Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Boxing Thread: Canelo Alvarez signs record-breaking $365 million deal with DAZN

Canelo already ahead 3 rounds on the judges scorecards cards in the 1st round.

• Like 2

You don't like Canelo huh?

Comment was more against boxings farcical judging. I don't dislike Canelo, just his ties with Golden Boy Promotions but would lol if he got KOd to chit on Oscars plans.

• Like 2

Sparring. I was trolling you salty circle jerkers when I picked Chavez Jr.

lol you've disappointed me more than Jr. did Sr. today m8.

• Like 3

The lazy piece of chit got shutout?  Was averaging about 21 punches a round past the 3rd?  The contest sucked?

Not surprised, mother****ers.

Still better than T-Wood vs Wonderbread.

Still better than T-Wood vs Wonderbread.

that's debatable
  • Like 1

Got it recorded, worth watching or not?

definitely not. Yet to watch the undercard though. Might be some good fights on there
  • Like 1

I watched most of the undercard but fell asleep right before the Canelo fight came on apparently I didn't miss much? Canelo was just meant to have boxed the face off Chavez jr

I know punch stats aren't everything but it says Julio only landed 71 punches the whole fight, round it up and that's basically 6 punches a round. One punch every 30 seconds was Chavez jr asleep in there or something.

Really excited for Canelo vs. GGG

Oh and classicboxer im glad I didn't buy your wolf tickets that Chavez was going to win lol.

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 1

Canelo/Chavez did 1+ million PPV buys. For all the **** I gave Golden Boy for all the f***ery over the last couple years, it was probably best for GB and boxing. They milked Canelo and GGG/Alvarez will be yuge!

• Like 1

LMFAO did you just say Haye chickened out againts Briggs????

Briggs team claimed they could bring the WBA Title to the table for a PPV fight.  Haye signed the contract to those terms.  When they FAILED to bring the WBA Title to the table, Haye offered them the fight on normal TV as nobody will pay PPV for that fight without a world title on the line.  Briggs refused because he knows that fighting Haye on PPV will bring in millions and dosent wnat to get KO'd for thousands

god you suck 

Just the fact Briggs is even mentioned as a boxer any more is enough to shame me into denying I was ever a huge fan. The rest of the current cans wouldn't have lasted a round in the 70's through 90's, with a few exceptions..

Just the fact Briggs is even mentioned as a boxer any more is enough to shame me into denying I was ever a huge fan. The rest of the current cans wouldn't have lasted a round in the 70's through 90's, with a few exceptions..

Sure I seen he will be fighting for a heavyweight title.

Someone remind me to watch Toney vs Jirov when i get home

Edited by crangs

Andre Dirrel's trainer/uncle likes throwing hands it seems, lol

• Like 1

One for the future

19year old Daniel Dubios has 3fights, 3Wins and 3 Knock Outs

18557165_1354538494582087_57249837544192

Shannon Briggs fight off as he gets busted for having double the testosterone in his system.  Dammit, I was looking forward.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_/id/19431643/shannon-briggs-tests-positive-increased-testosterone-level-fres-oquendo-fight-canceled

Nooooooooo I was so looking forward to seeing Briggs get another crack at gold.

Tyson Fury will not get boxing licence back until his doping case is over

28-year-old Tyson Fury lost his boxing licence last October, a day after he vacated his IBO, WBA and WBO heavyweight titles citing depression

THE British Boxing Board of Control has flattened Tyson Fury’s hopes of a quick return to the ring by confirming it will not lift his suspension until his doping case is resolved.

The 28-year-old lost his boxing licence last October, a day after he vacated his IBO, WBA and WBO heavyweight titles citing depression. However, the Manchester-born fighter had already failed a drugs test in the United States for cocaine and been charged with the use of a prohibited substance by UK Anti-Doping (UKAD).

With Fury now back in training, UKAD is his most serious opponent, as his National Anti-Doping Panel was postponed earlier this month, with no date set for its resumption.

Former world champion Miguel Cotto signs multi-fight deal with Golden Boy Promotions

cotto.jpg

Miguel Cotto will fight for the WBO Junior Middleweight title (154lbs) August 26th against Yoshihiro Kamegai. The title Canelo Alvarez vacated in pursuit of his with GGG.

