Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Boxing Thread: Joshua vs. Miller In Doubt After Failed Drug Test

Poor Pac. 

"Pacquiao's best talents are singing, promoting Hennessy, and planking" - Broner. At the press conference today. 

14 hours ago, TUF said:

Poor Pac. 

"Pacquiao's best talents are singing, promoting Hennessy, and planking" - Broner. At the press conference today. 

A little part of me wants to see Broner win just so he gets another big fight against the likes of a Thurman, Spence or Crawford.

But I find it impossible to route against Manny.

3 minutes ago, TigerChamp said:

No but im guessing Fury has killed Wilder by now

it was a good fight.  Either way Anthony Joshua is sitting at home saying 'fook that'

• Like 2

Boxing is so rigged. A rematch and more money is more important than the result that was actually deserved. Lost credibility yet again. That hometown points for Wilder was a joke 115 how?? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JSW said:

Boxing is so rigged. A rematch and more money is more important than the result that was actually deserved. Lost credibility yet again. That hometown points for Wilder was a joke 115 how?? 

First off what an amazing fight but the judge who scored that for Wilder needs to be taken out the back and shot.

He's the reason I drifted away from Boxing many years ago.. 

After it took so long to get the scores I knew it would be a draw or spilt. It’s just ridiculous it keeps happening. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:43 AM, TigerChamp said:

No but im guessing Fury has killed Wilder by now

He made Wilder look like an amateur the entire fight except for the two rounds where he got his knock downs.

How anyone could score that for Wilder is beyond me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Except for the part where he was knocked unconscious. lol

He boxed the face of Wilder lol, it was a hell of a knockdown and I didn't expect Fury to get up after it but that and the other one he got were literally all he did the entire fight.

3 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

He boxed the face of Wilder lol, it was a hell of a knockdown and I didn't expect Fury to get up after it but that and the other one he got were literally all he did the entire fight.

Boxed his face off?! LOL

Alright European kids, let's cut the cliches and stop regurgitating the same nonsense. Wilder spent 36 minutes in the ring with a dude that weighed 400 pounds fairly recently and all he had to show for it was a mouse under his eye. I understand we've all been conditioned to appreciate point fighting in boxing, but if it was you who landed a knockout punch and a guy woke up, walked off, and his buddies claimed victory, your jimmies would never recover. 

I get it, you all were cheering for Fury. But take it from a guy who didn't give a damn either way, that fight was nothing to sleep over. One guy landed a ton of fairly soft jabs, and the other guy knocked him out at one point. Then it was ruled a draw because LOL boxing is retarded.

3 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Boxed his face off?! LOL

Alright European kids, let's cut the cliches and stop regurgitating the same nonsense. Wilder spent 36 minutes in the ring with a dude that weighed 400 pounds fairly recently and all he had to show for it was a mouse under his eye. I understand we've all been conditioned to appreciate point fighting in boxing, but if it was you who landed a knockout punch and a guy woke up, walked off, and his buddies claimed victory, your jimmies would never recover. 

I get it, you all were cheering for Fury. But take it from a guy who didn't give a damn either way, that fight was nothing to sleep over. One guy landed a ton of fairly soft jabs, and the other guy knocked him out at one point. Then it was ruled a draw because LOL boxing is retarded.

Wilder only won because he was in the US everyone knows it, end of.

I can't stand Fury lol either winner set up a big fight with AJ Britain vs. Britain fight with Fury or a big America vs. UK fight with Wilder. But now I have to sit through that fight again due to blatant corruption.

6 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Wilder only won because he was in the US everyone knows it, end of.

This is another one that we've got to be smart enough to get past. We can't keep regurgitating the same stupidity.

A British judge, a Canadian judge, and a Mexican judge (Alejandro Rochin, the one who scored it for Wilder) in an arena that had to be 60/40 Fury fans did NOT deliberately help an American **get to a draw on the scorecards** just because it was in Los Angeles. You're going to have to get something better than that.

Edited by cashfl0w

7 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

This is another one that we've got to be smart enough to get past. We can't keep regurgitating the same stupidity.

A British judge, a Canadian judge, and a Mexican judge (Alejandro Rochin, the one who scored it for Wilder) in an arena that had to be 60/40 Fury fans did NOT deliberately help an American **get to a draw on the scorecards** just because it was in Los Angeles. You're going to have to get something better than that.

