looking at replacement options" if Miller is not allowed to fight.

Joseph Parker, who Joshua beat on points in Cardiff last year to win the WBO belt, said on Twitter he was "very ready and willing" to step in.

Ross Pearson wins boxing debut

313ry6.jpg

Longtime UFC veteran Ross Pearson, winner of The Ultimate Fighter Season 9, won his boxing debut in Australia. After 26 UFC fights, he retired from MMA earlier this year at the age of 34.

Boxing was always Pearson’s core skillset, and evidently he is putting that to good use at the start of a new career in the pugilistic arts.

Via BloodyElbow.comI was a stand-up fighter in the UFC and I know that means I can handle it in boxing,” Pearson told foxsports.com.au prior to the bout. “After fighting in the UFC for many years, I fear no man — this won’t be a one off appearance like Conor McGregor. I aim to conquer the sport by destroying anybody that steps into the ring with me.

but he caught the hands so many times at the end that to call him a stand up fighter seems like wolf tickets 

2 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Ross Pearson wins boxing debut

313ry6.jpg

Longtime UFC veteran Ross Pearson, winner of The Ultimate Fighter Season 9, won his boxing debut in Australia. After 26 UFC fights, he retired from MMA earlier this year at the age of 34.

Boxing was always Pearson’s core skillset, and evidently he is putting that to good use at the start of a new career in the pugilistic arts.

Via BloodyElbow.comI was a stand-up fighter in the UFC and I know that means I can handle it in boxing,” Pearson told foxsports.com.au prior to the bout. “After fighting in the UFC for many years, I fear no man — this won’t be a one off appearance like Conor McGregor. I aim to conquer the sport by destroying anybody that steps into the ring with me.

Can't believe you didn't tag @NoCakeForYaya in for this good news. 

• Like 1

Wilder was right.  Killed a man in the ring and got paid to do it, lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crangs said:

Wilder was right.  Killed a man in the ring and got paid to do it, lol

Total mismatch. Whenever we complain about ufc matchmaking we should be grateful it's not boxing. 

Deontay Wilder agrees Luis Ortiz rematch to deny Anthony Joshua undisputed world title fight

skysports-deontay-wilder-boxing_4681049.

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder says he has agreed a rematch against Luis Ortiz.

The news comes despite Anthony Joshua, the IBF, WBO and WBA 'super' heavyweight champion, saying he wanted face-to-face talks with Wilder to ensure a fight is agreed this year.

However, Wilder appears to have other plans, tweeting on Wednesday morning: "To all my fans, I want to announce that Luis Ortiz and I have signed for a rematch, with the date and site to be announced shortly. All my controversial fights must get dealt with ASAP."

The American's most recent fight was a first-round destruction of Dominic Breazeale to record the ninth-straight defence of his WBC title.

Joshua fights Andy Ruiz Jr on Saturday, live on Sky Sports Box Office, and his promoter Eddie Hearn had urged him to concentrate on impressing on his US debut before calling out Wilder.

He said: "Do we have to make the Wilder fight? More than anything. Biggest fight in world boxing and one of the biggest heavyweight fights of all time.

"I'm scared of Ruiz Jr and especially of Wilder - he can punch! But don't you want those moments, a chance to be undisputed?

"You think we don't want it? We want it so badly. AJ needs to say: 'Now! November or December, no excuses, let's do it'."

On 5/29/2019 at 10:00 AM, Jolldan said:

Deontay Wilder agrees Luis Ortiz rematch to deny Anthony Joshua undisputed world title fight

skysports-deontay-wilder-boxing_4681049.

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder says he has agreed a rematch against Luis Ortiz.

The news comes despite Anthony Joshua, the IBF, WBO and WBA 'super' heavyweight champion, saying he wanted face-to-face talks with Wilder to ensure a fight is agreed this year.

However, Wilder appears to have other plans, tweeting on Wednesday morning: "To all my fans, I want to announce that Luis Ortiz and I have signed for a rematch, with the date and site to be announced shortly. All my controversial fights must get dealt with ASAP."

The American's most recent fight was a first-round destruction of Dominic Breazeale to record the ninth-straight defence of his WBC title.