Kamegai 27-3 with 24 KO's is an awkward styled aggressive fighter. He sounds like a promising challenger for Cotto until you see the class of fighter he has fought. His most notable fight is a unanimous decision loss to Robert Guerrero.

One thing to note is that Miguel Cotto has not fought since he lost a UD against Canelo Alvarez November 21st 2015. A Feb. 25 bout with James Kirkland was canceled when Kirkland suffered a broken nose during his training camp. So ring rust could very easily be an issue and the reason they have not pursued a bigger opponent

On paper this looks like a good fight to get Cotto back in to the media and get him a world title to quickly re-establish his marketability.

Previously, Cotto had said that 2017 would be his final year in the ring. But he admitted Wednesday that he is not firmly committed to that being the case. Fighters, of course, often change their minds about retirement.

If all goes well Aug. 26, Cotto said he would next fight Dec. 2, opponent to be determined. And then he will consider another fight.

lol Floyd is a spiteful bastard. Waits in retirement for 2 years and picks the absolute worst time for HBO/Golden Boy to announce this fight. They have the Ward fight this weekend being completely overshadowed now. McG/Mayweather is now counterprogramming the Cotto fight the same night in August and it will definitely hurt the Canelo/GGG PPV and draw in Vegas being in the same city a couple weeks before. smh

• Like 1

lol Floyd is a spiteful bastard. Waits in retirement for 2 years and picks the absolute worst time for HBO/Golden Boy to announce this fight. They have the Ward fight this weekend being completely overshadowed now. McG/Mayweather is now counterprogramming the Cotto fight the same night in August and it will definitely hurt the Canelo/GGG PPV and draw in Vegas being in the same city a couple weeks before. smh

lol.  Been looking at some boxing forums and god dayum they're salty about the Money v McG fight.  /Saying **** like it should never be sanctioned, it's a circus, it's all about money. So fookin What?!? They all drinking Oscars kool aid, lol

• Like 1

lol. Been looking at some boxing forums and god dayum they're salty about the Money v McG fight. /Saying **** like it should never be sanctioned, it's a circus, it's all about money. So fookin What?!? They all drinking Oscars kool aid, lol

lol boxing has been a circus money grab since its inception. I dont get the rustle. If youre a boxing fan, you have to like it cause its going to end 2 ways. Boxing embarassing MMA or Floyd getting flash KOd. The HBO/GB fanboys are just rustled about Floyd stealing the shine.

lol.  Been looking at some boxing forums and god dayum they're salty about the Money v McG fight.  /Saying **** like it should never be sanctioned, it's a circus, it's all about money. So fookin What?!? They all drinking Oscars kool aid, lol

Boxing fans like this piss me off when they use there short memory's for this **** lol

Canelo vs. Chavez jr. was a money grab and people were selling that like it was the greatest Mexican vs. Mexican fight of our time.

Pacquiao vs. Vargas was a money grab, Manny should have been fighting Crawford.

Haye vs. Bellew was a money grab, one of the biggest fights British boxing had this year and it was pointless.

The list goes on and on....

• Like 1

Boxing fans like this piss me off when they use there short memory's for this **** lol

Canelo vs. Chavez jr. was a money grab and people were selling that like it was the greatest Mexican vs. Mexican fight of our time.

Pacquiao vs. Vargas was a money grab, Manny should have been fighting Crawford.

Haye vs. Bellew was a money grab, one of the biggest fights British boxing had this year and it was pointless.

The list goes on and on....

The same people who bought those fights will be the ones who buy this farce too. Plenty of boxing fans were against the match ups you mention. Differences is that they were at least real boxers. McG got boxed up by Nate ffs. This match up is a bigger insult to the sport than any those. Haye vs Bellew was surprisingly competitive.

Ward tko over Kovalev, more controversy via multiple low blows

I'm no fan of either of them but Ward's constant fouling and home cooking is unbearable. Multiple low blows to end the fight but people seem to want to dismiss them because a right hand had hurt Kovalev prior, neglecting the fact that low blows lead to that right hand. smh

I had Ward up by 1 at the time of the stoppage.

How anyone can watch Ward mugging people and think he is the p4p best when you got to see Rigo just before that is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

18485992_1350754764960460_58308593342543

Credit to James Toney, 48 years old just won WBF title and still getting paid.

Only thing left is a rematch with Randy Couture in a boxing ring (no comb grabbing)