You can call it what you want lol it was a robbery.

• Like 1

One of them was snoring for about the same amount of seconds as punches that the other guy landed. Neither of these guys has a gripe. The fans have a gripe. The sport is stupid. It's scored poorly. It's quite often rigged. It's the most corrupt sport on the planet. Then I'm supposed to be outraged over the same chit that has been happening my entire life in boxing? Give me a break. 

• Like 1

damn, cash.  you seem a little triggered about it all, m8

On 12/3/2018 at 4:47 AM, cashfl0w said:

They're all appointed by the state commission but home cooked decisions happen everywhere

And as for your knocked unconscious point, whether he was or wasn't, he beat that the count. So that is an irrelevant argument. Fury clearly won 8 rounds

This fight reminded me not only of the Lewis v Holyfield fight, but the first JMM vs Pac. Marquez was floored 4 times in the first round and then won every round after that but was only given a draw. 

7 minutes ago, T.B.E said:

And as for your knocked unconscious point, whether he was or wasn't, he beat that the count. 

People keep saying this, and maybe I'm wrong, but is the ref not supposed to wave off the fight and deny the ten count if the guy is literally unconscious? I'm not going to pretend to have read the rulebook here, but I seem to remember people being denied a ten count.

22 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

People keep saying this, and maybe I'm wrong, but is the ref not supposed to wave off the fight and deny the ten count if the guy is literally unconscious? I'm not going to pretend to have read the rulebook here, but I seem to remember people being denied a ten count.

He beat the count and the ref rightfully deemed him well enough to fight on.  The fact Wilder was holding on for dear life by the end of the round proves this point.  

• Like 1

It doesn't really though. We're on a combat sports forum. We've seen plenty of guys shake off the cobwebs, and come back to win. The fact that he continued to outbox potentially the worst technical boxer on the planet does NOT mean he wasn't literally snoring. 

This is a fruitless argument though. I've already admitted Fury was the better boxer on the night, but fangirls can't face the fact that their boy was asleep. Oh well. They just better hope Wilder doesn't start winging those homerun shots in the first round next time. Fury won't make it out of there if he does.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

It doesn't really though. We're on a combat sports forum. We've seen plenty of guys shake off the cobwebs, and come back to win. The fact that he continued to outbox potentially the worst technical boxer on the planet does NOT mean he wasn't literally snoring. 

This is a fruitless argument though. I've already admitted Fury was the better boxer on the night, but fangirls can't face the fact that their boy was asleep. Oh well. They just better hope Wilder doesn't start winging those homerun shots in the first round next time. Fury won't make it out of there if he does.

I agree it's fruitless. It's academic whether fury was unconscious because the rules only state you have to beat the 10 count. Don't know if I'm classed as a fan girl but he looked out to me, but so what? It's one of the fundamental flaws in boxing if you ask me, which is why I vastly prefer mma. Those are the rules under which they fight though and to be fair, Tyson's terminator- like rise from the floor was pretty heroic. 

Btw, to be specific about the rules from your earlier point, fighters will be denied a 10 count if it's their 3rd knockdown in a round. The referee can also stop the fight if a fighter is not in a 'position or condition' to defend themselves. So had fury looked even slightly like a walking punch-bag after he got up, the ref would have undoubtedly stepped in. It was that rule by which the Conor/Floyd fight was stopped. 

You owe me 10 minutes of my life back for reading the whole bloody boxing rule book. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Truthfully, I've watched about 2% of the amount of boxing matches that I have MMA fights. And a majority of those boxing matches were Mike Tyson fights as a kid. So I just remembered mother****ers laying prone on their back or stumbling around unable to fight and it being waved off. 

I thought for sure when the ref dove in for chest compressions on Fury that it was over. But hey, at least I've finally deduced how so many more people die in the boxing ring. All is not lost here.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

I think it's you not accepting he wasn't knocked out that is more the point.  even flash knockdowns are a temporary loss of consciousness, should all fights be stopped then?I'll 

3 minutes ago, crangs said:

I think it's you not accepting he wasn't knocked out that is more the point.  even flash knockdowns are a temporary loss of consciousness, should all fights be stopped then?I'll 

Come on, man. Get a grip. 