Joshua fights Andy Ruiz Jr on Saturday, live on Sky Sports Box Office, and his promoter Eddie Hearn had urged him to concentrate on impressing on his US debut before calling out Wilder.

He said: "Do we have to make the Wilder fight? More than anything. Biggest fight in world boxing and one of the biggest heavyweight fights of all time.

"I'm scared of Ruiz Jr and especially of Wilder - he can punch! But don't you want those moments, a chance to be undisputed?

"You think we don't want it? We want it so badly. AJ needs to say: 'Now! November or December, no excuses, let's do it'."

lol like joshua would have actually taken that fight anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PunchBag said:

lol like joshua would have actually taken that fight anyway.

Lol at Wilder fighting the same guy he did last year and claiming Joshua is ducking. Both just as bad as each other already rumours that Wilder already has his next opponent lined up some Polish dude who had to go to distance to beat Charles Martin (so he's definitely trash)

Out of the 'big 3', the only one who has really stepped up is fury. This is going to be mayweather/pacmam all over again

Eddie Hearn is gonna have fun taking that performance to the negotiating table, lol.  All them low ball offers they were throwing out there are gonna bite them in the **** now

20 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Out of the 'big 3', the only one who has really stepped up is fury. This is going to be mayweather/pacmam all over again

Wilder "stepped up" to fight Fury!

• Like 1

AJ needs to fire his trainer, worst advice and his cardio wasn't too far behind. Kept telling him to throw more against a guy with faster hands (sic). 1, 2's were working fine.

Damn I miss the 90's HW's, This crop is crap 

Also, that Katie chick got a gift. The other girl wasn't as skilled but bullied her the whole fight. 97-93 Persoon sounds more like it 

20 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

They've all had 1 or 2 good opponents but Fury has a legit claim to being the best HW at the moment

2 hours ago, classicboxer said:

Wilder "stepped up" to fight Fury!

Lol. Wilder still daren't leave America. 

After last night, fury is the only undisputed hw champion in my books. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol. Wilder still daren't leave America. 

After last night, fury is the only undisputed hw champion in my books. 

Then why didn't Fury fight Joshua? 

• Like 3

Somebody tweet Dana the DanaLaughing.jpg for nearly going all in on this scrandy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, classicboxer said:

Then why didn't Fury fight Joshua? 

Because Joshua ducked him hard!

3 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

@Bubba_Sparks

You got some 'splainin to do.

Lol. Joshua is a can!

Always said fury was the great British hope, not AJ. 

On a slightly more serious note, all week Joshua has been talking about defining his future legacy and nonsense like that. Clearly looking past his opponent and he paid the price. Fair play to Ruiz. 

Edited by Bubba_Sparks

6 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

now that our boy CB is back i can participate in this thread

over in the UFC when this happens they just give the guy an exemption and a free pass for PED's, strip the current champ and then give them an immediate shot at the vacant light heavyweight title. unless of course they cant draw in any buys.  then they fire them on their first marijuana offense or making a tweet that baldy doesnt approve of

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

Adrien Broner Looks Set To Return To The Ring Against Lee Selby 

adrien-broner (23)_1

Sources have advised BoxingScene.com that a fight between former four-division champion Adrien Broner (33-4-1) and former featherweight champion Lee Selby (27-2) is being negotiated for later this year.

There are several details still being negotiated such as the weight that the fight will be fought at and the venue.

The 29-year-old Broner last fought in January when he lost a unanimous decision to future Hall of Famer Manny Pacquiao.  He is 0-2-1 in his past three fights with his last win coming against Adrian Granados in 2017.

Selby was last in the ring in February when he defeated Omar Douglas in a lightweight fight.  The Welshman lost his IBF featherweight title in his prior bout against Josh Warrington by split decision.

Both fighters are advised by Al Haymon, and fight under the Premier Boxing Champions banner.

Cincinnati's Broner has bounced between the super lightweight and welterweight divisions over the past few years.  With Selby having only fought once at 135 pounds the fight will likely require him to move up one more weight class to the 140 pound super lightweight limit.

Selby has also teased the potential bout on his social media accounts, stating an announcement for a "massive fight" is coming soon.

1 hour ago, crangs said:

giphy.webp

Literally just seen a highlight of that fight a few hours ago lol Maidana took his soul that night😂