Show me a clip of the knockdown and the count. Watch Fury lay there literally snoring for the first couple seconds when he flung to the mat. My emotional involvement with this issue is literally zero, so I don't know what your angle is supposed to be, or why I'm supposed to be making this up. But it's sort of weird now.

8 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I agree it's fruitless. It's academic whether fury was unconscious because the rules only state you have to beat the 10 count. Don't know if I'm classed as a fan girl but he looked out to me, but so what? It's one of the fundamental flaws in boxing if you ask me, which is why I vastly prefer mma. Those are the rules under which they fight though and to be fair, Tyson's terminator- like rise from the floor was pretty heroic. 

Btw, to be specific about the rules from your earlier point, fighters will be denied a 10 count if it's their 3rd knockdown in a round. The referee can also stop the fight if a fighter is not in a 'position or condition' to defend themselves. So had fury looked even slightly like a walking punch-bag after he got up, the ref would have undoubtedly stepped in. It was that rule by which the Conor/Floyd fight was stopped. 

You owe me 10 minutes of my life back for reading the whole bloody boxing rule book. 

3 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Truthfully, I've watched about 2% of the amount of boxing matches that I have MMA fights. And a majority of those boxing matches were Mike Tyson fights as a kid. So I just remembered mother****ers laying prone on their back or stumbling around unable to fight and it being waved off. 

I thought for sure when the ref dove in for chest compressions on Fury that it was over. But hey, at least I've finally deduced how so many more people die in the boxing ring. All is not lost here.

Agreed, here.  

Btw, just so we're clear, I'm a fan of Tyson Fury, the person. Think the guy is an absolute badass. Love his personality. 

What I didn't love is watching Muhammad Ali in his later years. The Holmes fight is still tough to watch. So my outrage at Fury being knocked out, and then being allowed to continue fighting despite it, was really only because I don't want to see more people end up like Ali. Especially not Fury. That's all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

If he was out I would think so, he looked dead to me from the tv angle but I guess the ref saw something when he looked at him closely. It's up to the refs discretion and it's a little different when it's a knockdown as opposed to a fighter taking sustained punishment but not going down, they're quicker to wave that off

Was listening to Schaub's podcast last night and one of the first times I had to turn it off the guy is so clearly trying to push a narrative it's unreal. Went on like 30 minute rant about how if you think Fury won the fight casual or pro then you don't know chit about boxing. Which to be honest I would accept if it was only me who thought he won but pretty sure Lennox Lewis has forgotten more about boxing than Brendan will ever know.

What made it come of as worse was that it sounded like he didn't believe what he was saying himself.

Adonis Stevenson sounds like he's in a very bad way right now.  

any chance Canelo fights another top 50 fighter in his career? Rocky had big reach... proceeded to stand in the pocket all "fight"

Anthony Joshua: Heavyweight close to deal for "iconic" New York fight, says Eddie Hearn

Anthony Joshua

Anthony Joshua will get the chance to create an "iconic moment" in New York as a deal to fight Jarrell Miller draws closer, says promoter Eddie Hearn.

The unified world champion was due to fight at Wembley on 13 April but the date will almost certainly be scrapped.

Instead, Hearn says facing New Yorker Miller at Madison Square Garden on 1 or 8 June is "likely".

"I really believe it will be a major moment for Joshua's career," Hearn told BBC Sport.

"Legacy is about creating iconic moments and Joshua in New York is an iconic moment.

"He is going to go there and completely turn the US boxing scene on its head as they are going to see a real star."

Jarrell Miller

Miller, 30, has 23 wins (with 20 knockouts) and a draw to his name but has never met anyone of Joshua's pedigree. His best wins up until this point would probably be against Johann Duhaupas a former Eurpoean Heavyweight champion who holds wins over Maunel Charr, Robert Helenius and has fought Deontay Wilder and Alexander Povetkin. As well as Tomasz Adamek, a former Lightheavyweight and Cruiserweight champion who once fought for the Heavyweight title.

How do you think this one goes?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Anthony Joshua: Heavyweight close to deal for "iconic" New York fight, says Eddie Hearn

Anthony Joshua

Anthony Joshua will get the chance to create an "iconic moment" in New York as a deal to fight Jarrell Miller draws closer, says promoter Eddie Hearn.

The unified world champion was due to fight at Wembley on 13 April but the date will almost certainly be scrapped.

Instead, Hearn says facing New Yorker Miller at Madison Square Garden on 1 or 8 June is "likely".

"I really believe it will be a major moment for Joshua's career," Hearn told BBC Sport.

"Legacy is about creating iconic moments and Joshua in New York is an iconic moment.

"He is going to go there and completely turn the US boxing scene on its head as they are going to see a real star."

Jarrell Miller

Miller, 30, has 23 wins (with 20 knockouts) and a draw to his name but has never met anyone of Joshua's pedigree. His best wins up until this point would probably be against Johann Duhaupas a former Eurpoean Heavyweight champion who holds wins over Maunel Charr, Robert Helenius and has fought Deontay Wilder and Alexander Povetkin. As well as Tomasz Adamek, a former Lightheavyweight and Cruiserweight champion who once fought for the Heavyweight title.

How do you think this one goes?

Dude is 5-0 against people with a Wikipedia entry. 

I assume Joshua will win but this is not an iconic fight. We ain't going to be talking about Ali/Foreman, Tyson/Holyfield and Joshua/ Miller in years to come. 

The draw between fury and wilder has left him a bit out of decent options tbh. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Dude is 5-0 against people with a Wikipedia entry. 

I assume Joshua will win but this is not an iconic fight. We ain't going to be talking about Ali/Foreman, Tyson/Holyfield and Joshua/ Miller in years to come. 

The draw between fury and wilder has left him a bit out of decent options tbh. 

Yeah it favours Joshua and I agree likely won't be a classic but tbh I kind of understand him taking this fight.

Fury & Wilder need to rematch so there out.

Charr is fighting Oquendo the end of March so neither of them are available. Same with Pulev.

Trevor Bryan, Agit Kabayel, Otto Walin and Adam Kownacki have fought even fewer real contenders than Miller so you can't really put them in there yet.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Looks like we ain't getting that rematch anytime soon

Depressingly, I wouldn't be surprised if we never see two of the 3 undefeated heavyweights in a ring together. They've all signed tv deals with rival companies so it's going to be harder and harder to get a deal done. 

In meantime no doubt the relevant boxing boards will line up a bunch of mandatory challengers that nobody has ever heard of. 

I guess whenever we complain about ufc matchmaking we should remember it could be worse...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Depressingly, I wouldn't be surprised if we never see two of the 3 undefeated heavyweights in a ring together. They've all signed tv deals with rival companies so it's going to be harder and harder to get a deal done.  

In meantime no doubt the relevant boxing boards will line up a bunch of mandatory challengers that nobody has ever heard of. 

I guess whenever we complain about ufc matchmaking we should remember it could be worse...

Yeah wouldn't be surprised if we don't. I think the only one of the three can really force a fight is Fury because Wilder & Joshua are just going to listen to what there people tell them to do.

Joshua will get paired with Pulev or Charr who are both vets but it doesn't exactly set anyone's hair on fire and Fury's gonna get booked against another Top Rank/ESPN guy probably Rivas or potentially Joseph Parker. The only good one that might come of it is Dillan Whyte might now get a crack at Wilder.

It definitely does make me appreciate MMA even more, can you imagine if Jones, DC & Gustasson were all in a similar situation and had never fought.

• Like 1

:(

another boxing thread i refuse to participate in until classicboxer gets unbanned again

Just seen a tweet that said Paulie Malignaggi is in talks to fight Atrem Lobov in that bare knuckle boxing thing 😂 no way can this be true 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Just seen a tweet that said Paulie Malignaggi is in talks to fight Atrem Lobov in that bare knuckle boxing thing 😂 no way can this be true 

t-rex arms vs glass hands.

8 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Malignaggi signed with BKFC. Same organization that has Artem vs. Hick Diaz coming up. They said if Artem wins, he'll fight Paulie.

6 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Malignaggi signed with BKFC. Same organization that has Artem vs. Hick Diaz coming up. They said if Artem wins, he'll fight Paulie.

Paulie must be going broke or some chit if he's signing up do this.

1 hour ago, TUF said:

That Maxwell/Sediri knockout tho.

just watched it on your recommendation.  Deserves a thank, Haha and like emoji, lol

• Like 1